PDA

View Full Version : Aquapolis: metagame-setting cards

Roarkiller
26th January 2003, 04:10 AM
Apart from the broken cards (octillery, jumpluff, nidoking) i foresee more than a few good cards. Victreebel's power should be familiar to most of u (think gym). Another one i noticed is dodrio, and its not even a rare card.

So, what do u guyz think? Any ground-breaking cards u think might change metagames around?

Btw, if ur looking for spoilers, im sorry to say that i only finished half of it for my own site, so u'll have to find some other source.

hobbs
26th January 2003, 02:09 PM
Well, that new Arcanine could do well with Entei or just with an Energy Stadium. Also, the water Lanturn could do well especially since it counters fire. Another card that could be sweet is that new Scizor. It could replace Steelix for a few reasons.

Other than those, I don't see anything ground breaking.

BTW, the links to your energies are missing "e2-".

Alec Trevelyan
26th January 2003, 05:24 PM
to be honest, i think that the unlimited metagame wont change, nothing, cuz we know that any cards on this set doesnt "fit" in any "TOP" decks, like sneasel/king, steelix/r. zappy , typh/b. rk9 , etc... but on mmf, i see again victreebel/murkry , well, the pokepower of e-2 victreebel is the same as erika's one, and the attack i think is a little bit better, no? yeah, now i think just about this one, later i post another one :D

cya :wave:

Dark_rhyhorn
1st February 2003, 09:39 PM
How about the donphan? 30 for one. He could be put in swarm decks. The seadra is good. He will work with revelations kingdra.

Alec Trevelyan
3rd February 2003, 08:55 PM
uh, now that i saw the entire aquapolis cards i can say a bunch of things, i discussed w/ jason (ness) from pojo too:

1) Juggler, needed in most decks which need energies on pile, arithmetic, gatr, typhlosion, many, this guy is a turbo bill!
2) pokemon fan club: first card which gets 2 cards on ur deck, nice comment about a guy from pojo, and good on snichu decks, to "filtrate" the pokemon from the deck.
3) The new scizor is better then steelix, very powerful card, almost broken if it would have 90 Hp... good offensive power... and a good repleace to steelix.... and another huge advantage: Scyther is better then onix, even the SI :D

about the energy cards, uh... warp is anti slowking/murkrow and other "lock" decks... hmm, crystal is good on 3 colour old style haymaker (buzz/chan/promo mew2) and the boost energy would be good in decks such light dragonite... tuff... many decks w/ 3 energy attack requirement (or even more)

cya :wave:

Ultimate Pikachu
23rd February 2003, 07:23 PM
If Ninetiles hand more HP and Miracle tail did more damage...

DarkBlastoise
24th February 2003, 12:50 AM
Town Volunteers...easily..is the best card from Aquapolis...because its a game saver...especially combined w/ Trader/Boss Way/Fan Club/Training Method it can save ur stuff then get it back....Boost Energy caught my eye too because of its playability w/ Base Charizard. My friend killed my Dark Blastoise deck cuz almost every turn he'd get 1-3 Recyle Energy on his Charizard + 1 Boost Energy and just quick kill every time (then he;'d have an EXP.All on his Charmander just in case). And Victreebel can do wonders in a format (Ne-On) that is rampant w/ Dark Gatr. (as it did w/ Base Gatr)