PDA

View Full Version : Snag clarification

The Muffin Man
26th March 2004, 11:50 PM
Since there are little/no Snag lists on GameFAQs, I need to ask a quick question:

What Pokemon are Snaggable? Not given to you(i.e like the Plusle from Duking), or found. But Snagged.

Also, it'd be helpful if you'd list wether or not they were capturable more than once.

BTW - If the supermods sticky it, we can make this the official "Snag List" topic, until we get real mods in here.

stickachu
27th March 2004, 09:55 AM
Okay, in the order that you can get them...

Phenac City
Makuhita, Lvl 30, Miror B. Peon Trudly
Bayleef, Lvl 30 , Mystery Troop Verde
Quilava, Lvl 30, Mystery Troop Rosso
Croconaw, Lvl 30, Mystery Troop Bluno

Pyrite Town
Noctowl, Lvl 30, Rider Nover
Flaafy, Lvl 30, St. Performer Diogo
Skiploom, Lvl 30, Rider Leba
Quagsire, Lvl 30, Bandana Guy Divel
Misdreavus, Lvl 30, Rider Vant
Slugma, Lvl 30, Roller Boy Lon
Furret, Lvl 33, Rogue Cail

Pyrite Bldg.
Yanma, Lvl 33, Cipher Peon Nore
Mantine, Lvl 33, Mirror B. Peon Ferma
Remoraid, Lvl 20, Mirror B. Peon Reath
Qwilfish, Lvl 33, Hunter Doken

Pyrite Cave
Meditite, Lvl 33 Rider Twan
Swablu, Lvl 33 Hunter Zalo
Dunsparce, Lvl 33 Rider Sosh
Sudowoodo, Lvl 35 Cipher Admin Miror B.

Agate Village
Hitmontop, Lvl 38, Cipher Peon Skrub

Mt. Battle
Entei, Lvl 40, Cipher Admin Dakim

The Under
Ledian, Lvl 40, Cipher Peon Kloak
Suicune, Lvl 40, Cipher Admin Venus
Gligar, Lvl 43, Hunter Frena
Stantler, Lvl 43, Chaser Liaks
Piloswine, Lvl 43, Bodybuilder Lonia
Sneasel, Lvl 43, Rider Nelis

Shadow Lab
Aipom, Lvl 43, Cipher Peon Cole
Murkrow, Lvl 43, Cipher Peon Lare
Forretress, Lvl 43, Cipher Peon Vana
Vibrava, Lvl 43, Cipher Peon Remil
Ariados, Lvl 43, Cipher Peon Lesar
Granbull, Lvl 43, Cipher Peon Tanie
Raikou, Lvl 40, Cipher Admin Ein

Realgam Tower
Sunflora, Lvl 45, Cipher Peon Baila
Delibird, Lvl 45, Cipher Peon Arton
Heracross, Lvl 45, Cipher Peon Dioge
Skarmory, Lvl 47, Snagem Head Gonzap
Miltank, Lvl 48, Bodybuilder Jomas
Absol, Lvl 48, Rider Delan
Houndoom, Lvl 48, Cipher Peon Nella
Tropius, Lvl 48, Cipher Peon Ston
Metagross, Lvl 50, Cipher Nascour
Tyranitar, Lvl 55, Cipher Head Evice

Snagem Hideout
Smeargle, Lvl 45, Team Snagem Biden
Ursaring, Lvl 45, Team Snagem Agrev

The Under
Shuckle, Lvl 45, Deep King Agnol

Outskirt Stand
Togetic, Lvl 20, Shady Guy

Now for some special info...

First, the three snaggable starters. In the beginning, you can only snag one, so pick the one you want to play through the game with; It'll be a while till you can get the others.
You can snag the second starter in Snagem Hideout. After beating the game, you get an e-mail from Secc. Go to Pyrite Town and battle Cail to find out the location of the second trainer. This will open up Snagem Hideout on the map. The Mystery Troop will be in the last room.

Now you can get the third one. You'll get another e-mail from Secc who'll send you to the Under. Battle Gurks (outside the junk shop) to find out the location of the last trainer; the Shadow Pokemon Lab. Also, while you're there, you'll be able to snag the Shadow Lab pokemon you missed earlier. The third Mystery Troop will be in the room where you fought Ein.

Once you get your third starter, you'll get yet another e-mail. This one sends you to the Snagem Hideout (and this is when you can catch Smeargle and Ursaring) When you beat Gonzap, you'll get the D-Disk. Use the disk on the UFO in the Under to find a new colosseum; the Deep Colosseum. The fifth boss in this series will have a snaggable shuckle.

After you have 47 snagged pokemon, you'll see TV broadcasts which lead you to the Outskirt Stand. Beat the trainer there and snag his Togetic.

Once you have all 48 pokemon snagged and purified, go to Battle Mode and beat all 100 trainers on Mt. Battle. (You can only use your pokemon from story mode!) When you win, if you have an empty slot on your PC, you'll get Ho-oh.

The Bosses and Their Pokemon
The Cipher Admins have some great snaggable pokemon, but they're tough to catch. Luckily, if you somehow don't catch them you'll fight each of the bosses more than once. But you really should get the pokemon on the first time you fight them, it's just easier that way.

And that's all I got. If I missed anything, please add to this. :)

ShockingAlberto
29th March 2004, 03:58 PM
Here's a question.

Can I trade my Story Mode Pokemon to Ruby for training and then trade back to take the Mt. Battle challenge? I don't want to take the Mt. Battle challenge without level 100 Pokemon with movesets I adjusted to the way I like.

-- ShockingAlberto

BlueEyesPikachu
29th March 2004, 05:28 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought the Mt. 100 had only the level of your highest leveled Pokemon. You fight 100 trainers, though.

ShockingAlberto
29th March 2004, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by BlueEyesPikachu
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought the Mt. 100 had only the level of your highest leveled Pokemon. You fight 100 trainers, though.

Yeah, but I'd still like my own customized movesets. Plus, I like high level battles more, for some reason.

-- ShockingAlberto

Number1ChanseyFan
29th March 2004, 07:49 PM
In Story Mode, affter you beat Evice at Realgam Tower, the trading center in Phenac City will open up. You can then trade back and forth between Colosseum and Ruby/Sapphire. So yes, you can trade Pokémon from story mode to Ruby/Sapphire, and then trade them back to Colosseum.

In story mode, the Pokémon that you face will be at set levels, starting as low as 15, and gradually getting stronger, topping out at level 60. In Colosseum mode, the trainers on Mt. Battle will all use Pokémon whose level is equal to the level of the highest level Pokémon in your team. However, in Colosseum mode, the trainers on Mt. Battle will never use Pokémon that are lower than level 50.

pimuni
3rd April 2004, 12:01 AM
what if you miss snagging a pokemon from one of those trainers? Is there another chance?

I forgot to snag the Meditite from Rider Twan. I have tried going back to him and talked, but he wont fight. Does this mean i made a stupid mistake and wont be able to obtain the meditite, nor Ho-Oh? (cause u need to snag'em all)

Number1ChanseyFan
3rd April 2004, 02:43 PM
what if you miss snagging a pokemon from one of those trainers? Is there another chance?

I forgot to snag the Meditite from Rider Twan. I have tried going back to him and talked, but he wont fight. Does this mean i made a stupid mistake and wont be able to obtain the meditite, nor Ho-Oh? (cause u need to snag'em all)

Yes, you will have another chance to catch the Shadow Pokémon that you missed out on. After you defeat Evice in the Colosseum at the top of Realgam Tower, you will have "beaten" the game. Save the game after watching the credits. When you resume playing, you will get an e-mail on your P*DA from Secc. Visit him in Pyrite Town, and he will tell you about Cail encountering a trainer with a Shadow Pokémon. Go to Cail and battle him, after you defeat him, he will tell you about the trainer's location. This will open up the "Snagem Hideout" on the map. Bttle through the Hideout, and you will come toa trainer that has one of a Shadow G/S/C starter Pokémon that you didn't snag back in Phenac City early in the game. After you have two of the three G/S/C starter Pokémon, (Bayleef, Croconaw, Quilava) you will get another e-mail on your P*DA from Secc, saying that Nett in The Under are discovered something. Go visit Nett, and he will tell you that Gurks, the trainer outside of the junk shop, knows something about another trainer with a Shadow Pokémon. Go talk to Gurks, and defeat him in battle to learn more. You will then get an e-mail that tells you the trainer's location, which is the Shadow Pokémon Labratory. Go to the lab, and you will remeet many trainers who will still have Shadow Pokémon if you didn't snag them the the first time. In the room where you fought Ein, you will find a trainer that has the last G/S/C starter Pokémon. You will then get another e-mail about the Snagem Machine in the Snagem hideout. Go back to the hideout, and you will be able to fight more trainers that you faced earlier, and you will be able to catch 2 new Shadow Pokémon, Smeargle and Ursaring. You can also have a rematch with Gonzap. If you beat him, the D-Disk will appear on a table in the room you fought him at. The Disk will allow you to get to the Deep Colosseum by riding the UFO in the Under.

pimuni
3rd April 2004, 05:42 PM
What is Realgam tower? Is that the one under construction? And I am not sure who Evice, but i'snt that the last boss? So this means you cant trade with your GBA until you beat the game or something?

:ultraball

(these smilies are awesome, lol)

Number1ChanseyFan
3rd April 2004, 05:50 PM
What is Realgam tower? Is that the one under construction? And I am not sure who Evice, but i'snt that the last boss? So this means you cant trade with your GBA until you beat the game or something?

:ultraball

(these smilies are awesome, lol)

Yes, Realgam Tower is the Construction Site. It will be open after you defeat Ein at the Shadow Pokémon Lab. After defeating Ein, get the Data ROM off of the table next to where Ein was standing, and give it to Nett in The Under. The Realgam Tower should not be open. Evice is the last boss, and the trading center will not open until you defeat Evice. The Trading Center is located in the basement of the Phenac City Pokémon Center.

pimuni
4th April 2004, 12:57 AM
wow, thx, u rock. Oh and now I am at Realgam tower. Just beat the afro guy and the buff guy. Man they were hard! Could you recommend any way of training? At what level where your pokes by then? My Espeon is at 46, Umbreon at 43, Entei + Suicune 40, and Hitmontop 40. I need to train like crazy if i plan to defeat other bosses in Realgam. :scared:

Number1ChanseyFan
4th April 2004, 11:28 AM
wow, thx, u rock. Oh and now I am at Realgam tower. Just beat the afro guy and the buff guy. Man they were hard! Could you recommend any way of training? At what level where your pokes by then? My Espeon is at 46, Umbreon at 43, Entei + Suicune 40, and Hitmontop 40. I need to train like crazy if i plan to defeat other bosses in Realgam. :scared:

You could take your Pokémon to Mt. Battle and train them up a little bit. At the start of Mt. Battle, the trainers are extremely easy, but they will get harder as you go on. You will need to train your Pokémon more before you continue in Realgam Tower. At the top of the Realgam Tower, you will have to fight 6 trainers consecutively, without any break in between, and for the first 4 fights, your Pokémon will not even be healed in between the fights. Plus, each of the 6 trainers has a Shadow Pokémon. After beating the first 4 trainers, although you can't stop and save your game, your Pokémon will be fully healed, and you will face Nascour, who has a Level 50 Shadow Metagross, and 5 Pokémon with levels in the mid-50's. After defeating Nascour, you still won't be able to take a break, but your Pokémon will be healed again. Finally, you will fight Evice, who is the final trainer at the top of Realgam. Evice has a Level 55 Shadow Tyranitar, and his other 5 Pokémon are Level 60-61.

So, I seriously recommend some leveling up before fighting these trainers at the top of Realgam, they are pretty tough, and you can take a lot of damage from the Shadow Pokémon while trying to catch them, as those Pokémon can be very tough to catch.

pimuni
4th April 2004, 12:46 PM
thx again. Wow those last series of battles sound tough. I need to catch all those shadow pokes, lol. And people actually thought pokemon was easy. lol. Well, I'll train and snag'em all. :o