PDA

View Full Version : Never is a Promise

DannyBoy
27th March 2004, 07:48 PM
This is a new horror/thriller type fic I will be doing as I take a short break from Lessons to be Taught which will be back April 12th with fresh new chapters. I need to work on something non pokemon for a while and this idea came from several movies and it for me is fun to write. This will be a 'R' fic because of, some language, some blood, violence, and brief sexual referance. So here is my new thriller/horror fic. Enjoy...

Prologue

Ever make a promise that you couldn’t keep? Ever wish for something to happen? Ever want someone to die because they didn’t keep a secret? Ever just want to hate someone because inside you are truly jealous? Sometimes bitterness can form and things will get out of hand…

Never is a Promise

By: Dan M

“You can never hurt me,” a young woman said faintly to herself. The paleness of her skin became cold with fear as she slowly slid down the lightly colored wall behind her. The whites of her eyes screamed as her frightened pupils grew small to hide.

A faint shadowy figure came near her tender body. Blood oozed from the woman’s bloody torso. Her blue jeans and bottom part of her green shirt were soaking from the thick liquid. She closed her eyes as the scent of death hovered over her. Inside, she knew she would not make it.

“You will never hurt anyone anymore!” she shouted as she shoved her body into the freezing shadow. Sharp knives pierced her delicate body and came out through the back. The cold silver dripped with dark blood as she squirmed on the dark wooden floor. Finally she opened her eyes and peered at nothing but the old wooden rocking chair in front of her.

She looked down at the five black handles in her abdomen. Blood continued to cover the wood floor. Her head soon hit the floor as her body passed away. Off balance, her body tipped over to the right and the lifeless corpse was covered in its own blood.

The shadow returned and saw her lifeless body. It soon floated through the entire house and went through the hard thick wooden front door. As it passed though all windows in the front of the house shattered into millions of tiny pieces that landed in the cold grass below.

The creaky old house glowed a deep dark red as the shadow flew off into the night sky. The sounds of bone chilling screams were heard all around as the house shaked. The wind blew as leaves circled around the gray house.

Soon, all the broken glass started to float back and be put back together in the windows. The windows were soon all back together as the fainted paint began to darken back up. Within minutes the house returned back to normal.

Near the street, a sign stood tall with a piece of paper over it saying Sold flew off revealing the For Sale part once more. The screaming and shaking ended and everything was silent.

The stars continued to shine bright as the clouds passed by the moon. But the scent of death lingered high into the night. But the laughter of a small child could be heard if you listened carefully.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What do ya think so far? I know this is short but I am not good with Prologues. But yea...

Asilynne
27th March 2004, 08:56 PM
I like it so far, it has a cool beginning, and its mysterious. The beginning lures you in and leaves you curious to see whats to come. And I love the title, cant wait to see more ^-^

Transient Thought
27th March 2004, 11:45 PM
Nice prologue. Its kind of creepy but I'm excited to see what will happen. Kind of weird w/ that little child's laughter. Always thought that that was the eeriest thing in the world.

DannyBoy
28th March 2004, 10:11 AM
Asilynne: Hi and thanks for the comment! I am trying my best to not make this a typical horror film and to follow all the rules. I watched a show on VH1 and it talked about what is in every horror movie pretty much and I am going to try and not use them. Thanks again!

Transient Thought: Hi and thanks! I am going to try and give this fic a really creepy feeling. The first two chapters may be slow at first but there will be some creepy moments and your going to have to remember things through out the fic.

Chapter 1 is under way and is going great! Already has some creepy parts and I will have it posted on Saturday. Thanks for the replys! All replys and comments are still appreciated! See ya all later!

:yes: :D :wave:

DannyBoy
28th March 2004, 10:44 PM
Well I deicded a chapter up might make people more interested so I decided to post a chapter every Sunday since the second one is done and I have the first one here. all replys are welcome adn here is the first chapter of Never is a Promise...

Never is a Promise

Awakenings

“Hey mom, look at this one,” a young boy pointed out the window. He pushed his dark skinned finger at the crystal clear glass car window. His mother looked out her window and saw the large gray house.

“What’s so special about that house?” she asked him with confusion. She looked at her son as his eyes bulged out at the sight of the new looking house.

“I don’t know really…It just looks really cool and it’s my favorite color, gray!” he exclaimed with joy. He looked at his mother and made a sad puppy dog face. She looked at his sad brown eyes and stopped the car instantly.

“Fine, we can take a look inside and maybe we can buy it if it’s at a good price,” she responded as she pushed open the blue car door. She stepped out of the blue car as the wind blew at her causing her long loose blue dress to sway in the breeze. She pushed her dark black hair out of her lightly dark skinned face as she shut the car door and began to walk around.

The two met as they walked on the gray paved side walk up to the gloomy looking house. The grass was perfectly cut and the outside of the house was clean. Not a spec of dirt anywhere on it.

The little boy put his arms inside his black t-shirt and started to act like a chicken. His mother pushed his arms through the sleeves and said, “Ok, you wanted to come here but don’t act like a chicken. Do you really want people to think we are weirdoes and we don’t even live here?”

“I wasn’t acting like a chicken I was acting like…I don’t know!” he giggled as he continued walking with his mother up to the large front door. His mother put out a fist and knocked on the hard black wood door a couple of times.

There was no answer but the door slowly crept open. The two looked at each other and then pushed the door open some more. A bright light flashed out of the house as they started to walk inside the house. As they fully opened the door, the light wasn’t as bright as they saw five yellow lamps sitting on the floor with their shades off.

“He…Hello?” the women asked as she grabbed her sons warm hand and walked a few steps. They looked around at the naked house. Nothing but white walls, brown hardwood floors, and the five yellow lamps in the middle of the front filled the bottom half of the house.

“Excuse me, who are you and why are you in this house?” an old female voice said from behind them. They both jumped and turned around to see who was there. They looked to find nothing but the wooden door closed. They turned back around and found a wrinkly face in front of them.

“AW!” the little boy screamed as he grabbed a hold of his mothers blue silky dress. He looked up at the old woman who was smiling causing the wrinkles on her ancient face to move. She then reached down and wiped her hands on her white shirt leaving a trail of black dust.

“WHY ARE YOU HERE?” she shouted with the scent of rotten eggs pouring out of her mouth. The mother covered her face as if she had an itch so she wouldn’t smell the horrid odor. “YOU NEED YOU LEAVE!” she shouted again with much more strength in her voice.

“Wait, how did you get in if the door is shut?” the woman asked with a puzzled face and fear in her tone of voice. She then looked back to find the door wide open once again. She turned back around and the old woman was gone. “Wait, what the,” she was the interrupted.

“Hold on, I will be in there in a second,” a younger female voice announced from somewhere in the house. The two looked around and began to walk backwards and out the door when a woman came walking out from the left side of the house. She was flatting her purple skirt and brushing some dust off her purple work coat.

“What happened to the old lady? She was screaming at us, did you hear?” she asked to the red head walking towards the two. She watched the lady finally stop in front of then and extend her arm.

“Hi, my name is Keri O’Pac. Are you sure you heard an old lady? I didn’t hear or see anything. Just heard you fine people,” she smiled with her shiny pearly whites sticking out. The mother extended her arm and shaked with Keri.

“Well my name is Kelly and this is my son Derek. He saw this house and wanted to look inside. You see we are looking for a new house but it looks like someone lives here with the lamps,” she said with strange look on her face. He looked down with a smile to find Derek missing. “Derek?” she called out to her son with panic.

“I am sure he’s around the house somewhere, now come on and let’s talk!” she responded happily as she began to turn around. Kelly grabbed her arm causing Keri to turn back around. “Ok, then we looks for your little boy,” she replied with a smirk.

Kelly ran out the front door and began to look around the front yard but no one was around. She ran back into the house and ran into the large empty white room and again, nothing. She stood there and shouted, “DEREK, WHERE ARE YOU?!”

A loud thud was then heard from upstairs. Kelly heard it’s and began to look for the stairs. She turned into the back side of the house and found a small staircase leading up into the second half of the house. She darted up the creaky wood stairs and up into a large circular room. She looked around and saw three doors all shut.

“DEREK…CALL OUT FOR MOMMY!” she shouted as she waited and listened. She soon felt two arms grab her from behind and she shrieked in terror. She grabbed the small arms and turned around.

“What’s wrong mommy?” Derek asked as he looked into his mother’s worried eyes. She looked at him then her eyes moved to his hands. A small blue and green striped ball was in his hands.

“Where did you get that?” she nervously asked. Thoughts lingered in her mind about what was going on and where her song got the toy from.

“The little girl gave it to me,” he replied as he looked back down at his new ball. He threw it on the floor making it bounce back up and then back down. His mother caught it was she looked at him and wondered.

All of a sudden, the door behind slowly creaked as it opened up. Kelly turned around and her eyes glowed. She walked forward and was soon in a luxurious bathroom. She walked across the pearl white tiles and moved over to sit on the side of the huge tub. It was crystal like and glittered with relaxation.

“Wouldn’t that be nice to go in every morning?” Keri announced as she walked up behind her. She watched as Kelly gulped and began to want and need. “If you come on downstairs we can talk prices and how fast you would want this,” she replied as she grabbed her shoulder.

“Ok, let’s talk,” she responded as she rubbed her arms. A cool draft of air rushed through her but there was no windows open. She looked at the window and saw it was locked. She then sighed and turned around and found the lady smiling happily as they began to walk back down stairs.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Time passed and three large white trucks came rolling down the blue paved road. They all came to a halt in front of the lively gray house. Kelly and Derek watched happily as movers walked out and began to place their belongings in their new home.

“I am so happy mommy!” Derek laughed as he watched his black and blue toy chest go into the house followed by his mattress. He looked around but saw no kids around the neighborhood and sighed but then remembered all the fun he will have in his new room. He then looked up and saw a dark like cloud hover over them and then into the house. He rubbed his brown eyes and looked again but nothing was there.

“I know, this should be a good new start,” she sighed to herself as she tried to smile with much pain in her face. She then sat down on the cement step next to her son as she continued to watch the workers work.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“YUMMY! PIZZA!” Derek shouted with happiness as he ran to the black table. He jumped up on the black padded chair and watched his mom put the white pizza box on the table.

She then walked over to her tan cupboards and grabbed two paper plates out of them. She placed one in front of her son and one where she was sitting. She then walked over to the fridge and grabbed two cans of coke and brought them back over to the table.

“When do I get to start school again?” he asked as he grabbed a slice of hot steamy pepperoni pizza from the box. His mother looked up and wondered to herself about that.

“I’m not sure. I have to go get the papers Friday and then we have send them in. After that we wait for a school to reply and then you get in. You should be in school in a week or two. I’ve never seen you this anxious to go to school, what’s the sudden change?” she asked as she took another bite of pizza as some cheese slid of on to the plate.

“Well I want to meet more people. I only have one friend here and she’s not very nice,” he responded with a sad look on his small face.

“What girl? You haven’t met anyone since we got here,” she responded with a puzzled look on her face. She then remembered him talking about the person giving him the ball.

“Where did you get that?” she nervously asked. Thoughts lingered in her mind about what was going on and where her song got the toy from.

“The little girl gave it to me,” he replied as he looked back down at his new ball. He threw it on the floor making it bounce back up and then back down. His mother caught it was she looked at him and wondered.

“Is this the same girl who gave you the ball?” she asked her son who was munching on another piece of pizza.

“Yea, but she’s not as nice anymore,” he responded as he then sipped some coke. Kelly looked strangely and wondered what was going on.

“What does she look like?” she asked another questions followed by, “Why isn’t she nice anymore?”

“She looks all bloody and she carry’s around a knife but she never says why. But lately she runs from me and she screams things at me. She said I was slow and dumb,” he replied as a tear crawled from his eye and down his cheek.

“Honey, you’re not slow or dumb. It was probably your imagination playing tricks on you. Now finish up your food before it gets cold,” she responded with a sigh as she again began to rub her arms. A jet of cold air flowed through her body as goose bumps formed down her arms and neck.

She looked out the cold clear window next to her. She watched the leaves dance around the backyard as the wind blew the trees back and forth. A smile began to pop up as her a fresh start began in her new home.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What do ya all think? Not really creepy but trust me, it will grow and grow and grow every chapter. Thanks again and all replys welcome!