PDA

View Full Version : The Best and Worst Video Game Villains

Psi Yamaneko
26th January 2003, 10:26 AM
And why?

Best:

Sephiroth-Final Fantasy VII: He's scary. Also, he wasn't a terribly bad person to begin with, he just went mad after reading about his "creation" and slid under his mother's control or so it would seem. Plus, he drags his mother's decapitated corpse around with him. Freaky.

Sydney Losstarot-Vagrant Story: Charismatic and graceful, Sydney is a mysterious character. You never really know what's going on in his head.

Eve-Parasite Eve: Definately very scary. I think the idea of mitochondria revolting is frightening. I mean, they live in our cells!

Yuber-Genso Suikoden: He doesn't say much but he still scares me. He is soft-spoken but can incinerate entire villages without lifting a hand. Not to mention the fact that he has problems with pointy objects. He's also an enigma.

Kuja-Final Fantasy IX: I felt so sorry for him. I mean, he was a tool all along. And he does help everyone out in the end. Deep down, I don't think he was evil, just hysterically misguided. Besides, he has a tail.

LeChuck-Monkey Island Series: The Ghost Pirate is funny. He was spooky in the first two games now he's just funny. He continues to persue Guybrush and Guybrush continues to beat him by accident.

Worst

The Pope-Grandia II: He's ugly and stupid looking. Not to mention that as a final boss he's really easy and anti-climactic.

Quanlee-Grandia Xtreme: Better than the Pope in G2 but still horrid in terms holding the plot together.

Metal Claw
26th January 2003, 06:49 PM
Best: Onslaught (Marvel vs. Capcom)
Ultimate Rugal (Capcom vs. SNK 2)

Worst: Wario...look at him...

Deck Knight
27th January 2003, 10:49 AM
Best:

Kefka, starting from the beginning... *takes breath* he was the first in a series of Magitek experiments which drove him insane and gave him magical power. He poisoned a river, made people believe Celes was a traitor, attacked Narshe in search of Tritoch, finally, he captures all the Espers and adds thier powers to his own. He finds the floating continent and obtains the power of the 3 Goddesses, and disturbs thier order plunging the world into Chaos. In a years time he makes a HUGE tower and uses his Godlike powers to terrorize people all across the world, Light of Judgement even fragged a building miles away from his tower. Not to mention unsealing Phunbaba and Doom Gaze as well as 8 Dragons to ravage the world... Most. Evil. Ever. *coughhackwheeze*

Ganondorf He overthrew a kingdom, and made a castle into an impenetrable fortress over a lake of lava, his minions caused death and destruction to cover the world, since the Temples which hold natures balance were corrupted. His enemy is Link, Link is the kickassiest hero ever, therefore Ganondorf is the badassiest villain ever.

Bowser OK, so he may not exactly be smart, but he is persistent, and he does help Mario beat up on smithy on an occaision. He's pretty cool, that, and extra points for being a fire breathing talking turtle... thing.

Worst:

Volvagia I'm sorry, I usually like dragons, but Wak-a-Volvagia loses major coolness points.

King K Rool Mario was a better enemy than K Rool, The Crocodile has an eye tick, and is an idiot in general. Most of his minions are basically deformed mutants, it was fun to take him out in 5 Round boxing though.

Last Exile
27th January 2003, 07:31 PM
Best: Shadow - Sonic Adventure 2. Man, did he have an attitude! He hated humans full stop and wanted nothing but to destroy Earth in the name of Maria, but thn realised Maria wanted him to SAVE the Earth and sacrificed himself to save Earth. What a way to go out! ;)

Eggman - Sonic Adventure 2. His schemes are brilliant, his machines rock, so why did he never succeed in taking over the world?! Because he was too self-absorbed, as all villians should be! But you had to admire his persistance despite being continually beaten by Sonic. And blowing up Prison Island! Psycho!

Lechuck - Monkey Island. The funniest of them all. Refuses to die fully so eternally goes after Guybrush Threepwood and Elaine Marley. Despite being blown apart by root beer in MI1, losing his limbs in MI2, getting crushed by an entire mountain of ice in MI3 and being blown to bits by voodoo magic in MI4, he lives on. Makes you wonder how he'll go out in MI5! :D His plans were brilliant, but if he only had the brains to kill Guybrush straight away, even when he knew he should have in MI4, he would rule the Carribean and have Elaine at his side (unwillingly, of course!). The way he disposed of the Big Whoop 4 can never be beaten in terms of pure evilness and insanity.

Worst - Wario. *yawn* Never seen anyone easier to beat in my life.

Raichupacabra
27th January 2003, 07:56 PM
Best villain (oxymoron?):

Psycho Mantis:

WTF!?!?! How'd he know what games I've been playing?!?! How does he know where I'd be?!?! How'd he know I'd punch just then?!?! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Worst villain:

Liquid Snake:

Sorry to keep on track with MGS, but man was he a wuss from the 80's. What was more annoying than him is that he never died. I think the bad haircuts began with him and infected Snake in MGS2.

Strider Azure
28th January 2003, 02:49 AM
Best

Kefka- One of the best and the most interesting villain ever. Ruthless in his action to take over the world. He disregard human lives as well as betraying his superior. It's interesting to see his view on life before the final battle. Ambitious, ruthless, traitor, insane, that would be adjectives to describe Kefka.