PDA

View Full Version : .: Beasts of the Rings :. [Sign ups!!] (A Pokemon rpg)

CoolTrainer IcEz
28th March 2004, 07:35 AM
Beasts of the Rings

Background Info:

You live on a large continent known as Kaylx (KAY-lix). Kaylx is a rather circular continent divided into 3 different kingdoms:

The northeastern kingdom is known as Verde (VER-day). It is filled with large, lush, undulating fields and dense forests. The people of Verde value the trees alot and never chop down trees unnecessarily. And even when they do, they plant several more in its place. It is usually very sunny in Verde and there are occasional periods of rain. The houses of the villages of Verde are largely made of thick logs and straw roofs.

The northwestern kingdom is known as Laguna (la-GU-na). Numerous lakes, streams, rivers wind throughout the kingdom of Laguna. The beaches of Laguna are also the most pristine in all of Kaylx. All of Laguna's coastline is covered by long beaches with tall palm trees. The people of Laguna treasure the purity of the water in their kingdom and never pollute it - harsh punishments are dealt to those who do. It usually rains in Laguna but the storms are usually not exceptionally heavy nor do they last for very long. Houses in Laguna are mostly made from palm trees and they line the rivers or are clustered around large lakes.

The southern kingdom is known as Fuega (FUAY-ga). The terrain of Feuga is generally covered with rocks and ash. There are also a few small chasms in Feuga and they ocassionally spew out magma. The kingdom is covered with mountains and ridges. Fuega's climate is very hot and dry and there is almost no vegetation, those which thrive are usually brambles, thorny bushes, etc. The houses in Fuega are mostly made from large boulders.

The third province is called Centra (SEN-tra) is not really a kingdom as it is not ruled by anyone. It is located right in the center of Kaylx and is perfectly circular. The Plains of Centra are perfectly flat and a cool breeze usually blows across the empty plains. They are uninhabited as agreed by the rulers of the other 3 kingdoms. Right in the center of Centra is the largest mountain in the whole of Kaylx. To the people of different kingdoms it is known differently but most call the great mountain, Mt. Pinacle. It stretches far above the clouds and very few have ever seen its peak.

History:
Legend speaks of 9 sacred beasts that were bestowed upon the 3 different kingdoms, 3 for each kingdom, by the gods. The beasts helped build each of the kingdoms from scratch and they were greatly revered in their own kingdoms.

The 3 beasts bestowed upon Verde are:
Venusaur, Meganium and Sceptile

The 3 beasts bestowed upon Laguna are:
Blastoise, Feraligatr and Swampert

The 3 beasts bestowed upon Fuega are:
Charizard, Typlosion and Blaziken

However, the rulers of each kingdom realised the power of these beasts. They soon got greedy and launched attackes on the other kingdoms using their beasts. Chaos ruled Kaylx for the period of The Great War and countless lives were lost.

The sorcerors and warriors from each kingdom could no longer stand the destruction raging through their homes. They join forces to stop the beasts from creating any more destruction. The brave warriors sacrificed their lives to restrain the beasts while each of the sorcerors used all of their life forces to contain each of the beasts within a magic ring.

Each ring was unique in its own way, after locking the beasts within the ring, each took on a different design symbolic of the beast within. They were taken back to the kingdoms where the beasts came from and were passed down within the families of the warriors and sorcerors, awaiting the day when their powers would be needed again, but this time for good.

Plot:
All of the rulers for each country have suddenly dissapeared. There is great confusion within the kingdoms and no body knows what to do. There have been rumours that the ruler may have been kidnapped by the other kingdoms. You, being the son/daughter of a long line of warriors/sorcerors, have been called upon by the Council in your kingdom to go in search of the missing ruler. The 3 of your from each kingdom must work together in order to succeed. This is where you story starts...

Finally, the sign up form... You may sign up as either a good guy or bad guy. There can only be 9 good guys but there can be an unlimited number of bad guys.

Name: (Your name here)
Kingdom: (Verde/Laguna/Feuga or Evil for the bad guys)
Weapon: (What's your weapon of choice? If you're having a speacial weapon try to make it related to the element of your kingdom.)
Beast: (What pokemon will your ring contain? For bad guys this can be any dark pokemon but everyone one must have a different pokemon at the lowest level of evolution. Also give it a name and if it is a male or female)
Ring: (Describe the appearance of your ring and like above make it related to the pokemon and element. The rings are not worn around the fingers so say where you wear it i.e on a chain around your neck. Be creative.)
Skills: (Special magic skills you have. Again, make it related to your element. Have a maximum of 3 and don't make it too powerful yet. They will develop.)
Overdrive: (This is a very powerful attack that you can use when you are beaten badly once you use your overdrive attack you are generally left very weak. Like above don't make it too powerful i.e being able to destroy the world, etc.)
Personality: (What are you like?)
Appearance: (How do you look like? Include what you wear, armour, cloaks, etc.)
History: (Your brief history)
Other: (Everyone's favourite... :D)

I'm reserving Charizard for myself. Thanks.

Sakura12
29th March 2004, 07:39 AM
Hmm... Cool rpg... Can I reserve Blastoise? I'll try to get my sign-up done by today, but I'm kinda busy at the moment...

classy_cat18
29th March 2004, 07:59 AM
Ooh, fun! Can I reserve Feraligatr? I'll get my sign-up as soon as I get out of class.

CoolTrainer IcEz
29th March 2004, 08:09 AM
Sure thing! So currently, the pokemon that have been taken are Charizard, Blastoise and Feraligatr.

VirtualPlay
29th March 2004, 11:00 AM
I didn't have time to sign up earlier and currently don't have enough time to (I'm at school during lunch hour) so I'd like to reserve Blaziken.

And am I right in reading that only the Evil people get the unevolved Pokmon and that the 9 chosen get the fully evolved Pokmon to start?

Twilight Lune
29th March 2004, 08:45 PM
Can I reserve Sceptile please? I'll post later I'm busy right now sorry. Projects galore. --'''

Transient Thought
29th March 2004, 09:22 PM
Can I reserve the Venusaur?

also, would it have to be a Venusaur, no Bulbasaur?

CoolTrainer IcEz
30th March 2004, 06:08 AM
I've reserved the pokemon for all those who requested so but do try to sign up as soon as you can

Originally posted by VirtualPlay

And am I right in reading that only the Evil people get the unevolved Pokmon and that the 9 chosen get the fully evolved Pokmon to start?

Actually, the good ones start with no pokemon and only their rings, once they are able to release the pokemon, they will be at their basic stage. For the evil people, they start by already having their basic stage pokemon. Hope I cleared that up. Feel free to post anymore questions you may have.

crimson_flygon
30th March 2004, 09:30 AM
Cool rp, can I please reserve Meganium?

Green Lanturn
30th March 2004, 09:31 AM
Id like to reserve Typhlosion, finishing off the Fire-type group. Seeing as though no one has posted a sign-up, and the fact that i have to go, ill post my sign up later.

~GL

Sakura12
30th March 2004, 09:51 AM
Name: Ethuil Celonhidh
Kingdom: Laguna
Weapon: A beautifully crafted light sword with runes inscribed on the blade. This sword can split into two smaller knives for two-handed combat. It has been passed down from eldest child to eldest child for generations, and Ethuil treasures it a lot.
Beast: Canon, a female Blastoise.
Ring: Click here. (http://www.council-of-elrond.com/castdb/galadriel/galadriel2.jpg) (Yes I have no imagination) The ring is hung around Ethuils neck, suspended by a fine yet strong silver chain.
Skills:
~ Healing Springs: Ethuil goes into a trance and chants the incantation, Nen o nestad delia nin., thus healing her wound. This healing is slow initially, but gets faster as it develops.
~ Melody of the Waves: Ethuil sings or plays any music instrument to summon water in the form of a beast. This beast can take on any shape and size, for any purpose. The beasts statistics (strength, speed etc) and the time limit it has before it fades depend on the music and, again, skill development.
~ Waters Clarity: Ethuil is able to use this skill to look deep into the mind and heart of others and tell their feelings and thoughts. This skill can also be used to divine the future or look at the past, but only after she perfects the skill a little more.
Overdrive:
~ Thunderstorm of Love: Especially when her friends are in mortal peril, Ethuils love and friendship will cause a thunderstorm, with lightning to zap all foes and gentle rain to sooth allies.
Personality: Ethuil is not one who makes friends easily, being very shy around strangers; however, once she gets to know someone, she can be very open and friendly. Serious in battle, she has as soft side to her.
Appearance: Ethuil has elbow-length strawberry blond hair with contrasting green eyes. She likes to wear belly-revealing sleeveless tops and shorts or mini-skirts, or anything tight-fitting, even in battle. Ethuil has got a pretty good figure, and is not afraid to show it.
History: Not much is known about Ethuil, except that she comes from a long line of warriors, akin to the king himself. Her father was killed in an accident hunting when Ethuil was about a year old. Her mother brought her up, along with her younger siblings. However, her mothers health has been failing in recent years, and responsibility of her mother and her siblings has been heaved onto Ethuils shoulders. Although Ethuil often complains about her family, she really cares a lot for them, and worries about them constantly throughout this mission.
Other: Ethuil can play the flute beautifully. She will be bringing her flute along for the mission.

Transient Thought
30th March 2004, 06:38 PM
Name: Kyoung Hwan
Kingdom: Verde
Personality: Very reserved. Yet bound to open up as gets used to surroundings.

Appearance: Gray, almost silverish, hair color along with deep blue eyes. Armor is pretty simple and consists of silver breatplate with simple green cape, silver gauntlets, silver leg coverings, and special silver helmet. In the center of the helmet, there is a gem that gives of a small light.
Weapon: Long staff + 2 short daggers for closer combat
Ring: Not really ring but more of a band that is worn around the left arm. It is about an inch (approximately 2.5 cm) in width and is completely green. At the center there is a picture of an plant, like the one on Bulbasaur's back. As the "beast" evolves, the band will change to reflect the current evolutionary stage of the beast.
Image:
http://home.graffiti.net/transientthought:graffiti.net/KHbeast.png
Kyoung is in non-armor clothing here. If you look closely, you will also see the band.
History: Unknown

Skills:
-Overgrowth-Punches the ground causing a wall of thorny brush to grow forming a sort of temporary barrier. The strength of the wall depends on how experienced the user is and how much energy he has.
-Morning Dew-User cups his hands together for couple seconds and enters a small chant. Once finished, his palms will hold water fresh as the morning dew. A small sip of this fresh water is able to heal small wounds.
-Third skill to come with time.
Overdrive:
-Energy Reversal-Kyoung gathers a ball of energy in his hands. The amount of time spent in forming this sphere affects the strength. When Kyoung is ready, the ball will disappear appearing before all enemies around him. Each orb will gather energy from the enemy and then reappear before an ally or himself to restore some energy.

Beast: Saur, a Venusaur
Image:
http://home.graffiti.net/transientthought:graffiti.net/saur.png

Other: None

classy_cat18
30th March 2004, 08:36 PM
Name: Imani Dune
Weapon: Twin daggers, each with an etched Dragonair wrapping the handle.
Beast: Triton, a male Feraligatr
Ring: Blue with a wave pattern around it. Worn around the neck with a strong gold chain.
Skills:
~Aqua Shield Her eyes glow as she raises a column of water that blocks special attacks. Not effective against electric attacks.
~Sharpedo Fins She slices her daggers through the air and generates projectile blades of light that can cut almost anything.
~Sirens Song She sings a haunting song that can put zap opponents of their strength or put them to sleep. At first she won't be able to control who the song affects.
Overdrive: Water Cannon the water vapor in the air condenses in front of her palms and shoots out in a Hydro Pump-like attack. This attack takes a lot of time and concentration.
Personality: Shes friendly, but doesnt like overemotional moments. She loves excitement and adventure but has her limits. Always eager to fight. She can get cocky if she gets too much into it. Laid-back out of battle. Has problems with authority and loves to be a troublemaker.
Appearance: African-American with shoulder length hair tied in a aqua blue bandanna. She wears a white T-shirt and blue jeans and goes barefoot. Carries a messenger bag with her stuff, including optional footwear. Wears a necklace of Sharpedo teeth.
History: She grew up without knowing or caring about her parents. She grew up as a blacksmiths apprentice and also did various odd jobs. The nobles of Laguna taught her to fight. Some of the inhabitants have thought of her as a thief-like person because of her speed and sneakiness.
Other: *grins and whacks other with an aluminum bat* Oh sorry, meant to say that she likes to sing.

Green Lanturn
31st March 2004, 12:49 PM
Name: Liam Panteras
Kingdom: Feuga
Weapon: A metal Chakram with many fire symbols engraved on it. He uses this as his long-distance projectile. He also carries a pair of sai's(black with crimson handels) for close fighting.
Beast: A Male Typhlsion named Rush
Ring: A Silver arm band with a 2 inch band. It is pure and shiny. It has red flames coming up the sides to the top, culminating in a dark red engraving of a typhlosion on the top. It turns to the normal silver color when the monster is released. Its around his right arm.
Skills:
~Heatwave: Liam will riase his arms to the sky, causing the sun to beam down on him and his beast, healing them and restoring some energy
~Dark Formation: Using the element of fire, he can create fire animals of any size, but what his foe doesnt realize is that these are mere mirages.
~Flame Sai :Liam draws the sais and they become red hot, buring anyone he touches, but also making for a good weapon.
Overdrive: Chakram Inferno When desperate, he will grab the chakram and put as much flame energy as he can, causing the chakram to burst into flame. He will launch it, sending out massive rings of fire towards his enemies, but they cant harm his friends.
Personality: He is often really nice, though serious when he has to be. He wont backdown from a challenge, even if outnumbered, and he always comes out of a fight satisfied.
Appearance: He s about 6 foot even. He has short brown hair and reddish-brown eyes.He wears a dark red, baggy, long sleeve shirt and long black baggy pants and black boots. On top he has a dark red/crimson cloak.
History: Having grown up in a lower-nolbe family, he pretty much enjoyed his life. He learned to fight at home in feuga and has always trained to be a good fighter. His parents were always around, though never talked to him much, often ignoring him, so he spent most of his time with his teacher.
Other: growls at other, and then chases it around till i got tired.

~GL

Twilight Lune
31st March 2004, 10:01 PM
Dude is it Apri1 Fo0ls already? Hehe there are ways around it mwahahaha. ^^''' Sigh, pink. --'' Lol anyway,

Name: Kietsu Tsukinai
Weapon: Bow and Arrow is his most preferred weapon. The bow is a dark green and looks basically like this (http://www.grozerarchery.com/htm/recurve/recurve/1.gif) however the designs are very intricate. There are vines and leaves twirling their way around the bow in shifting shades of green. When he is in close combat he uses this (http://www.arscives.com/bladesign/Images/katana%20with%20saya.jpg). The handle however is the same colour as Sceptile's belly stripe with the diamonds yellow like the bumbs on its back. The scabbard is the same colours and design as the bow as is the arrows. The points on the arrows however are shaped like razor leaves. The quiver is similar to the bow but has yellow and red flowers shaped like various orchids.
Beast: Sceptile (F) Akikusa
Ring: It has a thin band with a wave like ribbon going around it to the place where 5 rounded spikes come up out from the band (not the ribbon). He has it as an ear ring in his left ear lobe. (replaces the gold one in the picture) The ribbons always appear to be moving.
Skills:
Leaf Blade~ His blade glows a green similar to his Sceptile's skin colour and his blade does more damage. The more practice the more damage it will do and spread to allies.
Razor Drain~ If he needs an enemy alive he uses his arrows on the Razor Drain. It drains their energy to a point where they can only talk. With some vines trying to prohibit them running away so that Kietsu or his Pokemon don't have to find them later. They stay like that until he removes it. The vines will grow more and drain faster as he improves it. He can only do one enemy in the beginning.
Nature's Camouflage~Blends the Kietsu and anyone else he wants into their environment. Its only a limited energy however and has to be shared. There is no time limit only the strength varies upon the level and the number of people he is hiding.
Overdrive:
Earth's Fury~His body and especially his eyes glow a forest green colour. A explosion of energy comes out from him after it has built for a time. It cause the surrounding environment to lash out at the enemies. Kietsu usually collapses as it is happening and is defenseless. So the attack is more concentrated around him and anyone who protects him.
Personality: Pretty much keeps to himself. Doesn't like making too many friends, he has to know them very well before he'll even consider really talking to them. He watches a person a lot even though it seems like he is day dreaming and 'not all there' upstairs. Its surprising how much he learns/knows. If he becomes part of a group you might not always see him but you know he's around, as he has very calming presense. He will help out his team mates anyway he can once he knows they are worth it.
Appearance:Like this (http://planeteautresor.free.fr/images/02/35.JPG) except he wears a baggy tan shirt and black cargo pants. Minus the ponytail too. The jacket is leather and is a dark brown. He ties it onto his bag when it is to hot out. His eyes are a striking blue colour and stand out a lot. He has his sword hung from a belt around his waist and the bow is put over his bag on his back.
History: Is actually descended from a long line of nobles in Feuga. Related very closely to the Rulers there, his father is brother to one of the Rulars. His mother however is descended from warriors in Verde just a little. He was treated very cruely however by his family as they expected him to have perfect royal etiquette and all the rest of that stick up the arse attitude. Well at least his family was like that. All except his grandmother on his mom's side. She loved him a lot and he made sure she had everything right up until she died. She left him the ring he now wears as an ear ring. She died when he was 13 so he packed his belongs, the few that ment anything to him and left for Verde. Hoping that maybe there was family out there. There wasn't though. So he disapeared into the forest as its quite easy to do, and his family assumes he's dead. He is a great fan of stealth and swift kills and has almost pefected it. In Verde, in the small villages he is known for having a knack for curing illinesses in both humans and Pokemon. They just send out a Pokemon to find him and he comes right away, if they are not cruel people. They call him the "Spirit". When he heard the Rulars had disapeared he worried about his father coming into power but keeps that to himself. Because of his upbringing he has the movement of a royal (hope you understand what I mean), and that gives him away sometimes. Some people from Feuga might reconize him.
Other: Why does everyone hate the Other? Poor poor Other . . . Oh he loves to play the trombone. He knows a lot of natural cures from plants. His pants can come apart to become shorts and he can detach the sleeves of his shirt. To become a tank top. He keeps some herbs in his bag along with tools to sharpen his sword and make arrows.

VirtualPlay
31st March 2004, 10:57 PM
Time to make up a completely new character o.o'

Name: Katrina (Katie) Delfuego
Kingdom: Fuega
Weapon: Like this (http://www.bol.ucla.edu/~nameless/armory/kitana.jpg) except with red instead of black on the handle. Fire-resistant, so she can light it on fire to make it even more deadly.
Beast: Torchic/Combusken/Blaziken; Fireguy, Male
Ring: a very thin red metallic band with a setting that holds a large ruby-red jewel and two smaller, darker red jewels; attached to a bracelet around her wrist.
Skills:
~Fire Resistance: A rather important skill, Katie can resist being burned or even hurt from touching fire. As her power stands now, she can only stand fire on her skin for a couple minutes before she gets hurt. Also, if she wants to protect her clothes, it takes more concentration and therefore it lasts for a shorter period of time (so she could only walk through flames for about 10 seconds to start without her clothes catching fire).
~Combustion: Katie can make things spontaneously combust (engulf in flames). Currently, she can only make small fires and she has to be relatively close to the object she wants to flame, but this'll improve.
~(To be learned)
Overdrive:
~Fire Blast: Unlike the Pokmon move, Katie summons a few (around 5, for now) large balls of fire around her and launches them at the enemy or enemies.
Personality: Very outgoing, likes mixing with other people; she almost never misses a moment to talk with someone. She's very friendly, very happy, and very nice. Of course, if you get her mad, she'll "erupt" with anger and most likely be at your neck before you realize what's happening.
Appearance:
~Body: Around 5'9", 130 lbs., thin frame but muscular; long, wavy, "flaming" red hair that goes halfway down her back and ends with a large curl upwards; her eyes are a very pale red, but not quite pink.
~Clothes: She wears a dark red, schoolgirl-style short skirt, a pink, midriff-revealing tank top, and underneath (to prevent perverts) wears a bright red bikini. Her footwear is a pair of reddish-brown sandals and pink socks.
~Image:
http://home.comcast.net/~dark_archon/dolls/katrina_beast.png Base (http://sparklingice.net/dolls/)
History: Oldest out of 8 children (5 boys, 3 girls), her parents were fairly wealthy from the start, so she's been slightly spoiled. Fortunately, having great friends growing up kept her from being a rich "snob." More later.
Other: *do do do doot do-doo!* "Whee!" *Other gets hit by a Kamikaze Watermelon*

Also, I will not be around until Saturday afternoon, so please don't start without me.

TheDarkHeracross
1st April 2004, 10:38 PM
Name: Lei Xuliv
Weapon: A golden sword with 3 blue diamonds on the handle. It has a power to freeze enemies sometimes.
Beast: Kip/Mudkip female
Ring: Its a dark blue ring with a light grey stone on it. The feel of it is very cold. He either wears it on his hat or he can take it off and put it around his neck.
Skills: Meling- the power to cause ice to melt, only small ice for now.
Freezing- the power to freeze water, only small amounts for now.
Flooding- the power to cause a flood when near water, only small ones for now.
Overdrive: A giagantic wave floods the entire area killing everything in the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lmao jk
Ice Vengence- His eyes turn white, the ground shakes and ice comes through the ground trapping the person attacking or blocks them from Genasis, however its just ice and for now he can't make it too thick.
Personality: He's cool calm and collected. He likes making friends. He has a good grasp at his temper and usually doesn't get too mad. He's very loyal and would do anything for his friends/family
Appearance: He has light grey hair slicked back, wears a black shirt, pants, and always has an ice blue hat. He sometimes wears a pair of sunglasses covering his ice blue eyes. He has a black cape too.
History: He lived in a cold city for many years of his life. With that he learned to stand the cold and thus got his powers. The rest of his history is unkown due to a freak accident he has lost most of his memory of his past. (lol)
Other: Yay other!!! *runs around in circles* yay yay yay yay yay... I wanted charizard... :( lol but its ok, I have my Kip (shes my fav in ruby :yes: )

CoolTrainer IcEz
2nd April 2004, 08:52 AM
Great! Everyone's accepted so far. We just need one more person to take Meganium. And btw, Transient Thought could you change your skill where you use your ring? Because everyone's ring has a seperate power so right now no one knows how to use it. Yup, besides that everything's fine. I'll post my own sign up as soon as I can.

Transient Thought
2nd April 2004, 09:42 PM
I changed my overdrive, which I believe you were specifying. I edited in my main post. I'll just copy it here.

Overdrive:
-Energy Reversal-Kyoung gathers a ball of energy in his hands. The amount of time spent in forming this sphere affects the strength. When Kyoung is ready, the ball will disappear appearing before all enemies around him. Each orb will gather energy from the enemy and then reappear before an ally or himself to restore some energy.

Hopefully that will be good. I just changed it so that it doesn't involve the ring. Is that fine?

crimson_flygon
3rd April 2004, 04:20 PM
Name: Illusen Glade
Weapon: Naginata-A Japanese polearm weapon simialar to a haldberd. Looks like this:http://www.bajutsu.com/historique/equi-militaire/historique-naginata.jpg Like the one the furthest to the right, the same marbleized pattern only emerald green. As well as the golden patterns around the blade being engraved with pictures of plants.
Beast: Meganium, Female, Jesmere
Ring: The ring engraved like a wreath of dark magenta flowers, at on point, a light green serpentine meganium head curles over and onto the petals, it's antennas going along the neck that seems to blend into the flower part. She wears the ring on a small rope connected to sash on her waist.
Skills:
Synthesis-Illusen makes roots come from the earth and wrap around her/allies bodies, the roots then absorb nutrients from the earth and heal any wounds/injuries that the person has, as well as giving them extra energy. The major drawback of this is that someone in the roots is completley incapable of moving and the healing process can be a little slow (healing speed increases over time)
Petal Wind-Illusen creates a wind of cherry blossoms that are blown at opponents so swiftly that they are almost like shurikens (pretty simialar to the pokemon move razor leaf). The amount that can be produced at once and the damage delt by them is not very high to start, but will increase with time.
Extreme fertilization-This is more of a counter manuever or survival skill more then anything else (though with skill it can be used in attacking). Illusen can cause any seed(s)/sprouts sudenly flourish and grow at a greatly accelerated rate. Since she carries seeds with her alot, she mainley uses it to cause a plant to grow and strike down an attacking person(s) in a surprise attack. Other then using it for battle purposes, it is good for growing plants and gardens (XD)
Overdrive:
Forest renewal-Illusen's body is completley enshrouded with green energy that flows into a large area around her. Then without warning the entire area grows into a bamboo forest in a matter of seconds, simply put, any enemy standing where the bamboo is growing is suddenly engulfed in what could only be compared with many spears suddenly jutting out from beneath them. And of course after performing it Illusen becomes extremley exausted and unable to move for some time (although the fact that she is then surrounded by a dense bamboo forest means that she is somewhat safer then she would be out in the open)
Personality: Illusen is independant, strong, and proud. She lives by the saying 'whatever doesn't kill you only makes you stronger' and so she tends to learn from her mistakes. And because of that she rarely makes the same mistake twice. She is very protective and caring for the people she knows, and doesn't trust anyone else. Her strength derives from her will to succeed, because since she can't help but having such a bitter disposition to those she doesn't trust, she tends to have a big ego. But overall she is a very spiritual and quiet person, full of emotion and thought htat she is more then willing to share with the ones she knows. She has a hard time being patient, and she can be a bit headstrong. But that doesn't stop her from going beyond her capabilities to show that she can be as strong as anyone else, and that she will pass all other's expectations.
Appearance: About 5"5, her hair is a silky dark golden-blond color that goes down to her shoulders in a river of waves. But that is when she wears her hair down which she almost NEVER does. She usually wears it tied back with a long emerald green cloth while her bangs hang over a forest green headband and in her face. On the head bacng is a small golden patch with a leaf design on it. Her eyes are a feirce gold with a dull yellow hue to them. She wears a loose light green shirt that has very free falling sleeves, it is more like a jacket then an actual shirt so she wears it crossed over and held taught under a dark green sash around her waist. The sash has a small white rope in the middle, on which her ring is held on. Around her shoulders is a dark brown saddle bag that she keeps all her belonging in. And around her shoulders are two black sashs that she holsters her Naginata in. She also wears a very 'airy' light green skirt with tight darker green shorts under it. ON her legs are very light, brown leather boots (because she prefers to be light on foot rather then well armored) THough in the armor department she has a pearly white breast plat under neath her shirt, and matching white gauntlets that cover the top of her wrists with straps underneath them.
History: Illusen grew up not knowing her parents, because she grew up at a shrine dedicated to the forest in Verde. She was told later on in her life that she was found on the doorstep one night with no trace of who had left her there. But she didn't mind, she loved growing up in the shrine. BEsides all the chores (which she actually enjoyed doing) she got to train with the Naginata, which a priest at the temple brought her to train with it after noticing how well she handled it. She also trained alot in the arts of medicine and overall survival in the forest, which she found very easy because the forest seemed more like a home to her then any building. She also enjoyed cooking aat the shrine and serving her many concoctions to it's patrions who always repayed her with scraps of cloth, beads, small treats, coins, and many other small gifts. For which she was greatly thankful. Overall she grew up in a strict but loving lifestyle, and came to hate all who threatened it. So she decided to leave the shrine to travel across verde spreading seeds (which she carries plentifully in her bag) and sharing her knowledge with all she meets. It was not long in her travels that she became well known across the land and she was greeted warmly at all the towns she arrived at, giving her wears to the villagers in exchange for housing and food, although what was always looked forward to was her cooking. And because she loved the land so much, she knew she had to continue training with the Naginata to defeat anyone who threatened it...
Other: She hates mirrors, though no one really knows why...

hope thats good

CoolTrainer IcEz
3rd April 2004, 10:09 PM
Transient Thought, yeah your overdrive is ok now. And we've got all the characters so I'll be posting the start topic soon. Finally, here's my sign up.

Name: Zephyr Bruciare
Kingdom: Feuga
Weapon: Zephyr's katana has a sturdy golden handle with a small red orb with the japanese character for fire encrusted into the pummel. The blade of the katana is slighter longer than most katanas and it has reflective shades of orange as well as a gold aura lingering around it.
Beast: A male Charizard named Vulcan.
Ring: The ring is made of solid platinum and is rather thick. A Charizard's head is carved into the ring and wedged between its jaws is an orb of ruby and on the other side of the ruby is a Charizard's claw. Zephyr wears his ring in a golden chain around his neck.
Skills:
Fire Mastery: Zephyr can create fire from nothing and manipulate it to whatever shape he chooses. He can even create an beast out of fire and command it to attack his enemies but the duration which the beast stays in form and its strength will gradually increase. Right now, Zephyr can only create a small sized beast for at most 10 minutes but he usually becomes tired after that.
Wall of Fire: Zephyr creates a tall wall of fire which can either shield him from enemies for actually encircle him and his enemy to aid him in his fight. (refer to other)
Fire Resistance: A very important skill which allows Zephyr to withstand fire on his skin. However, currently he is only able to resist fire for a few minutes before he gets burnt. As this skill increases Zephyr will eventually be able to be immune from fire.
Overdrive:
Fire's Rage: Zephyr's whole body starts to burn (think Dragonball) and his Fire Resistance skill maxes out for this period. His eyes turn glowing red and his hair stands on ends. He is able to shoot large fireballs at his enemies and anyone who comes close to him is immediately burnt. However, he cannot sustain this form for long and he becomes mentally and physically drained at the end of it. When Zephyr is just about to come out of Overdrive, the fire aura around him expands till it engulfs a large radius around him (this starts of small and increases) burning all enemies within it but not harming his allies.
Personality: Zephyr is a very hot tempered person and can do things rather rashly. He is also kind of childish for his age and like to joke alot. He is a very humerous and friendly guy.
Appearance: Zephyr is a Japanese with fair skin that seems to illuminate a bright aura around him. His eyes are light brown and his hair is short cropped and copper in color. He is tanned unlike most Japanese. He wears a shirt of mail under a loose red t-shirt and dark blue jeans.
History: He has been living in Feuga all his life. At the age of 10, his parents were killed by unknown causes leaving him to fend for his younger sister as well as himself. He has since trained very hard to become a strong warrior so he protect the ones he loves. He is still mentally scarred by the brutal murder of his parents but he tries to push it to the back of his mind and looks at the bright side of things.
Other: Zephyr enjoys being in the heat and hates the cold. He is able to fight better in strong heat and he is usually left very vulnerable in the cold.

RikiTikiTavi
5th April 2004, 11:49 AM
Name: Mustapha Krais, Lord of Shadows
Kingdom: Evil
Weapon: He uses many weapons. Sometimes he wields a pair of long swords, sometimes he wields a massive claymore. Usually he is seen wielding a scythe with a blade at both ends (this weapon also converts into a very long three segmented weapon akin to nunchuks). He only uses one of these three sets at any given time, however. He also has a slew of throwing daggers.
Beast: Tyranitar, male , it is called Fenrir and in legend it was a beast that sunk a chain of islands off the coast of Fuega
Ring: It is a massive and twisted thing. It is scorched black and takes the shape of a pair of thorny vines wrapped about each other. It is so big that Mustapha wears it as a collar.
Skills: Absolute Darkness- has the ability to extinguish all light for a radius of nearly 50 yards making everything within that range pitch black (since he can see in the dark it gives Mustapha a sizable advantage in battle)
Shadow Khan- can bring shadows to life to fight for him by lending them some of his energy (weakens him slightly for every shadow he brings to life for as long as they are animated)
Shadow Ball- fires off a powerful blast of dark energy
Overdrive: Rage of the Shadow Lord- his body radiates a dark aura and he becomes five times stronger and twice as fast for a short period
Personality: Sinister, relentless, willing to sacrifice anything to meet his goals and the goals of his master.
Appearance: 6'5", broad shoulders, lean muscular build, jet black mildly curly short hair, dark brown eyes that almost look as black as coal. He wears black pants and a black vest with a fur-lined collar. He sometimes wears a black cloak that almost makes him look like the grim reaper while the hood is up. Other times he wears a silky black cape.
History: unknown. Shortly after the disappearance of the three rulers he made an appearance in the kingdom of Fuega. For no apparent reason he challenged and defeated several guards. He demonstrated his shadow abilities to destroy them with ease and then promptly disappeared. Nothing is known of him save that he claimed to be the long dormant Lord of Shadows, Mustapha Krais; whom was an ancient sorceror or ill repute.
Other:

Gothic Anim
6th April 2004, 07:02 PM
*cries* all the good people are taken...I'll be evil if I'm accepted....

Name: Twyn Lunes
Kingdom: Evil
Weapon: an orb, actually a piece of the moon, that can shoot out blasts of magic, and it's strength increases as the day grows darker,
Beast: a female Lunatone named Luna (ooh that's original :lol:) In legend, it is believed that Lunatone are sent directly from the moon, and are messengers of darkness
Ring: Twyn's ring is the pattern of the moon's cycle, engraved in ivory. He wears it on a silver chain.
Skills: Moon's Glory: using the power of his ring, Twyn can increase the power of the moon's radiation, strengthening his Lunatone.
Twilight Burst: a painful wave of dark rays that Twyn conjures from thin air, which encircle and explode on their target
Levitation: allows Twyn to levitate for a short amount of time
Overdrive: Lunar Sanctuary: Twyn begins to turn completely white, including his clothes and his hair, and eyes. He almost doubles in size, and his body radiates intense waves of light. This hurts and also blinds anyone around him. It lasts for however long he can stand it, because doing this drains his spirit. Currently, it lasts about 1 minute.
Personality: Twyn is actually a pretty nice guy. Even though he's evil, he is that way because he was brought up that way and that's what he thinks is right. He's also very naive at times.
Appearance: he skin is pure white. His hair is pure black. He is always dressed in a sleeveless black shirt and baggy black pants with a white vest. He is very small, and thin.
History: unknown, may be revealed throughout the story
Other: ya know, I like other. Everyone always thinks of the most creative things. :sweatdrop