PDA

View Full Version : Calm Mind Suicune may have no weak, but..

Kari and Mewtwo
28th March 2004, 07:44 PM
1.) Is this thing even used anymore? (if no, what scared it off?)
2.) What nature & EVs, if any, make this thing live up to its (former) reputation? Modest i would assume?

GirlRepellant
28th March 2004, 07:55 PM
I'd assume that plain hazers and pseudohazers were enough to cut down the usage a bit...

Nace
29th March 2004, 01:54 AM
Water absorb and regice probably played a big role.

Kari and Mewtwo
30th March 2004, 07:32 PM
Regice has existed even when Suicune has popular. Matter of fact, Regice use actually declined in 386, before the release of Fr/Lg.

But enough about the things that gave it a weak, what about EVs and Nature?

Ark Chaos
30th March 2004, 10:03 PM
I think a Timid personality would work. Raises Speed and sacrifices Attack. It's defenses are already good, so you don't really need to raise them. For EVs, focus on HP and Defense because, if you're using Calm Mind, don't need to worry about Special Defense.

rinku
30th March 2004, 10:58 PM
Leaf Blade is a worry for it though. Calm Mind won't stop a super effective critical.

What can it do that Kyogre can't do better?

Kari and Mewtwo
31st March 2004, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by rinku

Makes opponent less likely to forfeit/GP due to an oober.

phaedrus
31st March 2004, 07:39 PM

Resist crosschop/brickbreak/shadowball/hyperbeam/physicalattacks better.

Sure, Kyogre's Sp.Atk > Suicune's Sp.Atk, but:

Suicune's Defense > Kyogre's Defense

Before, everyone was like, Suicune is the r0x0rZ. Sceptile, and Ludicolo, stuff like that made Suicune die down.

'nuff said.

oh i forgot to mention it learns mirror coat and roar.

have a nice day. :wave:

rinku
31st March 2004, 09:39 PM
Mirror Coat isn't much of a feature on a high SDef pokémon. I tried it on Milotic and wasn't impressed.

But fair enough, Suicune has a better Defense. I inderstand now that what we're discussing is a reverse Curselax. Bring on the Leech Seeds and OHKOs...

Sir Chris
1st April 2004, 01:36 AM
heh, if you rely on ohkos to take care of a simple creature as suicune I pity your skills as a pokemon trainer.

I personally... would use regice and heracross to take care of suicune, and even alakazam(with my set) would do the trick.

Green_Pikachu
1st April 2004, 09:35 AM
Leaf Blade is a worry for it though. Calm Mind won't stop a super effective critical.

it can gust.

Sir Chris
1st April 2004, 06:47 PM
I think GP wins this topic.