PDA

View Full Version : Team: almost home

phaedrus
29th March 2004, 11:42 AM
need 6th poke, but rate the others while you are at it too....

for:

skarmory(impish-f)@quickclaw
fly for stall, don't mention drillpeck
spikes
toxic
roar

alakazam(relaxed-f)@shellbell (still trying to obtain shell bell...where is shoal sand?)
psychic
recover
reflect
shockwave

swampert(timid-f)@lefties
surf
icebeam
earthquake
protect/endeavor

magneton(serious-X)@???? (don't have item...thinking shell bell once again, but no shoal sand)
thunderwave
thunderbolt
protect
return/hyperbeam

regirock(docile-X)@???? (thinking lefties, but i need to go thru the battle tower)
curse
explosion
ancientpower
earthquake

thanks. :wave:

Ferilian
30th March 2004, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Buu

It looks pretty good actually. My stuff's in bold.

skarmory(impish-f)@quickclaw
fly
spikes
toxic
roar

Looks fine. Pretty standard set, and always works well.

alakazam(relaxed-f)@shellbell
psychic
recover
reflect You might want to consider Light Screen over this due to your two steel types weak against Fire. But with 3 weak against fighting, maybe this should be saved for someone else.
shockwave

swampert(mild-f)@lefties/Chesto Berry
surf
icebeam
Rain Dance/Rest
Mirror Coat

Your set is fine, except for it's nature. I also gave you another alternate set just for variety. It's a special sweeper on Swampert! I know it's odd, but I've tried it in the past and it usually works well. Just Rain Dance and do a stabbing surf. If you come up against a dragon or grass (the only two water resisters) you can Ice Beam them. And Mirror Coat takes care of any grass or electric attacks. You could also do Rest over Rain dance for an almost invincble tank. Just MC then rest all the damage off.

magneton(serious-X)@????
thunderwave
thunderbolt/Thunder
protectRain Dance
Metal Sound

Go for special on this guy. Metal Sound will help his stabbed electric attack. If you do Rain Dance on Swampert, put Thunder over Bolt, but if you don't, keep it this way or go Rain Dance/Thunder over Protect/Bolt.

regirock(docile-X)@????
curse
explosion
ancientpower
earthquake

I don't know much about this guy, so I'm not gonna rate him. It seems to work fine though.

For your last slot, might I suggest a Flygon. You have no ice weakness (4x resistance in fact), so he would be quite safe here. I'll give you two sets. One is a physical sweeper, the other is an annoyer. I don't know how the annoyer set works yet, but I'm working on my own to test it with.

FLYGON@Chesto Berry
(Brave)
-Earthquake
-Dragon Claw
-Return
-Rest

~or~

FLYGON@Focus Band
(Sassy)
-Swagger
-Sand Tomb/Sand Attack
-Protect/Double Team
-Dragon Claw/filler

The annoyer works like this; first use Swagger. Swagger is best on special attacking pokeys, cuz the attack raise won't help them. Then, either use Sand Attack/Double Team combo, or Sand Tomb and Protect. Claw is there just so you can attack if you need to.

BTW, to get Shoal Sand, you need to go to the cave 6 hours apart. So if you go at noon and you can only get salt, go at 6 pm and then you can get the sand. Hope I helped!

stickachu
31st March 2004, 01:33 AM
Hmm... with a little retooling you could make this into a pretty good Rain Dance team but I don't think that's where you want to go with it so I'll drop that.

Hmm... for your last pokemon, I'd suggest a hazing weezing. You only have Skarms for the pseudohaze, and if your opponent starts with Mags the match could be over before it starts.
Weezing
Sludge Bomb
Fire Blast
Haze
Rest/ explosion/ will o' wisp / toxic / return (?)

Hmm... I like bright powder for Alakazam. It could buy you an extra recover or attack, depending on what you need. He just doesn't seem to have the survivability for shell bell... but then again, he will be doing a lot of damage. It's really up to you, just making a suggestion here.

Good team but needs some added oomph that hopefully your last pokemon can add. Good luck :)

Rabid_Cow
1st April 2004, 07:58 PM
Hey thanks for the PM, but I'll not only suggest a pseudo-hazer, I'll rate your team for you!

Skarms looks fine. His fly is what I would have suggested over Drill Peck, but I'd like to mention this to you from experience. If you fly, it does stall. But always keep in mind that your opponent could make a switch right now to a Magneton, and get you with Magnet Pull. Another thing to think about is that even though it's not used very often, Nosepass has Magnet Pull for their ability, and could be a very dangerous threat to a Skarmory.

Alakazam- I really like this moveset, but I must recommend this isntead. (it just seems to work for me, and with spikes it is VERY nice)

Alakazam@Anything
-Psychic
-Shock Wave/Recover
-Encore
-Disable

The plan is Encore em, then Disable that move they have to repeat for 3-6 turns. This is nice with spikes, and Alakazam could then recover after they get disabled every turn. This is really up to you.

Swampert-It works, just go with Endeavor or Mirror Coat over Protect, and you'll be fine.

Magneton- Here we go, someone using a Magneton that needs to watch out for em! I recommend this, but i wouldn't change your Swampert b/c of it.

Magneton@Anything
-Thunder
-Rain Dance
-Hidden Power (Water)
-Thunder Wave

This set works, and as they saying goes: Why fix something that works? I use it, and I suggest you do too. Don't use Metal Sound on almost any pokemon you use. That is a very useful information, and you'd do well to remember it. If you can hit em twice with a thunder or HP move, it should be enough to kill it. (especially with his high special attack)

Regirock- Looks fine here. Leftovers would be a natural fit if you asked me.

And last but not least.....The effective pseudo-hazer. The important thing to remember is that it doesn't matter how fast your pseudo-hazer is, Roar or Whirlwind will always go last. I personally think that a pokemon that is hard to hit, or a pokemon that has the defenses to get in there, get rid of the tank or wutever, and stay and do some damage is the best in this position. Therefore I have come to this conclusion: Slaking. I know it's used as a Physical sweeper most of the time, but I've been experimenting with this guy, and OMG he is AWESOME as a pseudo-hazer.

Slaking@Leftovers (necessary here)
-Roar
-Hyper Beam
-Earthquake
-Shadow Ball

This guy has the defense to get in there and get rid of a pumped up tank. Then, he's got a good set of 3 moves to work with. Hyper Beam is a STAB, and the fact that he's got the HUGE attack, and the ability that somewhat hinders him, it is almost the "perfect" move if there ever was one for him. E-quake and Shadow Ball are good for dealing with anything else. (his STAB should take care of almost anything anyways)

I know you probably weren't expecting something like this, but it also gives you another physical sweeper and a very good pseudo-hazer.

Hope I helped!

:wave: