PDA

View Full Version : Victorious

Doomykins
26th January 2003, 02:21 PM
Yeah, I'm trying to put this back up again. I have to blame Voty and SM for getting me inspired to start this back up again. So if you become physcialy ill from this....I'll run away and skip town. :P

Hopefully I'll actually finish it this time.

Note-Just incase I can't find a place to put this into the story, an eternal is a leader of a pokemon evelution line.

Victorious-Prolouge

Far beyond the reach of mankind and of those who live now, was a cave. No creature called this place home, but it could house many a beast. Every single pokemon who qualified (and often a few of their friends and relations) for the most coveted role a pokemon could hold were there (and often a few of their friends and relations). Though some had chosen not to participate and ask of others who had come out the winner. Some because they felt they weren’t capable of the job, or that they didn’t stand a chance to win.

Yet there were some like Korake, who watched because it was as far away from the fighting as their instincts would allow of them. High up on a stone ledge she watched two competitors fighting to have the world as their own. Long ago the Creator had set up the systems of eternals to watch over the most powerful species of Earth and the Legendaries to rule over them. But here was where the ruler of all pokemon was decided. Every Fifty years every legendary and every eternal had the chance to become leader of the world. But it was rare that an eternal like Korake could make it. Still they tried.

Every one was tense as they watched the fight going on below for it was the finals, determining who would rule. Few of the current eternals had been alive when someone other than Sir Silver Wing had the world. He had had it for so long that there was still a good amount of power completely absorbed into him as he fought.

And so now it was that he was fighting against his last opponent, Golden Crest. He was not one of the original legendaries, but rather was a Fearow who had been the last one standing after a great battle against a wild fire that lasted for days. For this great act he was given the power of a legendary. Now he controlled fire and it showed in his red and gold feathers.

Two great birds, one silver and one gold, circled around each other in a slowly descending arc. They had been battling for nearly half of an hour now, to decide the fate of the world. Almost all rooted for Sir Silver Wing, he was known as a good and kind ruler. Golden Crest had never held the power, so it was greatly unknown what he would do with it.

They made a few quick darts at each other, like knights on a chessboard. With a few quick flaps they were up in the air again, towards the ceiling where many of the plant legendaries had seated themselves to avoid most of the flames, and where the three sisters of the sky sat. One more go around, everyone held their breath in and their eyes open as if just a single blink could make them miss everything.

Ice Queen gave a shudder, despite her control over the cold, as Golden Crest floated past her and Sir Silver Wing began to hover at the other end. It was most likely one of his custom psychic moves that he now prepared for. Golden Crest used his heat to float in place just in front of the three sisters.

Before Sir Silver Wing could finish charging up his psychic attack, Golden Crest released a Fire Blast at his adversary. Fire was nothing to him, so the great silver bird simply braced himself as he still charged his attack. The fire came head onto him and rolled around him like waves around a rock. Golden Crest continued releasing fire from his crooked beak, glee in his eyes.

But everyone watching was taken by surprise when the entire room filled with light and a loud explosion boomed in all the ears of those attending. One pokemon, gave out a muffled cry of horror as the others blinked, trying to find out what had happened.

AquaBabe727
26th January 2003, 04:08 PM
Heheh, this is pretty interesting! It's cool how they have this huge, elaborate political systyem set up that nobody knows about. Erm...yeah. I'm waiting for the next chapter! I wan't to find out what happens! ^_^

Sailor Scorpio
26th January 2003, 09:37 PM
what a cool fic please put more of this up its really interesting

Doomykins
9th February 2003, 08:46 AM
AquaBabe727-Yes, the humasn are very ignorant of what happens in the pokemon's world.

Sailor Scorpio-I personaly think that it's a bit bland at this point. I'm hoping to make it more intresting later on.

Yay! Two readers from just the prolouge! I've got the first chapter her for ya. Enjoy!

Chapter One

Korake coughed as thick smoke filled the cave. All around her were chaotic shouts as the other eternals tried to work out what had happened. The smoke was so thick that she could barely see the red velvet fur on her snout. Images danced in and out of the smoke just beyond the reach of her balled fingers.

Finally some of the flying type eternals began to flap, sending the smoke rolling out of the many entrances. As things cleared up, everyone returned to their seats and quieted down. All that was left of the smoke was a thick blanket over the floor, where the source of the smoke lay.

A loud caw filled the room as the last wisps of smoke left the arena. Korake knew instantly in her heart what it meant, but didn’t want to even think about it. Gasps and more outbursts soon followed, as all were able to finally able to see the outcome of the battle between Sir Silver Wing and Golden Crest.

Sir Silver Wing lay in a heap on the floor, his silvery feathers now charred and blackened from the fire. Standing over him was the cocky figure on Golden Crest. He held his crooked beak high and looked around and the eternals and other legendaries, as if challenging them to oppose his victory.

Murmurs ran through the crowd. Ice Queen shrieked and hurried down from her perch with her sisters. Zaila’s long beak hung wide open while Madame Flame Feather turned her head away in disgust. No one had expected such a win, and somehow everyone dreaded it.

Korake’s thick tail slowly pounded on the ground behind her. Her balled fingers griped the stone till her knuckles turned pale under her velvet fur. She did not agree with these fights in the least. It was her belief that there was a better of way of deciding. Fighting was so primitive, so….

From the ceiling an orb of gold and silver light, the power of the leader of all the eternals and legendaries, slowly descended from the ceiling as if it too could not believe that Golden Crest had won. His face was the very image of smugness and inflated pride. But there was nothing anyone could do as he made contact with the orb. Another bright light filled the room, though not as intense as the ones before. Golden Crest’s feathers began to shine and his crest finally let him live up to his name.

From the floor Sir Silver Wing blinked weakly a few times. He tried to raise himself from the stone, but Ice Queen would have nothing of it and forced him to stay down and rest. Though the look on her face plainly stated that she wished he could stand and defeat Golden Crest. Even though now it was far too late.

“As my first act as leader of all the eternals and all of the legendaries,” he called out, his voice resonating off the rocks, “I command all of you to leave and tell your people who is now in charge!”

“He’s dismissing us just like that?” Korake hissed from between clenched teeth. Her fists tightened over the stone even more. The other eternals around her stepped back as it shattered, bits of rock falling to the ground. Behind her in the ground was crushed rock from where her tail beat down repetitively. It went quite well with the hole in the bleacher wall. A blue cast washed over her eyes as her lightweight clothing slowly began to billow.

“Are you alright, Korake?” asked a voice from her right. Korake looked over to see one of the four hands of the Machamp eternal resting lightly on her shoulder. Behind him eternals slowly filled out to spread the news and get away from the enraged Korake. His face showed worry and a good bit of fear.

“I’m fine,” Korake said tensely, stepping away from him to avoid his touch. She walked towards the exit, trying to hide the rage that was flooding through her veins. What kind of example was she if she lost her cool and began blasting everything in sight? If she did she would never be able to persuade her people over to the side of pacifism.

Cerulean waves rolled bellow her as she flew on in silence, her anger slowly dissipating. Clouds billowed and birds called out to each other. The wind ruffled her short fur and the tips of her pointed ears. Why she even went to see the fight was beyond her. Perhaps it was the long line of warriors in her that refused to let her fully convert. It would be many generations before her people could completely pacifists.

Korake was broken out of her thoughts with a soft voice like a summer eve’s breeze. “How did things go?” she was asked by the one before her. Her eyes were large and blue like the clearest lakes and her skin shone of silver and emeralds. Delicate wings stood out from her back, completely still. She floated miles above the sea with the same power that Korake used.

“Star Dancer! Korake called in surprise. “What are you doing here?” She floated back a few feet from the much smaller figure. Not even Sir Silver Wing’s psychic power could compete with the deeper powers bestowed upon the Star Dancer when she was first born near the birth of the world.

“I am here to find out who won, silly,” she said with a somewhat grim smile. Anger still rolled off Korake’s mind like harsh ripples in a pond “So how did it go?”

“Not well,” Korake said, her voice still dark with anger. “The winner was Golden Crest”

The Star Dancer’s once bright and cheery face instantly went dark. Her eyes lost their innocent shine to reveal all the darkness she had seen. You could almost hear the silence as her heart skipped several beats. For a while neither said anything.

“So it is time,” whispered the Star Dancer to herself. Her head tipped down, worry clearly marked on her face. The air seemed to hang heavy with her words. Below the ocean grew hushed with alarm and the clouds hurried on to spread the feel of her words to all that would heed them.

Korake’s anger dissipated enough to realize that something was wrong beyond the obvious. It was common for the Star Dancer to visit her people’s city, so she had a very good idea of what her personality was normally like. Calm, cheerful like silver bells, optimistic and wise. Her silver and emerald skin always seemed to glow with her joy and power. But now it was greatly dimmed.

Slowly the Star Dancer shook her head, letting her antennae sway about. “Hmmm, what am I worried about? Come, Eternal Korake. Lets continue back to your homeland.” Her shine was for the most partly back, yet there was still a faint and subtle dimness to her.

Silently the tall eternal nodded and resumed her flight home. Though now her temper had had time to subside and she was not alone. Star Dancer flew beside Korake slightly to her left, her shoulder slightly behind her guides. The silvery elf may have been one of the elite legendaries, but she was following another to her home so it was only proper that she follow behind slightly.

Waves rolled solemnly, fully knowing their fate when they met the shore. Either they would crash against the rocks in a show of power, or they would slowly dissipate over the sand without a fight. Korake smiled at the thought of the gentle waves. You could walk slowly amongst the last remnants of the tides and not be pulled in. They were beautiful unlike the brash waves that chose to fight the rock. They tried to use their power to force back the land. The gentle waves accepted the land as it was and accepted the movements of what walked on the sands.

Close to the sea began the jungle, an ancient metropolis of numerous plant and wild as well as sentient creatures. A constant music rang out through its many levels of branches and vines. Yet all throughout, rivers and marsh, inner bodies of water, broke up the great stretches of green. They broke up the greenery as if to give it the appearance of a great tapestry. From the high view of Korake and the Star Dancer, they could almost see the beginning of the mountains far to the west, where many pokemon made and human made cities lay hidden.

Over the vast spread of green they flew, silent. Somewhere below they caught glimpses of shadows darting through the trees. Wild packs of dark pokemon were not at all uncommon on this jungle continent. Yet weather they were a sentient or a wild pack could not be determined from so high up with so much foliage blocking the view.

“AaaaaarrrooOOoouuu!”

Many wild howls and yips sounded out below the levels of branches, flowers and vines. Korake flew slightly higher with fright. Her kind were naturally fighting types, but a Hoondoom could still over take them when their guard was down. Plus she had never been one to practice any kind of fighting, mental or physical.

“Don’t worry so, Eternal Korake,” said the Star Dancer, her voice full of laughing bells. “See in that clearing? The young dark type dogs?” Korake looked over to a clearing on her right where a tree had recently been felled. A few young Houndours and young Eevees, both with light cloth covering their hindquarters. “They are just youths following the strangers in the sky.”

Korake stifled the urge to glare at the Star Dancer. Instead she turned her angry attention to the young canines below. But from so far below and with the sun more or less behind her, they could not see her face and continued to smile.

“Korake,” interrupted the Star Dancer, “I still want to have a talk with your granddaughter. And you know that I am only allowed to be around a single legendary or eternal for only a certain length of time.” Quietly Korake nodded, remembering this crucial detail about the Star Dancer’s existence. Yet their trip would be prolonged a few moments longer.

“Korake! Oh Korake! You’ve returned from the battles! What happened? Who won? Who fought? Was Tosho there?” Both the Korake and the Star Dancer reeled in surprise as the eternal of the Clafable came zooming up to them from the west. The Clefable had long been known for having mysterious powers similar to the Star Dancer’s and their own curious characteristics. Yet one was never truly prepared for their annoying habit of coming out of nowhere.

“Eternal Cailia, please gain control of yourself,” Korake said calmly. The pressure of earlier that morning had begun to dissipate and she was returning to her normal, passive self. “I shall answer your questions in good time. Though I would rather meet with all the eternals of the jungle continent so that all can be told at once.”

The small pink creature nodded, seemingly in agreeance. Her delicate wings fluttered behind her, somehow keeping her plump self in the air. A soft wind billowed her light, draping sky blue garments and the curl of hair on her forehead.

“Yes, we wouldn’t want rumors to somehow get out,” she said, looking at the ground far below them. The Star Dancer cocked a merry brow at Korake as if to ask ‘looks who’s talking’, but the passive red eternal did not acknowledge her look.

“So we shall all be meeting tonight to learn the identity of the new Leader,” Korake said calmly. “I’m sure that Lady Dew Drop and her three have already begun to spread the word. So knowing her, we shall be meeting in at Tronro. Since you live so far away I would suggest that you hurry to gather your advisors.”

The smaller, pink eternal’s eyes widened in surprise and revelation. “You’re right! I must be on my way! Good day Eternal Korake. Good day Legendary Star Dancer. Many days to you both,” she called as she flew off, as swiftly as she came. The Star Dancer just barely stifled a comment to Korake about how today she had seemed more like a normal member of her species than she had ever seen before.

With relief Korake sighed and turned her course back to her own city. She had to decide who her council would be before the meeting at Tronro. It had been a while since she had to go to that place.

Often Eternals and Legendaries only went there when a local eternal had died and their neighbors had to be notified of who was now in charge. When more than one eternal had a situation to take care of, they would meet in one of their own cities. But occasionally a problem would arise that would demand attention, decision and teamwork.

Doomykins
1st March 2003, 11:59 PM
No replies? I'm not suprised, I never seem to finsih this. What really sucks is that now that I'm into the third chapter with all of this description, I'm getting influenced by 'Listen to the Words of the Ice Kami' even more. The simplicity is envious.

Oh well. And poor soul who comes in here just has to deal with my smothering writing.

Smothering descriptions, that's how it feels. Like a fancy old building that is beautiful, but feels so stuffy and opressing.

Victorious-Chapter Two

Korake’s people knew that it would be unwise to cut down all the trees just so they could have a city. Instead, trees were only cut down for room to make the standard people’s building and to create a city amongst the trees. Homes and business were all located either in the branches of the trees or around their bases. Often a tree would only belong to a group of related families, it wasn’t common to find more than two clans built about a single tree, yet not unheard of.

From a distance one could not even tell that there was a city built amongst the trees here. But when one came closer they could see the platforms and stairs and open patches of vegetable gardens and the even rows of orchards. Korake’s people came in and out of their homes high up in the tree, businesses on the ground where people of other races could easily access. Not all could fly like the natives of this city and the young ones took a while to learn as well.

In this time the jungle was the Star Dancer’s garden, so many things grew sturdy. Today it still grows all of her healing herbs and flowers, but back then in this city she had blessed the trees so that they would grow high above the jungle yet sloped on the sides to appear as if it were a hill. It was a living metropolis; self-healing and self-renewing. A few green thumbs of course didn’t help.

A rainbow of tails still stubby from childhood swished happily as young ones played under the watchful eyes of their elders. Some competed to see who could pull all of the weeds out of their row the quickest. Others who were too young to fly were sent running amongst the sparse underbrush like rattata and jumping through the trees like mankeys to run errands and deliver messages. These were common ways children were kept busy by their parents in the early morning.

Though often enough the young ones still found games of their own to play. Most common was playing at being fighters like the warriors that stood guard over the city to protect it from attackers. What a sight the little ones made! They would puff out their chests, breastplates almost to their chin, and try to make their big, innocent eyes look like they were hardened from years of training and worldly knowledge. Then to the delight of their friends and the small ones even younger than them and without half the experience of these battles hardened warriors, they would march around proudly with their short, stubby tails behind them. Woes be any creature that would dare oppose them!

Korake frowned at the site of the young ones playing at being warriors. True that the city needed to be protected from wild pokemon, but a tall wall would suffice in that. Then the young ones could learn more peaceful occupations. Looking over at the Star Dancer she was reminded that the jungle had to be kept in balance. Long ago it had been agreed that walling all the cities would be a severely desperate matter.

As they slowed down and descended into the jungle forest, the little ones stopped their play of warriors. Often Korake would appear at lessons and lecture them on pacifism. Some went back to work and others continued their games behind homes and business. Their kind’s nature could not be dispelled so easily. They kept it hidden but strong, waiting for the threat to no longer be watching so they could reemerge.

One little one of roughly five years had not noticed to appearance of the two influential powers. The soft, short cut velvet fur over most of his body was an almost gentle looking gray. But the fur over his belly and tail was a deep, valorous purple. Other little ones were switching their gaze between him and the new arrivals as he strutted about in front of a large, stone building. He made grand poses like the ones of his ancestors carved all over the singular stone building. Completely unaware of the presence of Korake almost directly behind him, he continued on with the telling of his future plans to those gathered on the step walls of the building.

“…and I’m going to beat Lord Rumbalor, and Lord Dash, and Lady Dew Drop-but I’ll be easy on her ‘cause she’s nice. Then I’m going to beat that ‘flea bitten turkey’,” this last part he said slowly. Partly because he wanted to remember every exact word, and partly because he had noticed the kids before him were looking at something behind him. “Golden …Crest…”

“A bit ambitious and vicious for one so young, don’t you believe so young Jorran?” Korake said as she looked down on the little one. Her red form towered over him with her hands on her hips. Her tail swished slowly behind like any annoyed relative’s would. With a single glance all the children but a black, yellow and pink one dispersed to activities elsewhere. The young tri-colored female simply ducked within the immense doorway of the building.

“Jorran, what have I told to about fighting?” asked Korake as she leaned over him. Trying not to meet her gaze, he watched his tail make shapes in the dust “Well? What have I told you about fighting?”

“And what have I told you grandmother? He is my son and I shall not have you putting and ludicrous ideas of pacifism into his young head.”

From the doorway of the stone building emerged a tall figure of roughly seven feet, give or take a few inches. Her entire body was covered in short, two-toned pink fur. Over her belly, tail and breastplate was a dark pink and the rest of her body was in a soft, bubblegum pink. Underneath it was an impressive system of muscles that rippled hypnotically as she moved. She wore lightweight clothing of clover green that draped loosely over her hips and shoulders to hide her private areas. A tan colored leather belt with a wooden loop for a clasp hung around her middle and held some things she could need at any time. Despite her coloring and clover green clothing, her stance, face and well-built body gave her away as a warrior at heart.

From over Jorran’s head her fierce blue eyes glared at Korake, her grandmother. One pair of eyes held a strange weakness that had somehow all but killed the strength that had been born to them. The other pair held youth yet wisdom in them that still have not faded, even to this day. In them was the strength that had been born in her kind since the beginning.

The Star Dancer looked from one tall creature to the other; curious of how this would turn out. Only a few times had she seen these two fight and it was quite interesting, though never physically. Normally pokemon would follow whomever was their eternal if they were not a criminal. Yet this one who challenged her leader was no criminal, merely one in her right mind. What made it even more interesting was that Korake was her grandmother.

“Darby, there is nothing wrong with trying to show your son the right way to live,” Korake said in her annoyingly calm voice.

Darby’s long pink tail swayed slowly as she crossed her arms over her lower breastplate. From behind her emerged the young tri-colored female. She caught Jorran’s eye and darted her eyes to the side. Taking the hint he slowly moved out from between Darby and Korake and followed his friend to a safer location.

“Grandmother, how many times do I have to remind you that I do not agree with you brain washing my son?” asked Darby in a calm yet dangerous tone.

“I’m not brainwashing your son I’m merely-“

“Ahem,” coughed the Star Dancer, diverting their angry attention. The two looked over at her, their argument forgotten.

“Star Dancer, I didn’t notice you there,” Darby said. “Something a little more immediate captured my attention.”

“Indeed,” was the Star Dancer’s reply, her large eyes shifting over to Korake just a moment before they returned to Darby.

“What have you come to our city for?” Darby asked, her anger dissipated with something else to keep her-and Korake’s-attention captured.

“Actually,” said the Star Dancer in a singsong voice as she floated up to Darby, “I came to see you. I have a new little recipe to cook up. Besides me, you’re one of the only sane ones who can help me.”

“By sane you mean…?” The Star Dancer had grabbed a hold of her arm and began to lead her into the city where the tree buildings were.

“I mean not a Clafairy or a Clafable.”

“Ah,” replied Darby, her clothes fluttering in the breeze created by being pulled along.