PDA

View Full Version : [RBY] I need a decent set for my Future Venasaur.

Crazy
29th March 2004, 07:36 PM
I have started playing my Blue version again and I have 1 badge and a lvl 17 Ivysaur. So any suggestions would be appreciated. :yes:

Number1ChanseyFan
29th March 2004, 08:02 PM
Okies, here is a good moveset for your future Venusaur. :)

Venusaur

Body Slam
Razor Leaf
Swords Dance
Sleep Powder

Charizard04621
30th March 2004, 03:40 PM
Yeah, that's the standard set.

I've always liked PX's original set better: Double-Edge, Mega Drain, Sleep Powder, Growth. Gives you protection against Special attacks and also returns your life back, while powering up Mega Drain. This Venusaur would last longer, although admittedly its Double-Edge wouldn't do nearly as much as a Swords Danced Body Slam would do.

gomez
10th May 2004, 10:40 AM
I'm probably posting too late, but here is my suggestion: Body Slam, Razor Leaf, Sleep Powder, Leech Seed. Seeing as how it is in-game, the opponent won't switch out after you have SP/LS'ed and you can inflict moderate damage while healing slowly. You can even switch out and heal another poke that has been damaged.

I love using this technique on the Chansey you encounter in Victory Road. She healed most of my team up before she woke up. I think I got about 20 HP per round she slept.

Green_Pikachu
10th May 2004, 11:40 AM
there are usually 2 sets for venusaur. one with razor leaf, and one without. the one without razor leaf can't have growth, since the CHs neglect the Growth.

Razor Leaf
Sleep Powder
Swords Dance
Body Slam

or

Growth
Mega Drain
Sleep Powder
Leech Seed/Physical Attack

phantomness
10th May 2004, 08:11 PM
I usually use Razor Leaf, Mega Drain, Sleep Powder, and Body Slam