PDA

View Full Version : AniMarathon is 4 weeks away for those anywhere near Ohio

Last Exile
30th March 2004, 01:51 AM
http://animarathon.cjb.net

Looks like it could be a good event. They don't have a schedule made up yet to view, but should soon.

So, anyone in the middle of the US gonna head to this event?

Razola
30th March 2004, 02:08 AM
What is everybody's fascination with Dance Dance Revolution?

And no, I will not. Cosplay + Excessive Anime (probably subbed to boot!) = Hell on Earth

EDIT: I also hear that adding "p.m." and "a.m." to your schedule is pretty smart.

EDIT2: That videgame room has an absolutely stellar line-up so far.

Roarkiller
30th March 2004, 03:01 AM
I dont see whats wrong with cosplay. Other than the fact that i can only dress up as Shishio, considering my skin colour. And there aint such thing as too much anime either.

Meh, im juz wondering if theres any anime clubs in my country, that'll be nice.

Last Exile
30th March 2004, 10:33 PM
Roarkiller, yes!

Every state in Australia has an ooficial anime club. You're from Queensland, right? If you are, your state has two! :yes:

If you can't find either of them, I'll ask the guys at our South Australia club, they'll know where to find info. Because all official anime clubs in Australia are officially acknowledged by Madman.

D'oh! Madman has that info! One second:

http://www.madman.com.au/animeclub.php?PHPSESSID=19bcc2c686a9640eab24da5443 963158

As you can see, New South Wales has 6, Victoria has 3. And yes, every state has one. So I hope this helps, mate. ;)

What?! That page had a schedule already?! Where?! Lemme see!

EDIT: They do have a schedule. Okay. My tips:

Room 2 - Scrapped Princess 1-4 (2:15-3:55)
Full Metal Alchemist 1-4 (3:55-5:35)

Room 206 - Macross Zero 1-3 (1:00-2:30)

Room 314 - Kiddy Grade 1-3 (1:50-3:00)
Azumanga Daioh 1-4 (4:10 - 5:50)

Some conflictions, but believe me. Those five are the ebst of the lot for sure. I've seen all five of them and they are very good stuff. These titles will be hot in the US for the rest of 2004, excepting Full Metal Alchemist, which I don't think is licesned, so you guys will be waiting a while, ti's supposed to go for around 50 eps.

Roarkiller
31st March 2004, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by Citrus Crush Chikorita
Roarkiller, yes!

Every state in Australia has an ooficial anime club. You're from Queensland, right? If you are, your state has two! :yes:

K1kxorz (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=16368)

Theres only 2 members here i can actually meet face to face; Azura and Dkyouth. Dkyouth ive known him for yrs (i introduced him to this board anyhow), Azura i have yet to meet.

Can you say disappointed? :(

EDIT: Gah, i hate pink.:no:

Last Exile
31st March 2004, 10:35 PM
Boy, do I feel stupid. :P D'oh!

Azura Stardust
1st April 2004, 11:22 AM
Ha ha ha ha ha.. *sour laugh*

Singapore will not get an anime convention any time soon. I want one here. Not for the cosplay or even the people. But because I really want anime screenings, greater exposure of what anime REALLY is (especially REALLY, SERIOUS GOOD ANIME, not the usual Sailor Moon and Pokemon and DBZ... I mean things like Perfect Blue and stuff.) and hopefully inviting over company reps.

I suppose we're just too friggin' small. What happens when you have a South-east asia branch of a large anime broadcasting company from Japan have its HQ here - but not AIR THE SHOW here? (P.S. anyone from Singapore who's reading this, it's not Animax's fault, my friend called StarHub and apparently it's them who haven't ASKED Animax to be on the lineup and so it's not on the lineup.)

I have no idea where CCC got the idea that Roarkiller was from Queensland, though... O___O;;; Thsee things happen to me sometimes too...

I suppose Singapore's anime scene will continue being semi-underground... unfortunately largely composed of mindless 133chers, the type that whine and whinge too much about downloading from BitTorrent and can't type in english (no, dey haf 2 typ lyk dis all d tym. 4 mi it iz quite hard 2 typ lyk dis bcoz i typ on purpos. st00pid lar. den dey gramar skill oso dun haf. understd oso canot... sad rite???~). I sound kind of elitist here but I speak with an element of truth at least.

Last Exile
2nd April 2004, 05:06 AM
Gee, and I thought Australia didn't get enough attention, especially Adelaide. At least we have a convention and a club that stetches as far as it can go without breaking the licensing laws. And this year the convention will go for 3 days, so yeah, I guess we're doing okay.

Sorry to hear that about Singapore, I thought you'd have more! I mean, doesn't Singapore have more people than Australia?! :confused: I'm gradually becoming more convinced i need to become world president.

Azura Stardust
2nd April 2004, 08:25 AM
Singapore has a greater population density than Australia. We have millions of people squashed into one, small, tiny little area. But that doesn't mean we actually talk to each other, though. Imagine how much more noisy and chaotic that would be, as if it wasn't enough already!

We CERTAINLY are MUCH smaller than you though, so people are more organized in terms of each town, and people are more willing to just get together... here there isn't that much...

Roarkiller
3rd April 2004, 08:05 AM
Originally posted by Azura Stardust
Singapore has a greater population density than Australia. We have millions of people squashed into one, small, tiny little area. But that doesn't mean we actually talk to each other, though. Imagine how much more noisy and chaotic that would be, as if it wasn't enough already!

We CERTAINLY are MUCH smaller than you though, so people are more organized in terms of each town, and people are more willing to just get together... here there isn't that much...

Um, Singapore's total population only numbers bout 6 million. About human interaction, only the bare minimum actually.

However, i WOULD be willing to start an Anime Club here if i can find enough ppl to help out. Maybe the local anime magazine can help out...

Dark-San
5th April 2004, 01:12 AM
Geez an anime club? In Singapore lolz... I nv thought of that hehe... I got a couple of friends who is also anime freaks. One of them actually buys those anime VCDs when we can get them for free through bit torrents -_-"

Hey Auzura, I'm one of those leechers. ;)

Sheila Rae
8th April 2004, 05:02 PM
I have great news (for me, at least): I GET TO GO TO THE ANIMARATHON CON!! Yes, my parents actually are letting me, and Crimson_flygon's coming with me! I live just outside of Cleveland, so the drive to BGSU is only about two and a half hours. Because of the such short notice, I probably won't be able to cosplay. It's kind of a shame, considering this would be my first con. If somehow I can, I'm planning on Presea from Magic Knight Rayearth, because we both have long blond hair and I'm about her size. If I don't, I'll see if I can wear one of our kimonos, but they're kinda like family heirooms so my mom probably won't let me. My personal kimono is in no condition to be worn to a con (too short with rips)... Then if that falls though, I might make some anime t-shirts for me and Crimson_flygon. And If I can't do that...I have this semi-kimono thing with Chinese (it's not even Japanese Kanji) on it that I could wear. Oh, my brother also has this really bad Hiei costume...but I'm not planning on wearing THAT thing.

DDR is the best. game. ever. Fear it. When you close your eyes, you'll see many arrows come before you.

If anyone else is going, lemme know, k? ;) We could see each other!

Also, I must thank CCC for bring the existence of this kon to my knowledge! *curtesy*

Razola
8th April 2004, 05:22 PM
DDR is the best. game. ever. Fear it. When you close your eyes, you'll see many arrows come before you.
No.

http://www.ctrlaltdel-online.com/images/comics/_0_20031006.jpg

Sheila Rae
8th April 2004, 06:12 PM
Sure, let a comic strip form your opinion.

Razola
8th April 2004, 06:15 PM
Sure, let a comic strip form your opinion.
Could it be...could it be that I happened upon this comic, and it's opinion coincided with the one I already had?

No, of course not. I fell in love with DDR until I ran into this highly influencing force.

EVme15
8th April 2004, 06:17 PM

You too?! That happens to me all the time! It's how I make up my step patterns for warm-ups (don't ask).

Also, something else freaky: find someone with a PSX/PS2. If they don't have DDR, slap them and keep searching until you find someone with both of the aforementioned. When you do, sit down and play it with the controller for half to an hour. In rapid succession. When you pause to stretch your thumbs, stare at the TV. It begins sinking.

Sorry, that was random.

DDR > All other games

Last Exile
9th April 2004, 06:17 AM
Well, I'm haappy for you, Sheila Rae! ;)

Do try the animes I recommended. They are the pick of the lot.

And enjoy the DDR! It sure is something to see in action.

Kevin
15th April 2004, 10:07 AM
Weird, I'm going to be up by BG on Friday. Too bad this thing is on Saturday.

Razola
15th April 2004, 02:17 PM
Well, I'm haappy for you, Sheila Rae! ;)

Do try the animes I recommended. They are the pick of the lot.

And enjoy the DDR! It sure is something to see in action.
I miss the old days when one could walk into an arcade and not be exposed to obnoxius pop music and hordes of sweaty people hopping up and down. No sir, it was just Pac-Man and Dig-Dug, dagnabbit.

And why on earth would you play the game with a controller? Defeats the purpose.

Sheila Rae
15th April 2004, 02:47 PM
I miss the old days when one could walk into an arcade and not be exposed to obnoxius pop music and hordes of sweaty people hopping up and down. No sir, it was just Pac-Man and Dig-Dug, dagnabbit.

And why on earth would you play the game with a controller? Defeats the purpose.
If you mean for the PS versions, there's a pad with the arrows that plugs in where the controller usually goes. There's also X, triangle, etc on the pad.

EVme15
15th April 2004, 07:13 PM

Actually, the purpose of any game is to be able to beat the pants off your friends. Get with the program ;)

I actually used the pad because when I was first playing my PS game I wasn't any good, but I wanted to unlock the songs. I ended up unlocking my last one by playing all three stages through on Maniac, with the controller of course.

Happy news from my trip to Anime Boston: I lost the Advanced DDR tourney in the first round! I was one of the 16 lucky people who got to move on with their lives... --;