PDA

View Full Version : Love

NajicaHiragi
30th March 2004, 02:00 AM
One of my most favorite love stories in anime is actually the one between Ash and Misty, why, because it's REALISTIC.
Ive been dying to know if Ash and Misty get married or become girlfriend and Boyfriend, and if they do when.

have a stammer
30th March 2004, 09:44 AM
ummm.. Misty has been gone for a good long time she did make a reappearance for an episode but only one. People have speculated (and some have hoped, not me) that May and Max would leave and stay in their home town of Petalburg, and Misty would return. Well, there in Petalburg now for Ash's rematch and from upcoming episode titles there is no hint that she is returning. And since the Anime and manga are separate, and most animes are first based on a manga, and tell separate stories there would be no hints there. Truthfully it's up in the air if or when she returns or we may never see her one sided pony tail again :(

And about the love between Ash and Misty, I have always thought it hilarious that the idea of these to TEN YEAR OLDS meet and fall madly madly deeply maddly in love with each other, sure there about 14 now but still they don't know what love is. Fanfiction and art has shown Ash as sweep you off your feet kinda of guy a real charmer, have any of them watched the show? But on a final note I do think Misty likes Ash but I have always thought Ash seen her more as a friend or sister. Just because one person LOVES another does not mean the person receiving MUST return it. (oh how they will tear me apart those shippers)

Zak
30th March 2004, 11:35 AM
No, they don't admit it to each other or have anything happen. When's the last time you watched?

Have a Stammer pretty much covered it, and in most cases I would close this. But this is staying open for now, cause I thought we could have a nice Shipping debate, we haven't had those in a while. But if things get out of hand, it's closing.

~Zak

BlueEyesPikachu
30th March 2004, 04:34 PM
They probably won't. Pokemon is about Pokemon battles and striving to be the best, not love.

Rei_Zero
30th March 2004, 08:03 PM
Zak, don't get your hopes up to high. After Pokeshipping completely destroyed Gymshipping moving on to other ships and finally PalletShipping, there hasn't been a ship to date that can serously really say much against Pokeshipping.

Pewter City Geodude
31st March 2004, 04:58 PM
I agree that the main thing in the anime is not love, but the story of Ash and Pikachu's adventures with their friends. But there HAVE been a significant number of solid hints that there could very well be something between Ash and Misty now or a possible relationship in the future.

Animelee
31st March 2004, 05:32 PM
Let's not forget the infamous hankerchief in episode 275, which Satoshi still happens to use in Hoenn from time to time.

The cartoon doesn't seem like it'll end for a LONG time (thank God!), so they have plenty of time to insert subtle hints here and there, from time to time. :)

There is "love" in the cartoon, but not as much as other shows, which is alright. :) I wouldn't be able to stand it if there was too much. ^^

Zak
31st March 2004, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by Animelee
Let's not forget the infamous hankerchief in episode 275, which Satoshi still happens to use in Hoenn from time to time.

Huh? I never noticed this. When does he use it?

~Zak

Animelee
31st March 2004, 07:51 PM
In episode 280 (AG 004), check the part where he wipes the chocolate off of Subame's mouth. :)

There are some other episodes where he used it to wrap sandwiches, but I can't remember. ^^

Gaborn
31st March 2004, 08:34 PM
Are you sure that was her hankerchief? Ash was using one long before Misty gave her's to him. One example I can think of is the episode where a bunch of Murkrow stole his badges.

Animelee
1st April 2004, 10:12 AM
I seem to remember he was using a plain old white one when wiping his badges, but from episode 275 onwards, it's always a pink hankerchief with yellow designs on it.

AKA Pokemon Fan
1st April 2004, 11:39 AM
Everyone seems to forget the many episodes of Pokemon that have been devoted to relationships, marriage, dating, etc. Certainly Pokemon is not a romance anime but to say that it's not at all about love is simply not true. In Hoenn alone there have already been at least two episodes (the Volbeat/(Illusmise one and the one about Norman and Caroline's anniversary) devoted to romance. And Luvdisc hasn't even had an episode yet. :yes:

Plus everyone seems to forget Misty's happy remark "Now I finally know how you feel about me Ash" in the episode where she left. Sure Ash didn't declare anything, but his actions and tone of voice told Misty all she needed for now. I doubt things will get serious until some time into the future, but it's not true that nothing exists to show that Ash shares Misty's feelings. :yes:

Pewter City Geodude
1st April 2004, 06:14 PM
And of course, the Pokeshippy hints still come. Misty has mentioned Ash in each of the Hosos she's been in so far, which at least shows that she's still thinking about him, and of course there's the famous Psyduck Incident. Do you guys know what I'm referring to? :D

Light_Togetic
2nd April 2004, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by Pewter City Geodude
And of course, the Pokeshippy hints still come. Misty has mentioned Ash in each of the Hosos she's been in so far, which at least shows that she's still thinking about him, and of course there's the famous Psyduck Incident. Do you guys know what I'm referring to? :D

Um... no. -_-;;

Anyway, I think that it's safe to say that Ash and Misty did have a 'crush' on each other. Come on, there are plenty of hints for that one. As for the future, I honestly don't know what they'll do. Perhaps after Hoenn we'll get to see Misty again? But May and Max have become such an essential part of the group (well then again so was Brock =P). Meh, we'll just have to wait and let it take us by surprise.

Pewter City Geodude
2nd April 2004, 10:39 PM
You guys know Murgatroyd right? He's a mod on BMG and SPP. He has this on his site, it's a series of screenshots from Hoso 12, and he says the translations in the captions are pretty accurate.

http://homepage.mac.com/murgatroyd314/boyfriend.jpg

Here's (http://www.serebii.net/anime/epiguide/specials/012.shtml) the synopsis for that episode.

Animelee
2nd April 2004, 11:06 PM
I just decided to make a sound clip (animedna.homestead.com/files/KasumiSecret.mp3), if ya wanna listen along.

Kasumi - Misty
Nanako - Kasey
Tsutomu (the boy)
Koduck - Psyduck

Chris 2.1
3rd April 2004, 05:00 AM
Nice clip ^^ Umm....Misty is SO Dexter from DL :-/ or....SOMEONE was Dexter. Liked Psy's voice ^^

Crystal Mew
4th April 2004, 12:26 AM
Besides the fact AOL kept skipping the sound, that is a pretty funny clip, lol.
Well, I want Misty to come back...truthfully, my interest in the tv show has really dropped since Misty left...its just not the same =/ I would be happy if she came back and told Ash everything, lol...just doubt it ._.

AKA Pokemon Fan
6th April 2004, 11:38 AM
That series of pictures is hilarious and very shippy, more so than I knew. :lol: I want them to dub the Hosos SO BAD!!! :mad2:

The Muffin Man
7th April 2004, 05:25 PM
You guys know Murgatroyd right? He's a mod on BMG and SPP. He has this on his site, it's a series of screenshots from Hoso 12, and he says the translations in the captions are pretty accurate.

http://homepage.mac.com/murgatroyd314/boyfriend.jpg

Here's (http://www.serebii.net/anime/epiguide/specials/012.shtml) the synopsis for that episode.
Uhh, isn't Murg pro-Pokeshipping? Sorry, that shoots pretty much all possibility of it being accurate.

Besides, Mistys always seemed to lean more towards Brock for anything more than a friend(i.e moral support, advice, etc.). Maybe Misty has a thing for older men?

Or maybe Psyducks just being weird and thinks it's himself.

Pewter City Geodude
7th April 2004, 06:55 PM
He may be a Pokeshipper, but he probably knows more Japanese than you do.

Animelee
7th April 2004, 11:34 PM
Uhh, isn't Murg pro-Pokeshipping? Sorry, that shoots pretty much all possibility of it being accurate.

Besides, Mistys always seemed to lean more towards Brock for anything more than a friend(i.e moral support, advice, etc.). Maybe Misty has a thing for older men?

I understand basic Japanese, and the clip I posted above matches the script Murg used. Of course, the names are not correct ( :P ), but everything else is accurate.

AKA Pokemon Fan
10th April 2004, 09:54 PM
Murg may be pro-pokeshipping but he DOES NOT make stuff up and if he makes a mistake he will admit to it. He isn't some fanatic AAML fan who clings to the slightest thing supporting Ash and Misty having an attraction for each other. He has integrity and is one of the most knowledgeable pokemon fans ever to grace the internet. Quite frankly I find your comment a bit insulting but I'll assume you aren't aware of how often Murg has proven himself to be reliable.

Actually, especially in Johto, Misty and Ash developed a very close friendship and often supported each other emotionally, while Brock mainly chased skirts and embarrased his two companions. Ash was the one who comforted Misty when she was down over being a Gyarados type in "Fortune Hunters" and the two often came up with plans together and showed various other signs of how close they had become. Not to mention how Misty openly showed in "The Heartbreak of Brock" (I think that was the title) that she has no problem at all with Brock getting a girl, so long as she wants him, while on the other hand Misty becomes vicious whenever a girl shows any interest in Ash, be it Melody, Macey, or that Nurse Joy who appeared at first to like Ash in the Remoraid episode (watch closely and you see Misty's expression become angry as Joy approaches Ash).

Pewter City Geodude
10th April 2004, 11:38 PM
Let's not forget Pokemon the Movie 2000, which was Pokeshippy both in the original and in the dub. :D

Ashi-chan
12th April 2004, 05:33 PM

Truthfully, I never understood where people got the idea of Gymshipping (That's what it is, right?). If anything, Misty probably just thinks of Brock as a friend, and maybe an annoyance sometimes because of his girl crazy antics.

Maybe. But I'd rather think he just knows who "someone else" is.

Pewter City Geodude
12th April 2004, 07:07 PM
Truthfully, I never understood where people got the idea of Gymshipping (That's what it is, right?). If anything, Misty probably just thinks of Brock as a friend, and maybe an annoyance sometimes because of his girl crazy antics.

That seems to be the most likely scenario. He was with them when doing his loverboy thing, and therefore embarrassing them.

Ashi-chan
13th April 2004, 11:45 PM
That seems to be the most likely scenario. He was with them when doing his loverboy thing, and therefore embarrassing them.

Wow! Someone actually agreed with me. I'm feeling all smart and high--well, not that kind of high--right now. ^.^;;

Back on the love topic, who here would like to see a battle between Misty and May? They both seem to take a liking to our slightly thick-headed hero.

After rewatching AG01--yes, dubbed, because I haven't the resources to see the original--you have to wonder why May was so determined just to get Ash to travel with her to Oldale Town. She even says in the beginning of the episode that her reason for becoming a Trainer is to travel, but she doesn't necessarily need a companion, although it makes it way more fun. Then towards the end, she's all like, "Aww, my bike's messed up, so it looks like I won't be riding to Oldale Town. But hey! Why don't we walk there together? I happen to know the way there, and it'll be way more fun if we both go," or something like that. Ash responds with an okay, and May responds with a seemingly triumphant "Yes!" Obviously, they've already past Oldale, so Ash and May could've parted ways, but here they are still trekking Houen together.

I don't know. It sounds quite reminiscent of the bike situation that kept Misty with Ash for five seasons, and a good number of people use this as one of their reasons for supporting SatoSumi (Sorry for making up random coupling names. I forget the name of the ships...). May's situation is a lot like Misty's, only not as persistant (I'm going to keep following you until you get me back my bike, dang it!), so SatoRuka (Another made-up ship name, heh...) seems just as plausible.

Or maybe I'm stretching things. I'm not as professional as some of you die-hard shippers, so I could be totally off. ^.^;;

Pewter City Geodude
14th April 2004, 04:10 AM
A battle between Misty and May would be quite an interesting concept. Since May was intimidated by the idea of her first Gym battle, and that was part of the reason she got into contests, I can easily see May being intimidated by battling an experienced Water-type Gym Leader. :)

Chris 2.1
14th April 2004, 08:02 AM
The way I saw it, since May got so scared after encountering Duskull, and Team rocket and seeing those Poochyena, she felt an advanced Trainer like Ash could keep her from danger, so that way she could reach Oldale in one piece....

...Although your theories make sense, I for one think the producers don't need to couple everyone with everyone ^^ but hey, I'm not a shipper ^^;;

have a stammer
14th April 2004, 10:50 AM
What makes Ash x Misty shipping right? People will say I have proof! Look at this clip! Look at this line! Look at Misty's face expression! So does that make people who believe the Ash x Gary are wrong? They too will show clips, and point out lines and say "this proves it! they love each other!" Who is to say who is right and wrong? (note: I don't support any shipping) Also the idea that May loves Ash and that is the reason May joined Ash has been argued. Then Why did Max join? Maybe.. because he loves Misty, he saw her in the background when Ash was at the silver conference and was hoping she would rejoin Ash (MistyXMax) Of course all of these are jokes but maybe I can show "proof" in clips and lines. Who is to say they are right and I am wrong? Who is to say I am wrong and they are right? "Proof" can be exchanged on both sides and probably never be resolved, but both parties will walk away KNOWING they are right. Maybe Ash and Misty should marry... right NOW when they are 14 or maybe they should have married when they met when they were 10, so they could get a divorce when they are 11 sitting differences and Ash would have to give Misty half his money and half his pokemon. Of course I have rambled on, and taken a simple side fun way to enjoy "Pokemon" the show 2 seriously. But some shippers also are as serious, and I thought there wasn't enough Anti-shipping... In a shipping thread. ;)

In a final note of idiocy by me shipping is something fun that often gets taken out of hand and sometimes it seems that it is overshadows the show. Of course what a person takes from the show is there own business, but I wanted to just get my feelings out in the open on shipping as every one else in this thread has.

Pewter City Geodude
21st April 2004, 02:32 PM
PalletShipping isn't nearly as popular now as it once was, especially after Gary left the main series. Not that the ship ever had any real evidence anyway... :p

But Pokeshipping is the most popular because it's the one with the most evidence.

AKA Pokemon Fan
23rd April 2004, 06:40 PM
What makes Ash x Misty shipping right? People will say I have proof! Look at this clip! Look at this line! Look at Misty's face expression! So does that make people who believe the Ash x Gary are wrong? They too will show clips, and point out lines and say "this proves it! they love each other!" Who is to say who is right and wrong? (note: I don't support any shipping)
What makes Ash x Misty shipping more valid than others is the sheer degree and volume of evidence. While some ships may have three or four pieces of evidence, Misty x Ash shippers have dozens. There is also the fact that whole episodes have been devoted to the possibility of the shipping.

In a final note of idiocy by me shipping is something fun that often gets taken out of hand and sometimes it seems that it is overshadows the show. Of course what a person takes from the show is there own business, but I wanted to just get my feelings out in the open on shipping as every one else in this thread has.
People who take it so seriously that they attack anyone who says anything different are a problem, but the main conflict comes when some shippers describe their shipping not in a fun or jovial way but as being "true" or having just as much evidence, or more, than other shippings when they obviously don't (i.e palletshipping, Meowth x James shipping etc.)

Blackjack Gabbiani
5th May 2004, 12:01 AM
Why do people say Palletshipping didn't have any evidence? Did no one see the way Gary reacted to Ash in his last few episodes? And I'm not even that big of a supporter of it! (remember, you can see evidence to ships you aren't a rabid fan of)

Pewter City Geodude
7th May 2004, 12:05 AM
I don't recall that being used as evidence, BJG, nor do I think it was.

nyasu-chan109
21st December 2004, 10:31 AM
Why do people say Palletshipping didn't have any evidence? Did no one see the way Gary reacted to Ash in his last few episodes? And I'm not even that big of a supporter of it! (remember, you can see evidence to ships you aren't a rabid fan of)Maybe....well, that's how I detected AAML hints....¬¬

HavoX
21st December 2004, 11:37 AM
Maybe....well, that's how I detected AAML hints....¬¬

NO THREAD-BUMPING.

that one is like, SEVEN MONTHS OLD.

nyasu-chan109
21st December 2004, 11:41 AM
Hi there. I'm kinda knew here and I have found this forum. I'm a massive AAML fan but you see, I'm scottish. We aren't so well off as others in america or japan who are blessed with anime and new eps of pokemon. We are very limited in eps of pokemon, let alone anime. We only get two older eps (orange islands) repeats every week day and only one new ep every sunday. And I have heard all over the internet about Hosos or something and i just have no clue whatsoever about what this is...
Love from the red headed girl who cries if she doesn't have her ashi-teddy bear, Nyasu.
p.s. We're so limited we don't even have the 5th movie yet and pokemon 4ever was a very late release that they had to sell it on dvd and video because it was too late for the cinema's...and we have no manga's whatsoever....and yet, I'm a big pokemon fan...I want more pokemon!!! T.T

nyasu-chan109
21st December 2004, 11:43 AM
NO THREAD-BUMPING.

that one is like, SEVEN MONTHS OLD.Hey whoa! I do not bump! :swear:

Zak
21st December 2004, 01:55 PM
Uh, you ARE bumping a topic. Look at the date of this topic, and think about what page you found it on. Plus, your post seemed to be nothing more than an introduction of yourself, not really asking anything. However, if you're new here and want to introduce yourself, you may post a topic in the Miscellaneous forum.

~Zak