PDA

View Full Version : A Shedinja Crisis

Misty's Tears
30th March 2004, 08:09 PM
I need some help in how to make and effectivley use Shedinja. I'm going for the sort of basic Toxic/ Confuse Ray, Run, and Wait stratgey but I'd like something a little more creative. Is there any way to train like an Alakazam or something and use Role Play/Skill Swap to steal Shedinja's ability for say, a 2 on 2 battle? Or do those moves not affect him? I'm also considering using Protect, just to see if the opponent has something that can hit him, then maybe my other PKMN can take it out before he can get Shedinja. What do you think about Attract on him? Good? Bad? I have no idea.

And just a random question, if you put a Salac Berry or something on him, because he has 1 HP, will it kick in as soon as you send him out or will it just have no effect?

The moveset below is what I'm thinking of, but I need suggestions.

Shedinja w/ Lum Berry (252 Att, 252 Spd, 6 whereever)
Nature: Adamant

Toxic/Protect
Confuse Ray/Protect
Shadow Ball
Silver Wind

*(And as a side note, it would be funny if someone taught a Shedinja sandstorm, lol.)

rinku
31st March 2004, 12:06 AM
Firstly, Shedinja's Wonder Guard cannot be Skill Swapped or Role Played. I have heard (but not confirmed) that it can be Traced.

Attract should have no effect with Shedinja, even if it has retained it from its earlier evolution. Shedinja has no gender. I haven't confirmed this idea though.

The Silver Wind/Shadow Ball set is standard and good. Protect or Endure combined with Toxic is good. It's probably the most sensible set for general use - Protect, switch if they use something supereffective, Toxic if they don't, alternate Protect with an attack.

Screech works well with both Physical attacks and Confusion. If you want it in a more direct attack role, try Shadow Ball, Silver Wind, Screech, Confuse Ray.

Fury Cutter can sometimes work, since if the opponent can't hurt him at all, he will have the luxury of time to build up to a massive Fury Cutter total. Mind Reader can help here. But I'd not rely on this unless you can somehow prevent switching - usually you will do much better with Silver Wind, despite its low PP.

Dunno about the berry trigger. I'd think it would not work, because those things are triggered by percentage, and 1HP for Shedinja is 100%. Focus Band keeps him at 100% though :)

Loupeitak
31st March 2004, 12:25 AM
Actually i really like a set ive made. NOTE: It has not been tested yet!!!!

Shedinja @ anything

Toxic
Endure
Protect
Something else

Toxic then keep enduring and protecting. Toxic will do its job.

Poryhedron
31st March 2004, 12:52 AM
Are you under the impression that Endure and Protect can be used to infinity if you alternate? I'm afraid you're wrong. Protect, Detect and Endure all share the same consecutive-use counter, so it doesn't matter which one you're using on any given turn. If you successfully use one of those moves on turn X, and then try to use one of those moves on turn X+1, your chance of success will be half what it was on turn X.

rinku
31st March 2004, 12:53 AM
...except vs Steel, Poison and Zangoose. And Natural Cure. And Heal Bell/Aromatherapy. And Shed Skin. And Rest. And Refresh.

What to choose for your one attack slot, hmm? :)

Loupeitak
31st March 2004, 12:54 AM
i had said that i didnt test it yet

Master Tony
12th April 2004, 09:02 PM
This is my Shedinja's set:

Shamshel
@ Lum Berry (for Poison and Confusion)
Brave (+ Attack - Speed)
255 Attack, 255 Speed
-Protect
-Confuse Ray
-Shadow Ball
-Hyper Beam

Protect to feel the opponent out and see if it can hit me, and Hyper Beam because if it can't be attacked, the recharge turn doesn't matter.

Probably not the best, but it works for me (it IS on my team, after all) And it's a good Anti-Kyogre

phaedrus
12th April 2004, 09:28 PM
Probably not the best, but it works for me (it IS on my team, after all) And it's a good Anti-Kyogre

kyogres pack ice beam, buddy.

Ferilian
12th April 2004, 09:33 PM
Neither bug nor ghost is weak against ice, electric, or water. It was simply that many bugs are part flying or grass, which does make them weak to ice. The latest Shedinja counter on Kyogre is Toxic :what:. I don't like to see that, but it does work (unless they Sheddy has a lum berry).

EngiMatikul
12th April 2004, 09:40 PM
Eerm... I was planning for a Shedinja with this:

Shedinja @ Lum Berry, Naughty (+Att - Sp. Def, Adamant was too darn hard and who cares about defense on a Shedinja anyway), 255 at, 255 spd (in game)
Shadow Ball
Silver Wind
Return
Sword Dance (from waiting to level up Nincada)

>.> <.< So... an attack Shedinja? *shrug* it might not last long enough, but o well. :P

O yea, you can't teach Nincada Attract. Been there done that.

Spinarak-Man
13th April 2004, 05:09 PM
Protect, Silver Wind, Shadow Ball, Swords Dance @Lum Berry &Jolly

Shedinja can't exactly stall anything since you know your opponent will just switch to something that can touch it. Best bet is attacking and hoping that you can pull off a Swords Dance at one point and live to attack next turn. Protect is a must for scouting any SE attacks or status affects like Will-O and Toxic. Lum Berry is there in case it can't be avoided, etc.. for an extra turn. The personality should be a speed booster since you want to get attacks off before it dies.

Really, Shedinja is a late game pokemon only to be pulled once Spikes are sure to be gone and it might actually be able to take on some pokemon that can't touch it. That would be the most ideal situation.

andyizcool
13th April 2004, 05:20 PM
Just remember you need a Rapid Spinner when using Shedinja. Spikes are always being used in battles now and if you have no Rapid Spinner your Shedinja will lose straight away. Also having a Pokemon with Sunny Day/Rain Dance could help because if Sandstorm/Hail start you could also be at an end. Just be very careful when using your Shedinja and if you are then it can be a really great Pokemon in battle and unstoppable.

red5bv06
17th April 2004, 11:47 PM
Quick question:
Do EVs gained as a Nincada pass on to the Shedinja? I assume so, but since its technically a different Pokémon, I'm not sure.

EngiMatikul
17th April 2004, 11:51 PM
Quick question:
Do EVs gained as a Nincada pass on to the Shedinja? I assume so, but since its technically a different Pokémon, I'm not sure.

Yes. which would mean you'd be stupid if you gave Nincada HP points, if you want a good Shedinja. :P

Charizard04621
18th April 2004, 12:20 AM
How do you get Swords Dance on Shedinja? :\ Ninjask is the one that learns it and Nincada doesn't, so the breeding moves onto lower level pokémon with both parents knowing the move trick won't work.

[EDIT]: Nvm, I got it explained to me.

Rabid_Cow
18th April 2004, 09:10 AM
I've tested the theory if you can Skill Swap the Wonder Guard ability or Role Play it. Both work. In my Double or Nothin' team I use a Banette. He's mainly a Skill Swapper, and he's done his job VERY well. I've hit 4 Shedinjas on Mount Battle in Battle Mode, and every time I've stolen Wonder Guard, and given it to my Slaking. Nice. It does work, and I'd suggest you do it, but at the same time if it's on YOUR team, you're putting yourself down a pokemon to the opponent.

rinku
18th April 2004, 08:20 PM
Yes. which would mean you'd be stupid if you gave Nincada HP points, if you want a good Shedinja. :P

Best practice is to train up all the effort values you want them to have in common (usually Attack, maybe Speed), then complete their training after the evolution.