PDA

View Full Version : What levels should I train my Pokémon before going to the top of Realgam Tower?

Ultimate Pikachu
30th March 2004, 10:25 PM
I have an Espeon in the low 60's, a level 56 Heracross, and Typhlosion, Suicune, Raikou, and Umbreon each level 55. Is this O.K. to beat Realgam Tower? Should I give them all Protect for Slaking? Are they powerful enough, or should I train Espeon to level 63 and everything else to 61 (I want Raikou to get Crunch first)?

Number1ChanseyFan
30th March 2004, 10:39 PM
As long as you match up your Pokémon well, you should be ok. You will not have any breaks in between fighting the first four trainers. After the first 4 fights, your Pokémon will all be restored to full strength before you fight Nascour. After you defeat Nascour, your Pokémon will be fully restored again, before the fight with Evice. Just make sure that you bring along some Full Heals, Full Restores, and Revives just to be safe. Also, make sure that you have a lot of Ultra Balls and Timer Balls, as all 6 trainers that you face on top of Realgam Tower have a Shadow Pokémon, and once you face the first trainer, you can't take a break, you have to keep fighting. Hopefully, you will have the Master Ball to use on Evice's Tyranitar.

VaporeAct
5th April 2004, 04:48 PM
If you lose to one of those 6 trainers, you restart, but do you keep their shadow pokemon if you snagged it?

Number1ChanseyFan
5th April 2004, 11:26 PM
If you lose to one of those 6 trainers, you restart, but do you keep their shadow pokemon if you snagged it?

I don't think that you get to keep the Shadow Pokémon that you snag if you lose to one of the trainers. However, just in case this ever comes up, if you are battling the trainers, and you accidentally defeat one of the Shadow Pokémon, you will be able to return to the top of Realgam Tower to fight all 6 trainers again, and get another chance to catch that Shadow Pokémon.

EDIT: Well, Misdreavus cleared up the keeping the shadow Pokémon thing!! :)

Misdreavus
5th April 2004, 11:43 PM
I lost to the 4th person up there and I kept all the Pokémon I snagged from the 4. Anyway, I fought Nascour and Evice with a level 46 Espeon, level 44 Ampharos, level 36 Umbreon, level 47 Entei, level 46 Suicune, and level 47 Quagsire (not sure if these were the exact levels but it doesn't really matter). It was hard, but I managed to beat Nascour on my first try and Evice on the 4th try. With your level 50-60s, you should be fine.

Dark_Alakazam
10th April 2004, 10:07 AM
I had my pokemon at lev 56-60 at realgam. I also didn't use any potions the time I finished the final boss off. Of course, I kept snagging the pokemon first and dying (it does keep them even if you loose). Then I had a snag-free run to Evice which was much easier. Catching Tyranitar with Timer balls makes things *much* easier.

VaporeAct
19th April 2004, 10:26 AM
Just another quick question: Okay. You snag all of the opponents Shadow Pokemon except one, and you continue on and beat all of the rest. Then you save your game. Will you get another chance at these Pokemon in the SNAGEM Hideout? (or any other place?)

Dark_Alakazam
19th April 2004, 11:38 AM
You mean on the tower? SImply go back in there later. The trainers all are there to rebattle, including nascour and the mayor.

Thy
19th April 2004, 03:25 PM
I just want clairification on this. I'm at the Tower. I want to make the tower easier by focusing on one Pokemon to catch and fainting the other Shadow Pkmn. I can go back and do the tower as many times as I want?

Number1ChanseyFan
19th April 2004, 03:34 PM
I just want clairification on this. I'm at the Tower. I want to make the tower easier by focusing on one Pokemon to catch and fainting the other Shadow Pkmn. I can go back and do the tower as many times as I want?

Well, you will always have another chance to snag a Shadow Pokémon if you missed out on snagging it before. The only exception is the last shadow Pokémon, which is a Togetic.

And yes, when you go to fight the trainers/Nascour/Evice at the top of Realgam Tower, you can catch their Shadow Pokémon however you want, you can try to get them all at once, or you can just try to get one at a time. Whichever Shadow Pokémon you don't snag will still be available for you to snag the next time you fight the trainers/Nascour/Evice at the top of Realgam Tower.

VaporeAct
20th April 2004, 08:26 AM
My first time around, I snagged the Miltank, the Houndoom, the Tropius, and the Tyranitar. The strange thing was, I have the guide and it tells me to use the Master Ball on Tyranitar. I didn't heve the Master Ball with me so I threw an Ultra Ball at it. On my first Ultra Ball, I SNAGGED IT! I was like uhhh ^_^; right.

The second time at the stadium, I snagged the Absol but I COULD NOT SNAG THAT METAGROSS! it kept Shadow Rushing itself to death. So I decided on something to do.

On the third try, I just threw the Master Ball at it. Should I not have done this? Even though the guide said to use it on the Tyranitar?

Number1ChanseyFan
20th April 2004, 09:33 AM
My first time around, I snagged the Miltank, the Houndoom, the Tropius, and the Tyranitar. The strange thing was, I have the guide and it tells me to use the Master Ball on Tyranitar. I didn't heve the Master Ball with me so I threw an Ultra Ball at it. On my first Ultra Ball, I SNAGGED IT! I was like uhhh ^_^; right.

The second time at the stadium, I snagged the Absol but I COULD NOT SNAG THAT METAGROSS! it kept Shadow Rushing itself to death. So I decided on something to do.

On the third try, I just threw the Master Ball at it. Should I not have done this? Even though the guide said to use it on the Tyranitar?

Wow, congrats on snagging the Tyranitar on the first try!! I didn't use the Master Ball on Tyranitar either, but it took me forever to snag it, I used Ultra Balls and then after awhile I started using Timer Balls. Actually, the Pokémon that I had the hardest time snagging was Absol. O_o As for using the Master Ball on Metagross, that is fine, you can use it on any Pokémon that you want. Metagross is pretty hard to snag. Personally, I didn't use my Master Ball at all in Colosseum, I am going to trade it back to my Sapphire game just in case I come across a shiny Pokémon that can get away, such as by using Roar. But anyways, nothing bad is going to happen on your game because you used a Master Ball on Metagross instead of Tyranitar. :)

DarkestLight
28th April 2004, 11:00 AM
>> Not really part of this topic, but I did not want to make a whole new one for this sole thing.

I just got T-tar finally, after beign fustrated out of my mind because the game did not give me a female for about 26 restarts. Was there{or is there} a certain ratio to catchng a female, because I really wanted to breed one w/Counter.

Also-ironically enough on the last try, I just reached T-tar and threw a Pokeball at it...and the #$W^%#@$%#$%$ stayed in. First try. I was highly upset-mainly because it was a male and the game had to spite me so u_u...

Don't Run With Scizors
28th April 2004, 11:38 AM
Tyranitar... with Counter? That isn't bred on, that's taught by one of the special move tutors in FRLG.

DarkestLight
28th April 2004, 05:04 PM
Yeah. Its taught on. That's what I meant to say. But I wanted to be able to breed the female with a Male that was also taught Counter {I'm getting both games} and hopefully the kid could learn Counter, right? Or would it not carry over? I'm trying to see why the breeding rules would not allow it...buit it should...in theory..

Because, if I did it backwards, then it wouldn't matter, I'd just need a good EV'd beast, and I would be set.

Don't Run With Scizors
28th April 2004, 05:27 PM
Well, it doesn't work because apparently none of the move tutor moves can be bred down unless they're also some sort of egg move to the baby Pokémon.

DarkestLight
29th April 2004, 10:53 AM
I thought T-tar had Counter as an Unobtainable Egg move at the time. Now I see where I messed it up at. Hrm. Well lemme just grab that little Ol Time Flute and see what nature this guy is..

My fault for the confusion.

andyizcool
20th May 2004, 12:34 PM
Sorry if I'm bringing this Topic up but I would rather reply here than create a new Thread on something that's already here. I've just got to the top of Realgam Tower with my Level 62 Espeon and my Team of Level 40s Shadow Pokemon. Should I train my Team up more because they're weak or could I do it without training? I need all 6 Pokemon off the 4 Trainers and the 2 Bosses. Any tips? Thanks for all your help.

DarkestLight
20th May 2004, 12:54 PM
Level 40 Shadow Pokemon....hrm

Did you have any trouble with the Team Snagem Leader? If so, I'd say go and train a bit more.

What Shadow Pokemon are you using btw? Because the first 4 battles could be won, but I'm not sure about the last two. Just depends on the matchup.

andyizcool
20th May 2004, 01:17 PM
Level 40 Shadow Pokemon....hrm

Did you have any trouble with the Team Snagem Leader? If so, I'd say go and train a bit more.

What Shadow Pokemon are you using btw? Because the first 4 battles could be won, but I'm not sure about the last two. Just depends on the matchup.
I'm using Random Shadow Pokemon that need purifying. Would you recommend any (Shadow) Pokemon I should use in these last 6 Battles and what Level they would need to be? Thanks for all the help.

Number1ChanseyFan
20th May 2004, 02:17 PM
Well, if you were able to beat Gonzap fairly easily, then you should be alright. You should probably be able to beat the last 6 trainers right now, but I would recommend buying some Full Restores and Full Heals first. You will have to beat all of the trainers without a break in between, and your team will not be healed until you defeat the first 4 trainers. If you want to be on the safe side, you could take your team through Pyrite Colosseum or the Under Colosseum a couple of times for leveling up. As for the Shadow Poémon that you want to use for your final team, I am not sure which Pokémon you have already purified, but you may want to use stronger ones, like Heracross, Granbull, or Entei/Raikou/Suicune. Forretress could also be used for some Defense. If you want to try and snag the Shadow Pokémon on your first attempt on Realgam Tower, it would be helpful to bring along something that can inflict sleep or paralysis, and you will want to bring a Pokémon that doesn't have a great attack stat so that you can weaken the Shadow Pokémon without fainting them accidentally.

andyizcool
20th May 2004, 02:34 PM
Thanks for all the help. Is the losing tactic a good idea? If I lose to one of them I keep my Shadow Pokemon that I've snagged. I can spend all my money on Ultra Balls, Hyper Potions, and Revives. Should I get any Timer Balls?

Number1ChanseyFan
20th May 2004, 08:07 PM
Yeah, some people use the "losing tactic" on Realgam Tower, since you get to keep the Shadow Pokémon that you snag, even if you are defeated. Like you said, just make sure that you spend all of your money on items, since you will lose half of your money every time you are defeated. I personally found Timer Balls to be very useful, so I would recommend some.

andyizcool
21st May 2004, 12:09 PM
Thanks for all your help everyone. I done the last part of Realgam Tower last night and snagged all 6 Shadow Pokemon off the Trainers. I used Ultra Balls except Tyranitar which was a Female I'd been hoping for so I used the Master Ball on it before anything happened. Now I know where I'm going to get the last 6 Shadow Pokemon then I just need to purify them.