PDA

View Full Version : AnimeNFO's new top 100

Last Exile
31st March 2004, 08:42 AM
Before anyone blows their top, 2 things:

1. Yes, I did get a FULL list this time.
2. There have been some major moves.

http://www.animenfo.com/statistic/top100.php?l=anime

A few interesting things. Full Metal Panic? (Fumoffu) goes up to #2, which ain't surprising. Interesting to see Full Moon wo Saga****e at #1! Is it really that good? I've read about it but never seen any. The plot sounds veyr interesting, so I do wanna check it out. And Hikaro no Go?! I've enver heard of it, must be okay to be at #4?!

Shingetsutan Tsukihime up to #12?! Geez, maybe there ar emore people that like that series than I thought. ;) Last Exile up into the top 10 again. Full Metal Alchemist finally reaches the top 10 as it should. Naruto, GTO and Azumanga Daioh take big falls (#34 for AD?! Crazy!), Hellsing takes a very big fall, Chrno Crusade is now in solidly, Nadesico and Kyo nearly fall out.

I know understand how they do their list. It's a balance of the average review score and the number of reviews. I guess it's a fair way to do it, but somehow, some series that have less reviewers but like it can score high. A bit skewed really. I mean, the one at #1 had the elast reviewers, so that's kinda unfair, just because they gave the most glowing reviews.

Anyways, you thoughts?

Razola
31st March 2004, 05:53 PM
Last Exile and Kenshin are good (well, LE is, anyway) but not top 10 material.

Roarkiller
31st March 2004, 09:29 PM
FMwS anime is quite good, but to be at the top is pushing it a little. Top 10 is all i can give for this title.

I juz hope to get the manga faster, its still running in Ribon.

KgNE at #3, lol. Talk about popularity. Incidentally, im looking for the 4 OSTs and the game OST. I missed the BT for these, anyone care send them over?

classy_cat18
31st March 2004, 09:41 PM
I've only seen a couple of episodes of Full Metal Alchemist, and that was on Monday. But I agree with the high position. That anime rocks, pure and simple.

By the way, does Full Metal Panic have anything to do with Full Metal Alchemist?

Last Exile
31st March 2004, 10:38 PM
Nah. Full Metal Panic and Full Metal Alchemist are completely unrelated.

GONZO did Full Metal Panic.
Kyoto Animation did Full Metal Panic? (Fumoffu)
Studio BONES are doing Full Metal Alchemist.

FulL Metal Alchemist started last year, has reached about 30 eps now and has another 20-odd to go. It's very popular in Japan at the moment, outdoing One Piece and rating about as well as Naruto.

Well, this list is compiled of many peoples' opinions, so it is somewhat a decent gauge. But I'd liek to see how different countries would rank the animes.

dratinihaunter13
1st April 2004, 02:41 PM
It's good to see Bebop still up there, high on the list at #3.
It hurts to see Hellsing take such a big fall. That's a loaded series that I hope people aren't getting tired of already =( >_<.

The Prophet
1st April 2004, 07:54 PM
Nice to see Fullmetal Alchemist in the top twenty. 'Tis my current favorite anime, you know. Trigun's in the top ten, which leads me to wonder if they might reconsider this leaving us with a crappy ending business.

SPOILERS

Of course, considering that Wolfwood and the Gung-Ho-Guns aren't going to be in it, it will suck.

END SPOILER

EVme15
4th April 2004, 08:36 PM
Nice to see that my fave 3 (NGE, Witch Hunter Robin, and X) are in the top 50.

And Hikaro no Go?! I've enver heard of it, must be okay to be at #4?!

It's a series about a boy who plays Go and has a ghost in his head. Don't ask.
Made popular by Shonen Jump.

Dark-San
5th April 2004, 01:21 AM
It has a cool plot! High Explosive actions and lots of dramas. It has already proven itself to a highly rated anime~

Anyway currently Full Metal Alchemist has 50 episodes. And only up to 26 episodes has been released in bit torrent so far. I might recommend you doods to download it from Anime-keep if ya guys wanna see it ;p

The only surprising anime that fail to make it to Top 20 is Gundam Seeds. Man give this anime a break doods~ It now in position 28! Lets hope it gathers enough votes to make it to top 20!

Last Exile
5th April 2004, 02:02 AM
WTF?! But 5 days ago Gundam Seeds was #10!

This list changes like crazy! Hell, Azumangah Daioh aost 25 positions in one day and Full Metal Panic lost 38!

Then again, I've enver seen any Gundam, so I have no feeling about it though. And I can't say I feel any need to ever see any Gundam.

Kevin
5th April 2004, 09:33 PM
Full Moon o Sagashite is number 1, eh? Never seen it. Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien was pretty interesting. I doubt you'll see that one on Cartoon Network :P

I'm currently watching Naruto (duh), Fullmetal Alchemist, and One Piece. Also with the occasional episode of Tenshi na Konamaiki thrown in (don't ask).

Kool Dudy
5th April 2004, 10:42 PM
Wha....HnG was #4 a couple of days ago...it dropped to 40 a couple of days later....and now it's off the top 100 list...

I think there's something wrong.... :evil:

Roarkiller
6th April 2004, 08:50 AM
Full Moon o Sagashite is number 1, eh? Never seen it. Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien was pretty interesting. I doubt you'll see that one on Cartoon Network :P

I'm currently watching Naruto (duh), Fullmetal Alchemist, and One Piece. Also with the occasional episode of Tenshi na Konamaiki thrown in (don't ask).

Apparently, Kevin being here, plus that really big and bold sig, makes for quite an eye-beholder.

FMwS is quite good, and the way the manga is going now, looks to be better too. The manga is going off focus IMO.

RedStarWarrior
6th April 2004, 09:14 AM
I have seen about 47 of the top 100. That is pretty sweet.

Kevin
7th April 2004, 06:54 PM

*cough*Dork*cough*

classy_cat18
7th April 2004, 06:59 PM

*blushes* I've only seen 17 of those. You're very lucky; I have limited money and resources. Seeing some of those anime was a lucky thing, thanks to my anime buddies on campus.

Kool Dudy
7th April 2004, 07:13 PM
*blushes* I've only seen 17 of those. You're very lucky; I have limited money and resources. Seeing some of those anime was a lucky thing, thanks to my anime buddies on campus.

Hmm...you could always download these episodes from fansubs

that is of course....if you have high speed internet....

classy_cat18
7th April 2004, 07:17 PM
The college doesn't allow that kind of downloading, I have no CD-R/RW drive, and the connection at home sucks. But one of these days...

Kool Dudy
7th April 2004, 07:18 PM
you dun really need a CD-R/RW drive...just need to have lots of space storage and a good internet speed...but college sux doesnt it....

Dark-San
15th April 2004, 11:04 PM
Lolz~ As always you can get your anime buddy to download for you right? Does your house have any CD rom drive btw?

If yes and that makes thing better! All your buddy has to do is to download the stuffs and burn them. After that he can lend it to you to watch. This is how I got my animes before I actually start to download from the net.

Kool Dudy
16th April 2004, 11:21 PM
Problem is finding those buddies...