PDA

View Full Version : First Ru/Sa team: Explosive Flatulence! (Mwa ha ha)

GirlRepellant
31st March 2004, 04:34 PM
You can see pics in my sig if you're a visual person. Now, there are stipulations on any advice you might give me:
1) I'm confined to just Ruby, so no trading until right before I battle my friend (as in to evolve 'Zam). Also, no multiple TM things.
2) I've got a time limit, aka by this weekend I've got to have these guys up to around level 50 and ready to battle my friend. This means no breeding, just basic moveset help.

That being said, here's the team:

Skarmory
Fly
Toxic
Spikes
Roar

Blaziken
Slash
Blaze Kick
Brick Break
Bulk Up

Alakazam
Psychic
Shock Wave
Calm Mind
Recover

Zangoose
Slash
Shadowball
Aerial Ace
Swords Dance

Flygon
Dragon Claw/Return
Crunch
Earthquake
Fire Blast

Walrein@Chesto Berry
Body Slam
Surf
Ice Beam
Rest

There we go. I'm trying to figure out where my Brick Break and Aerial Ace moves go... When does Blaziken learn Sky Uppercut?

I dunno. Rate and make suggestions, if you would. Thanks all!

phaedrus
31st March 2004, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by GirlRepellant
You can see pics in my sig if you're a visual person. Now, there are stipulations on any advice you might give me:
1) I'm confined to just Ruby, so no trading until right before I battle my friend (as in to evolve 'Zam). Also, no multiple TM things.
2) I've got a time limit, aka by this weekend I've got to have these guys up to around level 50 and ready to battle my friend. This means no breeding, just basic moveset help.

That being said, here's the team:

Skarmory
Fly/Aerial Ace
Toxic
Spikes
Roar

Rates in italic. fly>aerialace, imo. stallage=more toxic dmg. attach quickieclaw.

Blaziken
Slash/Aerial Ace
Blaze Kick
Brick Break/Sky Uppercut

is it me, or does your blaziken have 3 moves? focusenergy-blazekick-brickbreak-slash either lefties/shellbell, depending on availability. blaziken learns skyuppercut at lvl59, btw.

Alakazam
Psychic
Shock Wave
Calm Mind
Recover

meh. i put reflect>calmmind because his defense lacks. shell bell goes on this guy.

Zangoose
Slash/Crush Claw/Return
Shadowball
Aerial Ace/Brick Break
Swords Dance

don't think i'm crazy....here's what to do IF you have scope lens: slash-quickattack-brickbreak/shadowball-swordsdance. scope lens for that MS, for your current set, i like slash the best for ch, but if you're unlucky, return is the best choice. brick aerialace b/c brickbreak is on blaziken.

Flygon
Dragon Claw
Crunch
Earthquake
Rock Tomb/Fire Blast/Aerial Ace/Fly/???

put fireblast or flamethrower.

Walrein@Chesto Berry
Body Slam
Surf
Ice Beam/Blizzard
Rest

personally, for walrein ice beam should be enough because of stab. it's like 140-ish base with stab so it's good. if the battle's bound to be short go with blizzard. at least 175 with stab, but remember it has lower acc. and pp.

There we go. I'm trying to figure out where my Brick Break and Aerial Ace moves go... When does Blaziken learn Sky Uppercut?

I dunno. Rate and make suggestions, if you would. Thanks all!

good teameZ. good luck in pwning your friend. :wave:

GirlRepellant
2nd April 2004, 02:30 PM
Alright, I made the changes Mr. Buu suggested (including giving Blaziken his 4th move... that was just a simple mistake). Thanks Mr. Buu!

Anyone else?