PDA

View Full Version : Attack of the Merger!

mr_pikachu
31st March 2004, 11:02 PM
Well, in case no one's noticed, TPM, BBP, and SPP are merging. Yeah, all three of us. And it's for real, check out the mods and admins vouching for it in the topic down at the Pokemasters.net subforum.

But now for how it affects us. I'd like to know if and how Fanfiction will change to adapt to this turn of events. Will there be more mods, and will there be the same rules? How will we deal with other people starting a thread for old SPP and BBP fics, and how will we handle the awards, when some old fics from all three forums may be nominated? Your thoughts, my friends. :D

The Decapitated Mole
1st April 2004, 05:20 AM
Well... I don't think I'm a real big fan of this merger [from what I've seen TPM is better than both of them] and I like the forums the way they are. TPM has been changing for the worse for the past two years or so [2001 was the best in my opinion] and this just takes the cake. But the forums should not change, nor should they be merged, as far as I'm concerned.

As for the fanfiction rules--I say leave 'em alone. **** spp and bmg.

o_0
jimm

Darien Shields
1st April 2004, 04:06 PM
I'm most worried about loosing our posts/accounts. Will TPM forums be the shell for the others, i.e. will they be added into it, or will we be stuck into one of their icky foreign forums?! If we are, will our posts (precious long-running fics!) get moved? And what about our accounts? Well, you get my general drift.

Man wouldn't it be a burn if someone was copying your fic, and the forums merged, and no-one believed you were the orignal writer? I better go and make sure no one's stolen PK...

EDIT: and of course there's the whole debate of whether this is an April Fool's joke or not... if it were it'd be nice for him t o post it On April Fools by GMT (since GMT is the forum standard) and not 31/3 Forum time.

dratinihaunter13
1st April 2004, 04:40 PM
Yea it's a big april fools hoax, and if that's still censored, 4-1-04 hoax. Around this time of year, no one can be trusted O_o;;; i wanted to spoil the joke so bad. wahahaha

Damian Silverblade
4th April 2004, 05:47 AM
Oh my, look like this thread was accidentaly reopened. *slips Oz a 5$ bill*

I would like to openly state that there is only ONE BBP around, and he's me, and he will NEVER merge with either these forums or SPP! :-D.

I mean, do you have an idea how awful a guy would look after merging with two pokémon forums? Ewww.

dratinihaunter13
4th April 2004, 10:31 PM
..whatever.