PDA

View Full Version : Moonlight Shadow- Weil Übel Spaß ist (sign-ups)

Mewtwo-D2
2nd April 2004, 03:05 AM
Well, kids, since every RPG I was playing just died, I had to go start a new one. So here's my latest and here's hoping you enjoy it.

In a world where magic flows on the very wind, what's to stop untrained adepts from using their powers for evil? Little can stop them, but one society, cloaked in secrets, can certainly help them. The Moonlight Shadow, an enigmatic brotherhood of thieves and murderers, all sorcerers of the highest order, ensnares many young, untrained adepts, slowly bringing them over to the side of evil. As more and more sorcerers became corrupted, light sorcerers founded their own brotherhood: The Order of the Crystal Bell. However, being ill-suited to the kind of war the Moonlight Shadow is equipped to start against them, a third brotherhood sprung up: The Red Scythe, the mercenaries guild. But the Red Scythe have only marginally more scruples then the Moonlight Shadow, leaving it to be seen whether they can truly be trusted. As it is, the world is balancing precariously in twilight, ready to fall either way. Who will be victorious is up to you.

Okay, there are 13 different types of magic in this world, and you can only specialize in one. There may be three full sorcerers: one Moonlight Shadow, one Crystal Bell, one Red Scythe. All others must be no higher than disciple to a sorcerer.
The ranks are as follows:
Archmage (highest rank, but will not be introduced until late in gameplay. They will remain NPCs)
Sorcerer (second rank, only three allowed at the beginning. All others will be NPC's)
Disciple (third rank, the direct apprentice of a sorcerer, probably an NPC one)
Acolyte (fourth rank, light training received. They tend to study and travel in groups, often with a disciple attending them)
Adept (unranked, no training received. They can use magic, but they can rarely control it well.)

Their are minor guilds of certain types of magic users inside each brotherhood. Some examples are the Dark Earth (Moonlight Shadow), the Dawn Fire (Crystal Bell), and the Sons of Scythes.(Red Scythe).
The types of magic are:
1. Arcane: a little bit of everything thrown in. They can use most types of magic, but they are far more used to studying and structured conditions than being out adventuring.
2. Lightning: able to control all kinds of electricity. They tend to be quick minded but rather ruthless.
3. Necromancy: able to feel and eventually control death. When they reach disciple, they gain the ability to raise undead servants. They are usually rather morbid and highly inclined to break the rules. All necromancers are in the Moonlight Shadow.
4. Water: able to control all forms of water. They are rather cool and calm on the outside, but can become as hard as ice if the need arises.
5. Wind: able to control the air. They tend to be quite flighty and not very focussed at all. They think very fast, but oftentimes too fast.
6. Creation: able to bring life. They can ease the pain of dying and bring life from it. They want to make sure all things are balanced, and thus are quite happy with things balanced in twilight. No creator has ever joined the Moonlight Shadow, as they bring death faster than the earth can balance it.
7. Destruction: able to bring death. They can destroy whatever can be created, although they too must abide by the balance of life and death, creation and destruction. No destructor has ever joined the Crystal Bell, as they try to slow or at least ease death.
8. Divination: able to See the past, present, and future. They have the tendency to rely on their other Sight too much, and are not infallible, but every brotherhood wants at least one anyway.
9. Earth: able to control the land. They are ponderous and relentlessly logical. They will rarely act on emotion unless the earth is being hurt.
10. Fire: able to control all types of fire. They are fast acters, who tend to shoot first and ask questions later. They tend to be quite loyal though.
11. Healing: able to heal wounds. Sorcerer level healers can even bring back the dead, provided they didn't die too long ago. At disciple level, they can heal most fatal wounds.
12. Free: able to use all magic in its natural state. The opposite of arcane, they can use any type of natural magic. However, they can't control it to do more than not kill themselves. They tend to be loose cannons, and even at sorcerer level still have little control over the magic they unleash. Overall, they're best suited for the Red Scythe.
13. Holy: able to use all things sacred. They are pure and pious, and have amazingly strong powers. However, they can only use them for good, so all holy magic users are automatically in the Crystal Bell.

Magic usually manifests itself at puberty, though it has been known to happen much earlier or much later in some people. Leaving an adept untrained is a bad thing, because their powers grow with age, and if they can't control them, it may have some bad side effects. Most adepts are discovered between the ages of 13 and 15.

Name:
Magic type:
Level:
Brotherhood: (Moonlight Shadow, Crystal Bell, Red Scythe, or TBD)
Guild: (if acolyte or higher)
Description:
Personality:
History:
Other: (like the name of who you trained under, or whether you really hate users of a certain branch of magic, or if you own a cat named Mr. Tibbles. Things pertaining to your character only please.)

Name: Lila Trisitania
Magic type: Water
Level: Adept
Brotherhood: TBD
Guild: TBD
Description:Here (http://www.boomspeed.com/kendobunny/lila2.JPG) In case that doesn't show up, she has long, bright red hair, lavender blue eyes, and pale skin. She tends to wear robes in white, blue, or rose.
Personality: The usual water archetype of cool, if rather detached. She isn't terribly fond of associating with other people but will if it's necessary.
History: She was raised on a very average farm. Her mother died when she was quite young, leaving behind four children besides Lila, who was the youngest. She led a fairly normal childhood besides, until the onset of puberty, when she began to unconsciously control water. She didn't realize her talent until a nearby stream set out another branch that followed her, finally creating a pool on the floor of her bedroom. However, living deep in the country meant that sorcerers did not often pass by, leaving her untrained. Recently, however, water's attraction to her has become so pronounced that she had to leave her home to get training.
Other: Water tends to follow her around, springs shoot up, waves grow higher, and rainclouds follow her home. Calls all cats Mr. Tibbles on principle.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Bulbasaur4
2nd April 2004, 12:22 PM
Ooo... I'll join! ^^

Name: Rei Monai
Magic type: Healing (But it was close to Holy... ^^;;)
Level: Sorcerer
Brotherhood: Crystal Bell
Guild: Dawn Fire? (I'm unsure...)
Description: This is her face.. her hair color is the same. (http://www.angelfire.com/vamp/darkspike/whiteface.jpg)
This is her outfit/body... and her eyes are that color as well. (http://www.angelfire.com/vamp/darkspike/angelwarrior.jpg)
Personality: Very caring and rather loyal to a fault, Rei is some one who can be trusted with secrets and basically anything for anyone. She's trusting of all people, and respects all things. She follows her own sense of justice, and obeys the rules but in her mind she always has her own set of morals which she values more. Has a very trusting, caring nature... and would do anything to help others, which can some times lead to her being taken advantage of.
History: She was raised by a single father, for her mother died hours after giving birth to her. Her eyes were instantly spotted to being an 'unatural color'. Being raised by a father, she was taught to be strong and dutiful, but yet she was also taught by the village she grew up in as a whole. They sensed she would lack the 'girl-sense' of herself, so they taught her also how to be delicate. Rei loved gardens and nature, so she would often run out and tend to the animals all around. One day however, when she was merely 7, her favorite wolf-like dog named Ferii, was shot by a bow and arrow by mistake. Her father told her it would die, and was about to put it out of it's misery. Covered in the wolven dog's blood by hugging it, Rei teared up and cried for it to return to her. Unknowningly, the wound suddenly began to heal up... and the dog awakened. That was when she first discovered her powers of healing.
Since then, the entire village put together their elders to try to help her further her healing abilities... seeing her as some sort of 'miracle' sent to heal the earth. However, they had a very difficult time deciding if she were to be a 'Holy" or "healing" sort of magick, since both were equally shown in her. Healing was decided. She then found it almost natural for her, and her powers grew rather quickly and immensely... she later was determined to join the "Brotherhood" of Crystal Bell.
Other: She has a beautiful white horse, named "Anaka". Her horse was said to be the swiftest in the land, born from the great horse "Arei."

Heald
2nd April 2004, 01:54 PM
B4, can I be your disciple please?

Name: Darius Undrengard
Magic type: Holy
Level: Disciple
Guild: Dawn Fire
Description: Has longish blonde hair and his face is umblemished albiet a long scar down the left side of his face. He has sparkling blue eyes. See attachment for a better picture of his hair and face (but give him a scar and blue eyes). He is about 6' tall. Normally he wears a white sleeveless tunic with a white cape-like cloak and big animé like shoulder pads underneath the cloak. His trousers are also white, and he wears dark brown leather boots and dark brown leather gauntlet. However, his holy armour will cover his abdomen (chest and back), shoulders, funny-bones and thighs with a golden armour. He will also have a golden helmet and his boot and gauntlets will be covered in golden armour.
Personality: Can be quiet and distant at times but is very close to his mistress Rei. He will often confide in her and tell her everything. He is an energetic battler and will make his presense known to both enemies and allies alike. Has a generally friendly demeanour but abhors all forms of evil. Is incredibly caring. However, it is little known, not even to him, that his desire for vengeance will spark the darkest instincts within him.
History: Working on a farm, he only wished for a peaceful life. However, the Moonlight Shadow came to steal their goods. His father battled bravely but ended up falling. His mother took him to a holy sorceror who raised him. This sorceror happened to be an elder of a village. When he was 9, Darius began watching and examining the sorceror practising his magic and on his own learnt holy magic. However, it was rather uncontrolled. The sorceror noticed his potential and began training him. Believing that his magic can only be improved by adventure, he sent Darius off at the age of 14, who found a sorceror and mistress whom he had shared a village with in the form of Rei Monai.
Other: Happens to have a dog called Shino, who is a teenager samoyed-breed.

Ali
2nd April 2004, 02:31 PM
I'll join just as soon as school's over. 8D;;;

Mewtwo-D2
2nd April 2004, 02:34 PM
YAY! People signed up! Your sign-ups look excellent, and to explain, the Dawn Fire is a paladins guild. They adventure more often, and have headquarters in several towns. Also, the name of the guild is fairly well known and the average person is very friendly towards them, since they are much more generous with their services than the Red Scythe.

classy_cat18
2nd April 2004, 03:30 PM
I'm supposed to be working on two fanfics, my next post for the Dragon Tamers Battle Range, and my English paper. But my heart is aching for some RP'ing.

Name: Imani Dune
Magic type: Free
Level: Sorcerer (if that's alright to you)
Brotherhood: Red Scythe
Guild: Sons of Scythes
Description: A Suden, 5'4", medium build. She keeps her shoulder length hair in a ponytail. She wears Inuyasha priestess-like clothing. A silver anklet with moon charms is wrapped around her right leg.
Personality: She's an enthusiastic fighter, but instantly breaks away when she feels that her opponent (or herself) is too much for her. Like the rest of the Red Scythes, she won't help anyone unless she feels that there's something in it for her. She looks like she doesn't care about anyone, but looks can be deceiving. Has a good sense of humor and hardly takes anything outside of battle seriously.
History: She was raised by her trainer from birth since she left on his doorstep. He had a tough time with her because she didn't like her intense training. As soon as she finished her training, she broke off to join the guild and live an independent life.
Other: loves playing the flute when she feels like it. Is accompanyed by a familiar, a talking male red fox named Kit.

EVme15
2nd April 2004, 04:13 PM
Can I reserve the sorcerer for Moonlight Shadow? I'll post really soon...

Sheila Rae
2nd April 2004, 04:48 PM
This looks awesome. I'm reserving a spot, just to have my sign-up posted in a couple hours or so, depending on when my dinner falls into the mix. I'm also gonna see if I can get my best friend to join. ;)

EVme15
2nd April 2004, 05:40 PM
Name: Zeruel Faertia
Magic type: Necromacy
Level: Sorcerer
Brotherhood: Moonlight Shadow
Guild: Ah, who needs it...
Description: See attachment... only older.
Personality: He cares little for authority, which is why he tends tends not to listen to others very much. He does his own thing on a regular basis. He's normally very quiet and a loner, but has a very short temper, and is highly dangerous when angered. Zeruel is quite cunning, and very rutheless in battle. Highly dislikes being told what to do.
History: He was orphaned at a very young age for reasons unknown. He grew up by living off of other people. He was usually taken into the homes of caring families, frequently village elders. After staying anywhere from a few days to a few months, he'd leave and wander to another place. Eventually he began to develope a strange sixth sense. It wasn't until Zeruel sensed the same feeling from the home he was staying at, and came back to find the father dead, that he realized what his feelings meant. That night he left, and ran into a member of Moonlight Shadow. He's been trained by them ever since. Also, his last name is made up, since he doesn't know his real one.
Other: (ah, k) He prefers raising undead animals instead of humans.

*answered*

Ali
2nd April 2004, 05:52 PM
Name; Maharet
Age; 19
Gender; female
Magic type; water
Level; Disicple
Brotherhood; Red Scythe
Guild; Aqua Envoys
Description; Maharet usually wears a white or pale blue robe that's either sleeveless, has long bellshaped sleeves, or has shoulderless sleeves. It usually has a hood in the back, and her robe ends about mid-thigh. Under her robe, she usually wears a giant white shirt, and that's about it. Maharet also wears a brown leather belt wrapped around her waist, that has several large bags on them. Her hair, which is a soft pale blue-white, goes down past butt-length, and she usually keeps it unbound. Sometimes she'll briad it or tie it up, but most of the time she keeps her hair down. Her wide, child-like eyes are a brilliant vibrant blue-green, and her skin is a pale white. Standing at about 5'2", with slender arms, legs, and above average breasts, Maharet gives the appearance of being a fragile china doll or little angel, someone who'd break apart if touched.
Personality; ...However, her personality is nothing what you'd expect from her. Unlike most of the other water mages, Maharet is anything but cool and calm. Wild, uncontrollable, and always wanting her own way, she's anything but the angel she appears to be. Add the fact that she can be 'rather violent' [to put it mildly] at times, knowing her is like living with a explosive bomb. Maharet is also known to be rude, and rather crude sometimes. She has no problems with nudity, male or female, and can quite calmly talk about her body - and other people's too - over dinner. Amazingly enough, there are times when she isn't being rude, destructive, angry, or pouty. Usually that's when with people she likes. Unfortunetely, there aren't that many of them. And she likes to through stuff. At walls or at people. It doesn't matter to her.
History; Rather blah history. Born as the sevententh and last daughter and child of a very rich noble family, she was indulged much as the baby of the family that everyone loved. Her family always had a suspicion that she was a water mage however - especially when it started raining all the time on a tutor she didn't like. Inside and outside the house. And only on him. When she was fifteen, she was sent off to become a mage, with the support of her family.
Other; Owns a rather fierce pomerian whom she affectionately calls 'BonBon', which is known to other people as 'the *****' or 'ARGHGETITOFFMEGETITOFF!!!'. Many people have born her bitemarks and some bear scars - mainly on their ankles, feet, toes, and usually one on their finger is their ever stupid enough to bend down, extend a hand, and say "Come over here, doggy-woggy". Maharet also keeps something close to a golf club that she's never without. She likes to use it in fights. Mainly bash them several times over the head and yell "HEADSHOT!!!". Maharet also likes to run around naked in the rain. In fact, she likes to just run around naked.

Mystic_clown
2nd April 2004, 06:13 PM
Name: Faust
Magic type: Necromancy
Guild: Dark Earth
Description: Check here:
http://shadowaltz.bizland.com/bone/faustcap11.jpg
Here’s a pic of the rest of him (the thing on his torso’s blue)
http://shadowaltz.bizland.com/bone/148.jpg
Personality: Usually quiet and distant. He prefers to be all-alone. He’s ferocious in battle and when he decides to do something, he wont let anything stand in his way. Deep down he’s really depressed, but rarely shows it.
History: When he was only 5, his family was killed when their house burnt down. Faust wandered the land for a few years, being treated like garbage. It was when he was 8 that he was taken in by a woman named Serenity. She became a mother to Faust and Faust eventually fell in love with her. But disaster struck when Faust was 13 when Serenity was murdered. Faust was devastated by Serenity’s death and dedicated himself to finding a way to revive her. When he was 17 when he met a member of the Moonlight Shadow in a bar. He offered Faust a chance to master his skills. Thinking that this may be a way to revive Serenity, he accepted. He became Zeruel’s disciple when he was 19. The skeleton he carries around is the remains of Serenity.
Other: has a pet raven called Necros.

MaHa_sHaDoWs
2nd April 2004, 06:32 PM
could I reserve a spot as a disciple?

Sheila Rae
2nd April 2004, 06:39 PM
As I'm working on my sign-up, I'm wondering if my character would be a spy for the Crystal Bell, retrieving info about the Moonlight Shadow to help them in war that may occur. Could I do this? I'll probably post my profile assuming I can, and then change it if I can't. :wave:

Mewtwo-D2
2nd April 2004, 08:04 PM
Okay, first everyone's sign-ups look great. One quick thing though, classy_cat, is the fox would have to be a sort of familiar... he can talk to your character, but no one else can understand him.

Second, it's all right to want to have a preference in what you raise from the dead. For controlling death, Archmages can speed or slow death, sorcerers can speed it a bit and control dead things, disciples can raise and control dead things, acolytes can control lesser dead, and adepts attract death and can occasionally control a lesser dead creature. Destructors can't slow death, and they can't raise anything from the dead.

Third, it's perfectly acceptable to start your own guild, name a new one, what have you. Just keep it in character with the brotherhood you belong to. And disciple spots are currently unlimited, unless too many people sign up as them.

Sheila Rae
2nd April 2004, 09:30 PM
Name: Michiru Lumieré (I love the name Michiru…)
Disguise name: Kagae Seki
Magic type: wind
Level: Acolyte (tell me if, by my powers, I should be higher)
Brotherhood: Crystal Bell and Moonlight Shadow, spies for Crystal Bell
Guild: Crystal Bell~ Twilight Winds ... Moonlight Shadow?
Appearance: Crystal Bell~ Michiru is small for her age, just over five feet, and people in the brotherhood tease her about being “a cutie” or “kawaii” and the like. Her hair goes down her back, and is a bright shade of auburn. She usually twines lush green vines with eye-sized leaves growing on them in her hair. In the back of her hair, not normally visible, she has some medicinal herbs to help her magic and for making antidotes. She has two long bangs that go down her cheeks to her chin. Her eyes are big and a beautiful green, many shades blending into a brilliant colour. When you look at them, you just mutter “wow” and are captivated. Her face is more rounded than most people, and her lips are light pink and small. She wears a lavender strapless shirt, with about a 5 cm thick darker purple “collar” at the top. Over the shirt, she has a blue-ish robe that is hand crocheted out of soft wool. With that, she wears a white skirt that goes to almost to her ankles. There is decoration of purple seed beads, like a fringe, at the bottom. She has brown sandals that look like the soles are made of darkened cork. This appearance is her normal one that Michiru is whenever she’s not with the Moonlight Shadow.
Moonlight Shadow~ She wears colour-changing contacts that turn her eyes a cold grey. She wears a light blue wig with a single large ponytail (like Botan (http://anayu.hp.infoseek.co.jp/yyh_pic/botan.jpg)). There are also dark blue streaks in the wig. She wears bright red lipstick and dark blue eye shadow. Her clothes simply consist of a pink shirt that’s like a bikini and black pants, all covered by a flowing black cloak. She wears black shoes that are kind of like platform shoes and add a few inches to her height. Unless you knew, you really wouldn’t be able to tell that it was Michiru.
Personality: When in public, she’s a quiet and shy girl who usually keeps her head down. When she’s by herself or with people she knows, she can be hyper, carefree, talkative, friendly, you name it. She’s the kind of person who loves everyone (not romantically), so if you’re on her side she’s easy to get along with. Michiru is truly compassionate and caring, and does her best to help others while having fun. She tries not to let those sad but inevitable things get her down, and she thinks there is always a reason to be happy, such as simple things like taking a breath. Her philosophy is that everything happens for a reason, in the long run usually better rather than worse. Although her full trust is difficult to earn, it probably wouldn’t be very hard to take advantage of her caring nature. She is very open to criticism and wants to do what she can to improve her magic and herself. The best way to make her angry is to have prejudice against certain magic, a homophobe, or anything else discriminative. She tries to stand up for even people she doesn’t know, but sometimes her shyness prevents her. While with the Moonlight Shadow, she is basically aloof and stays in the shadows, although she has befriended the sorcerers. That’s where all the information is, no? ;)
History: She grew up in a small town with normal friends as a little kid. Before she entered the "middle school" education level, all the people of the village whom she thought were her friends began to leave her and ignore her. This is because she became friends with a girl whom everyone hated for some reason. Michiru and her new friend became very close, and she realized that she was a better friend than all the other friends she had in her life put together. They had an unbreakable friendship and the best of friends. A lot of people thought they were lesbians, even though they actually weren’t, just as close as sisters. When Michiru was twelve, her parents died in a “freak accident,” although they had really been murdered by Moonlight Shadow members. Although Michiru’s parents didn’t fully approve of her friend and her family, they had secretly put it in their wills for her friend’s family to become Michiru’s guardians. So, she and her friend legally became sisters. Shortly after Michiru turned thirteen, she and her friend were trapped in a crumbling building during an earthquake. A large chunk of the celeing was about to fall and crush her friend, but both of them were in too panicked of a state to do anything. Michiru wished that should could do anything to help her friend. She reached out her hand, and an enormous gust of wind came from it and blew the debris away. After that, someone from the Crystal Bell found the adept Michiru and encouraged her to join. She did, promised that she could still see her friend often. Michiru’s magic was never again as strong as the day she helped her friend, but she is trying hard to become better. When in the Crystal Bell, they revealed to her to truth about her parents death. She asked if being a spy would be helpful, so they graciously let her become one. Michiru usually doesn’t think about her parents very much, not dwelling on that sorrow, but her spying is just as much for herself as for the Crystal Bell.
Relationships: In her new family, there’s also her adopted-mom and her annoying little brother. If my best friend signs up, I think she’s going to be my character’s best friend/sister. If she decides not to come, someone else can be Michiru’s sister/friend if they wish. Also, it would be cool to mix it up a little if someone wants to be the Moonlight Shadow member who killed Michiru’s parents, if they wanted.
Other: *adds other to list of stalkers*

Mewtwo-D2
2nd April 2004, 09:57 PM
Okay, I think I better clear this up. This is not Earth, it is a semi-midieval world. I'm really sorry if I didn't make that clear.

Also, healers aren't really the type to join the Moonlight Shadow, and the Moonlight Shadow aren't really the type to want them. Michiru might be well suited to Wind magic, if you think you'd like playing a wind caster. Before she becomes a spy you might want her to go through a little more training, which could be an interesting plot development as the game goes on.

Your sign-up looks pretty good other than that. You could say she was raised in a small town and educated at a local schoolhouse. Race is not a very big factor in this world- what you cast is far more important than whatever color your skin happens to be. Sorry I didn't mention this before but I had to rush to make dinner. Dark-skinned people are usually called Suden's, light-skinned Norden's, medium-light Osten's, and medium-dark Wasten's. So, yeah... sorry for being rather slipshod with that. I didn't think of it at the time ^^;

Shadow Djinn
2nd April 2004, 10:32 PM
Whee...^-^;

Name: Gavin Toushi
Magic type: Wind
Guild: Twilight Winds
Description: He's about 5" 7 with long white hair and gray eyes, with a black cloak fastened on his shoulders with a green shoulder pad on his left shoulder. He has white shoes with black trime, and a bracelet on his left arm, with an armlet on his right. There is a large scar across his left cheek, forming an X pattern with several small scars on his right cheek.
Personality: Gavin is a quick thinking person with many ideas and a calm manner, but does not think much of his magic. His way of thinking is " Live and Learn", and ignores his faults and focuses on his skills. However, he has some heart in his magic, and wants to control the wind very easily with little to no effort. He is extremely fit and not laid back, and loves to run.
History: Gavin was a mixed up kid all his life, born into the House of Tou. He had many siblings from his many grandparents and aunts and uncles, trained to be a full fledged Ninja. His father gave up on teaching him at the age of 10, though Gavin had received enough training. Leaving the House one day to go with his friends to the lake, he returned to see the village in flames, awakening his small temper. Roaring out, he formed a large gust and savagely damaged the theives that had done so, before collapsing, to awake several days later alone in a torn up village, which he realized was his own. Running away in horror, he crashed into a member of the Crystal Bell, who had seen his magic. He invited him to join but Gavin refused and roamed the villages, before one day, after comign across the same person, accepted the invitation..
Other: Trained under the name of Toushi, due to the fact that he prefers his last name.

I'm sure I made LOADs of mistakes...^^;

MaHa_sHaDoWs
2nd April 2004, 10:44 PM
Name: Tarid Atrume
Magic type: Earth
Guild: Dark Earth

Description: Is around six feet, a little on the tall side, and very slim. Despite his slimness he has much lean muscle. Has very pale skin, that is tainted a slight gray. His black hair is short and very shiny. The left side of his bangs grows longer than the right and thus hangs over his left eye. His eyes are a dark piercing gray, with very foggy whites, and pupils that seem to always stay the same sharp and round shape. His left arm is charred black from the shoulder to the mid-point between his shoulder and elbow, and his back also has a black mark that streaks down its middle. He prefers to wear a mahogany and sage colored tunic and pant with a black robe, that flares at the wrists, overtop. He wears brown strapped sandals as much as possible as he feels uncomfortable in anything else.

Personality: Serious and emotionless most of the time, and carries a sense of foreboding with him. Calm and collected in the most dire and panicked of situations, and unafraid to face threats larger in rank or stature than himself. Tends to stray from conversations if they last too long and never seems to be able to hold a person's gaze. Has a hidden fun-loving spirit that he rarely shows, except that time way back when when he got dru.... eh eh.. em.. Loyal to any friend he meets, though he never remembers having many until he was within the brotherhood. He has a great intelligence and wisdom of the things going on around him though he doesn't usually show it outwardly, but can occasionally be reliable for good advice. Slow in building in relationships with anyone, and even slower to forget ones that didn't last. He is evil in the sense that he carries out his missions mercilessly and without much care towards the enemies point of view.

History: Born to a Middle-Class city family he lead a life with no suspicion whatsoever of the powers he possessed. Suddenly at age eleven he found himself willing organic things around the house to grow to immense proportions, and his parents began to no longer fight the gathering suspicion that he was indeed a mage. At the young age of twelve he was sent off to be an apprentice under a Crystal Bell sorceror. Along the journey he was mysteriously abducted by a guild of Moonlight Shadow, and instead taken under the wing of one of their earthen sorcerors. Despite their dark background and the foreboding that surrounded them, Tarid found a good home with the MS.

Other: He has a scrying disk made of solid silver, that uses the help of a wise-cracking demonic creature to spy on people and the like. This can only be used once or twice a day and currently the creature can't travel very far from the disk. Also has a familiar named Briar, a small, but very swift and strong, black ferret.

Sheila Rae
2nd April 2004, 10:46 PM
Okay. I was actually quite considering being a wind mage, but I thought my character's history would make more sense with healing. I've got an idea, I can think of a good way to keep my history but omit healing by somehow working in wind. Then the whole Moonlight Shadow/spy thingy would make more sense, I agree. I'll edit that and your other points tomorrow, I'm real short on time now. Sounds good.

Mewtwo-D2
2nd April 2004, 11:21 PM
New sign-up's look pretty good, but Tic-tac's must be left out. He can be addicted to a certain kind of fruit or have an immense sweet tooth, but Tic-tacs don't exist. Also, at disciple level, Tarid would only be able to use his scrying disk once or twice per day.

Other than that, accepted.

MaHa_sHaDoWs
3rd April 2004, 08:33 AM
No tic-tacs! Shoot. As far as the disk goes once or twice a day was what I meant to put in there but hey, I was tired! *edits sign-up accordingly*

Sheila Rae
3rd April 2004, 12:18 PM
Ok, my sign-up ish been edited. *nods* Tell me if that's better now. I also have another question. Are socerers real elite, the kind of people that (almost) never talk to lower ranks? Just wondering.

My friend said she would try to sign up. [/random fact]

Bulbasaur4
3rd April 2004, 12:55 PM
Sure Heald, that's fine with me. ^^

Also, I was wondering if it would be alright if I play another character... sorta wanna play a sinister one. ^^;;;; If not, that's fine... just wonder'n. ^^

crimson_flygon
3rd April 2004, 02:57 PM
*is Sheila Rae's friend*

Name: Kagura Lumieré
Magic type: Divination
Guild: N/A
Description: Kagura is around 5"5, most of her height derives from her long legs. Her hair is a silky dark golden shade of blond and goes down to her shoulders when it is worn down (which it rarely is). She wears her hair back in a ponytail, while her bangs, which are layered a bit shorter then the back of her hair, hang down in her face over a dark red headband she wears. Her eyes are a very bright and feirce yellow-amber. Her skin is remarkably pale for the time she spends in the sunlight, but she still does have a decent tanned skin color. She wears a very thin but flowing sleeveless white blouse-like shirt. On it many spiraling designs are embroidered across the waist area. The bottome of her top is tucked into a white sash around her waist, that also has the top of her loose dark red pants that the way they hang on her waist can be easily mistaken for a skirt. Over all this she wears a dark blue/black knit sweater that almost goes down to her knees. She almost never takes the sweater off, only under certain conditions. It is safe to say she takes her sweater off as scarecly as she wears her hair down (although when she takes her hair down it does have a very radiant and elegant appearance)
Personality: Kagura is prone to giving people a bad impression of herself so almost everyone she meets either hates her after one minute of being around her, or has already heard so much gossip about her that they don't want anything to do with her. Not that she wants them to like her anyway, she really doesn't like people in general, thinking everyone is rude and completley mindless so simply put, she feels a great hatred for many things. This commonly makes her feel utterly alone in the world, and can sometimes even cause herself to completley seperate herself from others alltogether. She feels that acceptance means nothing in the world, and so she creates a everlasting hatred for the oblivious people around her. She is very comptemplative, venturing deeper into subjects then anyone would ever dare to tred, because she is so laid back she rarely fears anything. So over all people would say she is apathetic and cold, which she can be sometimes. But deep down she is full of emotion, mainly sadness and the feeling of being misunderstood. So alot of times she has the habit of working herself up on hundreds of false emotions and overpowering herself with them or overreacting about something, usually leaving herself alone and looked down upon. But she rather likes to be alone because even though in truth she feels like no one truely understands her, she doesn't want to be with those who don't. It is extremely rare for her to truely care about something, but when she does care about something you can gaurentee(sp?) that she would risk everything to protect it.
History: As a young child she lived with her parents and younger brother. It was obvious she was differant, she never interacted with many other children, she aways seemed to be going into trances and waking up suddenly not knowing what just happened. She tried to fit in, she truely did but other children simply mocked her and made fun of her. This may explain many of her negative feelings, and hatred for people, the beings that hurt her so badly. Growing up, the events of her past never seemed to erase and those she grew up with marked her as a 'freak'. What she could never understand is why no one ever gave her a second chance, she always watched them from a distance, they always forgave and forget their fights and bad moments. But they never ceased tormenting her. And so then she began to believe that the world had turned on her, and that no one else deserved her pity or mercy. Later in her lifetime she was relieved she had gone through so many pains to come to where she was, because she was relieved that she didn't grow up in the life of any other average person. She was differant, she knew. And she liked it. And around that time when she was droven into denial by her own lonliness and despair, there was a light at the end of the tunnel. She met Michiru, it was a new experience for her. She had never truely been cared for the way Michiru had. Everyone else had hated her for no reason, but Michiru didn't, she loved her for who she was. And Kagura had at last found someone who she could call a 'friend'. But Michiru was closer then a friend, their friendship was a bond of true caring for eachother, and suddenly Kagura realised that she wasn't alone. When Michiru's parents were killed her family brought her under her wing and they became sisters, which was one of the most happy moments of Kagura's life. But one day when they were trapped in a building that began to collapse during a earthquake Michiru saved them by using wind magic. Afterwards she left to join something, though Kagura wasn't really sure. And even though she was promised she would be able to see Kagura as much as possible, it was as though something had been taken from her that Kagura could never replace. It was as though her entire life was rumbling away from beneath her. The one thing that had brought her joy and companionship, the only thing she had truely cared for, had been stolen from her. She became ddeeply depressed, even suicidal. But something kept her above the lines of death, and that was the memories of Michiru. During Kagura's 'low' times she finally began to come into the light that she had something. For her entire life she had been made fun of for blacking out or falling into 'trances' but she was begining to realise what it all ment. And even though she still had no idea how to control it or what it was she finally thought that maybe the place that Michiru had gone could help her too.
Relationships: The only person Kagura ever cared about in her entire life is her best friend/sister Michiru. And she is so deeply depressed that she pretty much closes herself up to anyone who tries to reach her, and blocks them off with her deep down hatred. But if anyone wants to try and get along with her, then go ahead. But breaking the barrier between so much pain and hatred would be very difficult...
Other: Like I said, she hates alot of things. She can't help it, it has become part of her nature. And for that she hates herself. (Although that would just be proving herself right by hating herself as well) She also hates mirrors, don't ask why, she just does. And she also loves food/cooking, when she is sitting down to a warm meal she can't help but whell up with happiness (aww). And one more thing, basically over her entire life she had vague clues to her abilities, like she would black out and see visions, fall into trances, etc. She never really confronted the subject before though.

whew long, I hope that is okay. Please correct me on anything wrong with it. *bows and walks away*

Ali
3rd April 2004, 06:10 PM
^^ Thanks. Er, I edited it so it includes the guild. And is it alright if other mages other than water can join despite the name? ^^;;;;

Mewtwo-D2
3rd April 2004, 09:09 PM
Lady Ali, it's fine if your guild doesn't have specifically water casters, though judging by the name, it would probably be primarily water casters. But other types are fine.

B4, the more the merrier. Everyone can play as many characters as they can handle.

Sheila Rae, sorcerers are the real elite, but they're more like teachers. Some are huffy and arrogant towards Acolytes and Adepts, some are caring and understanding. And you did a pretty good job editting your sign-up, but you forgot to change the car crash to something else. Maybe carriage wreck instead ^^;

I want to get a few more sign-ups if possible, but I'll probably be starting this either Monday or Tuesday.

classy_cat18
4th April 2004, 05:58 PM
Sorry 'bout that. The term "familiar" isn't very...familiar to me.

Bulbasaur4
4th April 2004, 06:32 PM
Alright, I'm gonna add another charry.

Name: Brevant DeFeiy
[b]Magic type: Necromancer
Guild: N/A
Description: (See Attachment to see Breeevant!!)(there's a bit of blood in the pic, but nothing too graphic.)
Personality: Very smooth, calm and relaxed, yet gives the air of a delicate yet extremely deadly thing of grace. He's a charmer, and his confident air and poised voice can set anyone at ease, while yet making them all the same more mystified. He's very mysterious, and has a sense of tempermant that is under control. Unlike most Necromancers, or 'evil' 'dark' things, he doesn't have an explosive temper, but rather never gets angry. He's more of a dark bishie, who loves the beauty of both living and dead things.
History: Brevant was born in a regular village, with a regular family. He grew up easy enough, doing chores, playing around like any every-day kid. However, as soon as he reached the age of 10, his mother and father both fell ill to a plague which scorched across the village. Everyone in the village died from this horrible plague, except for Brevant. The King of the land which the village was located, ordered all things to be burned- carcases, live and dead animals alike- everything, except Brevant. Brevant was then grabbed and seized like a prisoner, and thrown into a cell located in the middle of a field, in no where. It was there, he was given food once a day and was ordered to take a bath in the underground stream which occasionally trickled into the cell. Brevant was there for a month, until finally the King forgot about him. Brevant then managed to climb his way up, and free himself. Angered and enraged, Brevant soon wandered around the villages, until one day a lady found him. She was called a witch, and she saw great potential in Brevant. (Unbeknown to him, she was a Sorcerer) She soon taught him to harness his rage, and after two years a great transformation had occured in Brevant. He had no more tempers, no rages... he was calm and collected, and extremely deadly. He was skilled in the art of a sword, and could behead almost anything that moved near him with ill intent. Brevant had become a Necromancer, his lust and will to bring back those who have perished in unruly ways had seized his magic capabilities, and it flurished so that he wanted to raise all of the dead to aid himself when needed. He currently has no Guild to which he belongs to, and he really has not 'claimed' to be with any brotherhood. However, the Moonlight Shadow has 'rumoured' to everyone that Brevant was with them. However, Brevant has not been approached by either Guild to be asked to join.
Other: Brevant currently has two massive, black wings upon his back which fold up tightly to look smaller. He usually covers them with his cloak. It is rumored that he recieved these wings from a demon when he was in the cell, and in exchange for the wings the demon made him promise to harness the powers of the dead. (Of course, that's just a rumor. He could as well been bornwith them and no one knew. ^^; )

Hope that's okay! ^^ *huggles Brevant*

[/color][/size]

Arnen
4th April 2004, 09:09 PM
:sleep: Sorry if this sucks, I'm tiiired... :sleep:

~Name: Arnen Takenara
~Age: 14 (almost 15)
~Gender: Female
~Magic type: Fire
~Level: Disciple
~Brotherhood: Crystal Bell
~Guild: Twilight Winds
~Description: She's a bit tall for 14; in fact, she looks a lot older. She has naturally dark skin and almond-shaped grey eyes. She wears plain black pants and a tight dark-red shirt that leaves her midriff bare. Her dark auburn hair is kepy up in a ponytail with two braids looping from her short bangs down to behind each ear. She also wears a leather belt with a large silver buckle that is covered with flame-like designs, a silver chain around her neck, and black leather boots.
~Personality: She's a free spirit, to say the least. She never really follows the rules, and always has some smart-allec remark up her sleeve. She is quick to anger, and when she gets mad, bad things tend to happen. She's fiercely loyal to her friends, her family, and her order, and is not against burning anyone who puts them down.
~History: I'll do this later...
~Other: :machinegu*other* Heehee, me like the new smileys :D

Red Angel
5th April 2004, 12:25 AM
I've done RPGs in other forums, but I've never joined an RPG here at TPM... so heck, why not?

Name: Akkai Tonaradun
Magic type: Destruction
Brotherhood: TBD
Guild: TBD
Description: Tall and thin, with very pale skin with a bit of a sickly bluish hue to it. Long, dirty-white hair, worn loose. Sunken, black eyes which glow a pale red in darkness. Clothed in animal skins (at least at the moment).
Personality: Sullen, withdrawn, and morbid, with an obsessive streak.
History: Accidentally killed his father during an argument, when his previously unsuspected powers showed themselves. Rertreated to the mountain caves, hoping to gain control of his powers before they hurt anyone else.

Edit:MD2, when are you starting this? Just curious.

Red Angel
5th April 2004, 09:47 PM
MD2, when are you starting this? Just curious.