PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon FR&AB this September!

Saturos
2nd April 2004, 03:40 PM
April 01, 2004 - Nintendo has announced that the company will release Pokemon: Leaf Green and Pokemon: Fire Red in the US this September. These two games are remakes of Pokemon Red and Pokemon Blue released on the original black-and-white Game Boy system nearly a half decade ago.

More than 2 million copies of Pokemon Fire Red and Pokemon Leaf Green have been sold in Japan since their launch in January. Like the Japanese version, the US edition will come packaged with a Wireless Adapter, giving players the ability to trade and battle Pokemon as well as chat with other local trainers without the need for a link cable.
This announcement also confirms that Pokemon: Leaf Green will not have a name change to match the release of Pokemon Blue in the states. Clever Pokemaniacs will recall that Nintendo released the Japanese version of Green as Blue in the US.

The games, as well as the Wireless Adapter, will be on demonstration at this year's Electronic Entertainment Expo in May.

Source: IGN

I knew it was going to be released this September stateside!!

It was just as I predicted! The Pokemon Red and Blue were released in September of 1998. The remakes were also released in Japan on the "original" releases of their versions. So the US's releases are doing the same!!

Number1ChanseyFan
2nd April 2004, 05:36 PM
Thanks for the info. I was kinda hoping that Fire Red/Leaf Green would be released a little earlier in the year, like over the summer, but it really looks like it will definitely be worth the wait. I am looking forward to these games being released.

Kari and Mewtwo
2nd April 2004, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by Saturos
April 01, 2004

Why do i get a very suspicious feeling about this?

Believe me, I'm impervious to April Fools jokes. NEVER believe anything you hear on April 1st, since 99.9% of the time its false.

The Muffin Man
3rd April 2004, 12:17 AM
It's also IGN. They've been known to pull stupid crap like this for hits.

And now they have the perfect alibi.

Saturos
3rd April 2004, 07:46 PM
Uh, yah, but Japan's original release date for the R/B versions was in Jan.

Not the remakes. I had the issue of the NP telling it's Japanese release date back in 1996 (or was it 95?). Either way, I don't have that issue anymore. I threw it out by accident.

Dark Sage
3rd April 2004, 08:37 PM
True. The media can really have a field day with their April Fools pranks.

Like I was watching Cartoon Network's Friday's lineup yesterday, and even though it was the 2nd, they had an April Fools prank that was subtle (instead of "Cartoon Fridays". they kept saying it was "Cartoon Tuesdays").

But I hope this isn't some prank. I want to get Fr/Lg before 2004 is out.

- Venusaur

Saturos
6th April 2004, 07:07 PM
I found this information in my Nintendo Power Guide of Pokemon Colosseum:

Pg. 136

CONNECT 'EM ALL!
The world of Pokemon is a vast, thriving place. If you connect Pokemon Colosseum to the games on the GBA, you can draw it all together with surprising results. Orre, Hoenn and Kanto--together the three regions provide a thrilling means for pursuing your dream to be the best Trainer anywhere.

Is that enough proof there?

Sir Chris
7th April 2004, 10:00 PM
hmm... Sounds interesting indeed. I am looking forward to these games but they are not the savior of the pokemon series. But it shall be a lot of fun nonetheless.

Water Pokemon Master
8th April 2004, 02:27 AM
I would like to add that the games will stay Red and Green. We will not be getting a Blue version this time around unfortunately.

Sir Chris
8th April 2004, 02:56 AM
I'd just like to add that was mentioned in the very first post.

also I have been fortunate enough to play shortly on an import of fire red and the gameplay is really fun..

ShockingAlberto
8th April 2004, 09:38 AM
Do we have a confirmation yet that it will be Leaf Green or is it going to be Water Blue?

-- ShockingAlberto

Pewter City Geodude
8th April 2004, 09:48 AM
All the info about this from various sites says Leaf Green, and it's coming directly from Nintendo, so it's Leaf Green.

TheDarkHeracross
9th April 2004, 11:00 PM
Ok, I checked gamestop.com and it said that it comes out 8/2/2004... but then I saw on ebay that they have the english version out for sale there? How are they selling it if the game is not out until 8/2? O_o

Number1ChanseyFan
9th April 2004, 11:14 PM
Ok, I checked gamestop.com and it said that it comes out 8/2/2004... but then I saw on ebay that they have the english version out for sale there? How are they selling it if the game is not out until 8/2? O_o

The English versions of Fire Red/Leaf Green have not yet been released, so they are selling counterfeits. The only language that Fire Red/Leaf Green have been released in so far is Japanese. These people on eBay that claim that they have English versions of Fire Red/Leaf Green are simply not being honest.

Ferilian
10th April 2004, 02:17 PM
If this isn't already confirmed enough, I emailed Nintendo and the release date is September 2004! I also asked if it would be red and green or red and blue. They didn't specify, but they said that the games are meant to be remakes of Japan's red and green, not our red and blue. However, they did say that they aren't sure yet and still working on whether it will be green or blue. I hope it's blue! :orange:

Water Pokemon Master
10th April 2004, 05:29 PM
Could you post the email?

Dark Sage
10th April 2004, 06:20 PM
I went into a GameStop store today, and they said the release date was even earlier than September - August 8th. And they were so certain of it, they were accepting reservations.

- Venusaur

Ferilian
11th April 2004, 08:43 PM
Sure, here it is:

Seeing how Pokemon Leaf Green/Fire Red were remakes of the original Japanese versions of the games (Pokemon Red/Green), I'm not sure if these games will be remakes of the U.S. version of the games (Pokemon Red/Blue). In any case, these games are estimated for a September 2004 release, so there's still plenty of time to work out all the details. When news breaks, it's be featured on our web site and in Nintendo Power magazine, so stay tuned for all the latest Pokemon news!

Nintendo of America Inc.
Stephen Scott

I think I summed it up right, or maybe I misunderstood. But there's the raw thing, so yeah...

Dark_Alakazam
14th April 2004, 08:43 AM
I'm still thinking about if I want this game or not....I mean, buying remakes is one thing....like a remake of a game you had for nes or snes.....but a remake on the same system? :oh:

I'm not sure if those old pokemon are worth my $50 canadian.....It's not like I can't just trade and get them. Especially considering more than half of G/S pokemon aren't even in it. Then there is the "non legit" ways of getting ubers....not even really there unless you cheat.

I don't know....maybe my bro will get leaf green and I can just trade for Charmander and some other favs.....instead of me forking over cash and playing 2 pokemon games at the same time.... :no:

Crystalmaster Mike
14th April 2004, 09:13 AM
I'm still thinking about if I want this game or not....I mean, buying remakes is one thing....like a remake of a game you had for nes or snes.....but a remake on the same system? :oh:

In what way is a GBA still the same system as the old GameBoy? I mean really, there's quite the difference between the two.

Dark_Alakazam
14th April 2004, 09:20 AM
Considering my old Pokemon Red works on my Gameboy Advance SP, why would I buy it again? Graphics aren't the world my friend and I definatly will not pay so much money simply to obtain old pokemon. The "new" areas aren't enough to entice me either.

Its not like I better go run out and buy every little game with "poke" on the front. Ruby will suffice.

Crystalmaster Mike
14th April 2004, 10:30 AM
Okay, if graphics aren't a problem to you, then that's your vision. Anyways, there's more difference than the new areas, like Select, Natures, other Items and all...

But I'm not telling you to buy, buy, buy; it's your money, and your choice, my friend.

Dark_Alakazam
14th April 2004, 12:13 PM
Okay, if graphics aren't a problem to you, then that's your vision. Anyways, there's more difference than the new areas, like Select, Natures, other Items and all...

Ahh, but all those things are in ruby are they not? So they are definately not new. Paying for what i already own is not on my todo list. :no:

See, I'm also not one of those people who buys every EA sports game either....buying the same game over and over just isn't my bag baby.

The Muffin Man
14th April 2004, 02:27 PM
It's really not the same game. It's the same sense that Super Mario 3(Super Mario Advance 4) is the same game.

Besides, you bought Ruby did you not? "I don't want to buy the same games. Natures, Select, Items aren't enough to buy a new game" :\ Doesn't make much sense.

Razola
14th April 2004, 07:56 PM
It's really not the same game. It's the same sense that Super Mario 3(Super Mario Advance 4) is the same game.
More like the sense that Resident Evil on the PS1 is the same as on the Gamecube...sorta. The graphics have been beefed up, and it's got all the features of Gold/Silver and Ruby/Sapphire.

For those that complain, I ask you: if a Diamon version (like Yellow and Crystal versions) had been released this September instead, would you have bought that? And that's just a remake of a game that's barely a year old.

rinku
14th April 2004, 08:12 PM
I'll certainly be buying at least one (hopefully Green if they release it as that). I never played RB on a handheld, only emulator, so that is a plus for me. The difference in graphics and sound isn't just a tweak - it *is* a major overhaul by any criteria, and for me a definite feature. For goodness sake - the originals were in *black and white*!

If I was to compare it to other remakes, I'd probably say more like the revamped Leisure Suit Larry. Same gameplay but oh, so much nicer to play.

Crystalmaster Mike
15th April 2004, 12:58 AM
rinku: if you'd owned the cartridge, you could've played it on a GBC or GBA and played it in... *drumrolls* red and blue! And then you could have messed around in the opening screen and change it to e.g. green, yellow, and even negative colors! -_-''

I *miss* negative colors... like one'd miss a minor staying over. Fun at times, but nevertheless a relieve to get freed of.

Dark_Alakazam
15th April 2004, 07:46 AM
For those that complain, I ask you: if a Diamon version (like Yellow and Crystal versions) had been released this September instead, would you have bought that? And that's just a remake of a game that's barely a year old.

Err no....why would anyone buy that if it came out? I never bought crystal either. :what:
In the end, I don't see the point in buying a game I already own beefed up with things from another game I already own. At least ruby was a completely new game with diff pokemon and everything...fire red is just like red. I'd end up finishing it in 10 seconds like the original and wonder why the hell I wated my time.

I'll just continue happily playing ruby and training pokemon to play colloseum. I cam do that as long as I wish, no matter how many new ones come out. I'd rather hold out for an entire new pokemon game not just a graphic-enchanced version of one I already own.

tenchi
15th April 2004, 02:07 PM
I'm still thinking about if I want this game or not....I mean, buying remakes is one thing....like a remake of a game you had for nes or snes.....but a remake on the same system? :oh: :
ok calling the gba a gb is like calling the gc a nes :nut:

Scythemantis
15th April 2004, 03:01 PM
I'm going to get a copy because I wasted almost every unique TM I got in saphirre and need to play through a whole new game anyway. Might as well wait for the one that's got some new/unavailable stuff in it. Plus, my crawdaunt can learn crunch if he levels up just once in fl/lg.

rinku
15th April 2004, 07:33 PM
rinku: if you'd owned the cartridge, you could've played it on a GBC or GBA and played it in... *drumrolls* red and blue! And then you could have messed around in the opening screen and change it to e.g. green, yellow, and even negative colors! -_-''

Yeah, I did know that (and Yellow was indeed in colour) but it's still monochromatic, so not really that much different to b&w. My point remains - FRLG graphics are a serious improvement over the originals, and replaying the games is a worthwhile experience in itself for me. But everyone will have their own take on that point.

Dark_Alakazam
16th April 2004, 11:58 AM
Hey tenchi....I wish I had an SP like that one in your sig ;)

In all, I'm just playing ruby as it is. I'm not going to argue anymore, buy it if you want its up to you.

malevolent_Milotic
19th April 2004, 03:32 PM
i want the reamakes because the originals, number one, were in black and white now the GBs have advanced in color and pokemon itself has advanced a lot up to Ru/Sa. I think it would be neat to play old games with new stuff (like contests) on a different and more advanced system.

Number1ChanseyFan
19th April 2004, 03:42 PM
I think it would be neat to play old games with new stuff (like contests) on a different and more advanced system.

Unfortunately, the Pokémon contests are not in Fire Red/Leaf Green. Actually, Fire Red/Leaf Green doesn't even acknowledge the ribbons that you get in Ruby/Sapphire and Colosseum.

As for Fire Red/Leaf Green, I am looking forward to their release. Even if they are basically just remakes of the old R/B/Y games, it will still be fun to play them with the new features, like the islands, and also with the new GB Advance graphics, and with Pokémon that have characteristics and personalities.

Water Pokemon Master
19th April 2004, 04:55 PM
It's not just a remake. There are new things such as the new islands.

Poryhedron
19th April 2004, 05:03 PM
Yeah, but those are very much tacked on to the end. Until you reach Cinnabar, it's just a remake.

rinku
19th April 2004, 09:08 PM
Even before you get to Cinnibar it's not the same experience - special abilities change the balance of the battle game. Also held items if you can get any up to that point (wild pokémon?). Different movesets on most pokémon too.

tenchi
20th April 2004, 12:37 PM
[QUOTE="Dark_Alakazam"]Hey tenchi....I wish I had an SP like that one in your sig QUOTE]
so do I dark_alakazam so do I.

and will be geting the games because i'm the head of the pok'emon fans in south norfolk chesapeake VA.
will on the good side tracks :oh:

Powarun
24th April 2004, 02:53 PM
That gameboy advance design is supposed to come out June 7 in the states, according to IGN, but how well can you trust IGN?

tenchi
26th April 2004, 02:49 PM
That gameboy advance design is supposed to come out June 7 in the states, according to IGN, but how well can you trust IGN?
Y? trust ign:confused: :nut:when you can trust Nintendo! :love: :dead: :yum: :round: :jump: i did not know we had all these
http://www.nintendo.com/newsarticle?articleid=5c9f6ab8-fba9-4252-91cb-dea9feaaf918&page=currentNews

Saturos
7th May 2004, 01:31 PM
Who ever said it was coming out August 2nd?! That's my birthday!!!

Anyways, the Fire Red and Leaf Green (hoping it's Aqua Blue or something...) is being released SEPTEMBER 9!! Check the latest NP issue for details!

HA! Didn't I speculate that it WAS going to be released in September of this year?! Along with IGN's announcement, it isn't false either. Sept. 9 was the original release date of Pokemon Red and Blue, back in 1998. It's the apocolpyse!!

Pewter City Geodude
7th May 2004, 03:42 PM
Anyways, the Fire Red and Leaf Green (hoping it's Aqua Blue or something...) is being released SEPTEMBER 9!! Check the latest NP issue for details!

:rolleyes: It's already been confirmed for a while now that it's Leaf Green. That's common knowledge. Deal with it.

Dark Sage
7th May 2004, 06:38 PM
Strange.

When I reserved the games at GameStop, and put down my deposit, they said August 2nd.

Maybe I'll drop by and ask them again... Or the NYC Pokemon Center, if they'll even tell me...

- Venusaur

Saturos
10th May 2004, 08:48 AM
:rolleyes: It's already been confirmed for a while now that it's Leaf Green. That's common knowledge. Deal with it.

Yeah, I forgot about that. Stupid me...

Anyways, I think that I'll have to retrain all of the Pokemon on the FRLG games to meet Colosseum standards (Lv50).

That'll take a LONG while. I still haven't even raised all of my Pokemon on Ruby to Lv50... Most of them are all at Lv45, so...

Tisk tisk, I have to deal with the fact that my training is a long and slow process...

drizzt
11th May 2004, 01:34 PM
Ya its kinda stupid how u need about level 70 pokemon to beat the elite four in fr/lg and u want to compete in level 50cups. Cause i cant wait to be able to have a scizor with swords dance and Silver wind.

Also are all the gold/silver pokemon going to be fr/lg. Cause i heard a rumor that some won't be. I'll be really ticked off if they arnt :mad2:

Dark Sage
11th May 2004, 02:20 PM
A few of the Gold/Silver ones are in Fr/Lg, on the Rainbow Islands. Most of them, however, you must Snag in Colosseum and breed to get them in Fr/Lg (or R/S, for that matter).

- Venusaur

Poryhedron
11th May 2004, 02:32 PM
All 386 pokémon can be used in Ruby/Sapphire, Colloseum and Fire Red/Leaf Green. The real question is which games you'll need in order to catch or otherwise obtain the species without the aid of a Game Shark, etc.

Powarun
11th May 2004, 05:37 PM
Dang, I hope it comes in Aug really, because I just reserved my Pokemon Leaf green, instead of buying Pokemon blue. And I do think its a bit suspicious if Gamestop is taking reservations 4 months in advance.

Dark Sage
11th May 2004, 05:57 PM
According to the website run by the NYC Pokemon Center, September 8th is the release date.

I'll ask both stores (the Center was refusing to answer questions for a LONG time about it, but now that they've admitted it has been confirmed, perhaps I'll get some answers).

- Venusaur

Number1ChanseyFan
11th May 2004, 11:52 PM
By using every game, (Ruby/Sapphire, Colosseum, and Fire Red/Leaf Green) the only unobtainables would be Mew, Celebi, Lugia, and Dexoys. Lugia is on Island 8, which requires the Mytery Ticket to get to, and Deoxys is on Island 9, which requires the Aurora Ticket to get to. Celebi was only available on the Japanese Colosseum preorder disc. As for Mew, it is really unknown how to get Mew. People that have hacked into the game have found a sprite for Mew that suggests that it should be obtainable somehow. Nobody really knows if there is some sort of trick required to get Mew, or if Nintendo will have promotions that will make Mew available. Nintendo will probably have promotions in the future so that people can get the Mystery Ticket and Aurora Ticket, similar to how Nintendo did the Eon Ticket promotions for Ruby/Sapphire. If you play both Fire Red and Leaf Green, you will be able to obtain all of the original R/B/Y Pokémon. (With the possible exception of Mew.) To get some of the Pokémon, you will need to use a Ditto for breeding. As for how to obtain the G/S/C Pokémon, here is a listing of how to get them.

#152 Chikorita: Breed the Bayleef that was snagged in Colosseum.

#153 Bayleef: Snag from Mystery Troop Verde. (Colosseum)

#154 Meganium: Evolves from Bayleef.

#155 Cyndaquil: Breed the Quilava that was snagged in Colosseum.

#156 Quilava: Snag from Mystery Troop Rosso. (Colosseum)

#157 Typhlosion: Evolves from Quilava.

#158 Totodile: Breed the Croconaw that was snagged in Colosseum.

#159 Crononaw: Snag from Mystery Troop Bluno. (Colosseum)

#160 Feraligatr: Evolves from Croconaw.

#161 Sentret: Islands 5, 6, and 7, (Fire Red/Leaf Green) or by breeding the Furret that was snagged in Colosseum.

#162 Furret: Snag from Rogue Cail, (Colosseum) evolves from Sentret.

#163 Hoothoot: Breed the Noctowl that was snagged in Colosseum.

#164 Noctowl: Snag from Rider Nover, (Colosseum) evolves from Hoothoot.

#165 Ledyba: Island 6 Forest, (Fire Red/Leaf Green) or by breeding the Ledian that was snagged in Colosseum.

#166 Ledian: Snag from Cipher Peon Kloak, (Colosseum) evolves from Ledyba.

#167 Spinarak: Island 6 Forest, (Fire Red/Leaf Green) or by breeding the Ariados that was snagged in Colosseum.

#168 Ariados: Snag from Cipher Peon Lesar, (Colosseum) evolves from Spinarak.

#169 Crobat: Already obtainable in Ruby/Sapphire. Evolves from Crobat when it levels up after it has reached the necessary happiness level.

#170 Chinchou: Already obtainable in Ruby/Sapphire.

#171 Lanturn: Evolves from Chinchou, and it is already obtainable in Ruby/Sapphire.

#172 Pichu: Already obtainable in Ruby/Sapphire. Pichu is the baby form of Pikachu, and must be obtained by breeding Pikachu or Raichu.

#173 Cleffa: Cleffa is the baby form of Clefairy, and must be obtained by breeding Clefairy or Clefable.

#174 Igglybuff: Already obtainable in Ruby/Sapphire. Igglybuff is the baby form of Jigglypuff, and must be obtained by breeding Jigglypuff or Wigglytuff.

#175 Togepi: Given to you by an Old Man on Island 5, (Fire Red/Leaf Green) or by breeding the Togetic that was snagged in Colosseum.

#176 Togetic: Snag from the Shady Guy. (Colosseum) Evolves from Togepi when it levels up after reaching the necessary happiness level.

#177 Natu: Island 6, (Fire Red/Leaf Green) and it is already obtainable in Ruby/Sapphire.

#178 Xatu: Evolves from Natu, and it is obtainable in Ruby/Sapphire.

#179 Mareep: Transformation Cave, (Fire Red/Leaf Green) or by breeding the Flaaffy that was snagged in Colosseum.

#180 Flaaffy: Snagged from St. Performer Diogo. (Colosseum)

#181 Ampharos: Evolves from Flaaffy.

#182 Bellossom: Already obtainable in Ruby/Sapphire. Evolves from Gloom when a Sun Stone is used.

#183 Marill: Islands 4 and 6, (Leaf Green ONLY) and it is already obtainable in Ruby/Sapphire.

#184 Azumarill: Evolves from Marill, and it is already obtainable in Ruby/Sapphire.

#185 Sudowoodo: Snagged from Cipher Admin Miror B. (Colosseum)

#186 Politoed: Evolves from Poliwhirl when a Poliwhirl is traded while holding a King's Rock. Poliwag and Poliwhirl are found in many different places by fishing in Fire Red/Leaf Green.

#187 Hoppip: Island 5, (Fire Red/Leaf Green) or by breeding the Skiploom that was snagged in Colosseum.

#188 Skiploom: Snag from Rider Leba, (Colosseum) evolves from Hoppip.

#189 Jumpluff: Evolves from Skiploom.

#190 Aipom: Trasformation Cave, (Fire Red/Leaf Green) snag from Cipher Peon Cole. (Colosseum)

#191 Sunkern: Breed the Sunflora that was snagged from Colosseum.

#192 Sunflora: Snagged from Cipher Peon Baila. (Colosseum)

#193 Yanma: Island 6, (Fire Red/Leaf Green) snagged from Cipher Peon Nore. (Colosseum)

#194 Wooper: Island 4 and 6, (Fire Red ONLY) or by breeding the Quagsire that was snagged from Colosseum.

#195 Quagsire: Snag from Bandana Guy Divel. (Colosseum) Evolves from Wooper.

#196 Espeon: Starter Pokémon in Colosseum, evolves from Eevee.

#197 Umbreon: Starter Pokémon in Colosseum, evolves from Eevee.

#198 Murkrow: Island 5 Cave, (Fire Red ONLY) snagged from Cipher Peon Lare. (Colosseum)

#199 Slowking: Evolves from Slowpoke when a Slowpoke is traded to another game while holding a King's Rock. Slowpoke are only found in Leaf Green.

#200 Misdreavus: Island 5 Cave, (Leaf Green ONLY) or by snagging from Rider Vant. (Colosseum)

#201 Unown: Island 7 Ruins (Fire Red/Leaf Green)

#202 Wobbuffet: Unknown Dungeon, Island 6. (Fire Red/Leaf Green) Already obtainable in Ruby/Sapphire.) Evolves from Wynaut.

#203 Girafarig: Already obtainable in Ruby/Sapphire.

#204 Pineco: Transformation Cave, (Fire Red/Leaf Green) or by breeding the Forretress that was snagged in Colosseum.

#205 Forretress: Snagged from Cipher Peon Vana. (Colosseum) Evolves from Pineco.

#206 Dunsparce: Island 3, (Fire Red/Leaf Green) Snagged from Rider Sosh. (Colosseum)

#207 Gligar: Snagged from Hunter Frena. (Colosseum)

#208 Steelix: Evolves from Onix when an Onix is traded to another game while holding a Metal Coat.

#209 Snubbull: Breed the Granbull that was snagged from Colosseum.

#210 Granbull: Snagged from Cipher Peon Tanie. (Colosseum) Evolves from Snubbull.

#211 Qwilfish: Found by fishing on Islands 5, 6, and 7, (Fire Red ONLY) snag from Hunter Doken. (Colosseum)

#212 Scizor: Evolves from Scyther when a Scyther is traded to another game while holding a Metal Coat.

#213 Shuckle: Transformation Cave, (Fire Red/Leaf Green) snagged from Deep King Agnol. (Colosseum)

#214 Heracross: Island 6 Forest, (Fire Red/Leaf Green) snagged from Cipher Peon Dioge, (Colosseum) and it is already obtainable in Ruby/Sapphire.

#215 Sneasel: Island 4 Ice Cave, (Leaf Green ONLY) snagged from Rider Nelis. (Colosseum)

#216 Teddiursa: Transformation Cave, (Fire Red/Leaf Green) or by breeding the Ursaring that was snagged in Colosseum.

#217 Ursaring: Snagged from Snatch Grunt Agrev. (Colosseum) Evolves from Teddiursa.

#218 Slugma: Island 1 Cave, (Fire Red/Leaf Green) snagged from Roller Boy Lon, (Colosseum) already obtainable in Ruby/Sapphire.

#219 Magcargo: Evolves from Slugma.

#220 Swinub: Island 4 Ice Cave, (Fire Red/Leaf Green) or by breeding the Piloswine that was snagged in Colosseum.

#221 Piloswine: Snagged from Bodybuilder Lonia. (Colosseum) Evolves from Piloswine.

#222 Corsola: Obtainable in Ruby/Sapphire.

#223 Remoraid: Fish on Islands 5, 6, and 7, (Leaf Green ONLY) snagged by Miror B Peon Reath. (Colosseum)

#224 Octillery: Evolves from Remoraid.

#225 Delibird: Island 4 Ice Cave, (Fire Red ONLY) snagged from Cipher Peon Arton. (Colosseum)

#226 Mantine: Surfing on Island 7, (Leaf Green ONLY) snagged from Miror B Peon Ferma. (Colosseum)

#227 Skarmory: Island 7, (Fire Red/Leaf Green) snagged from Cipher Head Gonzap, (Colosseum) and it is already obtainable in Ruby/Sapphire.

#228 Houndour: Transformation Cave, (Fire Red/Leaf Green) or by breeding the Houndoom that was snagged in Colosseum.

#229 Houndoom: Snagged from Cipher Peon Nella. (Colosseum) Evolves from Houndour.

#230 Kingdra: Evolves from Seadra when a Seadra is traded to another game while holding a Dragon Scale. Already obtainable in Ruby/Sapphire.

#231 Phanpy: Island 7, (Fire Red/Leaf Green) already obtainable in Ruby/Sapphire.

#232 Donphan: Already obtainable in Ruby/Sapphire, evolves from Phanpy.

#233 Porygon2: Evolves from Porygon when a Porygon is traded to another game while holding an Upgrade.

#234 Stantler: Transformation Cave, (Fire Red/Leaf Green) snagged from Chaser Liaks. (Colosseum)

#235 Smeargle: Transformation Cave, (Fire Red/Leaf Green) snagged from Snatch Grunt Biden. (Colosseum)

#236 Tyrogue: Tyrogue is the baby form of Hitmonlee/HItmonchan/Hitmontop. Breed the Hitmonlee or Hitmonchan from Fire Red/Leaf Green, or the Hitmontop from Colosseum to get Tyrogue.

#237 Hitmontop: Snag from Cipher Peon Skrub, (Colosseum) evolves from Tyrogue at Level 20 if Tyrogue's Attack and Defense stats are equal to each other.

#238 Smoochum: Smoochum is the baby form of Jynx, and must be obtained by breeding Jynx.

#239 Elekid: Elekid is the baby form of Elecyabuzz, and must be obtained by breeding Electabuzz.

#240 Magby: Magby is the baby form of Magmar, and must be obtained by breeding Magmar.

#241 Miltank: Transformation Cave, (Fire Red/Leaf Green) snag from Bodybuilder Jonas. (Colosseum)

#242 Blissey: Evolves from Chansey. Chansey is only available in Fire Red/Leaf Green.

#243 Raikou: Found in the wild in Kanto after defeating the Elite 4 if the starter Pokémon that you chose was Squirtle, (Fire Red/Leaf Green) snagged from Cipher Admin Ein. (Colosseum)

#244 Entei: Found in the wild in Kanto after defeating the Elite 4 if the starter Pokémon that you chose was Bulbasaur, (Fire Red/Leaf Green) snagged from Cipher Admin Dakin. (Colosseum)

#245 Suicune: Found in the wild in Kanto after defeating the Elite 4 if the starter Pokémon that you chose was Charmander, (Fire Red/Leaf Green) snagged from Cipher Admin Venus. (Colosseum)

#246 Larvitar: Island 7, (Fire Red/Leaf Green) or by breeding the Tyranitar that was snagged from Colosseum.

#247 Pupitar: Evolves from Larvitar.

#248 Tyranitar: Snagged from Cipher Head Evice. (Colosseum) Evovles from Pupitar.

#249 Lugia: Lugia is found on Island 8, which requires a Mystery Ticket to get to. Currently unobtainable without a cheating device. (Fire Red/Leaf Green)

#250 Ho-oh: Ho-oh, like Lugia, is found on Island 8, which requires the Mystery Ticket to get to. (Fire Red/Leaf Green) Ho-oh can be obtained in Colosseum after purifying all 48 Shadow Pokémon and beating Mt. Battle in Battle Mode. (Colosseum)

#251 Celebi: Only obtainable with the Japanese Colosseum preorder bonus disc.