PDA

View Full Version : How does Eruption actually work?

Poryhedron
2nd April 2004, 04:38 PM
I've seen reports that this move's power is greater the lower your HP is, possibly like Flail or Reversal...but I had a Camerupt on my Elite Four-Bashing Team in a previous game and it seemed to me that the move got weaker as Camerupt did. Can anyone confirm this?

DarkestLight
2nd April 2004, 05:12 PM
Eruption-Gets weaker as your HP decreases.

o.O

HavoX
2nd April 2004, 05:32 PM
Whoever made those reports need to sit in the corner (with dunce caps, of course)

Anyway, DarkestLight is correct. Eruption (or Water Spout) will become weaker if your HP is lower.

So basically when you use Eruption/Water Spout and you have full HP... you might just say goodbye to your opponet in one hit http://www.quake3world.com/ubb/icons/icon14.gif

Poryhedron
2nd April 2004, 06:47 PM
Yeah, my strategy in that game was to begin each of the battles against the Elite Four with an Eruption from my fully healed Camerupt, except for Drake, where I started with Walrein and went Aurora Beam, Aurora Beam, Aurora Beam, Aurora Beam, Aurora Beam, win. Each of the other four lost their lead pokémon in one hit. I think I tended to use the last Eruption PP on Metagross...not sure, it's been a while.