Rain Dance
Weather Ball
Thunder

Golduck lvl50
Water Pulse
Confusion
Calm Mind
Psych Up

please help out this is my brothers old team so i took them but I keep dieing in the elite 4

TheParadox
3rd April 2004, 04:22 AM
Why future sight on xatu? it takes two turns and only does 80 damage i suggest return, toxic, or reflect but i dont really rate teams that much

Ferilian
3rd April 2004, 12:23 PM
It looks like you just put a bunch or random moves on these guys, ignoring STAB and strategy. I mean, your Rhydon with a great attack has one bug physical attack and thats it!

Rhydon (Rock Head)
~Earthquake
~Rock Slide
~Swords Dance/Curse
~Roar/Double Edge/Take Down (if I'm wrong about double edge)

This is much much better than your previous set. Rhydon has absolutely no reason to learn Fire Blast. That would only help against ice and grass types; even though most ice types are part water and you had megahorn for grasses. This set will be much better, especially since you have no hazer/phazer. And it makes use of his great attack and stabbed physical moves!

Xatu
Phychic
Future Sight
Confuse Ray
Wish

Drop it. There are much better psychic types, and your team has a whopping 4x weakness to ice! Replace it with a special sweeper Gardevoir or Alakazam.

Altaria
Dragon Claw/Fly/Sing
Dragon Dance/Agility/Haze/Refresh
Perish Song
Protect

I haven't seen many Altarias around, but it seems to work. Drop sky attack thought, it really sucks. If you want to stall well for perish song, put protect over safegaurd, and fly if you want over sky attack. Otherwise, do Dragon Claw if you want an attack, or sing for annoyance. If you do sing, drop D-dance for Agility, Haze, or even Refresh. Pretty much an filler.

Bellossom
Solarbeam
Sleep Powder
Petal Dance
Safeguard

Drop this guy too. And NEVER have solar beam without sunny day, which would kinda hurt some others on your team. Maybe replace him with a fire type. I had to do the same with my team. I'd suggest the OU Blaziken if you can, or maybe a tanking Torkoal.

Castform
~Rest
Rain Dance
Weather Ball
Thunder

Ok, this is pretty good, but I'd put Chesto Rest over Ice Beam. He just doesn't have the staying power.

Golduck
~Surf/Hydro Pump
~Ice Beam
Calm Mind
~Psychic/Rest

Water Pulse sucks (even though I use it on some of my pokeys :D), at least on this guy. With calm mind, he is a GREAT non-00ber special sweeping water type! So make use of that with strong special attacks, not one crappy water attack.

I think that's better. If you want movesets for the replacements I suggested, PM me.