PDA

View Full Version : =It's been a long time, but I'm back for another rating! Rate my Water Theme Team!=

Pharod, Wearer of Gandalf Hats
5th April 2004, 07:57 AM
Hey everyone, it's been a long time! Need another rating for my water theme team. You see, a lot of my friends and I have agreed to start making theme teams, so I decided to start a water team. :P

I did my best to get rid of the electric and grass weakness, and I think that it worked out pretty good. So here we go! Could you guys give me some good advice and EV? I was kinda lazy so I kinda forgot the EV thing. :S Just recommend some EV, thank you!

[EDIT]: Images don't seem to work, so I'll just put their names here instead.

Lanturn
Nature: Modest(+ Spcl Atck –Atck)
Ability: Volt Absorb
Attacks: Thunderbolt, Thunderwave, Surf, Icebeam/CR
Function: VS Electric
Explanation:
He comes in when the opponent wants to use an Electric move. He’ll absorb it, and heal itself with the attack. It’s also the status effecter of the team. A Thunderwave can be really a pain in the ass, especially when Swampert comes to clean up a bit. Still doubting about the last move. Should I go with Icebeam for Thunderbeaming, or with Confuse Ray for some more annoyance?

Kingdra
Nature: Calm (+Spcl. Def -Atck)
Ability: Swift Swim
Attacks: Surf, Icebeam, Raindance, Rest
Function: VS Grass/Electric
Explanation:
A major duh, why this Pokémon made it into the team. He is really resistant to a lot of types, although it’s only weakness is Dragon. It’ll start with Raindance, helping out the rest of the team, but also to boost it’s Speed a lot. This makes him quite the fighter. After attacking a lot of times, it’ll rest up, and continue to attack. + Special Defence to make it a bit tougher to handle.

Ludicolo
Nature: Bold (+Def – Atck)
Ability: Rain Dish
Attacks: Gigadrain, Icebeam, Leechseed, Raindance
Function: VS Grass/Electric
Explanation:
My annoyer and vampire of the team. Just Raindance, yet again to help the team. Then Leechseed the opponent making it recover even more HP, then I’ll just Gigadrain the opponent. Icebeam again Grass types and stuff.

Swampert
Nature: Adament (+Atck –Spcl. Atck)
Ability: Torrent
Attacks: Earthquake, Rockslide, Curse, Rest
Function: VS Electric
Explanation:
My electric fighter. Curse to power up. It can learn Rockslide in Fire Red and Leaf Green by using the Move tutor, so it pretty owns along with Earthquake. After cursing and attacking, Rest up, and it’s ready to go.

Gyarados
Nature: Adament (+Atck –Spcl. Atck)
Ability: Intimidate
Attacks: Earthquake, Torment, Dragon Dance, Double-Edge
Function: VS Ground
Explanation:
It’s pretty good. It also lowers my Grass weakness in the team as well as the Ground weakness. Dragon Dance to power up. Torment against Electric attacks, which may come in handy, this makes the opponent weak in the next turn, allowing me to use Dragon Dance or offensive moves like Earthquake and Double-Edge (which he learns in Fire Red and Leaf Green by using the Move Tutor.) He works very well with Lanturn, because most people want to use an Electric move against this guy, so I quickly switch to Lanturn while the opponent wants use Thunderbolt. This may recover a lot of HP.

Tentacruel
Nature: Modest (+ Spcl Atck –Atck)
Ability: Clear Body
Attacks: Surf, Icebeam, Barrier, Rest
Function: VS Grass
Explanation:
This guy is pretty good because it also lowers the Grass weakness in my team. It powers up with Barrier to protect itself against Ground attacks, Rest up, then go on the offensive with Surf and Icebeam, ripping Grass Pokémon to shreds.

So I got 2 Pokémon that are weak against Electric and 2 that are weak against Grass, so I think that fighting the weakness actually worked out here. :P

5th April 2004, 12:19 PM
Posted this in the morning, so I'll just bump. :P

7th April 2004, 02:21 AM
Uhmm, I posted this like a couple of days ago, please rate it okay?

Shuckle
7th April 2004, 05:46 AM
Water pkmn aren't my speciality at all but a few quick comments any way (at least it'll keep it bumped ;) ).

Lanturn -

I'd go confuse ray.

Kingdra -

Good, pitty no dragon attack on there but fair enough.

Ludicolo -

Good, standard set.

Starting to see too many ice beams though.

Swampert -

FR/LG Move tutor? I'd still prefer surf over rock slide but considering this is a water team fair enough.

Gyarados -

You sure you want double-edge? If it's a backup maybe flail?

Tentacruel -

Oh look another ice beam! Yeah fair enough for fighting grass etc

When i make teams i don't make one pkmn to fight specific other pkmn i spread the capabilities out more through out the team. If this way of creating a team works for you then fair enough.

8th April 2004, 04:53 PM
The reason for Icebeam is really agains the team's weaknesses, but you might be right, should I change a few moves then? Like Dragonbreath on Kingdra and stuff like that?