PDA

View Full Version : coolest-looking Poke in Colliseum

pimuni
5th April 2004, 10:40 PM
I think the best looking pokemon in Colliseum is Camerupt. I mean it looks so cool (heavy and buff), plus its voice sounds realistic. I also like those big teeth it has, lol. Also, I think it has the best graphics out of all the pokes.'

The most realistic looking poke is Zigzagoon. Those movements make it look like a realistic squirrel-thing. Or whatever it is, lol.

Post ur opinion on the best looking and most realistic pokes. :yes:

Saturos
6th April 2004, 06:19 PM
I don't think this is the "best" looking Pokemon, but I definitely love Sableye. The way it grins is creepy, yet funny to watch. Plus, it looks like Stitch (Lilo & Stitch) when it smiles. :evil: + :laugh:

Scythemantis
6th April 2004, 06:24 PM
Not sure about the overall coolest, but it's nice to see how they move and act. I LOVE Sableye's reaction to getting hit...what a cool little guy. I like how duskull and dusclops "crumple" when they faint and banette's mouth unzips. I only rented the game and didn't get to see a whole lot of pokemon...what other such unusual details are there?

BlueEyesPikachu
6th April 2004, 06:35 PM
Along with the ones stated above, I love when Gulpin faints. It opens it's mouth really wide and it's hilarious.

Saturos
6th April 2004, 06:35 PM
Well, "Zigzagoon" name emplies, it actually comes back to its sitting spot (after being attacked and hit) in a zig-zag run.

I also love how Swampert uses Muddy Water and Surf. It looks like it's "taking a load off" :lol:

I haven't used any other Pokemon during battle, except for my team:

Blaziken
Sceptile
Swampert
Salamence
Groudon
Tyranitar

During only through Mt. Battle in Battle mode. All my other Pokemon are almost or at Lv45 in my Ruby.

have a stammer
6th April 2004, 09:31 PM
Definitely grovyle and medicham. Grovyle does his awesome flips as it gets sent backwards, and medicham looks great as he slides back after a hit then does his flips to return. on a side note some one of the oddest "fainting" animation goes to Zangoose or Sableye , although Sableye looks good when he returns from a hit with a grin, when he faints it looks like he has a massive headache and zangoose looks as though it is having a heart attack clutching it's chest with one claw and stumbling forward as it reaches out with the other claw. Of course there are numerous others with odd faint or hit animtaion (Kirlia,Exploud) but i though it better to keep it short.

pimuni
6th April 2004, 11:49 PM
lmao, Slaking looks like if it is having a heart attack too, when it faints. :lol:
Maybe more like a stroke. Grabs his head and strats twitching. lol

Poryhedron
7th April 2004, 02:26 AM
Does Alakazam still do that hit reaction where it lands on its back, rolls onto its side, and instead of getting up, hovers into the air in that reclining pose, moves forward by "walking" its fingers in the air, and only then rights itself? I loved that.

...mind you, I do have the game...and some day I may even get around to playing it. :sweatdrop

soggy_cardboard
7th April 2004, 05:57 AM
What does Spinda do when he faints?

pimuni
7th April 2004, 10:55 AM
Yes, Alakazam and all the 251 pokemon (National Dex) are copies of their n64 counterparts. That is kinda cheap. Its another reason why the R/S new pokes are probably better looking, since they were newly made and not copied. They all have the same reactions, attack, and faint animations. But the attacks themselves are different looking.

Soggy, I dont remember much Spinda's faint, but i think it starts walking around in mini circles, and then tumbles backwards. And if u thought Spinda's looked drunk in R/S, in Colliseum it looks like its under the green stuff, lol. Really dizzy.

Lezta
7th April 2004, 11:05 AM
They all look like ****. Seriously. It would not have been hard to make new models for them all that actually make use of the Gamecube's power.

*sighs*

Dark Sage
7th April 2004, 04:24 PM
Yes, some of the pokemon put on humerous displays when they faint:

Jigglypuff: Deflates like a balloon, and floats to the ground before vanishing.

Kirila: Takes a bow and throws up her arms before collapsing and vanishing.

Kadabra: Falls on his duff, throws his spoon into the air, which then hits him on the head.

Vileplume: Wilts into a heap before vanishing.

There are a lot more, but I can't remember them.

- Venusaur

Don't Run With Scizors
7th April 2004, 04:27 PM
Porygon disassembles itself when it faints. Jynx also vanishes, leaving only her hair.

Out of all the models I've seen so far, Lunatone has really grabbed my attention. That moving around while floating is really hypnotic.

ShockingAlberto
7th April 2004, 04:59 PM
Lunatone and Solrock are really creepy.

Absol looks really badass, though. He's a lot hairier than in the anime.

-- ShockingAlberto

AndrewPDes
7th April 2004, 06:12 PM
Spinda looks awsome, I love the way he rolls backwards and stumbles forwards when he's been hit. Medicham is the man with all that crazy fliping and twisting, and Sableye is insanely cool with that devilish grin of his.

Poryhedron
7th April 2004, 07:23 PM
A friend of mine saw how Jynx collapses into her hair, and noticed that the hair actually twitches just before disappearing. He concluded that the hair is the pokémon's true form and that the rest of Jynx's body is just a psychic construct. I think he's nuts, but I have plenty of evidence of that regardless.

Dark Sage
7th April 2004, 07:27 PM
I think he's nuts too. That's the silliest idea I've ever heard.

Incidentally, Jynx is in this game? I thought that there were no Kanto-only pokemon in it (unless you count evolved forms like Blissey and Steelix).

What trainer has a Jynx?

- Venusaur

Poryhedron
7th April 2004, 07:56 PM
Actually, I was referring to the old games. Everyone else was copied exactly from Stadium 2, so it's safe to assume for the ones not yet legal.

Sir Chris
7th April 2004, 10:06 PM
I like heracross the best, he can do no wrong imo, and this game is no different.

Remy
7th April 2004, 11:00 PM
Best looking? I've always loved Mewtwo. He reminds me of how slick and cool M. Bison seemed to be.

Dark Sage
7th April 2004, 11:03 PM
Oookay, I can honestly say that this is the first time anyone has compared a pokemon to a Street Fighter character.

- Venusaur

Remy
7th April 2004, 11:08 PM
Oookay, I can honestly say that this is the first time anyone has compared a pokemon to a Street Fighter character.

- Venusaur

Well they're both very angry individuals, but that I think about it, Magneto seems to fit a better profile since both Mewtwo and Magneto wanted to wipe out the human race. Plus they Both start with "M"... then again so does M. Bison.... :nut:

Nace
7th April 2004, 11:17 PM
Mewtwo always reminded me of DBZ both in the fact he keeps doing his kamehameha thing and the fact he's coloured like Frieza...

Dark Sage
7th April 2004, 11:19 PM
Well, a comparison to Frieza I can understand...

- Venusaur

pimuni
7th April 2004, 11:23 PM
Makuhita reminds me of Majin Buu.... :nut:

Linc
8th April 2004, 08:50 AM
:pokegb2: blaziken reminds me of goku the way he moves and everything

ShockingAlberto
8th April 2004, 09:39 AM
:pokegb2: blaziken reminds me of goku the way he moves and everything

And the fact that he uses the same stances for everything? Yup, that's Goku all over.

-- ShockingAlberto

Rambunctious Jamirus
8th April 2004, 08:50 PM
I'd have to break it into groups...

Best Return after being Hit: Sableye. Can't deny that grin and the flashing eyes. Looks like Stitch as many people said.
Best Faint: Kadabra. Hits itself in the head with its spoon :D
Strangest/Creepiest Faint: Gulpin/Swalot. Opens it mouth wide and just looks plain scary.
Strangest/Creepiest Attacking Stance: Gulpin/Swalot again. Opens its mouth and spits out the attack, making it look just plain scary.
Funniest Attack: Jumpluff. Rubs its little 'cotton balls' together and thens throws its arms into the air, making it look very much like a cheerleader.

I'll probably edit in more soon...maybe.

Rekkuza
9th April 2004, 05:53 AM
Though the old Pokemon look dated because they didn't redo the models, some of the new ones look awesome, like Groudon and Kyogre (I love the way Kyogre moves, its so slow and ominous).

Kojiro
12th April 2004, 08:32 AM
Kirilia rocks with it's ballet, but Roselia is cool also. When she get's hit she does a very prissy look. Zangoose looks cool in his normal pose, but when he faitns he looks like a baby about to cry. The Medi's are awesome with the walking on hands and flips, and I love the way Granbull opens it mouth hugely in disbelief when it faints.

Also anyone notice that Geodude looks like he's cussing when he faints, I love that!

PremierBall
13th April 2004, 06:40 PM
I was dissapointed to find out they used all the old models from the previous games....I was hoping they would fix up Charizard.....it just doesnt look as baddass as he should, with that skinny neck and dorky thin face.....*Sigh*

Moonlight Espeon
13th April 2004, 06:52 PM
I think I'll break it up into groups too.

Best-looking Pokemon: I like Shuppet. Its eyes are crystal blue. It does look freaky, but it's cool too.
Best Faint: Gulpin. It opens its mouth really wide and looks really hilarious.
Best reaction to an attack: Shroomish.
Best attack: Kadabra. It spins around really fast and releases its attack directly after its spin which looks cool.

AKA Pokemon Fan
15th April 2004, 01:07 PM
They all look like ****. Seriously. It would not have been hard to make new models for them all that actually make use of the Gamecube's power.

*sighs*
Pokemon aren't the most detailed of characters of appearence. I think they did pretty good on most of them.

I have to disagree that all the old Pokemon have the same movements. If I recall right Magneton fell apart in the old games when it fainted, screws flying and all, but it no longer does. Also, Porygon2 appears to have had its colors and movements redone a bit.

For favorites here's some of mine (of ones I've seen so far and recall now), all of them are good looking but each gets it's place for its most dominant feature:

Most expressive/quirky/unique:
Sableye. It's twitchy, jerky movements, maniacal expressions and such make it a wonder to watch and makes you wish you couldn't faint most of them so easily.
Roselia. They may be a male and female species but the game animations are quite feminine. Roselia, despite its tiny face, gets some of the best expression animation. She really looks, as noted in another post, prissy after getting hit as she walks back, hands on hips, with an angry expression. Again, it's too bad you can usually knock her out with one or two hits.
Goldeen. When using Attract she does this incredibly well-done animation of putting her fins on her face and looking very endearing.

Funniest:
Togepi. It's sad but hilarious to watch it start to cry as it faints, then run away only to fall down and faint before being returned to its ball. Poor sweet baby. :lol:
Granbull. It doesn't seem to recognize that it is fainting, performing half-hearted punches even as it falls.
Gulpin: Need I say more?

Coolest looking:
Medicham: Its flips and meditating behavior were done very well.
Tropius. I was very happy to finally find out what its whole body looked like. Till then I wasn't sure if it had a pair of leaves on each side of its body or if it had only one pair (the wings) and another that was like a tail. Now I know it is the former. Its Fly animation looks great as well.
Linoone: It's movements knocked this Pokemon up several notches in my book of favorites. It really reminds me of the movements of a heavy bodied weasel like the wolverine and look very real even though Linoone is supposed to be more of a Raccoon Dog (also known in mythology as Tanuki). Many Pokemon animations don't seem to get across the impression that the Pokemon's body has weight and depth to it but this one did.
Lairon: Much like Linoone, it's movements were very well done. I haven't seen Aggron yet but I bet it is similar.
Banette: One of the most menacing looking Pokemon, I loved its look and animations.
Crawdaunt: Also does well looking menacing and expressive.
Ninetales: Still beauitul and full of elegance and grace, even if its animation isn't quite up to par.
Mightyena: Very good and solid built and the movements look real.
Grovyle: Very vool flips, it's too bad they didn't have the equally agile Sceptile do anything similar as far as I could tell.
Cradily: Just plain cool movements and look. I can't explain it much more than that.
Scizor: See above.
Ariados: See above.
Salamence. The best looking of the dragons I've seen so far in the game. Very menacing.

And many others I can't recall specifcally at the moment.

Notable entries (due to looks, neat animations and such) :
Torkoal. It looks great how it brings its head into its shell when it gets hit.
Kirlia. It's "death" scene is a masterful performance worthy of the skilled ballet dancer.
Armaldo: I never imagined its tail being so flexible but I love the look.
Wailord: It's size and movements were well-represented for a creature that from its sprite looks quite plain and solid.

Worst looking Pokemon:
Flygon. I love the Pokemon but it's awful how they made such a cool creature only look sub-par in this game! The tail is too short, the head is too big, the "eyes-inside-the-compund-eyes" are too small, and the finger's claws are too small. :mad2: The anime version is 10x better looking, even the sprite looks better.

Best looking attacks:
I absolutely love Dragonbreath and Flamethrower's new animation. :love2: :yes:
Quick Attack and Faint Attack also look very good.
Oh, and Megahorn. It's new animation, featuring a force wave and horn surgign with power, is about 10x better than the generic "drill" effect used in the stadium games.

Worst looking attacks:
Leaf Blade could have been done better I think. I much prefer the anime version.
While the new Sky Attack animation looks interesting, I much prefer the actual "firebird" we saw in the earlier versions.

Though overall I haven't seen enough attacks to get a really good idea of all their looks. :sweat4: