PDA

View Full Version : In-Game Team Needs Some Advice

Shuckle
6th April 2004, 06:28 AM
Hi, just a quick few opinions if you could?

Thanks

(This 'Team' is really just a selection of pkmn to pick from for in-game battle tower purposes.)

(Please try your best to refrain from mentioning - 'Return', 'Brick Break', using more than 2 left overs.)

Slaking
Adamant
@Leftovers / Silk Scarf
- Hyper Beam
- Shadow Ball
- Yawn
- Slack Off

Nope Earthquake is saved for Metagross.

Shadow Ball for ghosts, yawn to force switch or otherwise annoy, Slack Off combats enemy using 'protect' ( protect 10pp Vs slack off 10pp).

Castform
Modest
@Quick Claw
- Weather Ball
- Rain Dance
- Sunny Day
- Hail

Yes, yes i know 'Weather Ball', 'Thunder', 'Rain Dance', 'Hail' would be a better move set but I'm sticking with the 'traditional Castform'.

Dusclops
Careful / Impish ?
@ Leftovers / Chesto
- Mean Look / Rest
- Will O' Wisp
- Confuse Ray
- Nightshade

Hmm... having some problems with him... i think the main issue is whether to give him the 'Rest' TM or save it for Metagross - some advice would be good.

Breloom
Adamant
@ Blackbelt ?
- Focus Punch
- Spore
- Leech Seed
- Mach Punch / Bulk Up

This is difficult - 'Focus Punch' can be used 20 times... do I use the strategy of using 'Bulk Up' two times and always try for a 1 hit KO (with 'focus punch') OR leave 'Bulk Up' and have 'Mach Punch' for when Focus Punch runs out (or for when spore doesn't affect the enemy pkmn)?

Leech Seed is too good not to include - sorry.

Chimecho
Modest
@ Twisted Spoon ?
- Dream Eater
- Yawn
- Shockwave / Protect
- Heal Bell

Protect for the turn after using Yawn Vs. a back up attack for when Yawn runs out (plus shockwave gives me an electric attack)?

Metagross
Adamant
@ Metal Coat
- Meteor Mash
- Eartquake
- Light Screen / Psychic
- Rest / Agility

Man this guy is a problem... Who gets the 'Rest' TM him or Dusclops?

Light Screen Vs Agility debate - I just think that when you use agility you are basically wasting a move (or 3 to max speed) trying to improve Metagross' slow speed when you could be defending against Special attacks and attacking with STAB Meteor Mash.

Green_Pikachu
6th April 2004, 12:31 PM
go rest on dusclops. i don't really like castform in general, but i guess that's a good set. team looks fine for in-game. slaking is one of my favorites.

Shuckle
6th April 2004, 01:02 PM
Thanks for replying man, Castform is just for the fun of it (like my GS Lv100 Shuckle ;) ).

Fancy elaborating on why 'Rest' for Dusclops?

Cheers

phaedrus
6th April 2004, 04:37 PM
1 word: tankage.

the rest of the team looks great. protect, agility on the pokes that you wondered about.

Shuckle
6th April 2004, 05:17 PM
Yeah protect will probably save the little fellows life...

Agility? Hmm... give Dusclops the Rest TM? I suppose his HP is fairly low.

I'm still a bit concerned about Breloom, perhaps i might have to consider removing Leech Seed? I dunno... quick (or lengthy ;) ) suggestions would be appreciated. :)

phaedrus
6th April 2004, 05:55 PM
you can keep seed. i would go with machpunch if you use seed. if you don't keep seed, then ysour mosg obvious move would be to put bulkup on top of seed and use machpunch.

Green_Pikachu
7th April 2004, 01:25 PM
to be honest, mach punch and leech seed won't be used much for in-game. i'm assuming you're just sporing and focus punching everything to oblivion. mach punch makes for a nice clean-up move, if focus punch only cripples them.

Shuckle
7th April 2004, 02:21 PM
to be honest, mach punch and leech seed won't be used much for in-game.

Well... yeah... i take your point but let me explain -

A: While it's in game i still fancy a good move set.

B: In Battle Tower I presume i may run out of PPs for moves eventually (or pkmn) so i may be forced to fall back on secondary strategies 'Spore-Focus' becomes 'Leech-Mach' etc.

However point A takes presidence so i take it you think 'Bulk Up' over 'Leech Seed'?