PDA

View Full Version : Moveset for Pikachu!

theniceguydk
6th April 2004, 07:36 AM
Hi..
I need a moveset for my Pikachu.. Help me please.

Loupeitak
6th April 2004, 07:44 AM
Pikachu @ light ball

Thunder wave
Thunderbolt
HP water
Something

Whisper in the Wind
6th April 2004, 09:29 AM
Pikachu@Light Ball

Rain Dance
Thunder
HP Water
Thunder Wave/Sweet Kiss/Agiltity (If you expect hi mto be up against Kyogre)

Shuckle
6th April 2004, 11:06 AM
I presume i'm right in thinking that Light Ball really does only work for Pikachu and NOT any of his other evolutions?

Tallest_Los
6th April 2004, 11:39 AM
You're correct there. ^_^

phaedrus
6th April 2004, 12:11 PM
1. lightball 'chu has the best sp.atk in the game.
2. this should be in the regular forum.

pikachu@lightball
raindance
thunder
surf/hp-water
relfect/filler
(modest)

pikachu@leftovers
thunderwave
attract
sweetkiss
headbutt
(jolly)

pikachu@lightball
thunderwave
thunderbolt
surf/hp-water
filler
(modest)

4. happydayz
5. repeat steps 1-4.
6. man i wish there was a way pika could surf in r/s...... =(

:oh:

Don't Run With Scizors
6th April 2004, 12:25 PM
Go for Thunderbolt, HP Grass/Ice, Encore, and Protect.

Remy
6th April 2004, 01:19 PM
Go for Thunderbolt, HP Grass/Ice, Encore, and Protect.
Out of curiosity, why Encore and Protect?

Shuckle
6th April 2004, 01:20 PM
You're correct there. ^_^

Good! :P

6. man i wish there was a way pika could surf in r/s...... =(

Me too but he'd be way to good then wouldn't he...

hp-water

That will be boosted by 'Rain Dance' wont it?

I know it should but because its 'Hidden Power' i'm just checking it isnt bugged.

Remy
6th April 2004, 01:21 PM
Good! :P

Me too but he'd be way to good then wouldn't he...

That will be boosted by 'Rain Dance' wont it?

I know it should but because its 'Hidden Power' i'm just checking it isnt bugged.
Pika had surf in G/S and Light Ball was available there, he still wasn't "way to good" then. I think Nintendo should bring back the surfboard.

Shuckle
6th April 2004, 01:29 PM
Pika had surf in G/S and Light Ball was available there, he still wasn't "way to good" then. I think Nintendo should bring back the surfboard.

True but the light ball was rare because you had to trade the Pikachu you started with from Yellow to get it.

Hidden Power is so labour intensive - you have to find a pikachu, then with the right nature THEN find one with the right IVs for hp-water...

Is there anything that could replace hp-water?

Remy
6th April 2004, 01:31 PM
True true. But it's just as rare when you need to capture many Pikachu's from Safari zone to obtain it.

Shuckle
6th April 2004, 01:34 PM
Not really because you're 99.9% garunteed in getting the light ball in RS's Safari Zone if you spend long enough BUT if you didn't own PKMN Yellow you'd be 100% stuffed while playing GS.

Remy
6th April 2004, 01:37 PM
Not really because you're 99.9% garunteed in getting the light ball in RS's Safari Zone if you spend long enough BUT if you didn't own PKMN Yellow you'd be 100% stuffed while playing GS.
Well, you don't need to own yellow version when you can simply rent the game itself. That will definitely guarantee you 100% of obtaining Light Ball in GS.

Shuckle
6th April 2004, 01:40 PM
Well, its arguable whether having to go to the trouble of having to 'rent' a game simply to get an item is more or less effort than spending an 5-60 mins in the safari zone in R&S.

Personally i'd say it was more trouble.

Remy
6th April 2004, 01:42 PM
But my point is, Nintendo should give Pika back his surfboard.

Shuckle
6th April 2004, 01:48 PM
If they did i'd be tempted to use him in my team. :)

Remy
6th April 2004, 04:48 PM
Agreed. :)

Team Paradox Leader
6th April 2004, 06:28 PM
I still have pika that knows surf from gs but he sucks and is not worth having in a team, but thats just me and I suck at making teams or even movesets for a person

rinku
6th April 2004, 07:08 PM
If you've found a Light Ball Pikachu in less than 3-4 hours Safari work you are very very lucky. Only a 5% chance of a 'chu in the first place, and a very low chance of one of them having a Light Ball (took me more than 50 captures).

phaedrus
6th April 2004, 07:13 PM
If you've found a Light Ball Pikachu in less than 3-4 hours Safari work you are very very lucky. Only a 5% chance of a 'chu in the first place, and a very low chance of one of them having a Light Ball (took me more than 50 captures).

Acro Bike makes it easier. The hops check for encounters, not steps. saves time and money. =D

Whisper in the Wind
6th April 2004, 07:23 PM
I got a light Ball chu on my 3rd catch :P And my 1st Horsea had a Dragon Scale. I'm very lucky lol .Yo ushould see my shiny's

phaedrus
6th April 2004, 08:28 PM
man....

i think i'm gonna go ahead, get a pikachu, shark surf onto it just to scare the crap out of my friends that i might battle soon =D

why? b/c i'm :k-rad: !

hahaha

Poryhedron
7th April 2004, 02:39 AM
Hidden Power is so labour intensive - you have to find a pikachu, then with the right nature THEN find one with the right IVs for hp-water...

Is there anything that could replace hp-water?
Well, HP-Ice or HP-Grass would be just as good, unless Rain Dance really does boost HP-Water. The idea here is to have an attack that can spank Ground-types. Three acceptable types should make Hidden Power a wee bit less of a chore. (Actually, I'd tend to recommend Ice over Water or Grass, since Ice is super-effective against everything Electric is sub-par on, with the sole exception of your fellow Electric-types, which it at least does standard damage to. Water and Grass are both weak against Grass-types and Dragon-types.)

Shuckle
7th April 2004, 04:54 AM

5% chance to encounter a Pikachu? Wow i must be very lucky when i'm in the safari zone.

Well, HP-Ice or HP-Grass would be just as good, unless Rain Dance really does boost HP-Water.

You mean it's possible that rain dance doesn't boost hp-water?

I also found out that not only the type of attack depends on the the IVs of the PKMN but also the strength of the hidden power attack which can range from 30-70 base strength. :(

theniceguydk
7th April 2004, 06:02 AM
Hi again.
I just caught a new Pikachu, and guess what! This is my 2nd Pika, and it was holding Light Ball and had HP Water :)

My 2nd Bagon had Dragon Scale as well.. I guess Im lucky :)

But.. I need a last move for Pika:

Pikachu @ Light Ball
Thunderbolt
Thunder Wave
HP Water
???

Shuckle
7th April 2004, 06:25 AM
I just caught a new Pikachu, and guess what! This is my 2nd Pika, and it was holding Light Ball and had HP Water :)

Nice! But did it have the nature you wanted?

I'd be tempted to try for one but there's to many variables - pikachu, male, nature, attack type of hp, attack power of hp, and then you have to find a light ball - it'd take forever.

theniceguydk
7th April 2004, 06:30 AM
It has a Hardy Nature.. I'll keep it.. dont want to find a new with HP Water again. - And its a male :D

Shuckle
7th April 2004, 06:49 AM
Hardy? Yeah i'd keep it too - you were lucky getting that nature it could have been a lot worse.

Mind you all considering your very lucky in general...

theniceguydk
7th April 2004, 06:58 AM
Hehe, yeah :P

But.. a 4th move? Maybe Return? Or.. I dont know :P

Shuckle
7th April 2004, 07:34 AM
Pikachu @ Light Ball
Thunderbolt
Thunder Wave
HP Water
???

You mean you managed to get a hp-water pikachu and you're not giving him rain dance?

Pikachu @ Light Ball
~Thunder
~Rain Dance
~Hp-Water
~Thunder bolt / Wave

theniceguydk
7th April 2004, 07:43 AM
Thanks! :)

I'll use:

Pikachu @ Light Ball
Thunder
Thunder Wave
HP Water
Rain Dance

Thunder always hit with Rain Dance, right?

Sir Chris
7th April 2004, 08:12 AM
correct, it does.

eh... personally I think that set is fine, however, I do not think pikachu is worth using in r/s. surf was good, hp water is "meh" and its speed is NOT impressive. anything it can do jolteon can do basically better

also, just so ya know, I don't think this belongs in the final team rating place. just for future arangements

Shuckle
7th April 2004, 10:37 AM
I do not think pikachu is worth using in r/s.

While your opinion is as valid as any I doubt any of us would be discussing Pikachu if we didn't personally feel pikachu 'was worth using in r/s'.

Just how we calculate worth compared to you of course may well differ.

anything it can do jolteon can do basically better

Just a second first you state how you feel Pikachu isn't worth it in R/S but then in the same breath compare it to a pkmn that isn't even obtainable in R/S...

Sir Chris
7th April 2004, 10:44 AM
I calculate worth in stats and movepool.

also, online I play 386. which means any pokemon. frlg is a point of the r/s metagame, ;/. So the standard online is jolteon, as it should be :P

theniceguydk
7th April 2004, 11:28 AM
I think Pikachu is cute - Thats why I use him.. I've always had a Pikachu/Raichu.
Btw, do You think that I should evovle my Pikachu to a Raichu? It got Light Ball, but it only works on Pika.
Should I give Raichu Magnet to hold?

Sir Chris
7th April 2004, 11:37 AM
If you are going to use one of them you ight as well use pikachu, magnet in no way really makes up for the special attack loss. If you use him because you like him more power to you.

theniceguydk
7th April 2004, 11:44 AM
Okay.. I'll just EV train his Defense and Sp Defense then..

phaedrus
7th April 2004, 11:45 AM
if rd puts a + on hp-water, put thunder over thunderbolt and put rain dance in the last slot. body slam or return for the last spot if hp-water doesn't get rd boost.

Sir Chris
7th April 2004, 12:05 PM
putting anything into his defenses is COMPLETE and UTTER waste. put everything you can into special attack and speed

a slow pikachu is a VERY dead pikachu.

theniceguydk
7th April 2004, 12:07 PM
Okay okay.. I'll put it on Speed then..

Shuckle
7th April 2004, 01:17 PM
I calculate worth in stats and movepool.

I do to except i also take into account the appearance of the pokemon.

It's like the move 'Return' I never use this because the name is uninspiring despite it being a popular TM.

also, online I play 386. which means any pokemon. frlg is a point of the r/s metagame, ;/. So the standard online is jolteon, as it should be :P

This is the pkmn RS forum not the 386 online pkmn forum - it's not unreasonable to expect people to realise this.

This isn't an attack as i don't think there is a forum for 386 online play (and there should be for those like yourself) so you are forced to come here but please remember the name of the board when offering advice.

Remy
7th April 2004, 01:22 PM
I do to except i also take into account the appearance of the pokemon.

It's like the move 'Return' I never use this because the name is uninspiring despite it being a popular TM.

This is the pkmn RS forum not the 386 online pkmn forum - it's not unreasonable to expect people to realise this.

This isn't an attack as i don't think there is a forum for 386 online play (and there should be for those like yourself) so you are forced to come here but please remember the name of the board when offering advice.

I think this thread is getting a bit off topic. Pikachu needs Light Ball to give it that "umph" in battle. Without it, Pikachu isn't a very good candidate in your team. So as mentioned earlier, Pikachu is there to hit hard and fast. So increase Sp. Att and Speed for EVs.

Sir Chris
7th April 2004, 04:07 PM
Look. You have to realize something. There are two types of r/s, k? One is the in game aspect, and its called 200 or 202. now, on another side, there is the online game of 386, and it is still r/s, only expanded. Now, what you must learn... is that both belong in this forum.

also pikachu needs to be timid to be effective imo o=

Shuckle
7th April 2004, 04:56 PM
and it is still r/s, only expanded.

No R&S is a game for the gameboy advance and currently has limited pkmn.

The online modification using R&S rules belongs in the 'other pokemon games' forum as it is not specifically Pokemon R&S for the GBA.

That is whole point for having differing forums - to avoid this confusion.

Sir Chris
7th April 2004, 05:06 PM
TheCrownedKnight: Suzie
LittlePikachuTPM: Chris
TheCrownedKnight: Can I give out and discuss the 386 pokemon meta game in the r/s forum?
LittlePikachuTPM: Is it illegal?
TheCrownedKnight: 386 meta game is what is played on the bots, all online play is 386. it uses all of the pokemon, even those not found in the r/s carts. But it follows the same design as r/s and has the same rules..
TheCrownedKnight: so, whatcha think? :p
LittlePikachuTPM: I think that's ok... But you know better than me
TheCrownedKnight: Yah, and I agree with you.
TheCrownedKnight: but "shuckle" is trying to tell me different
TheCrownedKnight: so I decided to go to the admin :P
TheCrownedKnight: since he didn't believe me
TheCrownedKnight: thanks

gg

Shuckle
7th April 2004, 05:38 PM
LittlePikachuTPM: I think that's ok... But you know better than me

Just because you can exert your influence over the admin for your own ends as the quote shows doesn't make my point any less true.

The original intent of the forum divide remains the same whether or not you then subsequently choose to change them by flexing your influence with the admin.

The situation amounts too you breaking the rules of a game me pointing out that you have then you going and changing the rules AFTER you have broken and claiming you right all a long.

Sir Chris
7th April 2004, 05:40 PM
You are going against the admin and a guy who has been playing r/s since day one, a veteran of this site, and well respected for his skills.

seriously, you are in the wrong, just give it up... seriously... I will continue giving out my good advice and you continue with your closed minded ways...

Shuckle
7th April 2004, 05:55 PM
Whether the admin decides i have broken the rules of the site by pointing out how you have broken them is up to him.

I know i haven't so if i'm punished i can feel vindicated because it's obvious from your quotes that you can manipulate the admin for your own ends.

Whether a person is 'well respected' or not doesnt make them excempt from the 'law' - you will not intimidate me.

Try and combine this discussion with the IMs we are sending each other as this is counter mount to spamming and ruining the thread.

Sir Chris
7th April 2004, 06:51 PM
well, I didn't think this belonged in this sub forum to begin with, next time post it at the main forum. I am sory that I ledt his to be so off topic, my temper got the best of me.

~ Chris