PDA

View Full Version : Idea inspired by Muyotwo

Systematic Revolution
6th April 2004, 02:33 PM
While discussing MTG in Ummmm the other day, Muyo unveiled a certain combo. Well I got to thinking and decided to throw together (literally) a deck. Yay.

3 Disciple of the Vault
3 Carrion Beetles
3 Cabal Trainee
4 Blood Pet
2 Force Spike
2 Dismiss
3 Circular Logic
4 Diabolic Tutor
4 Diabolic Intent
4 Dark Ritual
4 Brain Freeze
4 Mirari
9 Island
9 Swamp

Bolded cards are part of said combo. Basically, the creatures are there to sac to slow down your opponent, and seeing as people around here play artifact decks and the deck where you play from your graveyard (can't remember the name off-hand), I threw in those particular creatures. And obviously Blood Pet for the small mana boost. As far as I know this deck is legal. I'm not entirely sure though, seeing as I haven't looked at the banned/restricted lists recently. Demonic Tutor isn't in there because if I remember correctly it IS banned or restricted or something like that. The combo is fairly simple so I won't really bother explaining it. If you absolutely need me to just say :wtf: and ask me what the hell I'm talking about lol.

:lemon:SR:lemon:

Tyranitar#248
6th April 2004, 03:16 PM
Just curious, what format are you going for? Also, if i'm not mistaken I think ritual was banned or restricted one or the other. Nice deck though.

Systematic Revolution
6th April 2004, 09:55 PM
I don't really care about format, personally.. *shrugs* and I don't THINK ritual was banned or restricted. But hell I don't know what I'm talking about.

:lemon:SR:lemon:

Razola
6th April 2004, 10:16 PM
This is a really bad version of a previously dominant Type 1 deck.

That deck used Channel, and a ton of free drops to full a 20-life Tendrils of Agony. Unless I'm mistaken, it did require full power though. But you could say that for most Type 1 decks.

EDIT: Here is the deck...

4 Gemstone Mine
4 Polluted Delta
1 Tolarian Academy
3 Underground Sea

Other Mana Sources: (22)
1 Black Lotus
4 Chromatic Sphere
4 Dark Ritual
4 Lion's Eye Diamond
1 Lotus Petal
1 Mana Crypt
1 Mana Vault
5 Moxen
1 Sol Ring

Tutors: (8)
4 Burning Wish
1 Demonic Consultation
1 Demonic Tutor
1 Mystical Tutor
1 Vampiric Tutor

Card Advantage: (10)
1 Ancestral Recall
3 Brainstorm
1 Memory Jar
1 Necropotence
1 Timetwister
1 Wheel of Fortune
1 Windfall
1 Yawgmoth's Bargain

Utility: (7)
1 Abeyance
4 Duress
1 Time Walk
1 Tinker

Sideboard: (15)
1 Balance
1 Mind's Desire
1 Mind Twist
1 Obliterate
3 Phyrexian Negator
1 Recoup
4 Stifle
1 Tendrils of Agony
1 Vindicate
1 Yawgmoth's Will

Kool Dudy
6th April 2004, 10:34 PM
I agree with Raz. It all depends on the format. That deck you posted looks really T1 and if we were to play T1, you would have to add Power 9 into your deck unless you really can't afford it.

Everyone that plays T1 often have Power 9 in them. You would rather just play with proxies than bring a crap deck to a T1 tourney.

Systematic Revolution
7th April 2004, 03:04 PM
lol the day I or anyone in this area could afford P9 is the day hell freezes over </end cliche>.

:lemon: SR :lemon:

Kool Dudy
7th April 2004, 03:48 PM
You could always use proxies.

I've seen tournaments that allowed you to have 3 proxies or less but that was it...but you have to pay additional fee.

I recently found one that allowed 5 proxies :o

Systematic Revolution
7th April 2004, 04:50 PM
Tournaments are non existent here ;( and I didn't know you could ever use proxies in a tournament. Damn I'll have to remember that

:lemon: SR :lemon:

Razola
7th April 2004, 05:58 PM
It's not like it's impossible to obtain them. And Type 1 has a large amount of staples (Counterpell, Force of Will, dual lands, Power 9, etc.) and once you get theose you'll ownly be making minor tweaks to the basic structure. Once the intial payment is over it's a lot cheaper than constantly changing your deck like in Type 2.

And a lot of Type 1 tourneys I got to don't even have full power. Most of the guys buy sets of full power and sell them off on eBay.

EDIT: As of now my favorite combo is Goblin Welder + Mindslaver.

Kool Dudy
7th April 2004, 06:32 PM
Mana Severance + Goblin Charbelcher 0wNs ALL

By turn 5 if you are succesful in drawing the right cards, you can win easily.

http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/images/smilies/lemoncool.gif