PDA

View Full Version : best episode ever

soggy_cardboard
27th January 2003, 02:34 AM
i wanna know whats ur fav episode....

mines probally....er....dunno...i need to think more bout it

Mikachu Yukitatsu
27th January 2003, 04:16 AM
The first episodes are classics. In general, Indigo League has not got that all repeating stuff, so I take my favourite episodes from it.

If I had to pick one, it would be Princess VS Princess. It has a cool Misty VS Jessie battle not to mention the Kimono madness;)

ILikePokemonP
27th January 2003, 04:28 AM
Any episode where snorlax eats, sleeps or crushes something :D

Also any episodes that mainly feature either lickitung or wobbuffet :yes:

Meganiquil155
27th January 2003, 08:11 AM
my top favorite episodes

Raikou! Legand of Thunder!
Got Miltank
Good quil hunting
Hot matches
Nerves of Steelix
A hot water battle
get the bugs out

Hanada Tattsu
27th January 2003, 09:31 AM
My favorite episode is "Tentacool and Tentacruel" even though it is currently banned by Kids WB and Cartoon Network. Oh well, at least I have it on video!

I like it cause it's sorta a Misty oriented episode, and it's also the episode where Misty catches Horsea, so it's good for me!

Light_Togetic
27th January 2003, 10:15 AM
Oooh, this is a hard one... lemme think. My five favorites have to be:

1)The Ghost of Madien's Peak
I love this epi.! It always gets a laugh out of me. It's funny when James gets really freaked out! Hmmm, the only thing I want to know now is what the ghost did to Brock and James during the night... ;)

2)Pokemon, I Choose You!
Come on, it's the first episode! And, well, okay, when I first saw it, I was very touched.

3)For Crying Out Loud
I really enjoy Misty based episodes, and this was a unique one. Unique becasue you get to see Misty realize that all of her yelling isn't working, and that perhaps that it isn't the nicest thing to do to people...

4)The Heartbreak of Brock
I knew the writers would do this kind of storyline sometime. I mean, after all the times Brock's liked girls who have never liked him, it would only be fair to have a girl like him that he didn't like back. I loved his dazed look-- like a deer in the headlights! Plus, it was funny to see poor James get another fiancee and freak out by scrambling to the top of a tree.:D

5)Pikachu Re-Volts
This is my favorite Butch and Cassidy episode (but all of them are great!). I actually haven't watched it in a while, but I still consider it one of my favorites. I also still remember my reaction when Pikachu turned around with that evil expression on his otherwise cute little face :o Truly classic.

Wow, that was longer than I wanted it to be... oh well!

Osiris
27th January 2003, 11:13 AM
My Favorite Episodes Are:

- The Ultimate Test > I Like The Exams and How Ash Uses TR pokemon
- Bad To The Bone > I Really Like It! It's a Weired Episode
- Fourth Round Rumble > The Best Battle in the Pokemon League
- A Way Off, A Day Off > All The Pokemon Are Free!
- Hello Pummelo > A Great Place! Excellent Battles!
- The Rivarly Revival > Ash Vs Gary and The Dinner At Ash's House!
- Tricks of The Trade > Jeese Get's Wobbuffet!
- Trouble's Brewing > A *Different* Episode! I Thought Sakura Was going to join Ash Misty and Brock....
- The Perfect Match > Cool Battles Misty Vs Ash and Trinity!

Anti-R*cketship
27th January 2003, 12:00 PM
The Fortune Hunters. My name should tell you why...

Or, the ORIGINAL version of "Beauty and the Beach." NOT the dubbed version, the original.

And how could I forget the introduction of everyone's favourite patiently pleased blue blob? Tricks of the Trade.

And if it stands the test of time, then Dues and Don'ts will be on that list very soon.

DarkMarowak
27th January 2003, 04:03 PM
My vote goes to... "Pikachu Revolts" and "The Wayward Wobbuffet"

Jamesology101
27th January 2003, 04:12 PM
Pokemon Fashion Flash just can't be beaten as a stand-alone episode. It encapsulates all of the show's insane kitschiness and outrageous flamboyance in one extremely entertaining half-hour. There are lots of good Team Rocket episodes (although I agree the Indigo league was the best), but Fashion Flash surpasses them all. Jesse and James enjoying themselves, outrageous outfits for both Team Rocket and their Pokemon, a ludicrous battle arena, a ridiculous and even more transparent than usual moral of the day and enough quotes from James alone to keep you going for a month.

"Dazzle 'em, Ekans!" "Knock 'em dead, Koffing!"
"Oh no, it's a fashion disaster!"
"Koffing, cutie, sludge makeover!"

I have this episode on tape, and I never need to watch the show again. ^_^

EDIT: I cannot BELIEVE I posted this without paying tribute to the greatest motto ever.

To protect the world from boring fashion!
To dress all people with flash and passion!
To give our Pokemon pretty faces!
And extend our art to outer spaces!
Jesse! James!
Salon Roquet, when it comes to chic we know what's right!
Surrender your taste or prepare to fight!

Ahhhhh.....

Snakes N' Legends
27th January 2003, 08:40 PM
Ah, hard one but I might be able to get at some favorite episodes down.

Island of the Giant Pokemon - The only episode where we actually know what the pokemon are saying (without the use of Meowth.)

Bye Bye Butterfree - Sure, Ash does give up his Butterfree in this episode, but it so emotional.

The Song of Jigglypuff - The first appearance of Jigglypuff plus a pokemon version of Las Vegas.

Clefairy Tales - What did you get when you have Alien Space crafts, a crazy UFO addict and Clefairies? You have a exciting episode.

Stage Fright - An interesting episode where humans and pokemon put on a show. It is also fascinating that the humans can make the audience think the pokemon are actually talking.

Charizard Chills - Charizard battles a Poliwhirl and starts to obey Ash after he sees Ash caring about him.

Enter the Dragonite - Sure, Dragonite is the last pokemon but who can't say no to a episode with Dragonite in it?

Tanks A Lot - I don't know why this is a favorite episode. Maybe it is because of the Arbo Tank.

Charizard's Burning Ambitations - Another episode with Charizard in it. What did you expect? Sure, Ash leaves Charizard at Charific Valley but we do see him in future episodes.

The Superhero Secret - Interesting episode but doesn't Jessie look like Darth Maul when she goes to supervillian mode?

Wired for Battle - It teaches that it takes more than statistics to win a battle. It also shows that Jessie doesn't know anything about the Internet or computers.

Hour of the Houndour - Something about Houndours or dark pokemon seems just fascinating.

Air Time - The whole episode about Radio and the weird radio play!!!! Hilarious!!!

Mewtwo Returns - Even though it is a special, it is interesting. At least Giovanni doesn't know that Mewtwo exists anymore.

The Lugia Saga - I love Lugia and wouldn't after P2K.

and Finally ...

Dues and Don'ts - Despite I gave this one a 8.5/10, it is still a good episodes. I focuses more on Team Rocket than on the twerps.

ILikePokemonP
28th January 2003, 03:43 AM
Originally posted by Hanada Tattsu

My favorite episode is "Tentacool and Tentacruel" even though it is currently banned by Kids WB and Cartoon Network. Oh well, at least I have it on video!Why on earth is Tentacool and Tentacruel banned for?

Lord Phillock
28th January 2003, 06:00 AM
If I had to pick one, it would be Princess VS Princess. It has a cool Misty VS Jessie battle not to mention the Kimono madness
Poor Jessie...

My fav episode is ANY where Ash lost in a battle! (Yeah!)

Lord Phillock
28th January 2003, 06:05 AM
Well If I could pick in specials and Movies t would be:

1. Mewtwo Returns
2. The Uncut Origin Of Mewtwo

And the movies are kinda' boring because there's too many boring action-scenes.

P.S. Why in the heck did they put "Brother, My Brother" into the First movie Battle!?:mad:

Hanada Tattsu
28th January 2003, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by ILikePokemon:P
Why on earth is Tentacool and Tentacruel banned for?

Cause it has Tentacruel destroying skyscrapers and buildings, and Kids WB thinks that it may seem a bit like September 11th, so they've banned it still, even though almost one and a half years have passed.

homeofmew
28th January 2003, 09:03 AM
My favourite episode of all is definitle Pikachu's Goodbye. It is so touching :<! and anyway, I never get sick of seeing this episode, unlike the most annoying epusodes like wake up snorlax, I can't stand that episode, lol. Most of the time seeing and episode once is enough for me. although you have to see mewtwo returns around 5 times before realizing all the forshadowing and symbolizm. Mewtwo and the moon sky is referred to atleast 3 times in the whole entirety of the video.

faizah_kibibi
28th January 2003, 12:42 PM
I really really love battle aboard the st. Anne. I think its my fave episode up till now.

Other faves of mine are:

A way off Day off
A hot water battle
Holy matrimony (love it as much as battle aboard the st. Anne, but gotta pick one ey)
Team Rocket! Goodbye to stirring up trouble (Could very well be first but have to see the Subtitled version first).

rebellee1187
31st January 2003, 02:04 PM
i like epsiodes that let you laugh out loud, and sadly, its a rather short list.
The wayward Wobbufett- 10/10. HILARIOUS.
Waiting on a friend- brock cracked me up. plus, i like ninetales.
wired for battle- best single episode as far as battles go.
dues and don'ts- the football at the beginning. i wonder whay that ep shoed on superbowl weekend.
:D
air time- james being a charizard is just too funny.
will the real prof. oak please stand up- james was a good impersonation of oak.

Thats my current list, though im looking forward to the gyarados season...

Hanada Tattsu
31st January 2003, 07:06 PM
Another couple of episodes that I enjoy:

The Legend of Dratini

I know it's banned, but it's just funny. The gun-loving warden is one of my favorite characters in the whole series.

Beauty and the Beach (uncensored)

James in a body suit, this is one of many that showcase James' love of crossdressing. James trying to look seductive is one of my most favorite scenes in the series.

Pikachu's Goodbye

I cry whenever I watch this episode. It just is sad how the whole Pikachu clan is cheering Pikachu when he defeats TR.

Misty's Tears
31st January 2003, 11:38 PM
wow, so many to pick from gezz...

ok top ten here we go:
1. Enter the Dragonite (& Hello Pummelo)-one of my fav. epps just the shear thrill of ash of a good battle, tauros, pika, charzard are all great in that one, plus drake is pretty cool too. In hello pummelo, im not exactly shure why but one of my favorite scenes in the whole series is when pika is playing ditto and getting killed, ash dosen't know what to do, he yealls back at misty & tracy and then says "Well i know one thing they can copy pikachu, but nothing can beat the real thing." Just the way hes says that is just something i never forgot. yeah... anyway...

2. Butterfree's Goodbye-this ep was just beautiful, the only one i have ever cried in, that part at the end where they play the music and ash is remenissing over all his been through with butterfree, that was another one of those scenes one can never forget

3. Misty Meets Her Match- Def. my favorite gym battle, it involves some major AAML moments involving misty's decisions to stand by ash, after Rudy tries to coax her into staying with him. Plus the gym match is awesome, fought on those spike rocks sticking out of the water, squirtle flies off the edge and learns hydro pump, Rudy executor falls asleep because of baulbasur and walks of the edge. yeah but the AAML influence is the main reason for this one.

4. Various Pkmn Leauge eps- the whole indago leauge was great, i really like the parts where ash goes out in the stadium at night getting all ready for everything he's going to go through. then in the one ep. where at night the're all in the're beds and misty hears ash in the middle of the night and says "i think he's scared." and then when ash says goodbye to Richie, where they play the song, the eps called Friends to the End or something like that.

5. Ghost of Madiens Peak- i cant believe someone allready said this, another one of my favs, i really liked the whole story of the girl waiting for her guy, brock and james getting all messed up, the old lady and her little sticker things that she suckers them al into buying, its a funny one, but also with a good story and everything

6. Once in a Blue Moon- i love this one, for some reason i rated it unusually high, but to put it bluntly, quagsire basically makes the ep., those quagsires are the best!

7. Volcanic Panic- the second ep. with blaine, probally my second favorite gym match, just the fight between charizard & magmar is awesome

8. The one, i dont remember the name, but the one where charziard gets frozen with ice beam from a guy with a poliwrath & ash has to stay up rubbing charizard back to health

9. Bulbasur and the Mysterious Garden-

10.Charziard's Burning Ambitions-

ILikePokemonP
1st February 2003, 03:12 AM
Originally posted by Misty's Tears

8. The one, i dont remember the name, but the one where charziard gets frozen with ice beam from a guy with a poliwrath & ash has to stay up rubbing charizard back to healthCharizard Chills :yes:

Cause it has Tentacruel destroying skyscrapers and buildings, and Kids WB thinks that it may seem a bit like September 11th, so they've banned it still, even though almost one and a half years have passed.That did seem the most logical answer to me but still, no one's gonna cry because a tentacruel attacked a building :rolleyes:. They should cry beause of Nastina's ugliness :D.

Btw, is the dvd/vhs with Tentacool and Tentacruel on it banned also?

soggy_cardboard
1st February 2003, 08:09 PM
- The Ultimate Test > I Like The Exams and How Ash Uses TR pokemon

lol, thats the episode i was trying to think of, hahaha, thats the funniest one ive seen, hahahaha

and i like the episodes, where the characters think of what will happen, and in their thought bubble, there are stylelised versions of ash, TR, pkmn, etc. it looks so funny :D

i wanna see that ep. again...

Toon Dragon
1st February 2003, 10:06 PM
Very early many Indigo League episodes- They're just great to watch over and over again, and I can reminice to my days of watching the sydicated version and feeling like I was the only kid
who liked this :D.

"Misty Meets Her Match"-I like Pokéshippy moments, so this has to be in there. Plus, Rudy is very cute and charming :).

"Wherefore Art Thou, Pokémon?"-Ditto the Pokéshippyness.
Also, I'm rather happy that 4Kids named the female Nidoran "Maria",
since that's my actual name. (I'm nicknamed Mia or M'ia for short.)

"Air Time"-A former asperation of mine was to be a radio DJ, until I realized I was too shy to do that. It's nice to have something relating to my interest. The scene with the radio drama is also fabulous, too.

"Dues and Don'ts"-Funny, funny, funny! I found from this that Team Rocket are some of the world's funniest villains.

Movie-wise, my two favorites are The Power of One and Celebi: A Timeless Encounter. The Power of One's very farfetched, but I like it that way. Great one-liners, too. At first, I didn't really like the second film, but now I discover that it's really interesting. It also seems like a pretty big Hayao Miyazaki homage, and every animation fan know that he's great :D.

Legends-Kuja
1st February 2003, 10:43 PM
My favorites...

The Sabrina saga-- can't believe no one's mentioned this! BEST FIRGGIN EPISODES EVER! There's angst! (the doll) THE HUMOR! (The Ghost episode, come on, that was funny) THE EVIL! (Sabrina could make Gio wet his pants. It is rumored that if Haunter didn't make her laugh and Ash somehow defeated her, she would bascially seal her emotions and become invincible)

Fashion Passion-- DAMSEL IN DISTRESS! WHOO HOO! *Looks around* you didn't see that. It was hilarious.

The Problem with Paras--THE LAST episode I liked. Beyond Indigo, Pokemon became predictable and sucky. Meowth falls in love...XD

Runpapa
3rd February 2003, 10:31 PM
Pikachu Revolts
I love the large number of Pokemon included. Character development among Team Rocket and we learned more of Butch & Cassidy's relations with our fav trio. The animation and art are quite excellent. Gastly and Drowzee's battle was great, and the battle's climax was impressive. During Drowzee and Togepi's Metronome face-off, all audio was muted except Togepi's rhythmed chirping and the tick-tock of a clock/metronome. Then...BOOM!

Wired for Battle
Scizor's first appearance was astounding. Screw the main plot! The animation compensated for the poor direction of story. The battle between Heracross and Scizor IS priceless. Surely, the longest 1-on-1 battle in the Pokemon anime series.

Zak
3rd February 2003, 11:15 PM
Lord Phillock, don't double post. I understand if it was an accident... just don't do it again.

Actually Tattsu, T&T was banned just from WB. It aired on Cartoon Network about a few months ago.... L_X posted a thread about it, you can probably find it on the 4th or 5th page.... but I'd rather not bump back old topics.

Anyways..... my favorite episodes..

The Ghost of Maiden's Peak- The way the episode started was a classic beginning IMO.

Any episode featuring Sabrina- Both are full of emotion.... and that's one this I look for in an episode.

Attack of the Prehistoric Pokemon- THAT one's a classic. It had a great plot, and I like episodes where they "split up" (i.e. Forest Grumps). Plus, it was the second appearance of Jigglypuff, which gave us the first impression that it's following them. And, most importantly..... Gotta love Charizard. I'm still wondering how Charmeleon evolved so fast.... three episodes o_O

But my all time favorite would have to be "Pikachu Revolts". It was the first Orange Island episode I saw.... I was kinda confused because I was only first getting into Pokemon then..... so i'd only seen about 16 random Indigo episodes, I was like "WTF?! What happened to the old theme song" Then I noticed some weird guy was there and Brock wasn't.... and I knew something was up. But anyways.... the episode itself, I liked a lot. It was pretty scary, ranking about as scary as the Sabrina saga... and those were all the freakiest. Also, I liked how Togepi first used an attack... heh.

~Zak

Gary Warrior
6th February 2003, 12:55 AM
Five Words: The Battle of the Badge any of you who've seen it would know why :-D for all of you who havent, its the ONE episode where Gary has Fame!! And Noble Poses!! and lots of Lines!! oooooh, all The Garyness! *runs off to watch the ep* if i had to pic a #2 favorite, it'd probably be Holy Matrimony, (that eps hilarios, poor James though)

bliv
6th February 2003, 01:54 AM
'Attack of the Prehistoric Pokémon' is good.
'Riddle Me This' and 'Volcanic Panic' feature Blaine and both rank up there among the best on my list.

Lord Phillock
6th February 2003, 08:57 AM
OOPS! SORRY! I'LL BE CAREFUL NEXT TIME!:( :D

Misty's Tears
6th February 2003, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by Legends-Kuja
My favorites...

The Problem with Paras--THE LAST episode I liked. Beyond Indigo, Pokemon became predictable and sucky. Meowth falls in love...XD

OMG how could i have forgotten that one, Problems With Paras, ... funniset ep ever. lol, paras makes this whole ep into something, the girl making the midicine stuff is cool, and her grandmother or whatever is just great. XD

& meowth in love, lol

Obi
7th February 2003, 03:18 PM
..."Tentacool and Tentacruel" even though it is currently banned by...Cartoon Network...

No it's not. You must not have been paying attention when they aired it. The only episode that I remember them not airing was The Tower of Terror.

Edit: I hadn't seen Zak's post.

KaptainSarcasm
7th February 2003, 11:20 PM
Oh, you've got to be kidding me! Holy Matrimony was by far the best episode out there! Jezebelle is rediculously funny, James has a frigging GROWLITHE, and he's RICH and he's IN LOVE WITH JESSIE! What more do you need? Greatest. Episode. Ever.

Hanada Tattsu
7th February 2003, 11:32 PM
Sorry, everyone.

I didn't mean to cause any confusion, I didn't realize that Episode #19 was not banned by Cartoon Network. Sorry, again.

Anyway, one I just remembered.

The Misty Mermaid - Even if it was the one where Misty left her Horsea and her Starmie, I must say that this eppie was pretty good. It had almost all of Misty's Pokemon appear, and it also is one of the only instances where Misty lets her hair down... :wave:

Jigglysama
8th February 2003, 11:16 AM
The Problem with Paras! Bets... episode... EVER! Fun for the whole family asured! :D

The Song of Jigglypuff is also cool! And well any episode featuring Jigglypuff is nice!

There are others but I don't remember their english titles... ;o

Chris 2.1
9th February 2003, 04:57 PM
the wayard wobbufet was cool, as was 'grin to win' and a whole host of others!

Psyduck UK
10th February 2003, 11:41 AM
I love all Episodes!!

but especially:

All Episodes with Psyduck In!!!
All Episodes with Cassidy and Butch In!!!
An EGG-sighting Adventure as the Jenny is so thick its funny!

Light_Togetic
10th February 2003, 11:47 AM
Oh yeah... Holy Matrimony! How could I forget that one!! I used to love that eppie!! James' parents have to rate a twenty on the weird scale (somewhere up there with Brock's)! And Growlie is so cute! It used to be my fav. pokemon, and I love how it's so loyal to James. Plus it's funny to see Ash and co. get so involved with Team Rocket. Besides, it answers the question of how Jessie would feel if James ever left Team Rocket. ;)