PDA

View Full Version : HedgeCat VS Red Taikitsune

HedgeCat
6th April 2004, 11:47 PM
I started this short story today, and finished it today. I wanna know what you think of it. I wrote this for paragraphing practice.

~ HedgeCat VS Red Taikitsune ~

HedgeCat stood in a battle arena. HedgeCat was a brown hedgecat that has white cat ears and a white cat tail. He wore a gray sweatshirt, which was ripped at the trim because of his battles. His black jeans were also ripped up. Hedgecat wore red shoes with gray rubber on the toe. On his hands were black finger gloves. HedgeCat had some psychic power, like Spider Sense, because his mind would twinge when danger or a person on importance was near.

The plexiglas dome has dirt flooring and was sound-proof. The arena was surrounded by guests waiting to watch an amazing battle. The crowd, and HedgeCat were waiting for the opponent- Red Taikitsune. HedgeCat was standing opposite from the door to get in.

"He's late." HedgeCat said quietly. Of course, no one could hear him, being sound proof and all.

As if on cue, the plexiglas door slid open, making HedgeCat turn. In the doorway, was Red T, panting. "I'm ready!" Red announced.

Red Taikitsune was a red fox, about as tall as HedgeCat. He wore a dark gray vest, ripped blue jeans, a blue headband and black shoes. The tip of his ears and a tuff of hair were blue instead of red. In one hand, he held a sword with a snake design on the hilt. The hilt was black, like the handle.

"It's about time." Said HedgeCat. He grabbed the air, and it look like he was holding a sword. Suddenly, a sword, made of pure fire, appeared in his hand. The hedgecat made a few practice swings, and then turned to Red.

"Bring it on."

Red ran at HedgeCat, sword ready. HedgeCat smirked at this.

"Too easy, Red." He said. HedgeCat jumped to the side at the last moment, making Red miss his target. Then, he sliced Red's arm, making it bleed. Red grabbed his arm and yelled out in pain.

"Aw...sorry Reddy. Did that hurt? If it did, you mind as well leave now- thing are going to get worse." HedgeCat taunted.

"I didn't come here to give up!" Red said. He got up, and ran at HedgeCat again. This time, Red moved the same side as HedgeCat. He stabbed him in the leg. HedgeCat fell over, screaming.

"Augh..." He groaned.

"Too much, Hedge?" Red taunted in revenge.

"No...but this may BE." He got up and backflipped. HedgeCat jumped into the air, and made his hands fists and mumbled a spell or something. A circle, made of little spheres of fire, hit Red, setting fire his vest. Red quickly put it out.

"What happened?" Red demanded.

"Oh, that? Just a simple spell I call 'Fire Circle'. It's very warm, huh?" HedgeCat replied. "Beware. The worst is yet to come."

"Same to you!" Red yelled. He tossed his sword at HedgeCat before he could react. It hit him in the stomach, which gushed out blood.

"Sunuva..." HedgeCat muttered. Red walked up to him and yanked the sword out of him, making him scream in pain. HedgeCat now had dirt inside his cuts.

By now, the crowd was roaring. They were all cheering. All of them had at least a drink and popcorn, guessing the battle would be long.

"HedgeCat," Red said. "You can't win. Look at you. You're curled into a ball on the ground. Heh, you thought you cou-- AUGH!"

At that moment, HedgeCat jammed his sword into Red's stomach as well. This was worse than what happened to HedgeCat. Why? Well, HedgeCat's sword is made of fire. HedgeCat yanked it back out.

"Now, hopefully this is the finishing move!" Yelled Red. "I think you can't take another attack. Let's prove my theory." Red pulled a black handgun from his pocket and shot HedgeCat. His aim was off, and hit HedgeCat's arm instead.

HedgeCat was soaked in his own blood. His clothes were red, too. "I believe it's me who will win." He said. HedgeCat darted at Red and kept kicking and punching him. This gave Red lots of bruises. Red got ahold of his gun and shot HedgeCat in the chest.

"I win, loser." Red said in a cold voice. He pointed his sword at HedgeCat's neck. HedgeCat sweat before he got an idea. The hedgecat rolled under the fox's legs and then used an uppercut with his flame sword. This cut cut Red's vest right off of him, and he was also covered in blood.

By now, the dirt arena looked more like a blood bath. Both Red's and HedgeCat's blood had covered most of the land.

"Now, I'm sorry, but this is the last move," HedgeCat taunted. "This is my strongest attack." HedgeCat mumbled something and 3 pillars, made of fire rose from the ground an headed in Red's direction. Red quickly shot his gun again, and the aim was off because it was rushed, but the bullet headed toward the general direction of HedgeCat.

HedgeCat's mind flickered, and he barely dodged the bullet shot at him. The pillars hit Red, and he tossed his sword up. HedgeCat landed and started panting, as he used up most of his energy. Then, the sword came down and hit HedgeCat in the chest.

"Augh!" Yelled HedgeCat. He collapsed.

Now, the field was covered in blood, and so was the plexiglas. Red got covered in bruises, slashed, stabbed and burnt. He lay in a pool of blood. His ruined vest lay a yard away from where he lay.

HedgeCat got two bullets in him. He had also been slashed an stabbed. His clothes were ripped, and he had a sword sticking in his chest. He was more exhausted than Red because he used magic power. Both lay unconscious on the battle field.

The crowd liked the ending to this battle- it was a tie. Except anyone who made bets - they didn't lose any money.

Up in the glass window above, the manager clapped.

"Send the nurses down to the field ASAP!" Yelled the manager. "We should have enough money to pay their medical bills- they nearly doubled how much money we make!"

~End.