PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon Box: getting eggs

Gagome
7th April 2004, 04:17 AM
Perhaps you all know that you get an egg the first time when you connect your GBA game to Pokemon Box. According to serebii.net this egg can contain a pokemon with a special move it doesn't learn normally. Serebii.net lists the following pokemon with the moves they have when it hatches:

Swablu - False Swipe
Ralts - Wish
Skitty - Pay Day
Zigzagoon - Extremespeed

Now it is still not clear how to get all of them. Serebii.net mentiones it is random and dependant on the time of the GBA clock what pokemon you get. But I believe this information is not correct. Why? read on:

After many attempts and restarts of my japanese R/S games I have got the following:

23 Swablus with False Swipe. It looks like the first time a GBA game connects to Box it will always get an egg with a Swablu. I have tried R/S games with different clock settings and on different days. I even connected FR and LG which have no clock and still got two Swablus.
After I put 100 different pokemon from my Ruby game into Box I got a second egg! It was a Zigzagoon with Extremespeed. I repeated this with Sapphire and again got an egg with a Zigzagoon.
Then I thought maybe when I put 200 pokemon into Box I will get another egg? But this didn't happen. After I captured and breeded all 200 pokemon in my Sapphire game and put them all into Box I didn't get a new egg.

So, it is still a mystery how to get a Ralts and a Skitty with the special moves.
Has anybody perhaps some additional information? I really would love a Skitty with Pay Day but currently I am out of ideas what to try to get it.

Serebii of SPP
7th April 2004, 06:19 AM
Its dependant on the Days i believe

Day 1-4

The days on the gamecube probably

Dont ask how it starts, I have no clue...was going off info from my friend in Japan

Gagome
7th April 2004, 11:18 AM
I don't think the day has anything to do with this.
I have made several tests which prove that it is very unlikely that the day does influence what pokemon egg you get.

I have restarted R/S several times and connected to the GC on Sunday, Monday, Wednesday, Saturday, before noon, after noon, in the evening; then with different clock settings on the GBA; after several days playing R/S, after the first gym, after the third gym and then after 8 gyms and after the E4; and with Fire Red and Leaf Green where there is no clock and the first egg right after the connection was always a Swablu.
I have 23 Swablus with False Swipe now.

And then I got the second egg which was a Zigzagoon after I put 100 pokemon into Box. So, I believe there is a way to get all four eggs with one game without restarting. But I am out of ideas right now how to get them all.

Poryhedron
7th April 2004, 02:57 PM
No clock in FRLG? Not even after you beat the E4? I guess that's why the hero of Colloseum's Story mode starts with Espeon and Umbreon...because it's impossible to obtain them in FRLG...

Number1ChanseyFan
7th April 2004, 03:09 PM
No clock in FRLG? Not even after you beat the E4? I guess that's why the hero of Colloseum's Story mode starts with Espeon and Umbreon...because it's impossible to obtain them in FRLG...

Nope, there are no signs that any clocks exist in Fire Red/Leaf Green, so it seems as though time will not be any kind of factor in these games, much like in the original R/B/Y series. However, it still may be possible to obtain Espeon/Umbreon in Fire Red/Leaf Green. In G/S/C, Eevee evolved when it reached a certain level of happiness, and leveled up. If it evolved during the morning/day, Eevee became an Espeon. If it evolved at night, than Eevee became an Umbreon. Perhaps instead of time, something like Personalities or the Hidden Gender Values, or something else will decide if you can get an Espeon or an Umbreon at evolution. Of course, the Elite 4 would need to be defeated before you could get an Espeon/Umbreon, since they are not one of the original 151 Pokémon from R/B/Y.

AndrewPDes
7th April 2004, 06:15 PM
I've heard rumors involving the sun stone and moon stone.

Poryhedron
7th April 2004, 07:24 PM
So have I, but I checked in RS and it doesn't work. If it doesn't work in RS it has no business working in FL.

phantomness
15th April 2004, 12:15 PM
Do they have Pokemon Box in English already or only in Japan right now?

Number1ChanseyFan
15th April 2004, 12:19 PM
Pokémon Box has only been released in Japan so far. It hasn't been released anywhere else as of yet. However, in Europe, Nintendo is releasing a special Colosseum/Box bundle on May 14th, which will cost about 159 Euros. As of now, there is no official release date for Pok�mon Box in the U.S.

Darien Shields
10th May 2004, 08:06 AM
Maybe the other eggs can be got by putting a lot of different kinds of Pokemon on Box? i.e., instead of just 100 Pikachu, 100 different pokemon, y'know? Have you tested that?

Gagome
10th May 2004, 02:28 PM
Yes, actually I have put 100 different pokemon into Box and then got a Zigzagoon. I believe the game checks for different pokemon but I am not sure.

Now I have caught all 200 pokemon in my japanese Sapphire and put them all into Box but I got no new egg. Only got two, a Swablu right in the beginning and the Zigzagoon after 100 pokemon.
So, I don't know what I can try next? Maybe I need more than 200 pokemon? Or something else?
Since I have FR/LG I can try to trade some of them over to Sa and them put them into Box. Maybe I need 300 pokemon to get a new egg? Just a guess.
But I have not yet completed FR to the point where trading with Sa is allowed.

Darien Shields
10th May 2004, 03:43 PM
What's your highest leveler? I'd try a l100 first.

Then, I don't know. Try spreading them out over the different boxes, getting different OTs and ID numbers. Then try out the different Box Features, you know, the display stuff? Maybe that has a bearing. I haven't touched it myself, but maybe... Then... I dunno. Maybe play for a while on Box (you know, that play GBA on TV thing...) How many other things can you do with Box? Well, it's worth trying them all. But I'd go with putting pokemon in Box. I intend to toy around with my own more (I'm in a similar situation, Pokemon Box, and Japanese Sapphire.)

Good luck, to both of us.

Darien Shields
19th May 2004, 07:59 PM
I just got a tip that you need to put in the following numbers of pokemon...

300, 800, 1499

There, that shouldn't be too much beyond your reach, should it? Me, I'm gonna start breeding more Torchic to fill it up.

Oh, also, word is, 1499 yields a Surfing Pichu. Funky or what?

Gagome
20th May 2004, 10:45 AM
Hey, that sounds good. Reaching 300 is not so hard since I have already put 200 into Box.

theniceguydk
21st May 2004, 05:09 AM
Just got Pokémon Box too, from the Colosseum Bundle.
I connected my Ruby gametridge - with all 200 pokémons, and got a stupid Swablu with False Swipe..

Gagome
21st May 2004, 08:25 AM
Yeah, the first egg you get is always a Swablu with False Swipe. To get another egg with a Zigzagoon you have to put 100 pokemon into Box. It is not enough that you have 200 pokemon in your Ruby game. You have to manually select and move them from the boxes in your Ruby game into the boxes of Box.
The other eggs you may get after you have put 300, 800 and 1499 pokemon into Box.
Currently I am catching pokemon in my Sapphire game. I have already put 200 into Box. So, I only need to get 100 more to reach the next mark where I hopefully get another egg. I wonder what will be inside this egg? A Skitty with Pay Day or a Ralts with Wish?
I would prefer a Skitty.

Darien Shields
21st May 2004, 12:47 PM
I'd say Skit', myself. If we look at this graph of crapitude to goodness, we'll see that a Skitty with Payday ranks super high on the crapitude, but super low on the goodness. Personally, I've been breeding for it, I'm gonna fill boxes with eggs until I reach quotas. But first I'll be playin' through FR, I just got that, and hope to rack up a few hundred pokemon for Box with it too.

Bob54321
30th May 2004, 09:37 AM
Serebii.net just posted an update about the different pokemon you get and how:

Swablu - False Swipe, Obtained at start
Zigzagoon - Extremespeed, 60 Pokemon from one game stored on Box
Skitty - Pay Day, 500 Pokemon from one game stored on Box
Pichu - Surf, 1499 Pokemon from one game stored on Box

It appears there is no Ralts with Wish.... (Could you get that with the Japanese version)

andyizcool
30th May 2004, 09:41 AM
It appears there is no Ralts with Wish.... (Could you get that with the Japanese version)
Yep, I guess that Wish Ralts was just for the Japanese Pokemon Box. Now that Surf Pichu brings back the Light Ball Pikachu with Surf and maybe Raichu having Surf too. More people might start using Pikachu/Raichu as a Special Sweeper now. Just like the good old Pokemon RBY and Pokemon GSC days.

Darien Shields
30th May 2004, 10:01 AM
I had an old MS for a Surfnig Pikachu...

Pikachu @ Light Ball
Surf
Thunder
Light Screen
Rain Dance

Was that so crazy?

BTW, is Surfing Pichu in the Japanese Box? The numbers there are different from what I've heard for the Japanese (Zigzagoon was 100, right Gagome?) And Skitty was 300, not 500... I'm gonna try to check myself one of these days anyway...

Number1ChanseyFan
30th May 2004, 11:20 AM
I had an old MS for a Surfnig Pikachu...

Pikachu @ Light Ball
Surf
Thunder
Light Screen
Rain Dance

Was that so crazy?

BTW, is Surfing Pichu in the Japanese Box? The numbers there are different from what I've heard for the Japanese (Zigzagoon was 100, right Gagome?) And Skitty was 300, not 500... I'm gonna try to check myself one of these days anyway...

I don't think that Surfing Pichu was in Japanese Box, I think that the Japanese version had a Ralts with Wish instead, but I don't think that you needed to deposit 1499 Pokémon in Box to get the Ralts w/Wish.

Darien Shields
30th May 2004, 11:31 AM
I'd be more enclined to believe that if I had something more than Serebii dot net to validate it. After all, Meowth 346 told me (and others) about the Pichu (1499) based on the Japanese Box. I think he's more trustworthy...

andyizcool
30th May 2004, 11:50 AM
I'd be more enclined to believe that if I had something more than Serebii dot net to validate it. After all, Meowth 346 told me (and others) about the Pichu (1499) based on the Japanese Box. I think he's more trustworthy...
I don't think Serebii has actually tested that 1499 Pokemon for a Surf Pichu yet. Where would you quickly get 1499 Pokemon from? I only have about 6 of my boxes full on Pokemon Sapphire and that's just more than 180 Pokemon or something. I think more people should test Pokemon Box. Considering some people in the UK have only just got it from ordering off that Nintendo Site.

Darien Shields
30th May 2004, 12:27 PM
Breeding can produce exponential numbers of pokemon (err, as long as Eggs count.)

I myself plan on pairing a male Torchic with my ID number with the female Blaziken I have from another game and producing a whole load of Torchic eggs. I just hope I don't get the special eggs mixed up!

Serebii of SPP
31st May 2004, 11:09 AM
My friend Coronis told me of the Pichu and he hasnt been wrong, plus many japanese sites confirm this

And everything else about Box has been the same thus far i.e. Swablu, Zigzagoon and Skitty

At the moment i have 600 pokemon in Box...i'm getting there and will test it as soon as possible

Crystalmaster Mike
31st May 2004, 11:45 AM
Do Eggs count towards the 1499 Pokémon? I know they occupy spots in the Boxes, but whether they're considered as actual Pokémon, I don't know.

Ultimate Pikachu
31st May 2004, 06:39 PM
Is there a way to get Box in the US? Here's a Pikachu set

Pikachu
Timid
Static
@Light Ball
252 Special Attack, 252 Speed, 6 HP
Thunderbolt
Surf
Hidden Power Ice
Thunder Wave

Darien Shields
31st May 2004, 07:48 PM
I don't mean to digress into a topic about Pikachu Move Sets (if this goes on for another post, I'm gonna put something in the Ru/Sa forums), but I feel that a Surfing Pikachu doesn't need Thunderwave (it's got Static, and whether you use Thunder Bolt, or Thunder, there's a chance of paralyse then), and Light Screen is better (I play a fair bit of 2 v 2, so the dual-effect defense things are damn handy.)

The Hidden Power's interesting. I think if you use Thunder you need Rain Dance, but...

Honest, I'll check the Egg thing in like- well, as soon as I complete FR.

theniceguydk
1st June 2004, 11:41 AM
I would say this moveset for Pikachu is the best:

Thunder
Surf
Rain Dance
Thunder Wave/Reflect/Light Screen

Rain Dance to make Thunder hit every turn, and boost the power of Surf.
Thunder Wave to paralyze, and/or Reflect/Light Screen to boost its Defense/Sp. Defense.

Gagome
1st June 2004, 04:19 PM
I have now got my hands on a UK version of Pokemon Box.
And I can confirm that the US version of Ru/Sa work fine with it.

Serebii.net is not correct about the number of Pokemon you have to put into Box to get a Zigzagoon. I have confirmed that you need to put exactly 100 Pokemon to get an Egg with a Zigzagoon. This is true for UK and Japanese versions of Box.
I am still trying to reach 300 on my Japanese Sapphire to get the next Egg ....

Darien Shields
1st June 2004, 04:32 PM
I don't see why Serebii dot net should be believed about anything... the only thing they've said that's been proven true is that you recieve a Swablu with False Swipe and a Zigzagoon with Extreme Speed.

We don't even know if you can get the other pokemon... (although I, personally, still believe it's possible, and with the numbers that Meowth 346 says (and the Surfing Pichu))

Chris 2.1
1st June 2004, 04:46 PM
I don't see why Serebii should be doubted.

Serebii wants to provide his viewers with the latest Pokemon News, and giving false, unproven information would only tarnish his reputation. Why would he wish that upon himself?

Darien Shields
1st June 2004, 05:12 PM
I'm not saying he intended to mislead, but maybe he didn't check his sources. Can we blame him? It isn't easy- but still, since he didn't, it means that he could have been mistaken, and doesn't know it.

BTW, how does Box work as to multiple games? If a second game connects, do you get a second Swablu (and subsquent pokemon.) What makes a pokemon count as "from" a game cart? Does it work off ID numbers? Or if you have a pokemon from a trade, would that count too...? Logically it should, since you gave a pokemon for it, but then, what about pokemon from box? Once one game has enetered a certain pokemon, does it stop it from being used again?

Gagome
2nd June 2004, 04:23 AM

BTW, how does Box work as to multiple games? If a second game connects, do you get a second Swablu (and subsquent pokemon.) What makes a pokemon count as "from" a game cart? Does it work off ID numbers? Or if you have a pokemon from a trade, would that count too...? Logically it should, since you gave a pokemon for it, but then, what about pokemon from box? Once one game has enetered a certain pokemon, does it stop it from being used again?
I can answer some questions:

Yes, every game which connects gets at the first time an Egg with a Swablu regardless of how many Pokemon are in Box from other games. I have done it and currently I have several Pokemon in my Japanese Box from different games.
But I really don't know what makes a Pokemon count as "from" a game. I believe there may be simply some counter which gets stored on the memory card of Box where Box counts how many Pokemon are moved from a game into Box. It doesn't look into trainer id's. I am sure because of the 100 Pokemon I moved from my US Ruby into UK Box last night there were few from other trainers I obtained in a trade and still they counted as coming from my game.

As Pokemon from Box: when you have catched more than 100 Pokemon in your game you can move any Pokemon from Box into your game regardless from which game or trainer they came. I have verified this. I restarted several times my Japanese Ruby game and connected to Box. Every time I got a new Egg and left it on Box and even moved the starter Pokemon form my game to Box and some other Pokemon I caught earlier. Then I connected my Japanese Sapphire game (where I have caught more than 200 Pokemon) to Box and moved all Eggs and starters to it. It worked fine and I hatched all Eggs and learned that the first Egg is always a Swablu. I have 23 now.
:nod:

I even believe if you move Pokemon from Box into your game and later move tham back to Box they get counted as "coming from your game". I will test this later.

BTW: the second time you connect your game to Box you don't get a Swablu. How does Box know that you already got a Swablu?
I believe this information is stored into the game cart and not in Box.

andyizcool
2nd June 2004, 06:17 AM
BTW: the second time you connect your game to Box you don't get a Swablu. How does Box know that you already got a Swablu?
I believe this information is stored into the game cart and not in Box.
That's like on Pokemon Colosseum. You can get Poke Coupons and store them on Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire for your GBA. If you turn on your GBA on you can't find out how many Poke Coupons you have by checking everywhere on Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire. So it must be a hidden number store on Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire somewhere.

Serebii of SPP
2nd June 2004, 07:00 AM
I have now got my hands on a UK version of Pokemon Box.
And I can confirm that the US version of Ru/Sa work fine with it.

Serebii.net is not correct about the number of Pokemon you have to put into Box to get a Zigzagoon. I have confirmed that you need to put exactly 100 Pokemon to get an Egg with a Zigzagoon. This is true for UK and Japanese versions of Box.
I am still trying to reach 300 on my Japanese Sapphire to get the next Egg ....
Explain how i got it for 60 pokemon then?

Darien Shields
2nd June 2004, 10:10 AM
Whoa, Serebii's English... my respect for him(him/her?) just skyrocketed. Then I realised that the English aren't a patch on the Scottish... But they still get Irn Bru.

More to the point! It is unlikely that both Gagome and Serebii are correct, but I still wonder- is it possible they are? Perhaps Box counts your prevos, so if Serebii put 20 pokemon who have evolved twice in with 40 unevolved pokemon, it'd count as 100. Perhaps? Or Perhaps their copies are different... Are they both UK, and not US?

I do not like to believe one of you is lying, but perhaps one of you is wrong. I don't know, but I'm on the verge of conducting my own research.

Gagome
2nd June 2004, 11:30 AM
Explain how i got it for 60 pokemon then?
Sorry, I can't.

But I know that for me it was 100. Here is what I have done:

On Japanese Box I have connected my Sapphire game and immediately got the Swablu Egg. Still connected I began to move Pokemon from the game cart to Box. After I have moved 10 Pokemon I switched back to the main Box menu to check if something is happening. Nothing. Then i moved the next 10 Pokemon; then I switched back and so on. After the tenth repeat of the above I got the second Egg with a Zigzagoon immediately after I switched back to the main menu. So, I assume you have to put 100 Pokemon into Box to get the second Egg.

Here is what I have done last night with my UK Box version:

Connected US Ruby and go the Swablu Egg. Began to move Pokemon from the game into Box. After I moved 59 Pokemon (this is a box on Pokemon Box full of Pokemon except one) I switched back to the main menu and nothing happened. Then I added the 60th Pokemon and again switched back and still nothing happened. Then I began to move Pokemon into the second box on Box. After I filled up the first row (12 Pokemon + 60 from the first box = 72) I switched back to the menu and nothing happened. I did the same after the second row (now 84 Pokemon) and still nothing happened. The same after the third row (now 96 Pokemon). Then I moved four Pokemon into Box which makes it to exactly 100 and switched back and the lady said something like I have put now so many Pokemon into Box I will get a gift and I got the second Egg.

So, for me it is definitely 100 Pokemon to get the Zigzagoon Egg. The UK version of Box I used is brand new and it initialized a memory card right on start.
I don't know what you did to get it after 60?

Ultimate Pikachu
4th June 2004, 10:00 PM
Does UK Box work with US Gamecube? That's all I need, for now.

Gagome
5th June 2004, 02:22 AM
Does UK Box work with US Gamecube? That's all I need, for now.
No, not directly. You need a SW like the Freeloader to run PAL games (UK Box) on a NTSC Gamecube.
But UK Box is compatible with the US GBA Ruby/Sapphire games.

Joshua Neal
8th June 2004, 12:49 PM
Once Pokemon Box comes out here in the U.S. I'm going to get 1 Swablu and either 3 or more Zigzagoon with Extremespeed because I bet that if you were to have both a Male and Female Zigzagoon with the move and breed them you could possibly hatch a Zigzagoon with the move.

Number1ChanseyFan
8th June 2004, 01:04 PM
Once Pokemon Box comes out here in the U.S. I'm going to get 1 Swablu and either 3 or more Zigzagoon with Extremespeed because I bet that if you were to have both a Male and Female Zigzagoon with the move and breed them you could possibly hatch a Zigzagoon with the move.

Unfortunately, that won't work. Extremespeed is not a TM move, and it is not one the moves that Zigzagoon can learn through breeding. The moves that Zigzagoon can learn through breeding are Charm, Pursuit, Substitute, Tickle, and Trick.

Joshua Neal
8th June 2004, 01:08 PM
I wish that it were possibe to hatch Zigzagoon with Extreme speed even if you were to breed both a Male and a Female with the move.

Well I guess I can try to hatch one as a shiny with a really strong nature once Pokemon Box comes out.

Crystalmaster Mike
8th June 2004, 02:35 PM
I wonder... If I had a Male Pichu/Pikachu/Raichu with Surf, and I'd breed it with a Marril, would the baby Marril know Surf?

I also wonder... Since Surf's a HM Move, and you could learn it to Pikachu on Pokémon Stadium, and 1499 Pokémon is a lot to (re)obtain, would Nintendo have been so kind as to make us able to breed it onto a baby Pichu?

... Probably not.

Darien Shields
8th June 2004, 02:44 PM
Logic Dictates: No.

See, a pokemon has three sets of moves (this is what Meowth 346 implied to me), its level up moves, its TM/HM moves, and its egg moves. If the father has a move that is in any of these three sets, they can pass it down.

Since Pikachu does not learn Surf from an HM, logic dictates it would not pass the move down to further generations of Pichu. However it could give it to Marill, or any water pokemon it can breed with.

andyizcool
9th June 2004, 01:45 PM
Since Pikachu does not learn Surf from an HM, logic dictates it would not pass the move down to further generations of Pichu. However it could give it to Marill, or any water pokemon it can breed with.
There's no point in doing that when you could save time and just teach Marill the Surf HM. Unless you're not at a certain point in the game but that would just be silly breeding on a move it can learn from a HM you're given. Just better hope the Pichu with Surf you get off Pokemon Box has a good nature and decent IVs so maybe you could use it as a Special Sweeper in many future battles.

Darien Shields
9th June 2004, 01:59 PM
There's no point in doing that when you could save time and just teach Marill the Surf HM. Unless you're not at a certain point in the game but that would just be silly breeding on a move it can learn from a HM you're given. Just better hope the Pichu with Surf you get off Pokemon Box has a good nature and decent IVs so maybe you could use it as a Special Sweeper in many future battles.

Hey, he said it, not me- I was just answering his question, that it was possible.

I have a theory... if you have two copies of Box, and two GBA games could you pile 1499 onto one Box, get the Pichu, pile the pokes onto your second Ru/Sa/FR/LG, and then upload them into the secon box, possibly yielding another Pichu? It's worth a try, if you have friend with Box, I guess. Damnably, I only have one copy, and it's japanese.

Gagome
10th June 2004, 05:53 AM
I have a theory... if you have two copies of Box, and two GBA games could you pile 1499 onto one Box, get the Pichu, pile the pokes onto your second Ru/Sa/FR/LG, and then upload them into the secon box, possibly yielding another Pichu? It's worth a try, if you have friend with Box, I guess. Damnably, I only have one copy, and it's japanese.
You only would need another memory card to do this. No second Box is required. Just start a completely new Box "game" with the new memory card and you have two.
But certainly you would need two GBA games because there are some information stored into the GBA from Box.
When I have reached 1499 and hopefully got my Pichu I think I will try this.

Joshua Neal
10th June 2004, 01:37 PM
Well I can hardly wait to see Pokemon Box in Wal-Mart this year and buy it because I'm going to get every single PoKemon egg that I can so that I can breed them with all of my other PoKemon from my game.

andyizcool
10th June 2004, 01:57 PM
Well I can hardly wait to see Pokemon Box in Wal-Mart this year and buy it because I'm going to get every single PoKemon egg that I can so that I can breed them with all of my other PoKemon from my game.
You do know those Rare Pokemon you get off Pokemon Box won't pass those rare moves onto offspring off themself. You know you won't be able to get the Surf off the Surf Pichu/Pikachu/Raichu onto another Pichu Egg.

Gagome
10th June 2004, 02:26 PM
I have my third egg!! It's a Skitty with Pay Day just as I hoped. :nod:
I got it after I moved my 500th Pokemon into Box. To sum it up:

1.egg -> Swablu with False Swipe; right after the first connection to Box
2.egg -> Zigzagoon with Extremespeed; after 100 Pokemon moved into Box
3.egg -> Skitty with Pay Day; after 500 Pokemon moved into Box

So, possibly the 4th egg will be a Ralts with Wish after 1000 Pokemon moved into Box and the 5th egg a Pichu with Surf after 1499 Pokemon moved into Box.

My Skitty with Pay Day has Quiet nature and this IVs:

HP: 18
Att: 24
Def: 21
SpA: 8
SpD: 2
Spd: 16

Which would give her (yes it is female) a HP of Fighting with 50 base power.
Not that bad.
I think I will not evolve her to Delcatty. Skitty looks much more cuter IMHO. :nod:

theniceguydk
11th June 2004, 08:55 AM
So, do you think it's still possible to get the Ralts?
I WOULD LOVE TO HAVE IT! :D

andyizcool
11th June 2004, 10:30 AM
My Skitty with Pay Day has Quiet nature and this IVs:

HP: 18
Att: 24
Def: 21
SpA: 8
SpD: 2
Spd: 16

Which would give her (yes it is female) a HP of Fighting with 50 base power.
Not that bad.
I think I will not evolve her to Delcatty. Skitty looks much more cuter IMHO. :nod:
That as a Delcatty would make an alright Physical Sweeper with those IVs and that Physical Hidden Power with 50 Base Power. You could also throw Heal Bell in there still leaving some space. It depends if you want to use Delcatty for battles or if you want to keep it as a cute Skitty.

Delcatty
Return
Heal Bell
Hidden Power Fighting
*Filler*

Gagome
12th June 2004, 04:44 AM
So, do you think it's still possible to get the Ralts?
I WOULD LOVE TO HAVE IT! :D
I guess yes! When I have reached 1000 Pokemon I will post if I got my Ralts or not.

Gagome
12th June 2004, 04:49 AM
That as a Delcatty would make an alright Physical Sweeper with those IVs and that Physical Hidden Power with 50 Base Power. You could also throw Heal Bell in there still leaving some space. It depends if you want to use Delcatty for battles or if you want to keep it as a cute Skitty.

Delcatty
Return
Heal Bell
Hidden Power Fighting
*Filler*
Unfortunately Quiet nature (+SpA -Spd) is a terrible nature for a Skitty/Delcatty.
So I am thinking more of:

Pay Day (I love that attack!!)
Covet/Return
Hidden Power (Fighting)
Heal Bell

And I think I will keep it as a Skitty. It is so damn cute. :nod:

theniceguydk
12th June 2004, 05:09 AM
:)

How do you get that many Pokémon? Do you catch them, or breed for them?

Gagome
12th June 2004, 11:34 AM
I catch them. This is much faster and easier than breeding. The cheapest way to catch Pokemon is in the Safari Zone. It only costs 500,-. I use a Pokemon with Sweet Scent to attract wild Pokemon so, the 500 steps limit is no problem for me. And for 500,- I get 30 Pokeballs. Not all of them are a successful catch but I usually catch 15 to 20 Pokemon. The last time I caught two Pikachus and one was holding a Light Ball!
Not bad I think.
When I am to bored of the Safari Zone I select some place in Hoenn (e.g. route 103), Fly there and catch 10 Pokemon then move on to the next place (route 104 for example) and catch again 10 Pokemon. I repeat this and travel around Hoenn.
I catched my 500th Pokemon in Shoal Cave. I spend some time there because I wanted to catch a Snorunt. They are really rare and so I could catch along several Zubats, Golbats and Spheals.
To make catching Pokemon easier I have breed my special Breelom with False Swipe and Spore and trained it to level 55 (I had to anyway because Shroomish learns Spore only at level 54).

theniceguydk
12th June 2004, 11:58 AM
Okay :)
I'm gonna try that soon. - Right now I'm busy with training Pokémon from Colosseum, to fill my Pokédex. Still waiting for the National Dex though.

theniceguydk
14th June 2004, 11:33 AM
I just got my Skitty too.
It has a Careful nature (+ Special Defense, - Special Attack).
Not that bad, but it could've been better.

And it has HP Psychic.. BUUH! :P

Music Dragon
14th June 2004, 12:29 PM
I want a Ralts with Wish! Gardevoir is so beautiful... And with Wish too... Ehehe... Does anybody know if Pokemon Box will be released in Sweden? I've tried searching at Yahoo! but I haven't found anything.

theniceguydk
14th June 2004, 12:52 PM
I want a Ralts with Wish! Gardevoir is so beautiful... And with Wish too... Ehehe... Does anybody know if Pokemon Box will be released in Sweden? I've tried searching at Yahoo! but I haven't found anything.

Only from the Colosseum Bundle.
I live in Denmark (Near Sweden), and I bought the Colosseum Bundle.
I don't know if it will be released seperate.

Darien Shields
14th June 2004, 01:32 PM
Tell me, what language are the games released in in Scandinavia? I know that they get translated into French, Italian, German and Spanish, at least (although they couldn't get off their immense behinds and translate it into UK-English), but was as-yet unaware of other languages.

theniceguydk
14th June 2004, 01:37 PM
It's english, like you have.
I wish we would get the games same time as those in USA.. Stupid French, Spanish etc. translations.. It takes so long, and we get the games much later.

theniceguydk
14th June 2004, 02:40 PM
Well.. I just found my Skitty's IVs:

HP: 16
Attack: 9
Defense: 26
Special Attack: 29
Special Defense: 9
Speed: 16

Eew.. High Special Attack IV..

TheAstroCreep
6th July 2004, 11:29 PM
To all the importers, what's the max amount of Pokemon you've currently got stored into the game? I've only heard of like 3-4 Pokemon that you can obtain and could of sworn there was more. Like an Elekid or Magby. But this might of been heard just on the grapevine.

Gagome
7th July 2004, 02:00 AM
Currently I have a little more than 500 Pokemon put into Box. I got the following Pokemon Eggs:

1.egg -> Swablu with False Swipe; right after the first connection to Box
2.egg -> Zigzagoon with Extremespeed; after 100 Pokemon moved into Box
3.egg -> Skitty with Pay Day; after 500 Pokemon moved into Box

Probably when I have put the 1000th Pokemon into Box I will get a Ralts with Wish and after 1499 Pokemon I will get a Pichu with Surf.

That is all I know.

theniceguydk
7th July 2004, 04:40 AM
I hope the Ralts still is in there :) - I have the other three too.

tenchi
8th July 2004, 04:31 PM
ha i got my us pokemon box today.!! :lol: :laugh: