PDA

View Full Version : Team Explosive Flatulence v2.0

GirlRepellant
7th April 2004, 06:03 PM
Here we go, I think it's good. Keep in mind, I've got the TM limits the game provides when giving advice.

Breloom
Spore
Focus Punch
Sludge Bomb
Mach Punch/Bulk Up/Leech Seed

Standard, I know, but standard for a reason. Besides, I've never used it.

Slaking
Hyperbeam
Shadowball
Fire Blast
Slack Off/Brick Break/???

I'm wondering about even having a healing move on this guy... he's mostly for hit and run anyways...

Golduck
Surf
Ice Beam
Calm Mind
Chesto Resto

Kinda underused, especially for a water type who can learn Calm Mind...

Lunatone
Psychic
Ice Beam
Calm Mind
Reflect/Rock Slide/???

Another underused. I just like the way this guy looks, and I don't want a standard Psychic type. Plus Calm Minded Ice Beam is a plus!

Altaria
Aerial Ace
??
Earthquake
Dragon Dance

HPs are not an option, since I'm doing this on a console.

Manectric
Bite
Thunderbolt
Thunderwave
Roar

I'm keeping Bite for the flinch factor.

There we go. Thanks ahead of time!

Shuckle
7th April 2004, 07:06 PM
Breloom

The last place is a problem i've been worrying about it myself. Possible moves to consider include 'Mach Punch', 'Bulk Up', 'Leech Seed'.

'Mach Punch - It always hits first which is good because of Brelooms poor speed. The down side is of course power but it makes a good finishing move for obviouse reasons.

'Bulk Up' - Obvious reasons really you might want to consider it while the enemy is asleep for that 1 hit KO and extra defence for the next enemy.

'Leech Seed' It's good and then again it isn't... If you've used it and like how it works then use it otherwise go with one of the others.

Slaking

'Slack off' will help against people using protect (10pp vs 10pp), 'Yawn' is again a good choice to annoy and induce a switch.

Golduck & Lunatone I'm not good with these guys but to me they look good.

Altaria

No I don't believe he can learn 'Brick Break'... 'Return' might be suggested but it's up to you... I can't remember the last move for the standard move set. Maybe 'Rest' to recover from the damage taken from the enmy while 'Dragon Dance'ing.

Manectrick Looks good.

phaedrus
7th April 2004, 08:30 PM
Here we go, I think it's good. Keep in mind, I've got the TM limits the game provides when giving advice.

Breloom
Spore
Focus Punch
Sludge Bomb
???

Standard, I know, but standard for a reason. Besides, I've never used it. i rates in bold. =D. bulkup/machpunch in the last slot, and you took sludgebomb from my breloom idea set. yay. :oh:

Slaking
Hyperbeam
Shadowball
Fire Blast
Slack Off/???

I'm wondering about even having a healing move on this guy... he's mostly for hit and run anyways...definetly brickbreak in the last spot, and earthquake over fireblast unless you're already using it somewhere else, but it's HIGHLY reccommended to put your earthquake on this guy.

Golduck
Surf
Ice Beam
Calm Mind
Chesto Resto

Kinda underused, especially for a water type who can learn Calm Mind...looks fine

Lunatone
Psychic
Ice Beam
Calm Mind
Rock Slide?

Another underused. I wanted another poke to have Ice Beam, since it's so useful.if you wanted something like this, you could have used a starmie....surf-icebeam-calmmind/cosmicpower-recover; it also frees up a spot in your party if you remove both golduck and lunatone and put in starmie....

Altaria
Aerial Ace
Brick Break<-- can it learn this?
Earthquake
Dragon Dance

can't learn brickbreak. hp-rock if possible, if not, return/fly maybe in it's place....

Manectric
Bite
Thunderbolt
Thunderwave
Roar

I'm keeping Bite for the flinch factor. whatever. make sure this thing has king's rock if you use it.

There we go. Thanks ahead of time!

unless i made specifics, leftovers on all. =D

Scythemantis
7th April 2004, 08:50 PM
I'm sure he's aware of what starmie can do. He wants underused in those slots. There's no point in posting your team if people are going to suggest different pokemon :P

GirlRepellant
7th April 2004, 11:20 PM
I made a few changes... rate away!

Oh, and Scythemantis is right, I wanted some underused types.

Shuckle
8th April 2004, 04:23 AM
HPs are not an option, since I'm doing this on a console.

Why?

It'll take some work but simply catch a load of Altaria, save, then teach one HP and test against a Kecleon (to find out what type of attack it is) and repeat until the desired HP is found.

drizzt
8th April 2004, 07:24 AM
For Slaking why put brick breal and e-quake. e-quake is to handle rock type that won't go down with hyper beam and brick break can do that + can handle steel. I also suggest rest over fire blast and give it a chesto berry.

phaedrus
8th April 2004, 01:38 PM
For Slaking why put brick breal and e-quake. e-quake is to handle rock type that won't go down with hyper beam and brick break can do that + can handle steel. I also suggest rest over fire blast and give it a chesto berry.

why? because it works. eq covers fires too. eq gets a lot of things. brick break covers the rest. rest isn't good on slaking anyways. leftovers + slackoff does more good than a chesto-resto, for a slaking anyways. eq-shadowball-hyperbeam-brickbreak is the sweeping slaking. been that way for a long time.

titandude21
8th April 2004, 08:52 PM
Breloom: Mach Punch in last slot, leech seed > sludge bomb

Slaking: Return, EQ, Shadow Ball, Focus Punch @ Choice Band

Golduck: i guess

Lunatone: chesto rest

altaria: sing

manectric: crunch > bite even w/ the flinch rate

GirlRepellant
9th April 2004, 12:07 PM
Hey everyone, I appreciate the input so far. I'd like to reiterate the following limitations:
1) Only 1 TM per game. So no Focus Punching Slaking, no Chesto Resting Lunatone, etc.
2) I'm lazy. This means no truly extensive breeding chains, or raising a pokemon to level 50 just to breed it with something to raise that. That means no Crunching Manectric, etc.

Another point to bring up... should I even use Manectric? Is there a better electric type (or even just electric user) I should have slotted there instead?

pimuni
9th April 2004, 01:05 PM
Manectric is a pretty good electric type. In R/S electric types are not that good, but Manectric is probably one of the best. If you are not happy with it, try training a Magneton. And you might wanna try a Lanturn or something if you are not satisfied with Golduck and Manectric. You know, experiment.

phaedrus
9th April 2004, 05:06 PM
1) Only 1 TM per game. So no Focus Punching Slaking, no Chesto Resting Lunatone, etc.
should have slotted there instead?

Slaking gets Focus Punch w/o TM. lvl up Vigoroth till he learns it. it's way past evolving lvl. just a note. note: lvl43: Vigoroth learns Focus Punch.

there. =D

lunatone can't get rest w/o tm....poopcraps....=( :swear:

Rabid_Cow
10th April 2004, 12:40 PM
Breloom - Go with Bulk Up in the last slot. Leech Seed is for stayin power, Breloom doesn't have much. Mach Punch is for speed, but w/BU and FP you should be fine.

Slaking - BB isn't a good idea on this guy. Hyper Beam should OHKO most anything, Earthquake could take out Rock pokes, and Shadow Ball for Ghosts. Fire Blast is my recommendation here cause of so many anoyin spikin Skarms out there latelly. Go Shell Bell here, and he should be fine.

Golduck - Can get Psychic from Egg move, but I don't see it having a place here on this guy. It looks fine to me. Good point about it bein UU, and it's a pretty solid Water poke too!

Lunatone - I like Explosion in the last slot. Otherwise fine. You said you're limited to the in-game TM's, but you have CM on both Golduck and Lunatone. This is just something I noticed, if you can somehow get 2 then more power to ya! But if you haven't noticed this yet you might wanna reconsider this guy's MS.

Altaria - Go Rest. He's got Natural Cure, so Rest, then Switch. He'll be fresh for the next time round. Also HP's are an option IF you're not lazy!

Manectric - Needs King's Rock here. Added Flinch ability is always nice on top of Bite's already 30% Flinch rate. Otherwise fine.

Good team, but I just thought I'd point out the 2 CM TM problem. Hope this was of some help!

Ferilian
10th April 2004, 02:09 PM
Two things. First, I don't see why everyone is against BB on Slaking. Fire types aren't a problem for it, so quake is unnecesary. And BB takes out rocks and steel. So why take off one move for two? Fire isn't a problem at all for this team, so I don't know what's so important about having quake.

Second, Golduck is one of the few waters who learn Calm Mind naturally, so it's possible to Have Lunatone with it. Just FYI. Not much else to rate, so...yeah

Rabid_Cow
10th April 2004, 06:29 PM
Second, Golduck is one of the few waters who learn Calm Mind naturally, so it's possible to Have Lunatone with it. Just FYI. Not much else to rate, so...yeah
No he can't. The moves he learns are: Water sport, Scratch, Tail Whip, Disable, Confusion, Screech, Psych Up, Fury Swipes, and Hydro Pump. CM is a TM move only for this guy.

E-Quake > BB cause of higher base power too!

Ferilian
10th April 2004, 10:15 PM
Oh, my bad. I coulda sworn he could. I guess I misunderstood. Sorry about that, I guess that set goes down the drain. (or lunatone's)