PDA

View Full Version : Rate my Team Netbattle Team

Pikube
7th April 2004, 07:21 PM
Here it goes. Since it's NetBattle all stat-raising berries, move tutors, etc are available

Raichu
Timid (+Speed, -Attack)
@Petaya Berry
Encore
Hidden Power (Ice)
Thunderbolt
Thunder Wave
I've been going back and forth with the FP+Encore. If FP, what EV's should I give it.

Ninjask
Jolly (+Speed, -Sp. Att)
@Salac Berry
Baton Pass
Protect
Silver Wind
Swords Dance
Dance if possible. Protect for speed. Silver Wind if against Psychics (especially Alakazam). BP to whoever (usually Rhydon/Zangoose).

Gengar
Modest (+Sp. Att, -Attack)
@Petaya Berry
Will-O-Wisp
Destiny Bond
Thunderbolt
Psychic
Special Attack. D-Bond when close to dying.

Ninetales
Calm (+Sp. Def, -Attack)
Will-O-Wisp
Flamethrower
Roar
Confuse Ray
Annoyer

Rhydon/Zangoose
Adamant (+Att, -Sp.Attack)
Swords Dance
Megahorn/Quick Attack
Earthquake/Return
Double-Edge/Shadow Ball
Rhydon on the left and Zangoose on the right. I'm not sure which I should use. Rhydon>Zangoose in defense but Zangoose>Rhydon in Speed.

Also, what should I use in the sixth slot. Maybe
Sceptile (Don't know what EV's)
????
@????
Leech Seed
Toxic
Leaf Blade
Substitute

Thanks in advance!

Shuckle
8th April 2004, 04:42 AM
Raichu - Good.

Ninjask - Good.

Gengar - Hmmm... ok... you could use toxic on him but looks good.

Ninetales - Uh oh no don't do this -

A burn caused by will-o-wisp causes attack to be halved - confuse ray uses the confused pkmn's attack value to calculate the damage done when it 'hurts itself' so the drop in attack only hinders the damage done by confuse ray.

So drop either confuse ray or will-o-wisp, maybe think about toxic on Gengar or Ninetales.

Rhydon/Zangoose - I'm not good with these pkmn.

Sceptile - You could work in to the move set 'Dragon Claw' but it's up to you.

Rabid_Cow
9th April 2004, 09:53 PM
Ninetales - Uh oh no don't do this -

A burn caused by will-o-wisp causes attack to be halved - confuse ray uses the confused pkmn's attack value to calculate the damage done when it 'hurts itself' so the drop in attack only hinders the damage done by confuse ray.

So drop either confuse ray or will-o-wisp, maybe think about toxic on Gengar or Ninetales.
Oh man, how many times must I explain why this set is good? First of all Pikube your set is fine on this guy. Confuse Ray makes it so that you're hit 50% of the time. Burn halves attack. Therefore you have a 50% chance of being hit by a weak attack and that is much better then a 50% chance of being hit by a normal attack. Your attacks should be able to make up for that little loss of the halved attack against themselves. Ninetales has a pretty low Defense, and a burn is absolutelly what the doctor ordered. There is a reason for the fact that only a few number of pokemon can learn Will-o-Wisp, and a lot can learn Toxic. Stay with Will-o-Wisp and Confuse Ray here, no if's and's or but's about it!

With Raichu don't go with FP=Encore, it makes you split the EV's, and it doesn't always work. Stay with your solid MS here.

Ninjask is fine.

Gengar- Again Will-o-Wisp>Toxic. Maybe Confuse Ray instead of Will-o-Wisp cause he's got decent Defense.

I'd say instead of Rhydon OR Zangoose, you could go with a comprimise between the two. Try this, you might like it.

Slaking @Anything (Same nature)
-Hyper Beam
-Earthquake
-Shadow Ball
-Fire Blast/Rest/Whatever you see fit

He's awesome. HB can almost OHKO anything. E-quake for dealing with Electrics, SB for Ghost, and I use FB for those annoyin spikin skarms.

I don't like this version of Sceptile. I prefer a Special Sweeper version really:

Sceptile @Leftovers
-Leaf Blade
-Dragon Claw
-Crunch
-Substitute

This fills any/all gaps that the rest of your team doesn't get. Substitute, get HP back w/Lefties, LB for STAB, DC for Dragons, Crunch for helpin with any psychics that come your way. This is very nice, especially because you already have 2 stallers (Gengar, and Ninetales).

I hope this was of some help!