PDA

View Full Version : Art by Shining Kabutops aka Cloudskipper

Shining Kabutops
27th January 2003, 03:12 PM
Hi, I'm Shining Kabutops, also known as Cloudskipper. :wave:
Here are two of my pictures! I have just developed a new style to get thinner-lines to look less like pixels. I did these on PSP7 if you're interested! ;)
Here is my Sunset Ho-Oh:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Shining Kabutops
27th January 2003, 03:13 PM
And this picture is of a mother Kingdra with her baby Horsea. :D
Please tell me what you think of them!

Nuriko
27th January 2003, 03:22 PM
Wow! You're really talented, those are amazing! ^^ The poses aren't outstanding, but I shouldn't talk... if you've ever seen my pics. These are just fabulous compared to them! o.o XD Especially since Ho-oh is really hard to draw... but you did it just about perfectly! I love the colours, you made it look really pretty. ^^ And i love the backround, 'tis very pretty and fitting.
The second piccie is very well done too, aw, the lil' baby Horsea is so cute! ^^ And her mother looks proud and protective.. I love the expressions! Oh, and very good job with the shading and that. ^_^ Keep up the great work!

Shining Kabutops
27th January 2003, 03:24 PM
Thanks, Nuriko! I used to be on TPM a while back. I hung around in the Art Lounge, and I remember you being there. I did a pic for you, I seem to remember. Can't remember if I used this name though. :confused:
*Thinks of which Pokemon to do next*

Arcanine18
27th January 2003, 03:32 PM
Might I suggest Arcanine? *grins*

Beautiful art, btw! :) I'm curious about that "new style"... just how exactly did you do those pics?

Shining Kabutops
27th January 2003, 03:36 PM
Thanks Arcanine! Your pics are awesome! ;)
As a matter of fact, I think I have a spare Arcanine pic hanging around...
*digs*
Ah yes, here it is!
I did these pictures by using a very small brush size on a very large canvas size and resizing the picture down to get rid of the pixely effect.
I did this pic a while ago, Arcy and baby Growlithe!

Arcanine18
28th January 2003, 12:36 AM
Aaaah, GIMME! *runs off with pic*
Thank you very very much for posting. Muaha.
I did not think that you actually painted them on-screen... my respect! :)

Shining Kabutops
28th January 2003, 11:14 AM
This one isn't Pokemon, but it turned out pretty well so I decided to put it up. It's a Ringwraith from Lord of the Rings! :)

Totodile Lover
28th January 2003, 06:28 PM
Arcanine took the picture X.x, *takes rest* mwhahahaha!! I suggest legolas!! Not that you have to do him! I just want to see.

Shining Kabutops
29th January 2003, 12:27 PM
Thanks for your comments people, here's another Arcanine I did tonight!

Shining Kabutops
29th January 2003, 02:25 PM
And another one I just made - Charizard. I'm really pleased with the facial expression on this one!

SilentStryker
29th January 2003, 11:47 PM
Wow your art is amazing. That is all I have... well that and this: :o

Azureon
30th January 2003, 12:01 AM
Simply breathtaking...^^ Wow, you are a real pro! The Ho-oh looks so neat! That would have to be my favorite. ^^ The Kingdra and the Horsea both look adorable. You don't see those two pokemon drawn often, and it's nice to see them in your style. ^^ The other drawings look great! I really admire the coloring you use. You used PSP7 to make these?! o.o; I'm amazed! I've had that program for months and I could never produce anything as beautiful as these! ;_; Wonderful work!

Ninetales3001
30th January 2003, 12:04 AM
You're so talented!!!! The Ho-oh is my absolute favorite. ..WOW! My god - what other art do you have to share for us? I love you're style so much.... wow. ^^;;

God of Fire
30th January 2003, 07:31 AM
Those pictures are awesome!! The Charizard and the Ho-Oh are magnificent (especially Ho-Oh) The Kingdra and Horsea is very kawaii^_^

Can I suggest a Bashaamo or Xatu drawing?

Shining Kabutops
30th January 2003, 09:41 AM
OMG thank you soooooo much for your comments guys! I feel so chuffed and choked up! :D :D :D
I will try and do a Xatu/Bashamo next if I can, I'm doing some requests atm but I might be able to get one done tonight if I can!
Thanks again!!!!

Shining Kabutops
30th January 2003, 01:56 PM
You asked for Bashamo, so here it is! I am getting better at Flamethrower effects! Please rate!

Arcanine18
30th January 2003, 02:25 PM
Ohhhh... more pics to comment on. :)

Arcanines. *purrrrrrrrrr* Beautiful!
The Charizard's arms look a bit... uhm tiny, but apart from that the pic is great too.

Ahh, right, the ringwraith! Very good light effects, impressive. :) Okay... what's next?
*sits down and waits in a dog-like way for the next tidbit*

Shining Kabutops
30th January 2003, 02:29 PM
lol, well, here is a picture somebody requested on another forum (please don't use it for anything!) ;)

God of Fire
30th January 2003, 03:31 PM
Ahh *hugs Bashaamo* it's brilliant^_^ I also like the Cyndaquil/Chikorita battle, your artworks very good

Sandslash and Ninetails
30th January 2003, 07:01 PM
Those are wonderful drawings. My favorite is the first picture of Arcanine, it's a really good and sweet picture. The poses on some aren't that original, but overall the pictures are good. The coloring on all the pictures are great, very well done. On the Charizard picture, the only thing I see wrong is I think his arm is a little too thin, but that may just be me. ^^; I like the Kingdra and Horsea one, that one looks really good to me. The shading seems to be pretty good on the pictures, that helps make the pictures look good. ^_^ Good job, I look forward to seeing some more art by you. Keep up the good work!

Nuriko
30th January 2003, 07:19 PM
Oh wow! o.o I think I already replied to this topic, but you have so many more great pictures now! ^^ My new favorite is the Bashamo, the pose is so neat, i can never draw Pokémon doing attacks. >< It looks like real fire! ^^ And you're so good with shading! I also really like the Chikorita/Cyndaquil battle, how the Chikorita's sorta leaping up and attacking... ^^ What attack is that, btw? Solar Beam? Whatever it is, it looks very neat! The same goes for all your other piccies. ^-^ Keep it up!

Shining Kabutops
31st January 2003, 09:52 AM
Thanks guys! You have no idea how happy this makes me feel! (blush)
That is Solarbeam that Chikorita is using. It took a long time to do and I was trying to get the impression of light and power at the same time, I was quite pleased with the result!!
And congrats, Nuriko, on becoming a mod!!! :D You deserve it!

Shining Kabutops
1st February 2003, 12:43 PM
Another request picture I did, it's of Meganium and Cyndaquil (please don't use it for anything!!!):

Devil_Angel
2nd February 2003, 04:59 AM
You are very clever! :)
Can you make more Pokémon battles? Pliz... They're very CooL!
I'll give those pictures:
8.7/10

:wave:

Shining Kabutops
2nd February 2003, 11:29 AM
Another picture, it's Tyranitar!

Shining Kabutops
2nd February 2003, 03:12 PM
And another one, Electabuzz! :D