PDA

View Full Version : Team Rain Dance, well sorta Team Rain Dance

Whisper in the Wind
8th April 2004, 10:15 PM
Deoxys (LF) [Leftovers] - Spiker/Annoyer (Pressure)

Counter
Toxic
Spikes
Rest

Pretty Simple. Lead with Toxic. Then try to lay 3 layers of spikes. Toxic effects all but Steel and Poison Types (Who have a tendacy to use physical attacks, hence Counter) Rest when needed [Duh].

Base Stats: 600
Weakness: Bug, Dark, Ghost
Resistences: Fighting, Psychic

Scizor [Liechi Berry] - Physical Sweeper/Endure-Reverser (Swarm)

Reversal
Endure
Steel Wing
Agility

Another pretty simple one. Shame that his abiltiy does him no favors. Pretty simple. Agility up (since he has low base speed), use Steel Wing as the main attack until the Endure Reversal needs to take place.

Base Stats: 500
Weakness: Fire
Resitences: Bug, Steel, Normal, Grass, Ice, Psychic, Dark, Ghost, Poison, Dragon

Starmie [Leftovers] - Special Sweeper (Natural Cure)

Surf
Thunder
Rain Dance
Rest

Pretty self explanatory. Rain Dance, take advantage of it. Rest when low on health then switch.

Base Stats: 520
Weakness: Bug, Dark, Ghost, Electric, Grass
Resistences: Water, Psychic, Fighting, Ice, Steel, Fire.

Golduck [Salac Berry] - Special Sweeper (Damp)

Surf
Rain Dance
Calm Mind
Ice Beam

Pretty Simple I believe. Calm Mind up, use Rain Dance to boost Surf (and cut solarbeam up), use Ice Beam to beat the crap outa those Grass types.

Base Stats: 500
Weakness: Grass, Electric
Resistence: Water, Ice, Steel, Fire

Tentacruel [Leftovers] - Tank (Liquid Ooze)

Surf
Barrier
Mirror Coat
Giga Drain

In a way, its an anti-Ludicolo (Liquid Ooze). Giga Drain for some extra health when gettign low on HP (Replaces Rest since he can't get posioned). Mirror Coat to screw over people trying to kill me with Specials.

Base Stat: 515
Weakness: Psychic, Earthquake, Electric
Resistence: Water, Ice, Steel, Fire, Poison, Bug, Fight

Qwilfish [Bright Powder] - Hazer/Annoyer (Swift Swim)

Haze
Sludge Bomb
Flail
Rain Dance

My anti-tank. With Rain Dance he will probably be faster than most. Flail works very nicely when he's low on health, Sludge Bomb as my mai nattack until that happens.

Base Stats: 530
Weakness: Psychic, Earthquake, Electric
Resistence: Water, Ice, Steel, Fire, Poison, Bug, Fight

Now before you start rating, let me just point out one thing. I am aware of the 4 Pokemon weak to Electric and my lack of Earthquake. However, may I poitn out the Mirror Coats. Personally, I think this team can handle the 1 or 2 electric types the standard team would carry.

Sir Chris
8th April 2004, 10:51 PM
Deoxys- eww an 00ber, you make baby jesus cry :(. Recover over rest(btw I hate this set and I hope you burn for using it)

calm mind
psychic
spikes
recover

scizor- hp bug over steel wing...

starmie- ice beam over rain dance... you have enough rain dancers as is...

tentacruel- last time I checked it didn't have the special attack to handle a 60 base power non stabbed move...

kthnx :|

qwilfish will never be low on health... he will always be ohkoed by any strong attacks...

meh... bad themed team imo... just won't work well in the r/s metagame... I'd suggest starting at a basis of starmie and work around that to form som eother sort of team... the team has a lot of weaknesses and the theory behind it is ill concieved...

Whisper in the Wind
9th April 2004, 10:43 AM
Deoxys is no more 00ber than Salamence or Dragonite. Same Base Stats