PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Autographs!

Meowth_Kitten
27th January 2003, 04:21 PM
A few years ago for Christmas, my parents got me a picture of Billy Gilman [the cute little country boy who sang that powerful song called One Voice] . It was even signed by him! But little did any of us know, even my parents, it was a print-off of his autograph. My mom had even ordered it from Billy's record company and they told her that it was real. But I found out it was fake when I was looking at the photo in the light and I could tell it was simply printed on. Plus it looked excactly like a similar signature I had seen on Billy's website. No two signatures can look exactly alike, right down to the point where ink ran out and part of the letter wasn't there. So I was really bummed. I still have the picture, but it would mean more to me if it was really Billy Gilman's real signature.

Polls:

1) Do you own any celebrity autographs that you know for a fact are really signed by that person?
2) If so, where did you get it?
3) What other celeb signatures would you ever like to own?
4) How would you feel if you got a picture, like me, and found out it wasn't the real signature?

Most of my answers are above, but for number three, I wish I could have each one of the Hanson guys' signatures, all of Aerosmith's, Metallica's, Toby Keith's, Alan Jackson's, and many more. Oh, can't forget Nick and Aaron Carter. =) So how about you guys?

Discothéque
27th January 2003, 05:41 PM
1) Do you own any celebrity autographs that you know for a fact are really signed by that person?
4) How would you feel if you got a picture, like me, and found out it wasn't the real signature?
-
1: Yes; I have autograph cards of Billy Boyd, Bernard Hill, Craig Parker and Karl Urban. ^__^; I also had an Orlando Bloom card, but... I sold it for $400 dollars. xD
2: I got the Bernard Hill one and the Orlando one packs of LotR cards I bought, the rest were gotten from eBay. (All of them are the auto cards you can get from the packs of Topps cards, which cannot be forged because the cards they are printed on can't be copied.)
3: Viggo Mortensen and Sean Bean, which I've wanted forever! Er, well, a really long time. I might be able to get 'em both tomorrow. ^^' *shrug* And also the James Marsters auto card from the "Buffy" and "Angel" series.
4: Well, the only autographs I'd ever buy from a site would truly be just the auto cards, as like I said before; they cannot be forged. But if I ever did get a picture and it wasn't the real signature, I say I wouldn't be quite happy.

DarkTemplarZero
27th January 2003, 07:13 PM
1) yep, 3. Pepe Sanchez, Kevin Ollie, World B. Free, Clyde Frazier, and Daryl Dawkins.

2) The first 3 at one camp, the last 2 at another.

3) Kobe Bryant definetly. Maybe Jason Kidd on my Kidd rookie card :p

4) I'd track down whoever gave it to me and shoot them :p

Crystal Mew
27th January 2003, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by Discothéque
I also had an Orlando Bloom card, but... I sold it for $400 dollars. xD

=O you should have sold it to me! ;-;

anyways...
1. No,I dont ;-; but my mom does :D she owns a pic with Gilligan Anderson on it..Scully from X-Files..its real too..I can see where the pen was fading out even XD

2. She got it off e-bay....I'm think about getting one off there :>

3. Well....I would like to get an autograph by Orlando Bloom :D
*sees all her online friends sweatdrop*
^^;;;; ....and othe people from LoTR.... =P
and I may be getting a J-Lo autograph...I'll take any autograph,lol

4. I would be really mad...probably see who I got it from and try to get my money back at the least o_O'

Ninetales3001
28th January 2003, 01:00 AM
1) Yes I do - I have quite a few lol

2) Sugar Jones (Canadian Popstars) - I waited in line for 6 hours at an autograph signing thing for them. I got all 5 of them to sign the CD. :)
Local Actresses/Actors (I got these this Saturday when I went to see the last showing of NRG Aurum:
Donya Metzger - "Thanks for coming 3 times! Donya M" We talked for like 10 minutes too.. she was so nice! :)
Christi Arellano - She actually approatched me which was cool. We talked for a bit and then a bit later when I caught her before I left, I asked her for her autograph and she was extremely happy to give it :) "Thankx so much for coming 3x!! C Arellano
Ian Rozylo - THIS GUY IS SO HOT AND OMFG I was so nervous and he signed it and he was so sexy while signing it XD "Thanks alot Ian R"
Kimmy Choi - She was so short ~_~ lol I loved her voice in the play.. my favorite one of them all. She was so nice and she invited me and my best friend to go to the after party! "Phil, You Rock! <3 Kimmy"
Vincent Tong - He was a jerk. lol.. "Phil, you're a nut for wanting this - VT"
Erin ronningen - I first talked to her and told her that i loved the show and she was so happy (It was her first real theatrical preformance). I then asked her for her autograph at the after party. I was like "May i have your autograph?" and she's like "OF COURSE!" and she was so happy XD "Phil, Thanks for the love and support - E Ronningen"

Haha it was an awesome night for getting autographs. They may not be big worldwide but here they're really well known and highly respected. :)

3) Geri Halliwell! I WANT HER AUTOGRAPH SO MUCH! *Cries*

4) I'd be pissed off - especially if I paid a lot of money for it. ^^;

SupremeChampion
28th January 2003, 07:44 PM
1.) yes, in fact i have about 25-more of them.
2.) flyers carnival, celebraty outing, before games.
3.) dunno, whatever i get.
4.) i'd be muy depressed.

~The Italian Stallion

Starry Might
30th January 2003, 07:00 PM
Hmmm...

Me: I don't personally have any autographs, but my Dad does! (UPDATE: I asked my Mom if she had any autographs, and she did once...)

Me: My Dad got it from my Grandpa (my Dad's dad). It's a picture of the moon landing signed by James Irwin. My Grandpa met James Irwin at a health farm long ago, and he signed pictures for my Grandpa's kids (including my Dad). (UPDATE: My Mom used to have an autographed photo of Bobby Sherman, but she doesn't know what became of it...)

Me: Hmmm... I'm not an active seeker of autographs, so I'm like this: :confused: . (I wouldn't mind owning an autographed anything of somebody I liked, though! :yes: In fact, as of late, I like to look up "Lord Of The Rings" stuff on Ebay, and it'd be cool to own an autographed something by one of the actors/actresses from those movies! :D)

Me: :no: <- Like that, probably.

madeofsapphire
30th January 2003, 07:55 PM
i have tons of baseball autographs including all the 2002 Milwaukee Brewers except for Jose Hernadez and Geoff Jenkins. ive got tons of Ichiro autographs, most of the 1994 Orix Blue Wave from the Japanese League, and lots of other baseball players autographs. from football ive got Randy Moss, Randall Cunningham, Brett Favre, Bryce Paup, Brad Johnson(from when he was still with the Vikings), Bill Schroeder, Barry Sanders, Troy Aikman, and Drew Bledsoe(which i really wanna get rid of). from basketball ive got only Zhizhi Wang and Corey Maggette.from actors ive got Bruce Lee(it cost my dad over $1500 on ebay, then i got it as a birthday present for my 6th birthday).i also have an autographed picture from the Freddy Krueger(sp) guy that i got from him when i was 2 but i dont remember it.
i got the Brewers' autographs in their clubhouse last year, i got Ichiro autographs from Mariner and Blue Wave games. i got the Blue Wave autographs from various Blue Wave games in 1994(the year me and my dad were season ticket holders for them). my other baseball autographs were from Mariners games from two years ago. the football autographs i got from baseball and football conventions. i got the basketball autographs from a Clippers @ Mavericks game last year.
Tony Gwynn
dont know, thats never happened to me before.

White Gryphon
1st February 2003, 05:39 PM
1) I can only think of three right now, and they are autographs of Neleh, Gabe, and Paschal from Survivor 4. I know they are real because I saw them write them. :D

2) They held an autograph session at the local mall.

3) Would I like to own? I want Satoshi Tajiri's, Naoko Takeuchi's, Pierce Brosnan's, Steven Spielberg's, and Susan Roman's.

4) I probably wouldn't mind, since I usually don't investigate into them anyway.

Heavenly Sage HLSOE
2nd February 2003, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by Meowth_Kitten
A few years ago for Christmas, my parents got me a picture of Billy Gilman [the cute little country boy who sang that powerful song called One Voice] . It was even signed by him! But little did any of us know, even my parents, it was a print-off of his autograph. My mom had even ordered it from Billy's record company and they told her that it was real. But I found out it was fake when I was looking at the photo in the light and I could tell it was simply printed on. Plus it looked excactly like a similar signature I had seen on Billy's website. No two signatures can look exactly alike, right down to the point where ink ran out and part of the letter wasn't there. So I was really bummed. I still have the picture, but it would mean more to me if it was really Billy Gilman's real signature.

Polls:

Most of my answers are above, but for number three, I wish I could have each one of the Hanson guys' signatures, all of Aerosmith's, Metallica's, Toby Keith's, Alan Jackson's, and many more. Oh, can't forget Nick and Aaron Carter. =) So how about you guys?

1. I am sure I have Man U star John O'Sheas
2. I sent it to the F>C
3. I wanna have Becks
4. Terrible. Lol :)

Wolfsong
2nd February 2003, 06:26 PM
1) Do you own any celebrity autographs that you know for a fact are really signed by that person? I have 2 that i know for a fact. One is a picture of Pam and Mel Tillis. The ther is of Kirby Van Birch.
2) If so, where did you get it? I got both in Branson. I even got my picture taken with Pam and Mel. I went to one person's show one noight and the others then next.
3) What other celeb signatures would you ever like to own?Toby Keith, Joe Nichols, and Alan jackson's
4) How would you feel if you got a picture, like me, and found out it wasn't the real signature? I'd be really upset

Renegade
2nd February 2003, 06:41 PM
1. Some of Hungary's greatest soccer stars and New Found Glory :O
2. The soccer guys had a reunion thing a few years ago in New Jersey and they signed it in person. :O And New Found Glory was a few weeks ago at Virgin Megastore in Times Square. Ian had a Michelle Branch shirt =P
3. Korn's, Metallica's, System of a Down's, Static-X's, and um...J.Lo's signed panties =D *drools*
4. Wouldn't really care =P

pikachu_rulez
29th March 2003, 08:26 AM
Hmmm, well I don't know if this would count as a celebrity, but I have a book signed by Ann M. Martin (who wrote the Baby-Sitter's Club books). She was at the local bookstore for a signing and it was definately her. I gave her flowers and a letter and we were actually talking a little. Then she signed my book :D

I'd love to have Vanessa Carlton's signature. I'm such a big fan of her. And Naoko Takeuchi :D

If the signature was from a form letter or something, I'd be fine, but if I actually paid for it, I'd scream and demand my money back.

Undomelin
29th March 2003, 05:09 PM

1) Yeah! I have Viggo Mortensen, Orlando Bloom, Liv Tyler, and Miranda Otto :)
2) I got Viggo's during a book signing... he was there and dreamy *sigh* And the others off E-bay, except Liv Tyler, because my mom was a fan of that movie Armageddon and she got it :)
3) I want Sean's too! Sean ASTIN's. and Bean's.
4) Arghhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! -_-;;;

Sean the Greatest
29th March 2003, 05:17 PM

1] yes, by Elena Vitrichenko from Ukraine, former World Champion, Alina Kabaeva from Russia, current World Champion, Maria Petrova (Bulgaria) - former Worldchampion and Yulia Barsoukova (Current Olympic Champion from Russia) -- all four from Rhythmic Gymnastics...

2]Several international tournaments, thanks to my oldest sister, who was in the national team of our country
3] I have no idea

4]At one time I feel dissapointed, other way... maybe next time more luck...