PDA

View Full Version : Rmct...

Ferilian
9th April 2004, 08:35 PM
It means rate my colosseum team! This team is for the level 50 things on Colloseum, so It'll have to be good. I just restarted my ruby and went through it and gave all the TMs to my sapphire where I'm building the team, so TMs shouldn't be a problem. Also, keep in mind they can only learn moves available under or at lv 50! So no Sky Uppercut on Blaziken or anything like that. Ok...

SWAMPERT@?
(Bashful)
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-HP Electric
-Mirror Coat

I am NOT rebreeding for a Modest nature or anything, it took long enough to get a neutral male with HP electric! Now, as you can see, he is a special sweeper. I put all EVs into his sp attack, so no need to worry about that. I chose Electric for HP because water types are really the only thing he can't take down (whithout MC that is), and surf does fine for any water/grounds.

BLAZIKEN@Shell Bell/Leftys/Scope Lens
-Bulk Up
-Blaze Kick/Flamethrower
-Return
-???

It works, that's about it. I don't know what to do for the last slot though. Should I use up my only Brick Break TM left on it? Or is Double Kick Ok? :sweat4:

SCEPTILE@?
-Leaf Blade
-Dragon Claw
-Faint Attack/???
-???

He's my fast special sweeper. The only problem is he's my only one and he's male, so no crunch. I don't know what else to do with him, unless I want to use my only Roar TM on him. HELP!

BEAUTIFLY@Shell Bell/?
-Morning Sun
-Stun Spore
-Giga Drain
-Silver Wind

I know it sucks, but I have this odd obssession with it. The set actually works quite well. It's just Stun it, drain and wind it, and if his HP gets low Morning Sun or two. Please don't remove him unless it's absolutely necessary, and even then I may not.

SWALOT@Chesto Berry/?
-Amnesia
-Toxic/Sludge Bomb
-Rest
-Shadow Ball/other physical attack

He's meant to be a tank. The problem is I don't have my Sludge Bomb TM anymore, I think I wasted it on some crappy Vileplume. So, should I try and go get another one? Or is another attack OK?

SALAMENCE@?
-Dragon Dance (unless I need to breed for this)
-Earthquake/???
-???
-???

I didn't want this guy due to TM troubles, but if you guys have a worthwhile set, I'm listening. Otherwise, I have this Medicham.

~or~

MEDICHAM@?
-Calm Mind
-Psychic
-special attack
-Baton Pass/special attack

I dunno about this guy. I just really need some help with this guy. I'd prefer a special sweeper, although I'm a little lacking physical-wise, so maybe a phys. sweeper instead?

Thanks for any help. I don't know how this'll work out, but I hope it all works. And feel free to switch any pokes.

Rabid_Cow
9th April 2004, 10:04 PM
Will rate a few, then I gtg. Promise to rate others later. Promise.

Swampert - Anything for an item would be fine here. I'd go maybe with Focus Band for MC combo there.

Blaziken - Go with Sky Uppercut for last moveslot. It's not worth wastin a BB TM here in my opinion. Scope Lense + Blaze Kick. I use it, and I suggest you do too!

Sceptile - I don't know here. I know you have Brick Break for a TM left, and it might be worth using. Go with this maybe:

Sceptile @Miracle Seed
-Leaf Blade
-Dragon Claw
-Brick Break
-Aerial Ace

I know this looks weird, but w/o Crunch he's not too great of a special sweeper. Roar goes last, and isn't a good idea on him. BB and AA will take care of Normal types, and Grass types for you. Only problem is splittin EV's but I think this is your best choice.

I gtg, I'll rate rest later! Hope this was of some help!

Ferilian
9th April 2004, 10:30 PM
The only problem is that Blaziken can't get Sky Uppercut because he learns it at lv 59, and the limit for the team is as I said 50. So, BB or something else?

Rabid_Cow
10th April 2004, 12:18 PM
Sorry, I didn't realize this was for Level 50. I just assumed 100. My bad. If you had a female you could breed it for Sky Uppercut. I'd say go with Double Kick if you spend BB TM on Sceptile, or DO use it on this guy. I think that Sceptile could use Iron Tail instead of BB to his advantage. It would help with any Ice pokemon that are sent out to deal with him.

So after all of that considering and contemplating, go with BB on Blaziken, and IT for Sceptile. Blaziken gets the STAB, and Sceptile can use IT for Ice. In the end they're all happy!

OK, for the rest of em:

Beautifly - UU and good. If you don't want me to change this, I won't. I actually think it's pretty creative!

Swalot - Two words: Body Slam. This miracle worker is the perfect move for him. It has a great chance of paralisis, and solid base power. Go with this moveset: (also SB TM is already used, and I prefer this anyways!)

Swalot @Chesto
-Body Slam
-Toxic
-Amnesia
-Rest

DD is an Egg move on Salamence, and Medicham isn't really worth your time. I'm partial to Slaking, but I'll also suggest Zangoose.

Slaking @Shell Bell. Definetally Shell Bell.
-Hyper Beam
-Shadow Ball
-Earthquake
-Fire Blast

I'm goin through BT in Ru right now (lvl 50) and this guy is definetally the coolest thing since peanut butter! He's HUGE! If you didn't want to go with FB in the last slot (mainly there for Skarms), consider a Chesto Rest.

Zangoose @Silk Scarf
-Swords Dance
-Return
-Shadow Ball
-Aerial Ace/Quick Attack

I think this guy is alright, but I still prefer my Slaking. Pretty self explanitory. SD a couple of times, then sweep. QA for a finisher, or AA for Grass. It's really up to you.

Hope this was of some help!

Ferilian
10th April 2004, 02:02 PM
I think I'll go with Zangoose, since I've got Slaking on my main team. But, I don't have another Shadow Ball TM. I was thinking maybe this set?

ZANGOOSE@nothing
-Swords Dance
-Crush Claw/Return
-Theif
-Aerial Ace/Quick Attack

I know Theif isn't stabbed or a physical attack, but it's only for ghosts and stealing good items like leftys. Would this work? Or maybe some other physical attack? Also, do you have any other pokey ideas for the last slot? I can't get Zangoose in Sapphire, so I'd have to trade a female from my bros game to breed with my old male one. Maybe another normal type? Anything is fine as long as it works on a lv 50 team.

phaedrus
10th April 2004, 10:01 PM
well....

if you could get a sableye:

lvl sableye up till it learns shadow ball

breed that with spinda for a shadowball spinda.

then breed that with zangoose.

that is if you could get a sableye.

Ferilian
27th April 2004, 09:41 PM
Ok, I redid the team, and here's what I've got. Try not to change any Pokeys please!

SWAMPERT@Shell Bell/Focus Band
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-HP Electric
-Mirror Coat

This guy's a great special sweeper. I was thinking maybe Focus band for Mirror Coat's sake?

BLAZIKEN@Shell Bell/Leftys
-Blaze Kick
-Brick Break
-Return/Slash
-Bulk Up

SCEPTILE@???
-Leaf Blade
-Dragon Claw
-Pursuit (male, and it actually works somewhat well, wish I could get crunch)
-Protect/???

Sorry, I tried. I dunno, maybe I'll restart my Ruby and look for a female Treecko. Too bad I already used the TM for DC on him...can I breed it onto my new one somehow?

SALAMENCE@Shell Bell/???
-Dragon Claw
-Crunch
-Hydro Pump
-Flamethrower/Fire Blast

Took forever to get this, so please no major changes.

SWALOT@???
-Sludge Bomb
-Body Slam
-Toxic
-Encore/Yawn/Amnesia

Yay, he gets Sludge Bomb naturally at Lv48!

BEAUTIFLY@Shell Bell/Focus Band
-Silver Wind
-Giga Drain/Psychic
-Stun Spore/Sleep Powder
-Morning Sun

Since he has no staying power I've discovered, I might go for Sleep Powder with F Band if Swampy doesn't use it. And I thought maybe Psy over Giga Drain since it has more PP and base power.

EDIT: Nevermind about Sceptile. I rebred him so I've got Leaf Blade, Dragon Claw, Crunch, and Protect. YAY!!!