PDA

View Full Version : And yet another team!

Ferilian
10th April 2004, 12:31 AM
Sorry, I'm really abusing TPM right now :evil:. Ok, this is my bro's planned team. He's one of those n00bs who still thinks a Charizard with ember, flamethrower, fire spin, and fire blast are good; so excuse any crappy sets he has. He hasn't made this yet, but he has a start, so feel free to make any dramatic changes. So, in no particular order (who should start?)...

AGGRON@Leftys/?
-Iron Tail
-Earthquake
-Double Edge (with rock head)
-Roar/Protect/???

A physical sweeper and possibly phazer. I'm not sure what to do with the last slot. Can he learn anything to raise attack?

SCEPTILE@Focus Band/Leftys/Chesto
-Leaf Blade
-Dragon Claw
-Detect/Protect/Roar/???
-Rest?

Yup, a male. So, what can we do besides EV splitting? Does he have the defenses/moves for a tank?

SWELLOW@?
-Endeavor
-Aerial Ace
-Double Team/Protect
-??? (maybe something like Agility or Quick Attack?)

If I'm not mistaken, endeavor Swellow works pretty well. My bro really wants this guy, but I understand if it needs to be removed.

CAMERUPT@Chesto
-Eruption
-Earthquake/Rock Slide
-Rock Slide/Amnesia
-Rest

A tank. Works great with chesto rest and eruption. But should I do quake and amnesia, or stick rock slide somewhere in there?

ALAKAZM@Quick Claw/Shell Bell
-Psychic
-Calm Mind/Encore
-ELEMENTAL Punch/Disable
-Recover

Dunno if he wants a sweeper or annoyer. I think both sets work fine, so whatever you guys think works best for the team.

WALREIN/?
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Body Slam (???)
-Rest

Another tank. Wow, my bros really into attacking moves.

I helped him with most of the sets, so some probably aren't too bad I hope. Oh, and big note...KEEP IN MIND THAT MY BRO HAS THE USUAL TM LIMITS. SO IF YOU DO REST ON SCEPTILE, NO REST ON CAMERUPT! If it means dropping some, so be it. But keep Aggron, it's his fave. Okey, that's all my rates for a while (I hope) :orange: !

Ferilian
11th April 2004, 08:14 PM
Oh, come on. I know for sure it is in no way perfect! Half the sets are uncomplete! So this is a plea/bump and I also have a change to make. My bro has decided to drop Walrein. We need a good suggestion to go there. I told him to use a water type, but he's not sure. Need help! Maybe tanking Wischash?

Wiscash@Chesto
-Earthquake
-Surf/Dive
-Rest
-Amnesia/Attract/Ice Beam

phaedrus
11th April 2004, 08:19 PM
can't rate anything, but he should use ludy.

raindance
leechseed
dive/surf
gigadrain
<raindish/swiftswim>
@leftovers

that should work. i have to go so i'll rate later. try to rate mine if you have time. =D

phaedrus
12th April 2004, 05:27 PM
aggron:roar. lefties.

sceptile:earthquake>detect, aerialace in the last spot is probably the best he can do. liechi berry if possible.

swellow:doubleteam>protect, fly/quickattack/return in the last spot. i would say focus band for the item.

camerupt: amnesia>rockslide. whichever one get stab>whichever doesn't get stab. (haha the wording is funny =D)

alakazam:encore>calmmind, torment/disable (depending on availability)>punch.

keep walrein. it's, big, fat, and i get to laugh at it. =D. earthquake>bodyslam. if he can't put eq b/c of tms, then keep that set the way it is. walrein is a good chesto-resto, so i say chesto berry.

Iveechan
13th April 2004, 01:00 AM
I'm pretty sure Spheal can learn EQ, so you can breed an easily accessable Camerupt with a female. If not, then oh well...

Ferilian
25th April 2004, 02:04 PM
Ok, we didn't take all your suggestions, but we tried to better it. He doesn't want to breed, so even change the pokeys if you need to, just as little breeding as possible pleez.

AGGRON@Shell Bell?
-Iron Tail
-Quake
-Double Edge (with rock head)
-Roar

SCEPTILE@?
-Leaf Blade
-Dragon Claw
-Protect/Detect
-Toxic

Toxi-staller as well as special sweeper.

WAILORD@Chesto/Quick Claw/Leftys
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Rest
-???

ALAKAZAM@Focus Band/Shell Bell
-Psychic
-Shock Wave
-Calm Mind
-Recover/Reflect/Disable

SWELLOW@Focus Band/?
-Aerial Ace
-Return
-Endeavor
-Double Team

CAMERUPT@Chesto/Quick Claw
-Eruption
-Earthquake
-Amnesia/Rock Slide
-Rest

We don't want him too much like Wailord.

I hope this is a lot better (even though not that different). We tried for good sets with minimal/no breeding; i.e., shock wave on kazam.

Rabid_Cow
25th April 2004, 03:27 PM
Aggron needs Aerial Ace. Great for Fighters. AA>Roar

Sceptile @Shell Bell
-Leaf Blade
-Crunch
-Dragon Claw
-Toxic / Earthquake / Aerial Ace / Protect

Any of the last 3 moves is fine here. I like protect latelly cause it's great against Slakings!

Sweet you have a Wailord here. NICE. I love Wailord and I'm raising a fun one right now. Go with Sleep Talk in his last slot. Leftovers is HUGE here w/his high HP.

Alakazam needs to have a theme here. I would recommend a Encore/Disabler:

Alakazam @anything
-Encore
-Disable
-Psychic
-Recover/Shock Wave

Drop Swellow. If you want a Facade/Guts pokemon go w/Ursaring. (if you have Colloseum)

Ursaring @anything
-Facade
-Earthquake
-Brick Break
-Rest

Camerupt is fine. Go w/Body Slam > Amnesia/Rock Slide. The paralize factor is nice here.

Pretty solid team. If you don't drop your Swellow it's fine w/the moveset you've got on it. Hope this was of some help!