PDA

View Full Version : Rate: The Fun Team

Rabid_Cow
10th April 2004, 06:19 PM
This is a team of pokemon that have a special place in my heart, and they seem to all get along as a team fairly well. Some are UU, and a couple others are picking up popularity. But without further adeu, my Fun Team:

Pikachu @Light Ball
-Rain Dance
-Thunder
-Hidden Power (ice)
-Thunder Wave

This took FOREVER to get a Light Ball, and then on top of that get a Timid one with HP Ice. I love this guy!

Ludicolo @Leftovers (ability Rain Dish)
-Giga Drain
-Dive
-Leech Seed
-Rain Dance

Huge staying power! GD and Dive for STABS. RD, LS, and Lefties make him almost imposible to take down.

Chimeco @Twisted Spoon
-Yawn
-Protect
-Dream Eater
-Heal Bell

Yawn, Protect, then give em a nightmare. HB is nice for when the rest of my team has incurred some status conditions.

Slaking @Silk Scarf
-Hyper Beam
-Earthquake
-Shadow Ball
-Fire Blast

Need I say more?

Kecleon @Choice Band
-Trick
-Substitute
-Focus Punch
-Shadow Ball

Trick bander + Color Change = priceless. FP and SB for good physical Attacks.

Sceptile @Scope Lens
-Leaf Blade
-Dragon Claw
-Crunch
-Roar

Needed a pseudo-hazer, and this guy is a pretty decent special sweeper. I took the Chesto Rest off of him cause his staying power is pretty low. Scope Lens is there just cause I couldn't decide on another item. Maybe Shell Bell. I don't know.

Thanks for any help in advance!

titandude21
10th April 2004, 07:53 PM
Pikachu: bolt > thunder if you can't stand the accuracy, and going with bolt also frees up a slot. if you go w/ bolt, then encore/protect in place of rain dance

Ludicolo: surf > dive; dive is fugly, even on a rain dish staller/annoyer set. rain dish isn't that good... 1/16th HP isn't worth 1 move slot... i'd go with ice beam/toxic over rain dance. you could also try a swift swim set w/ rain dance, surf/hydro pump, ice beam, leech seed; swift swim > rain dish anyway

chimecho: psychic is more reliable and is the better bet, even on fun teams

slaking: focus punch over fire blast, return over hyper beam. choice band if you have another one

kecleon: good

sceptile: not a good p-hazer IMO... leech seed/protect/hp fire work

Rabid_Cow
11th April 2004, 12:26 PM
Just a few notes:

Slaking, FP = Bad Idea. Only gets to attack every other turn + if you get hit then it's a loss of a move. HB > Return cause w/his ability it don't really matter if he has to recharge. Higher base power by 50 too. I think I will go w/Choice Band on this guy. I've got 5 now.

Chimeco - Psychic 10 less base power, plus no HP bonus. Yawn, protect, dream eat. That's what I was goin for with him.

I think I'm gonna replace my Sceptile w/a tank. Not sure who, but I'm leanin towards a second Ludicolo or a Dusclops. I don't know though. Any more help?

drizzt
11th April 2004, 12:27 PM
Hey Rabid_Cow. Here are the changes i would make.

Pikachu: Why not put HP Water on it. That is of course u wanted to counter something like grass, dragon etc.

Ludicolo: I prefer surf over dive but its personnal preference.

Chimeco: No nothing about him...

Slaking: I like the old Slack off + Leftover combo over Fire Blast

Kecleon and Scepticle are fine.
Hope i helped

Rabid_Cow
11th April 2004, 01:28 PM
Pikachu: HP Ice on Pikachu for his amazing ability to OHKO a Salamence. Nice.

Ludicolo: Dive for more HP. Only real reason here.

Thanks again for all the help so far! Any more?

phaedrus
11th April 2004, 04:34 PM
This is a team of pokemon that have a special place in my heart, and they seem to all get along as a team fairly well. Some are UU, and a couple others are picking up popularity. But without further adeu, my Fun Team:

Pikachu @Light Ball
-Rain Dance
-Thunder
-Hidden Power (ice)
-Thunder Wave

This took FOREVER to get a Light Ball, and then on top of that get a Timid one with HP Ice. I love this guy!t-bolt>thunder and filler>rd if you want. otherwise good.

Ludicolo @Leftovers (ability Rain Dish)
-Giga Drain
-Dive
-Leech Seed
-Rain Dance

Huge staying power! GD and Dive for STABS. RD, LS, and Lefties make him almost imposible to take down.seen it.

Chimeco @Twisted Spoon
-Yawn
-Protect
-Dream Eater
-Heal Bell

Yawn, Protect, then give em a nightmare. HB is nice for when the rest of my team has incurred some status conditions.seen this too.

Slaking @Silk Scarf
-Hyper Beam
-Earthquake
-Shadow Ball
-Fire Blast

Need I say more?you don't need to, but brickbreak over fireblast is an option. you could put roar>fireblast since sceptile is not gonna have it.

Kecleon @Choice Band
-Trick
-Substitute
-Focus Punch
-Shadow Ball

Trick bander + Color Change = priceless. FP and SB for good physical Attacks.yep.

Sceptile @Scope Lens
-Leaf Blade
-Dragon Claw
-Crunch
-Roar

Needed a pseudo-hazer, and this guy is a pretty decent special sweeper. I took the Chesto Rest off of him cause his staying power is pretty low. Scope Lens is there just cause I couldn't decide on another item. Maybe Shell Bell. I don't know.aerialace or earthquake over roar is a possibility.

Thanks for any help in advance!

nice team.

Rabid_Cow
16th April 2004, 05:37 PM
I waited a while to do this. Anyone else?