PDA

View Full Version : Rate: kickin rad (team)

phaedrus
10th April 2004, 09:35 PM
the smiley has inspired me.

time to kick it rad.

manectric(modest-m)
thunderwave
thunderbolt
bite
roar/????
@kingsrock
<lightningrod>
bite hax, leads to kill skarm.

grumpig(timid-m)
psychic
shockwave
calmmind
subsitute
@leftovers
<own tempo>

EDIT: switched to grumpy grumpig.

azumarill(timid-m/f)
surf/hydropump
subsitute
focuspunch
double-edge
@leftovers
<purepower>

or

sharpedo(timid-m/f)
surf/hydropump
crunch
icebeam
earthquake/hydropump
@shellbell/leftovers
<roughskin>

EDIT: switched to azumarill/sharpedo.

rhydon(jolly/adamant?-m)
rockslide
earthquake
swordsdance
megahorn
@leftovers/shellbell
<lightningrod/rockhead>

EDIT: changed to rhydon. also, how do you put both rock slide and swords dance onto it? (breeding chain?)

sceptile(serious-f)
pursuit
EDIT:earthquake/aerialace
leafblade
dragonclaw
@?????
<overgrow>

i opted pursuit over crunch for a number of reasons: no breed and to catch pokes that switch out. kinda like the opposite of focus punch. everything else should be normal.

<flygon>(adamant-?)
fly
earthquake
crunch
fireblast/dragonbreath
@shellbell
<levitate>

EDIT: put in flygon

thanks for rating this. keep in mind i may use any of the three for battle tower.

Rabid_Cow
11th April 2004, 01:24 PM
Hiya. I'll rate.

Magnectric - Perfect.

Gardevoir - I like it, except for one thing. I like Destiny Bond instead of Reflect for 2 reasons. It gets you a KO, and it can take out Ubers. Nuff said. Gardy's also fast enough to use it. BUT since this is in-game stay w/Reflect if you don't wanna go through the trouble again to raise it.

Starmie - Already got a 2 other pokes w/T-bolt, don't need another. Go with Rest as his last move. Heals status condition + w/Natural Cure, you can swap it out for another round.

Heracross - Definetally Bulk Up. Definetally.

Sceptile - I like Crunch more, but that's just me and most people out there. (hey I like a dream eatin' Chimeco, so hey man, whatever floats your boat!) You might want to consider putting Aerial Ace, or Earthquake instead of Safeguard. He's got no staying power whatsoever, and AA and E-Quake would help w/ Grass/Bugs and E-Quake can get off b/f a Fire pokemon can move. Just a thought.

Well for the last slot I've got a couple of ideas, but you want a flier. So, here goes:

Flygon @Shell Bell (Adamant)
-Screech
-Earthquake
-Fly
-Iron Tail
<Levitate>

You asked for a Flier, and also you could use another physical sweeper. E-Quake is STAB, Fly, you asked for it, and Iron Tail is for Ice. Covers itself pretty well this way.

I look at your team and see 4 special sweepers, and now 2 physical. I'd suggest considering dropping a special for maybe a tank, pseudo-hazer, spiker, or rapid spinner. This is just my opinion, and I thought I would share. You don't have to take any of my suggestions, but I hope that SOME were of some help!

Poryhedron
11th April 2004, 03:27 PM
Problem: you're already at 3x team weakness. Gardevoir, Starmie and Sceptile all take double damage from Bug-type attacks. If you want a Flyer, you should probably have it be actually Flying-type, with a Type1 that isn't weak against Bug, so both it and Heracross can absorb Bug hits. Other weaknesses to avoid are Dark, Fire, Flying and Ghost...you're at 2x as is on those four.

phaedrus
11th April 2004, 04:53 PM
pory-starmie can counter it's bug weak with ice beam.

but i was thinkin....

put in machamp instead of heracross. can it still live up to it's g/s/c fame?

crosschop
earthquake
rockslide
fireblast
@shellbell

it takes out the fire weak, and it deters bugs. maybe i could put salamence in the last spot:

dragondance
fly
earthquake
brickbreak

Poryhedron
11th April 2004, 05:04 PM
pory-starmie can counter it's bug weak with ice beam.
Erm, how? Bug-types aren't weak against Ice. Besides, even though Starmie can stop a Megahorn Heracross with Psychic, you need to be wary of relying too much on your own super-effective attacks to defend against weaknesses. Follow that strategy and non-STAB moves will wipe you out eventually. After all, the power bonus for STAB is only 1.5x and the bonus for being super-effective is 2x...

phaedrus
11th April 2004, 05:16 PM
Erm, how? Bug-types aren't weak against Ice.

bugs used to be weak to ice in gsc. stupid retypings....

Poryhedron
11th April 2004, 08:46 PM
Actually, bugs were never weak to ice. I think Butterfree, Scyther and Paras all being weak to ice made people think that, but it's just because they're also Flying or Grass...