PDA

View Full Version : Yu-Gi-Oh! Curse of the Cards

FusionSonicX
11th April 2004, 04:36 AM
Finally, after the long await, my story is here. Just to tell you, both this chapter and next chapter will feature made-up cards for Bugsy. SO, don't flame me for that.

Yu-Gi-Oh!
Curse of the Cards

by
FusionSonicX

{Chapter One}
{Karma Chameleon, Part 1}

“Brendan, want a corona?” asked Paige, digging through Brendan’s refrigerator. She moved over a gallon of milk and a pitcher of water and reached into the back, grabbing a red bottle. Paige walked over to the sink and popped the top off and it fell into the sink.

“No thanks. I’m not in the mood to get drunk, and you shouldn’t either.” said Brendan, as he pushed the remote button going through television.

“Please, I’m immune to this...” said Paige, as she began to drink the corona, “Don’t worry about me.”

“Fine, but you scare me sometimes,” Brendan said, still clicking the remote button, “And, do you really need to drink that? We have that drug test tomorrow...”

Paige’s face turned pale, “What? Are you serious?”

“Yeah,”

“Oh, man, I need water, fluid, something to waste this down...” said Paige as she jumped up and dropped the glass, “Oh, Brendan, I’m so sorry.”

“Yeah, that was new carpet.”

Suddenly, Dustin ran down the stiars and into the living room, “Who died?”

Brendan and Paige looked up at Dustin with pity. Dustin frowned and walked into the living room and sat on the floor. He noticed the broken glass and began to help Paige pick it up.

~

It was Friday morning, the sun was usually out in the morning, but today it was raining. A red car pulled up in the parking lot of ‘Degrassi Community School’ and the doors opened. Paige walked out of the door and opened a sky blue umbrella.

Paige was wearing a tight black tank-top and a unzipped red vest. She was also waering tight blue jeans and black boots that went up to her knees, but couldn’t be seen, sense they were under her pants legs. Paige also had blonde hair that went a little past her shoulders, it was briaded.

The driver’s car door opened and Brendan stepped out. Brendan had flat brown hair but at the end were small curls that were highlighted blonde. He also had two silver earrings at the top of his right ear. He was wearing a navy blue t-shirt with a broken skate board on it. Brendan also had on bagy blue jeans andblue and navy New Balance shoes.

Paige raised up the umbrella and began to walk up to the large steps that lead to the Degrassi school. Brendan followed her beat her up to the doors. He opened the large glass door and let Paige walk through first, with him following.

“School sucks!” said Paige as she and Brendan walked down the hallway.

“Well, duh, it was invented to make kids bored.” stated Brendan.

Paige let out a giggle, but she was stopped when someone called her from behind. She and Brendan turned around and saw, Dustin. Dustin had messy brown hair that was very shinny sometimes. He was wearing a grey long sleeve shirt and a green t-shirt over it. He too had bagy blue jeans and blue Nike shoes.

“Just keep walking, Brendan!” Paige said as she turned around and began to walk to her locker. Brendan looked at her and then at Dustin, and back at Paige. He decided to follow her.

“Brendan, wait up!” called Dustin.

“What, Dustin?” asked Brendan.

“Why are you guys dissing me? I mean hello, I’m your friend.” stated Dustin. Both he and Brendan began to walk down the hallway.

“Paige is having a hard time right now...” said Brendan, running his fingers through his hair, “Just back off of her right now.”

“Why? You are always hanging around her.” Dustin said.

Brendan began to walk away from Dustin but turned around and contineued to walk. He threw is arms out into a, ‘I don’t know’ sign. Brendan then turned around, trying to find Paige.

~

“Okay, today we will be practicing ‘Danny Boy’, so get your horns out and snares set up...” said the band teacher, Mr. Pentola.

In the back was the snare and bass drums, Brendan was there, playing the snare drum. Infront of them, where the trombones, and beside them were the trumpets, which Dustin played. Infront of them was the Alto Sax and Claronet, which Paige played. In the very front, was the flutes.

“1... 2... 3... Play!” said Mr. Pentola.

Brendan began to play his beginning solo. The other instruments began to play the song and the melody floated throught the school of Degrassi.

~

“Dustin! Quite following me!” screamed Paige, slamming her locker door closed. She walked away from him in a fast but polite manner.

Dustin sighed and followed, “Paige...”

“No!” she screamed at the end of the hallway.

“Paige...”

“No!”

“Paige...” he said as he finally cuaght up to her, “Please, please, please!”

Paige stopped and turned around, “If you don’t stop following me, I’m called the police.”

Paige walked away and Dustin followed her, but he was stopped by Brendan, “Dude? YOu must you stop me?”

“What, Dustin, what did I tell you two hours ago?” asked Brendan.

“You told me too...” Dustin began to say.

“I told you to back off! Paige doesn’t want to talk to you right now, I told you that she was having a hard time.”

Dustin sighed, “Yeah, I know. What happened?”

“Well, do you remember her boyfriend, Malik?” asked Brendan, Dustin nodded, “Yeah, uh, he attacked her one night, cut up her arms really bad.”

“She is just up set about that?” asked Dustin.

“No, but her parents are spliting up and exams and everything else.” stated Brendan, “So, leave her alone...”

“Why is she only talking to you then?” asked Dustin.

“Because, I saved her...” said Brendan.

~

“Mr. Kaiba, We have sent the invitations to all the duelist on the list. THey should recive the package soon.” a black haired man said, “It will inform them on everything.”

“What about Brendan Devlin? I really want him in the tournament...” asked Seto Kaiba.

“Why so, sir?” the man asked.

“Because of reasons, Arnold, his grandfather was my bitter rival. That, Yugi Motu, he always seemed to beat me at something.” Seto said, bagging on the wooden office desk.

“Sir, calm down, remember your heart!” said Arnold.

“I have no heart! I’m just an old bitter man!” said Seto, still bagging on the table, “Bring my son in here!”

Arnold walked over to a moniter on the wall and pushed a button. A picture of a blue haired man appeared on the screen. Arnold coughed, “Uh, we need Seto Kaiba, Jr. to come to his father’s office, now!”

“He just left ten minutes ago on the way there,” the blue hiared man said.

“Good.”

~

It was still rainning outside, so the Degrassi students were eating in the indoor lunchroom. At one lable was Paige, Brendan, Lexy, who was also their friend. Lexy had shoulder length hair with red, silver and blonde highlights. She also had a black shirt with a red and blue thunder bolt on it. She was also wearing a black skirt and black socks with black boots.

“Oh, I want to go home...” whined Paige.

“Me too, its so boring here,” Lexy said.

“Yeah, school sucks, and what makes it worst is that cow, Ms. Dafoe.” said Brendan.

Dustin laughed, “She’s such a loser!”

The four continued to talk about their evil, cow math teacher. They didn’t know that Ms. Dafoe was standing right behind them. She coughed a bit and they looked up at her.

Ms. Dafoe sighed, “So, I’m a cow?”

“Uh, no, we were talking about...” began Brendan.

“All four of you have Saturday detention, but luckily for you, it want be for 3 weeks. Student have been very bad lately.” Ms. Dafoe said, walking away from the group. Brendan covered his moutha nd let out a long and silent, ‘moo’. The four laughed a bit until Ms. Dafoe said, “I heard that!”

~

The bell rang through out the entire school, followed by students racing out of the doors. The last students were Brendan, Paige, Dustin and Lexy. The walked out to the parking lot and got in their seprate cars and drove off to Motu cabin.

When the four got their, they got out of the cars and went into the cabin. The large wooden house was large with three bedrooms and two spares. It had a living room, dinning room, kitchen, four bathrooms and alot of more stuff too.

“Oh, I always like coming home.” Paige said as she unlocked the down, but noticed three small packages. She walked over to them and looked at the address. It seemed to be from, Kaiba Corperation. Paige picked them up and put them inside. Brendan and Dustin walked in and noticed the three packages in Paige’s hand.

“Mail? From who?” asked Brendan.

“I think its from Kaiba Corp, we each have one.” stated Paige as she handed Brendan’s his and he handed Dustin his. Lexy then walked in and saw the deliveries.

“Did I get one?” asked Lexy.

“Nope, just us.” said Dustin.

“Well, what is it?” Lexy asked.

“Its from Kaiba Corp, so I guess it has something to do with Duel Monsters, so...” said Paige.

“Nevermind, I don’t duel anyway.” Lexy said.

“Okay, then, let’s see what’s in here.” suggested Dustin.

The three sat down on the couch and began to open the boxes. When that was done, they dug through the box and pulled out a grey device. They then pulled out a folded map and a crystal clear card. They then pulled out an letter.

“Hm, Seto Kaiba is hosting a new tournament...” said Paige.

“Yep, and we need to be at the Battle City Dome at...” said Dutin as he scanned the page.

“7 o’ clock in the morning! I don’t even wake up til 9 in the morning!” whined Brendan.

“So, are you guys going?” asked Lexy.

“Of course!” the three yelled.

“Can I come with you guys?” Lexy asked.

Paige scanned the letter and found something, “It says, one 1 person and come along with each duelist, so, I guess you can come.”

“Cool. So, when do we leave?” asked Lexy.

“Tomorrow morning.” Dustin said, latching on his Duel Disk.

~

It has early in the morning and the sun was just arising over the horizon. In the city, a large group of teens and kids stood in front of a big clock tower. At the top of the clock tower, was Seto Kaiba, and his son Seto Kaiba, Jr.

“Hello and welcome to the Battle City Dome. I am Seto Kaiba, the president of Kaiba Corp, for those of you who don’t know who I am. But let’s not waste time on names, lets talk about the rules.

“First of all, the new and improved Duel Disk make the monsters seems real, and I think you should enjoy that. Secondly, let me introduce you to the deck master system. In your deck, you most pick one monster card of anytype and side it into the slot and the very end of your duel disk. That creture will appear behind you and has special abilities. But be warned, if your Deck Master enters the duel or is destroyed, you lost the duel automatically.

“Now, we have the Locator Cards. This time around, you will have to collect ten of them to get to the finals. When you have all of the locator cards, place them in your spell/trap card slot and the monster card slots. When that is done, your Duel Disk we project a image of the finals.

“Also, inside of the dome, there are card shops. Once you get three locator cards, show them to the owner of the card shop and you will get a free card of your choice. You can also by cards packs for $4.00 each. There are also shops around here were you can play arcade games and alot of other stuff, which costs money too.

“That, I bileve, is about it. Please walk north to the large dome and show your duel disk to the man at the doors. Good-bye, duelist, have fun.” Said Seto Kaiba as he and his son walked back into the clock tower.

~

The duelist were now inside the large dome, which had buildings, towers and other places. Brendan, Paige, Dustin and Lexy all walked through the city and looked around. Duelist scattered across the dome talking and chatting. At the top of the dome was a million bright lights in a row that illuminated the dome. Large vents were also in the roof that released chilly air into the city.

“Wow, Seto Kaiba has done alot of work on this place, huh?” asked Brendan.

“Yeah, I can’t bileve that this is a whole city!” Paige cried out.

“I would love to live here.” stated Lexy.

“Hm. I just want to duel!” scremed Dustin.
~

On the other part of the city, in the dark alley, was a teenager. He had black hair with silver highlights, that shined in the darkness. The boy had on a black t-shirt and a black leather jacket. He also was wearing black cargo pants and black boots. In his hand has a golden rod.

“Hm, let’s see. So many duelist, so little time!” the boy said. He waved the rod in the air and it shined brightly, “With my Millennium Rod, I can control anyone’s mind! I think I will choose, hm, Bugsy Waller!”

~

“So, uh, how long have we been walking?” asked Lexy.

“I don’t know! But I want to duel!” whined Dustin.

“I think I can help you with that!” said a voice that came from behind the group. The fousr turned around and saw a boy who was about 14-years-old. He had spikey blue hair and was wearing a green grasshopper suit.

“Freak show alert...” Paige said.

“Who are you, King of the Insects?” asked Dustin.

“Why yes, yes I am! The name’s Bugsy.”

“Well, Bugsy, are you asking me to duel?” Dustin asked.

“Oh, yeah.”

Brendan sighed, “Dude, do you really wanna duel this freak?”

“If I can get the Locator cards, I will duel anyone.” said Dustin, as he press a button on his Duel Disk, making it activate. Bugsy did the same.

“Let’s duel!” the two said in unison.

“Okay, by the B.C.D. Rules, I’m going to pick, Mefist: The Infernal General, as my Deck Master.” said Dustin. He slid the card into his Deck Master slot. A large metal horse with a knight riding on it, appeared behind Dustin. He drew five cards from his deck and folded them out.

“Hm, Let’s see, I think Mirage Knight will work as my Deck Master, what do you think?” said Bugsy as he pushed the card into the Deck Master slot. A large man with tan amor and a scythe appeared behind Bugsy. He drew five cards from his deck and folded them out.

“I’ll go first. I play Military Ant in attack mode and place two cards facedown on the field.” said Bugsy. Two facedown brown cards appeared in front of Bugsy, with a creature in front of them. The monster was a fire ant that held guns, missles and other strange weapons. The numbers 1,500 over 100 appear beside it.

Dustin drew his card from his deck, “Ha. The perfect card to defeat you with! I play Archfiend Soldier in attack mode!” Dustin placed the card on the monster slot and a purple armored man with a black cape appeared in front of Dustin. The numbers 1,900 over 1,500 appear beside him.

“Attack, my Archfiend, with Maximum Mega Punch!” cried Dustin as his soldier rushed to the small ant and smacked it. The ant broke apart into little pieces of data. Bugsy’s life points began to drop.

Dustin: 8,000
Bugsy: 7,600

How dare you destroy my ant! You shall pay for that!” said Bugsy, pulling a card from his deck, “I have you know. First, I play this card, Monster Reborn, to revive my Military Ant. Then, I shall activate, Change of Heart.”

Bugsy’s ant reappeared on the field and the Change of Heart card took over, Archfiend Solider, which was placed on Bugsy’s side of the field. Bugsy laughed, “Now, you shall pay! My two monsters, attack Dustin directly!”

Dustin: 4,600
Bugsy: 7, 600

“Ah!” screamed Dustin as he was attacked by the two monsters. He felt the pain of the attacks run through his body and circulate through his viens. Dustin fell to the concret ground and panted, “Wow, that really takes alot out of you, doesn’t it?”

“Hm, now you know how it feels to hurt!” Bugsy said, “Hahahahahahahahaha!”

~

“Poor little, Dustin!” the boy said, still holdiing the Millennium Rod. The boy smiled and walked further into the darkness. He gripped the Rod, making sweat roll down his fist, “Soon, you and your friends will be destroyed. But most importantly, Brendan will be destroyed.”

>>To Be Continued...

Dark Sage
11th April 2004, 07:24 AM
Okay, you gave me a lot of feedback, so I guess I'll do the same.

First the large negatives. Bear with me.

This all started rather suddenly. A longer introduction may have been better, before you got the fur flying, so to speak.

Also, you might have waited a bit before this villain said he had the Millennium Rod. Sometimes it's best to keep a few secrets until at least a few chapters into it.

Minor negatives:

I noticed a lot of spelling mistakes. It is best to check, double-check, and triple-check a work before sending it in. These mistakes can be a real turn-off.

The name of Yugi's greatest foe is "Marik", with an "R", not "Malik." Many people get that wrong. Take note of this before you got further.

Now the positives. :sweat4:

I like a fanfic author who isn't afraid to deal with things like teen alcoholism and such. This might be interesting. You did some good character development too (but if Paige's former boyfriend is the one with the Rod, I refuse to believe he is motivted only by a lover's spat).

Kaiba's son? Interesting. Who knew the creep could ever fall in love long enough to marry. Will we ever learn who Seto Jr's mother is (I won't hold it to you - in my fic I've kept people guessing repeatedly as to who Yugi Jr's mom is, although I think we all assume the obvious).

I like the cultrural reference. i'm old enough to remember the original "Degrassi Junior High" on PBS. Let's see more.

In all, this is a good start. keep it up,just tru to put a little more effort.

- Venusaur

FusionSonicX
11th April 2004, 05:42 PM
Okay, thanks for the feedback. I'm going to work on thje spelling and such, I was kinda in a rush. THen, there is a reason I'm ibtroducing the Milllennium Rod early, just wait and see. Yes, I know, his name is Marik, I love Marik, he's my favorite villian in the anime. But, Malik sounds alot better. I'm not going to try and make this to real. But, I'm gonna tell you now, only 3 or 4 more real teen issues will be done. Hm, will we ever know Seto Jr.'s mom? Maybe, maybe not. You'll find out pretty soon. Yes, I too can remember Degrassi Junior High, but this is based on Degrassi: The Next Generation.

P.S. - Malik is no the guy with the Rod. Malik will appear later in the story, but can you guess why?

FusionSonicX
12th April 2004, 04:26 AM
Well, bad news again. I'm gonna stop writing this fanfic. Why? Because I thought I could do better. I'm taking writing course in school to get better at this. So, please bare with me!

Dark_RIKU
12th April 2004, 11:57 AM
okay heres my feed back ^___^

Venusaur: Mariks name was Malik in japan so Fusion Sonic X was okay there but i agre with some of the advise you gave

Fusion Sonic X: Nice story i like the idea of Kiaba havin a kid (everyone needs alittel luv sometimes) though a name like kiaba jr.?? it ok i guess but try more of those made-up names i find it too be more fun

(sorry for any or all misspellings)

^__^

CooltrainerNick
21st June 2004, 11:04 PM
noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! I liked this fanfic!!!

FusionSonicX
22nd June 2004, 03:37 AM
Don't worry, I'll bring it bacdk soon.