PDA

View Full Version : Wont' be posting in Fanfic anymore

Last Exile
11th April 2004, 07:20 AM
Just learned that if I ever want to get anything published, I can't post it online, so...

I've deleted my new work, Fallen Angels. If anyone does want to read it though, I can email you chapters, but that's it. It can't be on public display anymore.

Sorry. ;)

Lady Vulpix
11th April 2004, 12:49 PM
Good luck finishing and publishing your work. :wave:

dratinihaunter13
11th April 2004, 12:59 PM
Hopefully you can post something in the future which won't be published, fanfic likes your stories ^_^. Good luck with everything "LE" =-o!

mistysakura
12th April 2004, 08:22 AM
Argh, CC... I mean LE. After WDC finishing, now this. Oh well, it makes sense that you wouldn't be able to post stuff online. Good luck with your fic! Yep, I'd like emailed chapters, heh. Hope that's not too much of a nuisance. E-mail's same as MSN. Thanks!
Fanfic's going to miss you...

Andrew
12th April 2004, 08:40 AM
I know you want to get your thing published, but there are a few problems with that...

1) Usage of characters that already exist :\ You'd have to buy the rights to feature them, but then only within the boundaries to which the creators say.
2) Getting the rights... um, companies are often very... unlikely to budge.
3) Points are good in 3s and I am tired and delusional.

But yea, if you're yanking FA, give us the last chappie of WDC :P

Last Exile
13th April 2004, 02:18 AM
In reply to Andy:

1. I've made changes to the characters in FA. They are original and don't resemble anything done previously.
2. No, WDC is dead and buried.
3. Sentimony...*sigh* How quaint.

PancaKe
14th April 2004, 07:47 AM
This does not come as a surprise to me.

*sigh*

Subconsiously, I suspected there would be a stop to posting your fic online after you told me about the publishing laws. I am dissapointed, I dont want to miss out on reading your fic. You're an excellent writer, and why pay for the book when I know the author? ;)

But seriously, I do think that if you want to get this done, then you should go for it. Aim for the sky and you'll reach it someday! And make sure you leave some hint that its you when the book is released, okay? (like, put in the thingymabobby at the beginning dedicated to Tara and her friends at tpm or sumething cool)!!!

Taking this into concideration, this may stop me posting my main focus fic on the boards, and only posting shorts/side fics that aren't really important.

However, Ryan, if you do make it big, dont forget your roots. Dont' forget where you grew up in relation to writing, and most of all.

Dont forget me!!!

:P

~Mist

mr_pikachu
18th April 2004, 02:43 AM
'Tis a pity. Fanfic'll miss you, Ryan.

It's been good reading your fic, though, while it lasted. You're an excellent writer, so like Mist said, shoot for the stars. We all know you have the potential to be published.

Anyway, could you do me one favor before you write Fanfic off forever? When you get published (not if), couldja let your old friends down here know, so we can all buy your book (and maybe multiple copies!)? At least, most of us would like a heads-up (since most of us also don't know your full real name). Thanks. I really do appreciate it.

You'll never be forgotten by us, Ryan. And don't forget it.

Until another time... :wave: