PDA

View Full Version : Deoxys

nChanq
11th April 2004, 10:37 AM
I can't trade my Deoxys from Sapphire to my Colosseum file. Is there something you have to do before he is tradable? I used action replay to catch him, but all my other pokemon I caught with action replay traded with no problem. If anyone can help, thanks!

Number1ChanseyFan
11th April 2004, 10:43 AM
Well, Deoxys is legal on Colosseum, so you should be able to trade a Deoxys to Colosseum. Did you use a Pokémon Calculator to create your Deoxys? If you did, and your Deoxys has illegal EVs, then you won't be able to trade it to Colosseum. If a Pokémon has more a total of 510 EVs, or has more than 255 EVs in any one stat, then you won't be able to trade it to Colosseum.

nChanq
11th April 2004, 10:58 AM
He's 100% natural, only on level 3 and his highest stat is 14. i cant figure out what I can do.

Number1ChanseyFan
11th April 2004, 11:05 AM
He's 100% natural, only on level 3 and his highest stat is 14. i cant figure out what I can do.

Well then, I am not exactly sure what the problem is then... Maybe it has to be at Level 5 before it will be compatible for trading with Colosseum, since Level 5 is where Pokémon start out when they hatch from an egg. If that doesn't work, then maybe somebody else will have a better answer!! Deoxys is supposed to be compatible with Colosseum, and it is supposed to take on the Ruby/Sapphire form in Colosseum.

EDIT: Ok, I found something posted by another person at another forum who had the same problem that you are having, and they e-mailed Nintendo about it. Here is what Nintendo said:

Deoxys and Mew are not out yet, they will be given out later on through special events. Deoxys and Mew will not be able to be traded to Colosseum until you get them legally. There is a program in Colosseum that looks for something that tells it that the event required to catch an unobtainable has been activated, and if it shows on Colosseum that the event required to catch an unobtainable has not yet been activated on your Game Boy games, then you will be unable to trade those Pokémon to Colosseum. If Colosseum determines that there is no way that you could have obtained a certain Pokémon legally, then you will be unable to trade it to Colosseum.

Don't Run With Scizors
11th April 2004, 11:19 AM
Some people at GameFAQs are talking about this special "obedience bit" that distinguishes the sharked Deoxys and Mew from those that are caught via the game's special events. Apparently, Colosseum looks for this "obedience bit" and prevents you from using the Deoxys/Mew if it has it.

EDIT: N1CF beat me to the general idea.

nChanq
11th April 2004, 11:26 AM
Yeah, I was just reading that myself also. It seems the only way to get the two is if there is an action replay code for colosseum itself to block that detection program. If anyone knows of such a code or can point me in the right direction to look, please let me know.

P.S.

On that same note, I am looking for a code to get the other two forms of Deoxys from FR and GL on my sapphire cart. Please let me know if you know of any.

Number1ChanseyFan
11th April 2004, 11:36 AM
Yeah, I was just reading that myself also. It seems the only way to get the two is if there is an action replay code for colosseum itself to block that detection program. If anyone knows of such a code or can point me in the right direction to look, please let me know.

P.S.

On that same note, I am looking for a code to get the other two forms of Deoxys from FR and GL on my sapphire cart. Please let me know if you know of any.

You can't get the Fire Red and Leaf Green Deoxys on a Ruby/Sapphire game. Deoxys will automatically morph to whatever it normally is on that particular game. If you catch a Deoxys on Fire Red or on Leaf Green, and then trade it to Ruby/Sapphire, it will automatically take on the Ruby/Sapphire form, so you can't have a Fire Red/Leaf Green Deoxys on a Ruby/Sapphire game, because it will just become the Ruby/Sapphire Deoxys.

RattataGuy
11th April 2004, 11:45 AM
After perusing several other Pokemon boards I think I can give you some sort of answer: Deoxys has a software switch or two that Colosseum checks for when you try to trade it into the game. There is a calculator that can make a "flagged" Deoxys that is allowable in Colosseum, but I wouldn't know where to find it.

nChanq
11th April 2004, 11:48 AM
Thank you both very much. If you find that calculator or make any other progress on the matter let me know. I do have a question though; when you do get Deoxys on Colosseum, what form will he take?

Number1ChanseyFan
11th April 2004, 11:49 AM
When it is on Colosseum, Deoxys will take the Ruby/Sapphire form.

BlueEyesPikachu
11th April 2004, 02:40 PM
Well, Deoxys is legal on Colosseum, so you should be able to trade a Deoxys to Colosseum. Did you use a Pokémon Calculator to create your Deoxys? If you did, and your Deoxys has illegal EVs, then you won't be able to trade it to Colosseum. If a Pokémon has more a total of 510 EVs, or has more than 255 EVs in any one stat, then you won't be able to trade it to Colosseum.

What is the Pokemon calculator?

Poryhedron
11th April 2004, 03:12 PM
The Pokémon Calculator is a program where you can build your own custom pokémon; species, IVs, EVs, nature, level, moveset, etc...legal or otherwise. The program outputs a set of GameShark codes that will create that exact pokémon.

AKA Pokemon Fan
15th April 2004, 12:22 PM
I have only just discovered Pokemon calculators. They are very useful if you want to play with legal movesets and stats but don't have the time to raise and breed various teams to level 100. ;)

Linc
18th April 2004, 04:00 PM
Where can you get Pokemon Calculators?

Number1ChanseyFan
18th April 2004, 04:28 PM
Where can you get Pokemon Calculators?

You can download them off of the internet. However, it is against the rules to be giving out links here at TPM. The best advice that I can give you is to go to Google and run a search, and you should find what you are looking for. ;)

Kari and Mewtwo
18th April 2004, 11:16 PM
I have it. If anyone's willing to give me a PM, i'll be glad to send it.

EDIT: anyone who already sent a PM might have to do it again, seeing as i just emptied the inbox.