PDA

View Full Version : Why doesn't my game time pass? :(

Charizard04621
11th April 2004, 12:56 PM
Okay, it's been like 3 weeks. Time doesn't seem to be passing on my Ruby cartridge. My berry trees are frozen the way they were and the people I go to in order to do daily stuff all tell me to come back tomorrow. What the...?

theniceguydk
11th April 2004, 12:59 PM
Its the Berry Glitch. When your game has been active in a year, all time related events stops. You can 'heal' it with FR/LG, Colosseum or in an EB Shop.

mewruler
11th April 2004, 03:23 PM
Have u been using a cheating device????????
Cuz sometimes it messes things up.

HavoX
11th April 2004, 03:25 PM
Okay, it's been like 3 weeks. Time doesn't seem to be passing on my Ruby cartridge. My berry trees are frozen the way they were and the people I go to in order to do daily stuff all tell me to come back tomorrow. What the...?

uh, dude...

why didn't you read this FAQ thread I made? (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?t=26776)

andyizcool
11th April 2004, 03:26 PM
I don't think a cheating device would activate the time glitch any quicker. The time glitch could happen before you've played the game for a year. I had to download Jirachi off Pokemon Channel in the UK to fix my time glitch.

Don't Run With Scizors
11th April 2004, 03:34 PM
DooMed Trainer: It probably has something do to with the fact that your FAQ has slipped down the page and the title is a bit... ambiguous. "Berry Glitch" doesn't exactly sound like it has anything to do with time stopping.

Anyway... sorry, Karin, you might not get a chance to fix it unless you know somebody who has a Gamecube and the Colosseum Bonus disc, or you happen to know of any EB or GameStop stores that still have their special Custom Robo demo disc set up on one of their consoles. The demo disc also has the clock fix hidden on it and a shiny Zigzagoon\Liechi Berry download. If you do find one, download an extra one for me too, because I haven't been able to find any in my area. ^_^;

HavoX
11th April 2004, 03:57 PM
DooMed Trainer: It probably has something do to with the fact that your FAQ has slipped down the page and the title is a bit... ambiguous. "Berry Glitch" doesn't exactly sound like it has anything to do with time stopping.

you do have a good point. Nintendo didn't say anything about this being a "glitch," but instead made an announcement about a "Berry Program" in the game and how you can update it

but I was worried that people would make too many threads concerning the Berry Glitch, so I decided to make this FAQ thread

anyway, if Sir Chris or Gligar_Man (or any Supermod who knows alot about the Berry Glitch) are reading this, feel free to make changes to it, as I have took a lot of time making that thread. you're also welcome to sticky it

rinku
12th April 2004, 07:44 PM
Check out the Nintendo website for the country you are in. They should list the options you have for getting it fixed - here in Australia they send you a postpack and return your game pak by courier. Fast, efficient and courteous. I was impressed. Plus a bonus shiny Zigzagoon with a Leichi berry.

Shuckle
13th April 2004, 05:30 AM
It doesn't say ahything on the UK Nintendo Pokemon web page!

I wish I could send my cartridge off but there is no offer by Nintendo... :(

andyizcool
13th April 2004, 06:19 AM
It doesn't say ahything on the UK Nintendo Pokemon web page!

I wish I could send my cartridge off but there is no offer by Nintendo... :(
I live in the UK and the way I fixed my Time/Berry Glitch is to complete Pokemon Channel on the GC then you can download Jirachi to your GBA. When you've downloaded Jirachi it'll fix the Time/Berry Glitch and you'll also get a nice Jirachi Level 5.

Shuckle
13th April 2004, 09:34 AM
Thanks for the tip but...

I'm not going to buy a GC and GC game just so i can 'fix' my pokemon GBA game... hence why I want to be able to send my cartridge off to be 'fixed'.

I don't understand why this glitch has been accepted by Nintendo in the USA and Australia but they aren't providing any info about it on the UK site.

andyizcool
13th April 2004, 09:51 AM
Thanks for the tip but...

I'm not going to buy a GC and GC game just so i can 'fix' my pokemon GBA game... hence why I want to be able to send my cartridge off to be 'fixed'.

I don't understand why this glitch has been accepted by Nintendo in the USA and Australia but they aren't providing any info about it on the UK site.
You might also want the GC for Pokemon Colosseum when it's released here in about a month. The only way to complete your Full Pokedex (National Dex) is to get all 386 Pokemon. You'll need Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire, Pokemon Colosseum, and Pokemon Fire Red/Leaf Green to do this. This is why many people see this all as a big money making scam.

Silent Dragonfly
13th April 2004, 10:07 AM
Of course, Nintendo is a buisness. Businesses aim to make as large a profit as possible. Because they know people are prepared to buy all of this stuff, they try and make the best out of it as possible.

Shuckle
13th April 2004, 12:14 PM
You might also want the GC for Pokemon Colosseum when it's released here in about a month. The only way to complete your Full Pokedex (National Dex) is to get all 386 Pokemon. You'll need Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire, Pokemon Colosseum, and Pokemon Fire Red/Leaf Green to do this. This is why many people see this all as a big money making scam.

Nah i'm not interested in getting a GC at all and i'm not particularly worried about getting a full pokedex.

I'm not impressed by Nintendo since putting up with seven GBASPs from different batches etc which all had blue banding and ghosting on the screens unlike the shop demo SP which had a perfect screen... I stuck with my GBA.

I might import FR/LG when it comes out in the USA though (like i did for R/S) but simply for the story line not for trading though as i dont have access to another GBA.

If Nintendo offered to fix the time glitch via post in the UK like they do in the USA and Australia I wouldn't have a problem with Nintendo though as they wouldn't be using the glitch to force more money from you to fix it (via other games and hardware).

rinku
13th April 2004, 06:29 PM
I'd suggest contacting Nintendo UK - even if they haven't put it up on the website it might still be on offer on request, or they might be able to suggest a place to go to get it fixed. Is there a UK pokécenter? Australia and the US are in the situation of lots of customers who are many hundreds of kilometres from any centre (I *think* we have something minor in Melbourne. For me that would be at least a $200 return plane flight). The problem is probably less in the UK - they may say to drop in to their London branch or something.

Charizard04621
13th April 2004, 08:59 PM
Hmm... What's the Nintendo website?

rinku
13th April 2004, 10:29 PM
For the USA: www.nintendo.com or www.pokemon.com should do you.

Charizard04621
14th April 2004, 04:13 PM
Right, thanks a bunch.

[EDIT] *blink* Okay, I feel stupid. I searched both sites and I'm not sure where I'm supposed to find the options for the patch. :\

HavoX
14th April 2004, 04:26 PM
*blink* Okay, I feel stupid. I searched both sites and I'm not sure where I'm supposed to find the options for the patch. :\

*cough* (http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/berryfaq.jsp)

I knew you should've listened to me...

Charizard04621
16th April 2004, 03:43 PM
Okay, that helps. Thanks. *feels more stupid now*