PDA

View Full Version : Kirby Magic Mirror

nick
11th April 2004, 08:31 PM
Finally, a new Kirby on GBA! I was disappointed with the first one Nintendo released on GBA because it was a just a remake of Kirby's Adventure for NES. I've always had a spot in my heart for Kirby as I remember getting the huge, original Game Boy with Kirby's Dreamland from my grandpa for Christmas a long time ago. I sent this video to kurai and he thought it looked pretty leet so I decided to post it here.

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n08/bk8j/kirby_mirror.wmv

It looks like there's some sort of 4 player mode, which looks pretty fun. I can't wait for this game to come out in America.

Thy
13th April 2004, 04:06 PM
Buy the look of it, it looks like Kirby has a magic phone that can contact 3 other Kirbies to help him. My guess is that those other Kirbies will be like the Ice Climbers in SSBM where the other will follow the other, but will fight back when nessesary. Athough Kirby has always been a tester of sorts, Kirby's Tilt n' Tumble, I wouldn't be surprised to see it have some unique multi-player besides the mini-game featured in that video.

PNT510
13th April 2004, 04:25 PM
One of those kirby's looked like Link Kirby from SSB.

Andrew
13th April 2004, 05:32 PM
I'm downloading it right now, gogogo 5.47 MB file on Dialup! I'll give you the heads up on this japanese release ASAP.

en0miz
13th April 2004, 06:40 PM
I'm not even gonna try and download the video - 5MB downloads on 56k is no fun. If it's not going to be a port, I'll definately be looking into this game. My favorite Kirby happens to be that Kirby Superstar (I think that's what it's called) game on SNES. It pwned. :orange:

Andrew
13th April 2004, 07:52 PM
Well after playing for a while now, its pretty evident that basically if you've played a Kirby game before, you'll pick this up easily. There's a storyline *GASP GASP GASP!* Basically, from what I can gather, the evil mirror clones of Metaknight and Kirby shoved Metaknight through a mirror and broke it and then they pissed off. You have to get those shards back. Kirby's now like in a gang now, and has a pink phone with a star on it, to summon his "Peeps" so to say.

You all start off together, Yellow, Green, Red and Pink Kirby (You always control Pinky, no matter what.) And as you work through the levels (You only have 5HP, one hit makes you lose your power, no matter what.) You'll eventually lose track of the other three Kirbies, but you'll see a pic of them in the top left hand corner, indicating their current power. If they're in the same area as you, you won't see a pic, but an arrow, pointing to their position.

The game definately has a Superstar feel to it. There's no animals to ride :( Um, the powers have been tweaked with a bit, I have to say Angel Kirby, Rocket Kirby and Fighting Kirby are awesome. Angel Kirby can fly really easily, and shoot heart arrows. Therefore making him Cupid Kirby, but that sounds retarded. Cutter Kirby and Beam kirby are seriously weak, their attacks only have one function, whilst Sword takes over some of the Cutters moves :\ Its been tweaked with, but for the better, I don't think so, I reckon the SuperStar ones had a good mix. But this one has an firey mix, there's one for fire breathing and one for fireball, like the NES original :\

The Phone has two functions, holding down L will take you back to the cloudy mirror central whilst holding R makes all your little gangsters appear from a mirror, each with their prospective weapons. But you need to be careful when using your phone, you can only summon your gangsters thrice before your shitty phone's batteries die, but you can fix that by finding batteries as such which are perplexingly larger than Kirby.

There are also minigames, there's the "Fastest Finger First" where you and your Kirby mates are at a restraunt waiting for a lid to be opened. First to press A gulps it down. Nothing hard. Then there's teh obligatory Earth Shattering Contest, and finally, a surfing race. None of them are taxing nor really thrilling.

Now from what I take from this game, you can link it up with mates and all play simultaneously, each as a different colour kirby (Dunno if you all need a cartridge yet) and when your mate holds R, it brings a mirror to you and you choose whether or not to go through and help your mate.

On some areas, you all need to suck together to bring a large block to stop the lava flow, but alone, its impossible, The other CPU kirbies seem to flit about whilst you uselessly suck air. Making it impossible (ATM) to suck this block away. Kirby also can no longer suck eternally, but has to take a breather every now and then.

What else... um... there's a lot of old Kirby enemies... and after about 90 minutes I'm 10% into the game. So this is definately a team up game to make it work best, otherwise you won't get the all... But I do have to admit, playing alone does make this game kind of like almost any other Kirby Platformer you've played before. So yea... :\

Ultimate Pikachu
23rd April 2004, 09:36 PM
I can't wait until this is released in the U.S. I saw some videos of copy abilities and some have been changed a lot. Sword can do cool junk. I like Fighter Kirby. I have never played a game with Fighter Kirby(I only have Nightmare in Dreamland and Air Ride). I like the Angel and Rocket Ideas too. I hope Angel Kirby isn't as destructive as I think it is.