PDA

View Full Version : Featured Pokemon list

Pewter City Geodude
11th April 2004, 10:57 PM
This is an idea I just had, to list out all the Pokemon that have been featured in the anime so far. It's an interesting project, plus it allows us to see at a glance which ones have been shown already and predict which ones will appear in future episodes. Just because a Pokemon has been featured already doesn't mean it won't play a key role later on (Grovyle and Torkoal being obvious examples), but we're still more likely to see Pokemon that haven't been featured yet as opposed to ones that have. For the purposes of this list, I define "featured" as Ash or May having checked the Pokedex on that Pokemon, or at least that Pokemon having had a significant amount of screen time.

The Pokemon in bold and dark red have been featured, those not in bold or dark red have not. And this only refers to the Hoenn Pokemon, since just about all the others have already been featured, and Hoenn Pokemon are obviously the focus now. Also, this list does not include Pokemon featured in movies, since those still usually get a feature episode in the main anime. That may not be the case for some of the legendaries though, so I will consider legendaries from movies as having already been featured.

Absol
Aggron
Altaria
Anorith
Armaldo
Aron
Azurill
Bagon
Baltoy
Banette
Barboach
Beautifly
Beldum
Blaziken
Breloom
Cacnea
Cacturne
Camerupt
Carvanha
Cascoon
Castform
Chimecho
Clamperl
Claydol
Combusken
Corphish
Cradily
Crawdaunt
Delcatty
Dusclops
Duskull
Dustox
Electrike
Exploud
Feebas
Flygon
Gardevoir
Glalie
Gorebyss
Groudon
Grovyle
Grumpig
Gulpin
Hariyama
Huntail
Illumise
Kecleon
Kirlia
Kyogre
Lairon
Latias
Latios
Lileep
Linoone
Lombre
Lotad
Loudred
Ludicolo
Lunatone
Luvdisc
Makuhita
Manectric
Marshtomp
Masquerain
Mawile
Medicham
Meditite
Metagross
Metang
Mightyena
Milotic
Minun
Mudkip
Nincada
Ninjask
Nosepass
Numel
Nuzleaf
Pelipper
Plusle
Poochyena
Ralts
Rayquaza
Regice
Regirock
Registeel
Relicanth
Roselia
Sableye
Salamence
Sceptile
Sealeo
Seedot
Seviper
Sharpedo
Shedinja
Shelgon
Shiftry
Shroomish
Shuppet
Silcoon
Skitty
Slaking
Slakoth
Snorunt
Solrock
Spheal
Spinda
Spoink
Surskit
Swablu
Swalot
Swampert
Swellow
Taillow
Torchic
Torkoal
Trapinch
Treecko
Tropius
Vibrava
Vigoroth
Volbeat
Wailmer
Wailord
Walrein
Whiscash
Whismur
Wingull
Wurmple
Wynaut
Zangoose
Zigzagoon

Feel free to point out any mistakes.

have a stammer
11th April 2004, 11:44 PM
A good idea, I was thinking of doing something similar. As mistakes I can think of three in episode #336 Skitty & Delcatty! Enter the legendary Coordinator Kirlia is seen when Ayane is talking about her past wins and Flygon is shown later when Ayane talks about her defeat. Also Wailmer is seen in Hoenn Alone in the harbor when Ash's ship docks.

Zak
12th April 2004, 12:20 AM
Nice list!

As for mistakes, Flygon, Kirlia, Wailmer, Breloom, Groudon, and Salamence have appeared in eps. Have a Stammer mentioned the first three, but as for the others:
Breloom was in the one where Flannery was introduced, and it showed her grandfather Muro the former Gym leader kickin' with his Typhlosion, up against Dodrio, Vileplume, and Breloom.
Groudon was in a cut scene in the Team Magma/Ocean Museum ep, where they talked about the legend of Groudon lurking deep underground below sea level.
Salamence was in the Bagon ep, there were several cut scenes where Mitchell was talking about a Salamence trainer and how he wants one, and it showed a Salamence in action.

Other than that, it's accurate :)

~Zak

Animelee
12th April 2004, 12:23 AM
Your list is 100% correct. Some of the ones that Stammer and Zak have mentionned weren't featured, but they were shown briefly.

Edit: I didn't mean to embarass anybody. :sweat2:

Pewter City Geodude
12th April 2004, 12:26 AM
Yeah they didn't read my opening bit. I don't consider brief cameos good enough to be called "featured".

I just colorized the list, they stand out better now.

Chris 2.1
12th April 2004, 09:28 AM
Great idea, one I thought of a while back but never posted (Honest, guv!)

Yea I reckon, as PCG said, just include ones that Ash and co have MET, cos some Pokies are used in cameo situations a lot.

have a stammer
12th April 2004, 01:12 PM
My mistake. I read all of it, except the sentence explaining what it means to be fetured. Which I just skimmed and obviously did not process. :sweat4:

Pewter City Geodude
29th April 2004, 11:04 PM
I have edited Baltoy and Feebas in as featured Pokemon, due to the new episode info.

Chris 2.1
14th May 2004, 03:55 PM
Do you edit this according to when a new episode airs, or when we hear ANY news of upcoming Pokemon? Because Masquerin and Lairon are featuring in the next episode.

Pewter City Geodude
14th May 2004, 09:59 PM
Yeah I was just gonna get to that. :P