PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon Topaz, reborn!

Kojiro
12th April 2004, 01:40 PM
Everyone remember my Fic Pokemon Topaz. Well I haven't been able to work on it lately since my keyboards space bar was broke, but when I started to work on it, I saw it was pretty patecitic. So I have decided to rewrite it with more detail and plot. So enjoy.

Pokemon Topaz

Chapter 1- Chamo, I choose you!

“Yan-yan!” screeched a voice that woke me up. I was looking into the eyes of a red dragonfly, a Yanma. Hi, my name is Topaz Takara, a young 14-year-old boy who lives in the quiet town of Soprano on the continent of Arumaru. Today is the day I get my first Pokemon; I have been waiting for this for a long time. The Pokemon who just woke me up is Yanma; he belongs to my mom and helps her around the house, like waking me up. I got out of bed and petted Yanma on the head as he did an aerial flip and flew to the kitchen. I put on my tie-dye shirt, red pants, and my lucky hat embodied with a red Pokeball. I quickly got my knapsack and ran to the kitchen. My mom must of still been asleep as her Xatu was making breakfast. Most Xatu stand around looking in the future all day, but my mom’s Xatu was different, she was fun loving and helped around the house. I gave Xatu a hug as she handed me a bagel.
“Thank you Xatu, could you tell mom I went to Professor Palm’s lab and will be back by dinner!” I asked her politely. She nodded and squeaked happily as she began to write a note.

It was a cool day as I stepped out of my house. I began to run to the lab on the seaside hill ten minutes from my house. Overhead some Farfetch’d flew, carrying their leeks in their bills as they rapidly flapped their feathers. I finally reached Palm’s lab. A big building on a hill overlooking the ocean. I rang the doorbell and out stepped Professor Palm, an old man with green hair in the shape of Palm Tree leafs. Professor Palm was the local professor and specialized in Pokemon Habitats. He was usually very nice, but a bit scatterbrained. He reached in his pocket and pulled out some glasses.
“Ahh, Topaz! You arrived just in time, your Pokemon has arrived, and it looks healthy!” he happily said to me with a smile. We walked into a room and he opened up a Pokeball and out popped out a small orange chicken.
“Torchic!” it chirped in a high pitch voice. A Torchic is a Pokemon I always wanted, that is why I ordered it as my starter, they are so cute! I kneeled down and began to hug it. It happily chirped and danced around.
“I know, I will name you Chamo!” I said to my new friend. It chirped with delight.
“I knew you would like her Topaz, now time to talk business.” Palm stated with a hint of happiness.
“Okay!” I replied. Minutes later I was sitting on Palm’s couch as he got out some paperwork.
“Now Topaz, you are finally ready to start your journey to become a Pokemon master. It will not be easy, but I suggest taking the badge challenge first.” Palm said.
“What’s that?” I asked confused.
“You must journey around Arumaru and collect eight badges from gyms, then you can compete in a competition called the Arumaru cup!” Palm said.
“Oh yeah, so I guess I should start getting ready for my trip then.” I was sort of scared, I have never traveled alone before, but how hard could it be?
“Oh and Topaz, I have some favors I need to be done, could you help me?” Palm pleaded.
‘Okay! Sure!” I said with a smile.
“You see, my niece is traveling Arumaru to enter a contest in Bass town, and she does not want to journey alone…” Palm began to say. I sighed; I would have someone to travel with.
“So could you meet with her in Symphony Village to the west and go with her to the contest?’” Palm asked.
“Okay that would be cool, and I would have someone to talk to who I could understand.” I said as I looked down at Chamo. She smiled at me cutely and chirped.
“Okay then! Here is your Trainer Card and ID, plus a Pokedex, five Pokeballs, and a Map!” Palm said as he handed me the items. I put them in my knapsack and headed home with Chamo for dinner. I was nearing home when I saw a girl standing in a field. Next to her was a small, yellow, humanoid creature. I flipped open my Pokedex and saw this was a Makuhita. I walked over to the girl as she turned around and saw me. She had blonde hair in a ponytail, and was wearing a yellow shirt and pants.
“Hi, my name’s Topaz!” I said nervously. This girl looked a little tough.
“My name’s Emily, and did you get that Torchic from Palm?” she said in a sort of arrogant voice.
“Why yes, I did!” I said happily.
“Torchics stink, I just got a real starter Pokemon, Macky, my Makuhita!” she said toughly.
“Maku!” replied Macky. I got mad; she obviously had never heard the rule that all Pokemon have strengths and weaknesses.
“Oh yeah! Why don’t we have a battle to settle this now!” I said angrily as Chamo jumped forward ready.
“Fine. This will be my first battle, and a easy win!” she gruffly said as Macky jumped forward and pounded his chest.
“Well mine too!” I said gruffly back.
“Macky, use tackle!” Emily screamed as Macky ran forward at Chamo. Chamo freaked out and jumped out of the way. Macky stumbled and began to roll, but bounced back up.
“Peck!” I commanded Chamo to do. Flying attacks were effective against fighting Pokemon like Macky. Torchic jumped head first at Macky and pecked him in the stomach. Macky flew back and tumbled into a rock. He was out cold.
“Macky!” Emily yelled. She ran up to Macky and returned him to his Pokeball. She then turned around and smiled at me.
“Tor!” Chamo chirped as she bounced.
“Um, sorry I called your Torchic weak. You are a good trainer, what’s your name?” she asked gently.
“Topaz!” I happily said.
“Okay Topaz, see you around!” she said as she ran off. I smiled knowing I had won my first battle, and made a new friend. Suddenly I remembered dinner and rushed off home with Chamo running after me.

Kojiro
12th April 2004, 03:56 PM
Chapter 2- Setting Off! Beginning of the Journey!

“Oh, she is so cute!” my mom said as she looked at Chamo. I had just got home and was showing her Chamo. We were eating dinner when I decided to spill the news.
“Mom, I am going to take the Badge Challenge!” I said bravely. My mom sat quiet for a moment, and then smiled.
“I know you would choose that, so I already got supplies ready for you. Your father was this age when he went on his quest, with his little Larvitar.” My mom said. My dad was from the Johto region and one of the best trainers there, he and his Tyranitar won tons of fights. Unfortunately he was lost on a research project in the Whirl Islands. He has never been heard from since that fateful day. I always wanted to follow in his footsteps and become a Pokemon Master like him.
“Thanks mom! I love you!” I said as I hugged my mom and cried.
“Now go get rested up for your big day!” my mom said as I went to my room and crawled in the bed.

Meanwhile in a deserted building in Bass Town……….

Two young people stood. One was a guy with black hair, while the other was a big girl with long blonde hair. They both were black suits with a big red “J” on them. Another man entered the room, a mustachioed man with a tuxedo.
“Koji, Koja, you have passed all the exams, and it is now time to receive your Biopokemon!” the man said gruffly.
“I wonder what ability it will have?” Koji said giddily.
“Maybe laser beams and super speed!” Koja remarked.
“Are you ready to meet your partner!” the man said as he pulled a curtain. Koji and Koja got excited as a small Pokemon stepped out. It was a small black crow, a Murkrow.
“What ability does it have?” Koja asked.
“I can talk!” it said in a cackling voice, startling the two.
“What else?” Koji asked.
“She can talk, shouldn’t that be good enough for you! After all, you two only passed by one point! I wouldn’t dare trust you with anything super-powerful!” the man yelled.
“Sir!” Koji and Koja stated.
“Good! Now you two will go on a practice mission under the guidance of Level B Admin Kazuka, now get going!” the man yelled as the two recruits and the Murkrow fled the room. The three went walking down the hall, with Murkrow sitting on Koja’s head.
“Welcome to the team!” Koji said happily.
“Oh well, better then nothing!” Koja sighed.
“What do you mean tubby! I am great!” Murkrow cawed.
“Tubby!” Koja yelled.
“Your as big as a Milktank!” Murkrow yelled back.
“And you’re as dumb as a Slowpoke!” Koja yelled back.
“Oh no! I’m stuck with two women.” Koji quietly said to himself.
“So, do you two have any Pokemon?” Murkrow asked.
“Yeah!” Koji said as he grabbed a Pokeball and threw it. Out popped a tree-like creature, a Sudowoodo.
“Sudo!” He said happily.
“This is my Sudowoodo, Usu!” Koji said. Koja then threw a Pokeball and out came a Sneasel. It licked its claws and then sliced the air.
“And she’s Nyu!” Koja said pointing to her Sneasel.
“Not bad you two, we could make a pretty good team, tubby.” Murkrow said. Koja then hit her off her head, and the two began to fight again. Koji sighed; this was not going to be easy.

It was the next morning, and I had just come downstairs. My mom was waiting there, holding something in here hand.
“Topaz, this is something your father wanted me to give you when you became a trainer.” She said quietly as she handed me a topaz.
“A Topaz!” I said in disbelief.
“Your father said it has special powers, that you will discover as you bond with your Pokemon. Topaz, I believe you can do it, and your dad does too wherever he is! Go out there and make us proud!” She said as she began to cry.
“Mom…. I won’t let you or dad down! I will become a Pokemon Master!” I said as I walked out the door into the sun. Outside all my neighbors and their Pokemon were standing. They were all wishing me good luck as I walked off. I turned around and saw Xatu and Yanma waving goodbye. My Mom was waving and crying.
“I’ll have Yanma bring you mail!” she said as she cried. I began to cry as I slowly walked off into the Tone Forest. Chamo was sleeping on my shoulder, she was so peaceful looking. I looked in my hand at the Topaz, and took out some string, and made it into a necklace. I wrapped it around my neck and it started to shine with the sun. I looked at the clouds and thought I saw one that looked like my dad and Tyranitar, then I looked at the road ahead and began my journey.

“A Topaz stone, he’s the one.” A voice said in the forest as he watched me go on. Little did I know that my journey would change my life, for better, or for worse?

Topaz
12th April 2004, 11:04 PM
Wow! I can see so much improvement since the last time! Much more detailed and with more insight into Topaz's personality. The writing still a little odd, sort of wooden, but no worries. I'm sure you'll pick that up soon enough too.

AbareMax
13th April 2004, 02:06 PM
Very nice, however it would be easier to read if you spaced out each person talking. I like it very much though. Can't wait to see your latest developments :)

Linc
14th April 2004, 11:35 AM
Really good! A lot better than last time!

Kojiro
15th April 2004, 09:00 AM
Chapter 3- A Legendary Hero?

Meanwhile in the Base town plaza.

A young man was sitting down reading the newspaper. He was a mysterious looking boy with spiky gray hair, goggles, and a blue and black coat. Perched on chairs beside him were two cat-like creatures. One, a purple pointy-eared cat with a red jewel on its forehead, and the other a black cat with glowing yellow stripes. It was an Espeon and Umbreon. The boy was looking at the headlines of the Daily Bass

Criminal Activity?
Yesterday at 7:00 P.M. witnesses saw a strange girl come out of a bar. The girl was carrying a weird beaker full of an unknown substance. Police believe this to be a new chemical that was stolen from Professor Eastwood’s lab five nights ago. Police are now searching for the strange woman. If you have any info please contact the police.

“Time to go have a chat with this Eastwood.” The boy said to himself as he got up and his two Pokemon followed.
“Finally something interesting is going on. I have been bored silly ever since I beat Cipher three months ago, but I wonder if this could be linked to the Realgam Tower incident. Anyway, the police will probably bumble around on this thing for months, by then I will already have the criminals arrested.” The boy thought to himself.

“Time to enjoy this new coffee everyone’s talking about!” Professor Eastwood said to himself as he was making breakfast in his lab. He was a odd looking man with a big nose and gray hair. His lab was a big building on a lake with a bridge leading to land. Suddenly the Professor heard a ring at his doorbell.
“That must be the cableman! He better hurry up, I don’t wanna miss my soaps!” Eastwood said to himself as he rushed to the door. He slowly opened the door and saw a boy standing there.
“Professor Eastwood?” the boy asked in a cool voice.
“Ahh, you arrived just in time to fix the cable!” Eastwood said with glee.
“Sorry, but I am not a cableman. My name is Wes, and I would like to have a word with you about the chemical that was stolen.” Wes said with total calmness.
“Hmm. You look trustworthy, but I give people who beat me in battle secret info like that.” Eastwood stated.
“Fine.” Wes said coolly.

The two entered a huge arena with a sunroof; Eastwood and Wes got in separate corners and got ready to fight.
“This will be 2 on 2, no subs.” Eastwood said as he grabbed two Pokeballs and threw them. Out popped out two Pokemon, a Zangoose and Seviper.
“What?” Wes said out loud. He was appalled the professor was using a Zangoose and Seviper at the same time; normally they would kill each other.
“Are you surprised? My Zangoose is like Seviper’s boyfriend, I trained them to work together in combat!” Eastwood laughed.
“I guess this is harder then I thought!” Wes said with a hint of uneasiness. Espeon and Umbreon jumped forward ready to fight.
“Zangoose, slash!” Eastwood yelled as the mongoose flew at Umbreon with his claws outstretched.
“Umbreon!” Umbreon yelled as it jumped out of the way. Wes smiled, but then Umbreon went flying to the ground.
“What the?” Wes said in disbelief. He looked to see that Seviper had used a poison tail from behind Umbreon.
“Espeon, Psychic!” Wes yelled as Espeon flicked his head and shot out a beam at Seviper.
“Seviperrrrrr!” Seviper hissed as she fell to the ground. Psychic attacks were very good against poison Pokemon.
“Zangoose!” Zangoose said as he charged toward Espeon, wanting to revenge its girlfriend.
“Zangoose, watch out!” Eastwood screamed! Zangoose turned around and saw energy beams coming at it. The slammed in to it and knocked it out. It was Umbreon’s Secret Power technique!
“You won! Wow, what amazing techniques, you are certainly qualified to have a audience with me!” Eastwood screamed.

A bit later Eastwood and Wes were sitting on couches drinking coffee and talking.
“So East, what did this chemical do?” Wes asked.
“Very good question, well I was experimenting with TM’s on my Nidorina the other day, when I came up with this formula. I gave it to my Nidorina, and she began to grow, in a matter of minutes she took up my whole battle arena. I then quickly returned her to her Pokeball at once. I then decided to test it on Seviper; since she could shed her skin and get rid of the aftereffects immediately. It had no effect on Seviper, so I came up with this conclusion, the formula can make any Pokemon of the Nidoqueen Line increase metabolism and make it giant! I decided it was not safe so I locked it up, but it was stolen. I then concluded that whoever stole it must have a Nidoqueen, Nidorina, or Nidoran Female!” Eastwood said professionally.
“So, this formula mutates DNA, could I please see your Nidorina?” Wes asked.
“Yes, she is now enjoying dinner in her new room I built. I decided to not let her be seen by public, so I made a secret room under this lake!” Eastwood said as he pushed a button and a hatch opened in the floor.
“Interesting.” Wes said as he and his Pokemon followed Eastwood down the hatch.

I was not in a good position. I had just stumbled and broke a Spinarak nest, and now they were chasing me! Chamo was running next to me, screaming in terror as over 20 Spinaraks chased me. My adventure might be over sooner that I expected!