PDA

View Full Version : Best Annoyer

TheParadox
12th April 2004, 04:42 PM
Im looking to add a annoyer to my team can anyone help?

andyizcool
12th April 2004, 04:52 PM
Dusclops@Leftovers
Rest
Will-O-Wisp
Night Shade
Confuse Ray
EVs: 252 HP, 129 Def, 129 Sp Def

Great Annoyer and a Tank that I use. That's probably the best one in Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire unless you start looking at Milotic.

Green_Pikachu
12th April 2004, 11:35 PM
depends on your definition of annoying. i find a wobby to any physical sweeper combo annoying. ludicolo is certainly annoying. that dusclops above me is annoying, but I wouldn't use that set. Pretty much any pokemon can be made annoying if need be.

rinku
13th April 2004, 12:33 AM
"Annoyer" is an over-vague term IMHO. You only have 4 slots, and unless you can deal some direct damage, you will eventually lose to something (the classic situation is annoyers that rely on Toxic then come up vs Steel). The special ability mix also determines what will or will not work. Confuse Ray has been reined in a little in RS due to a few types immune to it, for example. The Dusclops above, solid set though it is, relies on Will-o-Wisp and Confuse Ray to deal with Normal types - a simple combo of Lum Berry and Shadow Ball will give it problems, regardless of target type, since it will take 2 Shadow Ball hits minimum before it can put any sort of effect on the target. Snatch will also derail it vs Normals, and Will-o-wisp does not like Double Team. (DT Spinda is one of its worst nightmares).

Sableye is a good annoyer - immune to three types and not vulnerable to anything, it can stay active longer than its stats imply. But it is a bit fragile for a traditional endurance annoyer, I admit. Nice move pool, though.

Nace
13th April 2004, 04:20 AM
Grumpig makes an excellent annoyer/sweeper combo. I can't stress this enough. Confuse ray+substitute make it near impossible to hit which gives it time to set up calm mind and sweep with psychic. Fantastic pokemon.

andyizcool
13th April 2004, 06:17 AM
Grumpig makes an excellent annoyer/sweeper combo. I can't stress this enough. Confuse ray+substitute make it near impossible to hit which gives it time to set up calm mind and sweep with psychic. Fantastic pokemon.
The problem there is that Dark Pokemon will resist Psychic so you've wasted HP making a Substitute and also wasted a lot of time building up Calm Mind. Still not many people use Dark Pokemon except for Houndoom or Tyranitar.

Sir Chris
13th April 2004, 07:54 AM
Annoyers hmm... IMO, annoyers are a thing of the past in r/s, maybe dusclops...

clops@leftovers
protect
shadow ball
ice beam
will o wisp

yah, not much of an annoyer really... ;o

rinku
13th April 2004, 06:19 PM
I doubt I would have finished L100 Battle Tower without my annoyer Milotic:

Toxic
Confuse Ray
Recover
Ice Beam

+SDef personality, max SDef & Defence effort, 31 DV on Speed & SDef.
Has consistantly taken down Registeel simply by outlasting them (though I admit this would not be likely vs human opponents).

When choosing an annoyer, it is important to say what competition it is intended for. Battle Tower needs different pokémon than 6-belt human vs human. The special ability is also important, which is another good point for Dusclops - it can endure and endure, and meanwhile its opponent is losing 2PP per move used.

Nace
14th April 2004, 06:16 AM
The problem there is that Dark Pokemon will resist Psychic so you've wasted HP making a Substitute and also wasted a lot of time building up Calm Mind. Still not many people use Dark Pokemon except for Houndoom or Tyranitar.

That's only 1 out of 17 types it can't deal with. You can always switch. ;)
And for the record, if it has leftovers, the hp from substitute isn't a problem.

Green_Pikachu
14th April 2004, 08:13 AM
pretty much a well-rounded team can be annoying. because the person will seem to always have SOMETHING to deal with what you have.

THAT is what is annoying.