PDA

View Full Version : Team Smash and Bash v 1.0

The Hobbit
12th April 2004, 07:52 PM
Help!! I just recently got Ruby for my SP, and its been a while since I last played any pokemon game. I was once an idiot who though four attacking moves on any poke was good. I hardly understand all this new stuff about Hazers, Annoyers, Sweepers, and Tanks. I just tried my best to formuate some symblence of a workable team. I know its horrible!!!1one
Fire Red/Ruby Team:

Magneton
@??? no clue
1. Thunder Wave
2. Thunderbolt
3. Metal Sound
4. Reflect

Steelix
@once again, not a clue
1. E-Quake
2. Iron Tail
3. Block
4. Explosion

Scizor
@"
1. Swords Dance
2. Silver Wind
3. Slash
4. ????

Aggron
@"
1. Double Edge
2. Rock Slide
3. ????
4. ????

Metagross
@??
1. Agility
2. Meteor Mash
3 Psychic
4. Calm Mind/E-Quake

I realize any team with a decent fire type would destroy this team single handedly, so I added this guy to help with that inevitable problem.
Swampert
@once again, don't know much about items
1. Mirror Coat
2. Ice Beam
3. Surf
4. Earthquake

I know this team sux horribly bad, but I'm new at this, so give me a break. I'm reluctant to stray 2 far from my steel types, but any additions that could be extremely helpful can be added to the team. Thanks ahead of time for the rate(s)!

Ferilian
12th April 2004, 08:11 PM
I'll do a rate as best I can, and try to counter fire too.

MAGNETON@Leftys
-Thunder
-Rain Dance
-Thunder Wave
-Metal Sound/Reflect

To somewhat counter fire, I did the thunderdance instead of bolt. This helps thunder, swampert, and counters fire. Unfortunantly, it can't get Light Screen, but Reflect can help guard against ground, which is also a huge problem for this team. I'd go with Reflect, but if you reall want MS, go ahead.

STEELIX@shell bell/leftys/anything really
-Double Head (only with Rock Head ability)
-Earthquake
-Iron Tail
-Crunch/Roar/Explosion

A physical sweeper. I'm not much of an expert on this guy, so I'd wait to see if someone else here can give a better set.

SCIZOR@Shell Bell/Focus Band
-Sword's Dance
-Steel Wing
-Silver Wind
-Light Screen/Double Team

Another Physical Sweeper, with all stabbed moves too! I don't believe he has very good sp defenses, but I could be wrong. That's why FBand and DT/LS.

AGGRON@anything
-Iron Tail
-Quake/Rock Slide
-Double Edge (again, with rock head only)
-Roar

I assume you have access to FR/LG move tutor, so Rock Slide if you can. Otherwise, basically same as Steelix.

METAGROSS@Shell Bell
-Meteor Mash
-Shadow Ball
-Psychic/Light Screen
-Return

I didn't give him quake cuz I though you'd need it for someone else, but if you can, go quake over Return. Otherwise, another Physical guy. Go LS if you don't on Scizor.

SWAMPERT@anything/Chesto
(Try for Modest/sp attack raiser if you can)
-Surf/Hydro Pump (only Mudkip learn HPump, so wait to evolve him if you don't go Surf)
-Ice Beam
-HP Electric
-Mirror Coat/Rest

You need a special Sweeper, and Swampert's not the best, but if you want to keep him, this set works great for special sweeping. If you don't want to breed for MC, go chesto rest. Otherwise, switch him out for a Milotic or tanking Wailord.

Dunno how this team'll work with a fire type. Even with the stuff I suggested, fire, ground, and even water give you lots of trouble. Good luck though!

The Hobbit
12th April 2004, 11:18 PM
Thanks a ton, hopefully I'll be able to reform the team with the suggested movesets, thanks for not bashin me because of the horrible movestes I have now!!!11one