View Full Version : UK Battlemaster 2004

TheParadox
13th April 2004, 09:29 AM
The UK tournament rules are:
No individual Pokémon can exceed level 75
The sum level of Pokémon in your party must not exceed 300
The Pokémon in your party must not be holding any items
My team is:
Wobbuffet: It would take lots of damage because of being Lv 55 and Deal alot out
(Shadow Tag)
Encore
Counter
Mirror Coat
Destiny Bond

Gardevoir (Synchronize)
Psychic
Thunderbolt
Calm Mind
Attract

Salamence (Intimidate)
Flamethrower
Crunch
Dragon Claw
Iron Tail

Weezing (Levitate)
Fire blast
Thunder
Sludge
Explosion/Destiny Bond

Exploud (Sound Proof) another pokemon with staying power
Flamethrower
Return
Rest
Sleep Talk

Shiftry (Synthesis) Lv 75 My main hope it has staying power and lots of Damage potential
Sunny Day
Synthesis
Solar Beam
Toxic

Could anyone suggest levels and should i concentrate on three of them and use the rest as fillers? I need to know quickly

andyizcool
13th April 2004, 09:54 AM
You might not last in that Tournament because they have no Uber ban. Meaning some kid with his Team of 6 Pokemon out of these Regirock, Regice, Registeel, Latios, Latias, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza could easily defeat anyone. The one thing little kids lack is using EVs. My thoughts on winning that Tournament are you need to use some good Ubers with some good IVs, EVs, and Movesets. Your Team is good but I just don't think it'll last against the Ubers and Legends.

TheParadox
13th April 2004, 10:16 AM
Ill have a go though, I could use a low level Shedninja, am i right in thinking it is only affected by supereffective attacks? (it could set up a Double Team, Swords Dance, Confuse ray, Baton Pass for Salamence or a Agility for a low level weezing and then use Destiny Bond)

Chris 2.1
13th April 2004, 01:01 PM
Where is this tournament held? I may pop down there....and add an Uuber to my team :P

Great Gardevoir set, i've got an identical one on my team. My friend says Imprison's a good choice, but well I can't see why really. She'll be out against fighting, water and flying types, they won't have any similar moves.

andyizcool
13th April 2004, 01:12 PM
This Tournament is going to be held in selected Toys 'R Us stores around the UK, mostly in the big city areas so I won't be able to take part. To enter you collect a card from the shop and answer a few questions. If you're allowed to enter you'll have to follow those rules and battles will happen on Pokemon Colosseum in selected cinemas, once again only big city areas. The Grand Final if anyone gets there has no rules and it's all out attack. The winner gets free Nintendo games for a year.

TheParadox
13th April 2004, 02:01 PM
Go to the official nintendo site for more info

TheParadox
13th April 2004, 02:16 PM
I am ashamed of my self but for Round 2 i may use Groudon

andyizcool
13th April 2004, 02:21 PM
I am ashamed of my self but for Round 2 i may use Groudon
Don't be ashamed, trust me you'll need the Ubers if you want to win this because everyone else will use them. Why don't you use my Physical Sweeping Moveset because he's a better Physical Sweeper than Special Sweeper.

Groudon@Leftovers/Salac Berry
Bulk Up
Brick Break
Earthquake
Fire Blast

TheParadox
13th April 2004, 02:44 PM
Im thinking Lv 74 Shiftry, Salamence, Wobbuffet and Groudon
and 2 LV 2 fillers
Are Lati@s that powerful?

TheParadox
13th April 2004, 02:49 PM
Or Should i use 5 level 60's
if not should Gardevoir go?

andyizcool
13th April 2004, 03:09 PM
The Lati@s are Uber when they use Calm Mind a few times and have Recover to heal back any HP they lose. Your idea sounds good using 5 Level 60s but you must have 6 Team Members adding up to 300 Level Total. You could always try this Lati@s because Dragon Claw will affect nearly everything getting STAB and powered up by Calm Mind. If they bring in a Physical Sweeper just remember to switch to a Physical Sponge like Skarmory, Weezing, Regirock, or Registeel.

Lati@s
Psychic
Recover
Calm Mind
Dragon Claw

Chris 2.1
13th April 2004, 03:11 PM
Ahh right. Well there's a Toys R Us about an hour away, near a shopping complex we go to sometimes. I missed the Eon ticket download by one day :(

I might train up some critters, it sounds good. oh, and TheParadox: many say Pokemon is for little kids. There will be lots of little kids there. To be supreme, THINK like a little kid. Cry if your opponent gets a critical hit, use a Lati*s and smash their faces ^^

Poryhedron
13th April 2004, 03:54 PM
Ill have a go though, I could use a low level Shedninja, am i right in thinking it is only affected by supereffective attacks? (it could set up a Double Team, Swords Dance, Confuse ray, Baton Pass for Salamence or a Agility for a low level weezing and then use Destiny Bond)
Well, kinda. Direct-damage attacks will fail unless they're super-effective (Dark, Fire, Flying, Ghost and Rock are the types to avoid.) However, indirect damage still works. That means poison, burns, Spikes, Sandstorm, Leech Seed and Hail all KO Shedinja in a single turn, as does its own use of a recoil move like Double-Edge or attacking a pokémon with Rough Skin. Shedinja can be excellent in the right situation (for example, I hear there's next to nothing in Wallace's Gym that can phase it,) but it still remains dangerously fragile.

TheParadox
13th April 2004, 06:35 PM
I might go for Shiftry, Lati@s (cant remember which one), a Lanturn (Thunder Wave, Confuse R, Surf and Thunderbolt) and Groudron adds up to 300 so i will drop 2 levels for Groudon and Lanturn
Just that i have no Dark moves but there arnet many Dark pokemon out there
Is anyone going to be in the Greenwich area or going to Thurrock Retail park for it? (Hope i get through with the application)
They are rushing it a bit though.
It wont be that hard to get in the top three if its mostly little kids, i just worry that they wont check for Action Replay or GameShark which i h8 because it shows no effort has gone into them
EDIT: Who should i start with and is there any low level pokemon that can poison/paralyze/hurt or anything else when hit?

TheParadox
14th April 2004, 04:41 AM
Problem.. i have no dragon claw anymore ill try to get it off a friend but if not what other move can i use for Latios is Dragonbreath too weak
And is toxic TM available in colluseum?

andyizcool
14th April 2004, 04:47 AM
Problem.. i have no dragon claw anymore ill try to get it off a friend but if not what other move can i use for Latios is Dragonbreath too weak
And is toxic TM available in colluseum?
Dragonbreath is a bit more weaker but after a few Calm Minds it could still do some decent damage. Dragonbreath also has a nice chance of PRZing them. When they're PRZ that gives you more time to Calm Mind or Recover. All TMs from Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire are available in Pokemon Colosseum.

Don't Run With Scizors
14th April 2004, 12:27 PM
Pokémon can't be holding items? Well, that totally wrecks my idea of a L5 Koffing taking out a Latios with a Quick Clawed Destiny Bond...

I'll start with some potential fillers that might have some tiny use in battle:

Trapinch (hatched L5, with Arena Trap): Protect, Quick Attack, Toxic <- murders Slakings

Sableye (hatched L5): Fake Out, Protect, Confuse Ray, Secret Power <- switch it in whenever its immunities give it an advantage

Mawile (hatched L5, with Intimidate): Protect, Secret Power, Swords Dance, Baton Pass <- it Intimidates and Baton Passes. Go figure.

Electrike (hatched L5, with Static): Thunder Wave, Quick Attack, Leer, Protect <- switch it in whenever you expect the opponent to use a contact move, maybe Static will paralyze them

Poochyena (caught L2): Protect, Secret Power <- it's at a low level, so that's a few extra levels for your high-level Pokémon

Zigzagoon (caught L2): Protect, Growl, Secret Power <- same here

Roselia (hatched L5, with Poison Point): Spikes, Protect, Toxic, Leech Seed <- same as Electrike

EDIT: Actually, only TMs that aren't RS Gym Leader TMs are available in Colosseum. No extra Calm Minds or Bulk Ups, unfortunately.

TheParadox
15th April 2004, 06:30 AM
Is it possible the one of my pokemon may level up while fighting or is it like battle tower?

andyizcool
15th April 2004, 08:20 AM
Is it possible the one of my pokemon may level up while fighting or is it like battle tower?
Stadium and Colosseum are like the Battle Tower. You stay at whatever Level your Pokemon are while battling. So you shouldn't worry about any of your Pokemon levelling up in the Tournament.

boy
16th April 2004, 07:02 AM
if i ever get into round 2 would it be a good idea if i use 1-3 very high level (lvl. 70-75) pokemon in my team and have the rest to be at level 5 or lower.

surely 2 high levelled sweepers will kill off lvl. 50 teams wont it!?

TheParadox
16th April 2004, 07:19 AM
yeah but not every1 will have Lv50 teams

Don't Run With Scizors
16th April 2004, 11:59 AM
Better to have a few high-level Pokémon than to have a bunch of L50s who are going to be decimated in two heartbeats by other L70+ teams.

For your team, I suggest you give your higher-level Pokémon some sleep moves so your lower-levels can have a chance to setup (like with Roselia), or Toxic so you can abuse Protect with your lower-levels and let them take increasing damage.

boy
17th April 2004, 08:14 AM
should i use a spcl sweeping rayquaza so i can kill off legendaries such as kyogre and grounden? the onli problem with rayquaza is that i wont be able 2 get his EVs sorted in 5 levels.

andyizcool
17th April 2004, 08:44 AM
should i use a spcl sweeping rayquaza so i can kill off legendaries such as kyogre and grounden? the onli problem with rayquaza is that i wont be able 2 get his EVs sorted in 5 levels.
A Special Sweeping Rayquaza could work. Or a Physical Sweeping Rayquaza with Dragon Dance could also work. EVs getting sorted in 5 Levels is easy. Use Vitimins and then battle weak Pokemon for EVs so you don't get much EXP from the battle.

Don't Run With Scizors
17th April 2004, 01:32 PM
Ludicolo does a way better job of taking out Kyogre and Groudon than Rayquaza does, who is going to be shot down by Ice Beams and Ancientpowers. Ludicolo can sap the life out of the other two with Leech Seed and Toxic while Protecting away.