PDA

View Full Version : Battling another person

Water Pokemon Master
13th April 2004, 06:13 PM
I got Colosseum on Easter but played it before at a TCG tournament. I could had sworn that I played someone with pre-set Pokemon or something in Colosseum, but I could be mistaken. So, is there anyway of battling someone if you have two controllers using Pokemon from Colosseum?

Spinarak-Man
13th April 2004, 09:02 PM
To do any sort of multiplayer battle you have to have at least one GBA, the GCN link, and a Ruby/Sapphire cart with the desired team. The link loads the current RS team from the cart and you battle using those pokes while the other person uses the controller and pokemon from the RPG. Your other option is to get a second link and another GBA with cart and battle out those two teams.... though quite honestly that's stupid since you can do that anyway just by linking the two GBAs... IMO, Multiplayer isn't all that lovely.

There's your answer and my two cents. Have a nice day. ;x

Razola
13th April 2004, 09:09 PM
So there's no rental pokemon this time around? Wow, what a sequel.

RattataGuy
13th April 2004, 09:55 PM
So there's no rental pokemon this time around? Wow, what a sequel.
I thought people generally felt that rental pokemon were underpowered, possessed weak movesets and all together sucked.

Besides, Colosseum isn't a sequel to the Stadium games (I refuse to call it that). There are no "rental pokemon" because you get to raise up your own in the half-baked RPG mode.

Water Pokemon Master
14th April 2004, 02:48 AM
Oh, so that is why it was telling me to hook up a GBA. How much do those cables cost? I know I have seen them at Target.

Number1ChanseyFan
14th April 2004, 07:55 AM
I believe that a cable costs about $7-10 if you buy one made that isn't made by Nintendo, and the one made by Nintendo costs about $12-15.

stickachu
14th April 2004, 08:26 AM
I am kind of dissappointed that there aren't any rental pokemon, but it is worth getting a GBA/GC cable. If not for this game, then for the various other games that use it (i.e. Pac Man VS. I love that game)

Dark_Alakazam
14th April 2004, 08:31 AM
I thought people generally felt that rental pokemon were underpowered, possessed weak movesets and all together sucked.

They did.....most of them were the worst possible quality too.. :lol:

The one feature I wish they put in would have to be Earl's accademy. Not the fights, but the library of movesets and breeding guides is even better than any faq. It reall helped....but now its gone. :oh:

IMHO: Maybe they should have made a stadium-type game seperate from the rpg-type game...then both would have been longer. ;)