PDA

View Full Version : Great card Images-GC images too?

Latios24
27th January 2003, 08:31 PM
.New Pokemon Cards!!! (http://www.pokeschool.com/tcg/sets/jp/adv/)

Here's a site with cool images of the new pokemon trading card game.

Also, attached is a picture of what looks like the new GC game. Looks real to me. Sorry if this is old news. I thought some ppl might wanted to know

[attachment deleted by admin]

Madelyn151
27th January 2003, 08:39 PM
hmm...

there are old, unobtainable pokemon in that set.

hmm.

Scythemantis
27th January 2003, 11:51 PM
Seems my girlfriend was right... the two different cocoons aren't actually covered in spines, those are just strands of silk suspending them in place. If you do enlarge the sprites of them, you'll see the "spines" don't have tips...

Nightingale23
28th January 2003, 01:59 AM
hmmmmm... I've noticed many cards (especially the old pokemon) with "ex".. does anybody know what does that mean!?

P.S Latios24 your pokemon GC game pic is definately fake... :wave:

Hyperworm
28th January 2003, 07:08 AM
All Pokémon unavailable in RS have "ex" attached, I think.
Just below the name of the illustrator on "ex" cards, there's a small note:

Pokemon 'ex' ga kizetsu shita toki, aite pureiyaa wa saido o 2-mai torimasu.
which means
When an 'ex' Pokémon faints, the opponent takes 2 Prizes.

Serebii of SPP
28th January 2003, 07:31 AM
Thats not true, there are the following Promos: Groudon Ex and Kyogre ex, it's just coincidence that in ADV that the Ex cards are pkmn not obtainable

Hyperworm
28th January 2003, 09:24 AM
I didn't say that ONLY all Pokémon unobtainable in RS have "ex", Serebii... you'd have to tell me that Bulbasaur didn't have "ex" (as an example). What I said (at least from your evidence) is still true.
However, if you're right about those promos, maybe "ex" stands for "extra" (prizes) rather than "ex-" as in "previous"(ly available). Or maybe the two promos are merely a special case.

*shrug*

This should probably be in a TCG forum, BTW ...

The Muffin Man
28th January 2003, 12:31 PM
I've heard rumors you use the E-Reader to obtain unobtainables...maybe this is true? Hmmm...

and before people call it "true"...

I SAID RUMOR!! DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES GET MAD IF THIS IS NOT THE CASE!!

Serebii of SPP
28th January 2003, 12:45 PM
It is not true

The only thing the e-cards have are dex data and mini-games/animations/sounds

diurnal.
28th January 2003, 01:24 PM
like the tree pixie dude says.......

theres some techno-mumbo that explains why (best just to nod)

Scizor Master
28th January 2003, 01:34 PM
Whoa, that Bashamo card looks SWEET!!! Too bad I dont collect them anymore. Where'd you get that pic? Looks fake to me

The Muffin Man
28th January 2003, 02:47 PM
well I heard it from IGN...

so it probably is fake XD

And Serebi - The E-Reader only gives dex-data and cries as is. Perhaps there will be an attachment for gameboy games?

Jaffa
28th January 2003, 02:57 PM
Woah! Ralis has... EYES! Pretty-ful ones at that!

I try not to believe rumors... They can land people in deep doo-doo... (I know of someone's [a teacher at my school, to be exact] life/career being destroyed by a rumor... Though it was true after all... But if the kids hadn't have found out it could have just been quietly dealt with... but it got out and totally recked his/her life.) So I tend not to gossip/crap-stir...

I THOUGHT ENEKORORO WAS DARK BROWN... NOT PURPLE!

Cards can really help sometimes...

Scizor Master
28th January 2003, 04:14 PM
Why is that sloth inviting us to stare at it's butt? And that Mewtwo card is SO rigged

Serebii of SPP
28th January 2003, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by The Muffin Man
well I heard it from IGN...

so it probably is fake XD

And Serebi - The E-Reader only gives dex-data and cries as is. Perhaps there will be an attachment for gameboy games?

It's not the matter of the reader, i'm sure it's perfectly capable of it, it's the cards, the cards cannot hold the amount of data necessary for the pokémon...especially in times of R/S where theres loads of data for each pkmn, if it was still in RB days, it would be very simple

Onaicul
28th January 2003, 08:02 PM
Serebii, I'm not trying to contradict you but I was just thinking.....
Since teh data for the unobtainable pokemon is already in teh game, could the E-cards just be "keys" to unlock teh datd and let it be used in the game. I doubt this is true but I'm just being hopeful.

Scizor Master
28th January 2003, 08:08 PM
Not me! I'd much rather use the Gamecube than spend $40 on an E-reader and even more on cards

Azura Stardust
29th January 2003, 05:52 AM
OMFG, that is so cool! Wow! I like the Ralis line the best! You're right - IT HAS EEEEEYES ^_^ *huggles* Saanaito rocks! Wow! That Eneko picture is SO NICE.... gwai, I want to kidnap the artist! :[ Meh. The Rakurai one is yuckyish, though...

I'm convinced Saanaito is a woman. Sexay lady! (Why the hell there are male Saanaitos beats me. Seriously. X_X;)

Strange that usually TMM is quick to close topics and take action on them, but for this one which so obviously is supposed to go into PCG, he POSTED twice or more (can't remember) and didn't move it...

Serebii of SPP
29th January 2003, 06:32 AM
Originally posted by Onaicul
Serebii, I'm not trying to contradict you but I was just thinking.....
Since teh data for the unobtainable pokemon is already in teh game, could the E-cards just be "keys" to unlock teh datd and let it be used in the game. I doubt this is true but I'm just being hopeful.

The game has the data for the Pokémon, but each wild Pokémon or one you battle has different coding to the rest, stuff like Shiny, Personality, where it was hatched, characteristic, attacks, items, DV's, stats etc. are the stuff that would be required on the barcode and it has more data than the cards could handle

Roarkiller
29th January 2003, 07:15 AM
Originally posted by Azura Stardust
Strange that usually TMM is quick to close topics and take action on them, but for this one which so obviously is supposed to go into PCG, he POSTED twice or more (can't remember) and didn't move it...

I was wondering when PCG suddenly got so active with so many new posters. Anyway, this topic concerns VERY old news, so i doubt anyone would bother that much, plus Pokeschool is one of the best (or only) news site so i suppose everyone would know where it is and what's posted.