PDA

View Full Version : Strongest Team!

Suicure
14th April 2004, 06:24 AM
It took me so long to build up this team that's a strong one enough to defeat any teams out there. Comments? Suggestions? Welcome to say anything......

CAMERUPT@Chesto Berry
Earthquake
Flamethrower
Amnesia
Rest

Weakness: Dragon, Water
Strength:Electric, Ice, Bug, Fire, Grass, Poison, Rock, Steel

KINGDRA@Leftovers
Surf
Dragonclaw
Ice Beam
Dragon Dance

Weakness: Dragon
Strength: Dragon, Fire, Ground, Rock

SABLEYE@Leftovers
Shadow Ball
Faint Attack
Recover
Confuse Ray

Weakness:Fighting
Strength:Ghost, Psychic

SKARMORY@Leftovers
Steel Wing
Fly/ Aerial Ace
Spikes
Roar

Weakness:Electric, Fire
Strength:Bug, Fighting, Grass, Steel

SOLROCK@Leftovers
Psychic
Rock Slide
Explosion
Cosmic Power/Calm Mind

Weakness:Grass, Steel
Strength:Bug, Fire, Flying, Ice, Poison

BRELOOM@Leftovers
Sky Uppercut
Giga Drain
Spore
Bulk Up

Weakness:Bug, Dragon, Fire, Flying, Poison, Psychic
Strength: Dark, Ground, Ice, Normal, Rock, Water

What do you think guys? Is this great or what?

Kari and Mewtwo
14th April 2004, 08:36 AM
Could use some work.

Camerupt- havent used it much, so I gues this'll do.

Kingdra- Dragon Dance, but no physical attack? If you're looking for a speed boost, go for Rain Dance. Not only will you be abusing the swift swim ability, you'll be gaining extra power on surf as well.

Sableye- Technically, SABLEYE HAS NO WEAK </ripoff of CMSHNW> But its stats are either average or below average. Can't really help you here, seeing as I never used Sableye.

Skarmory- Drill Peck as your flying move, and get it rest over steel wing (it doesnt need 2 stab moves, seeing as its attack power sucks after factoring in EVs)

Solrock- This guy is usually devoted to only physical moves with the help of an adamant personality. EQ, Slide, Explosion, HP Flying is the standard, i think.

Breloom- Bulk up is a waste on him, since hes fragile. Giga Drain has no purpoe either, since its SA is overshadowed by its massive Attack stat. As with Solrock, make this guy Adamant. And use the following:

Breloom @;Leftovers
Spore
Focus Punch
Mach Punch
HP Ghost/Leech Seed

The old Spore + Focuspunch combo never fails unless its an insomniac or a chestorester. Mach Punch for the sole purpose of pulling off a quick kill against something you know is faster than Breloom, but has just enough HP to die from a stabbed MP running off of a 395 attack stat. HP Ghost is there since it has some problems against ghosts sometimes.

Poryhedron
14th April 2004, 12:10 PM
What are those weaknesses and strengths you're listing? Are they taking into account the moves your pokémon can use to determine how the pokémon will fare overall against enemies of that type? Because they certainly aren't the lists of attacks that deal double damage and those that deal half damage.

Suicure
15th April 2004, 01:10 AM
Those weakness that I have listed is the pokemon attacks them with that type of attack, they will be damaged more. While the strength I am talking about is the pokemon that takes more damage when my pokemon attacks.

Poryhedron
15th April 2004, 11:27 PM
Well, that's...a very bizarre way to do it...but if the Weaknesses are supposed to be "Pokémon got hit with an attack of this type! It's super-effective!" then some of them are wrong.

Camerupt's defensive weaknesses: Ground, Water.
Sableye's defensive weaknesses: none!
Solrock's defensive weaknesses: Bug, Dark, Ghost, Grass, Steel, Water.
Breloom's defensive weaknesses: Fire, Flying, Ice, Poison, Psychic.

You were right for Kingdra and Skarmory, but on Kingdra's Strengths you left out Flying and Grass, which get badly hurt by Ice Beam, and on Skarmory you left out Ice and Rock, which fall to Steel Wing. Fighting should be on Solrock's list of Strengths, since Psychic'll drop them, and Steel should be on Breloom's because Steel-types don't enjoy Sky Uppercut. Also, Steel isn't among Skarmory's Strengths; in fact, both Steel Wing and Fly/Aerial Ace are weak against Steel-types.

rinku
16th April 2004, 01:03 AM
Most seem OK but Kingdra is a mess. Dragon Dance with no physical attack, and an illegal Dragon Claw. Perhaps you meant Dragonbreath?

Kingda:

Hydro Pump/Surf
Dragonbreath (egg move)
Ice Beam
Rain Dance/Double Team/Attract/Protect

would be my set. Rain Dance doubles its Speed and boosts its water attack, so I'd take that over Dragon Dance or Agility. HP Grass or Electric is a fair alternate to Dragonbreath, since it mostly has trouble affecting Water types. Dragonbreath is better for taking on other Kingdras, for what that is worth.

Suicure
16th April 2004, 05:16 AM
Ok, how did you say that Dragonclaw is illegal?? and how can I get Hp Grass or Electric on Kingdra?

Poryhedron
16th April 2004, 04:07 PM
Dragon Claw is illegal because Kingdra can't possibly learn it. It doesn't learn the move through levelup, it's not compatible with the TM and it can't inherit the move through breeding.
As for getting Hidden Power GRS/ELC, it's all about chance. You'll have to:
1) buy a TM 10 (Hidden Power) at Slateport Market
2) teach it to your Horsea/Seadra/Kingdra
3) test it out against a Kecleon, or against other opponents, to verify the type
4) if the type isn't Electric or Grass, go catch another Horsea and repeat.

Kecleon's the easy way because its Color Change power will change Kecleon's type to match Hidden Power's type. You'll get a readout of that, so you'll know exactly what type it is. There are only a certain number of invisible Kecleon to encounter, though, and random-encounter Kecleon are far too rare, so you may need other targets...to find out if your Hidden Power is Grass-type or Electric-type, simply use it on opponents in the Firey Path; only an Electric-type Hidden Power will utterly fail against Numel, and only a Grass-type Hidden Power will be standard against Numel but weak against both Grimer/Koffing and Slugma/Torkoal.

Suicure
18th April 2004, 03:56 AM
Ok, continue with the rating guys!